Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Would Keith Finally Tour Solo?
Date: January 15, 2011 15:56

Say the Stones don't get it together; would Keith finally just whip something together himself? In a way, I wish he would start hinting at that already. I guess, his days of throwing a band led by him on guitar are over. As much as I'd like it, and as fierce as I thought the Winos were - I don't think he could physically do it. But when Keith has to take over the reins he usually surprises us. I could see the Winos working with him playing a lot less guitar, for starters. Another option were for him to play a little piano, just do some singing.
opinions?

Re: Would Keith Finally Tour Solo?
Posted by: Rik ()
Date: January 15, 2011 15:58

no

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 15, 2011 16:00

In all honesty,l can't see him doing a full tour,as he did with the Winos in the 90s,he just don't have it,but the idea of him doing sometime in a small scale,as you say playing piano,and maybe some acoustic,it could be great..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 15, 2011 16:10

not a chance in hell - well, maybe in hell

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: January 15, 2011 16:17

yes he will....

it would be fragmented,, but he would...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 15, 2011 16:38

no, he wont

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 15, 2011 16:43

He did not play guitar for a long time, so why should he tour solo?

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: January 15, 2011 17:00

There would be no chance in this at all. Keith just doesnt have it anymore. He is relegated to just the riffs. Look at the last tour, he had to look at the monitor for all of the words for just his two songs every show. Sad to say but no.

Date: January 15, 2011 17:20

Hope so...

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 15, 2011 17:23

??? Keith might be a reason that the Stones might not tour again.....his arthritis....so why would
you think he could do a solo tour? With or without Blondie?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 15, 2011 18:35

never ever

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 15, 2011 18:48

done deal.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 15, 2011 18:57

If he would love to play live, he could do that anytime.
But he doesn´t move his arse since 2007.

Some can´t see him doing a solo tour - but yearn for a Stones tour?
How does that work?

Maybe it´s all over.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 15, 2011 19:08

makes no sense what so ever for keith to tour solo

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 15, 2011 19:19

I watched Boston 93 a couple of days ago. He was at the top of his game then.Razor sharp riffing and top notch weaving with Waddy. A Winos tour would be a disaster for him now IMHO.

scuk

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: January 15, 2011 19:47

I would absolutely love it. I think he'd be great. I've asked this question numerous times with no reply, but I think I'll try again. Did y'all really think Keith's playing was bad on the first part of the ABB Tour? 2005 and early 2006? I saw two shows and thought it was business as usual, in a good way. He got seriously injured and went back to work too quick cause that's who he is. I'd buy Winos tickets if they went on sale today for sure.

[www.non-filters.com]

Date: January 15, 2011 22:51

Why wouldn´t he? As a solo act, he can adjust how much guitar he plays, and focus on his singing. How good it would be is another matter...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 15, 2011 22:56

Palace Revolution 2000
Say the Stones don't get it together

I don't even want to think about it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: January 15, 2011 23:02

Joe Satriani plans on doing another G3 tour in 2012...He needs 2 other guitarists to fill the bill.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 15, 2011 23:08

I wouldn't mind for a Keith & Winos tour ..... after the next Stonestour

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 15, 2011 23:46

NO!

What part of "he can't play" don't you understand?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 16, 2011 01:32

Palace Revolution 2000
Say the Stones don't get it together; would Keith finally just whip something together himself? In a way, I wish he would start hinting at that already. I guess, his days of throwing a band led by him on guitar are over. As much as I'd like it, and as fierce as I thought the Winos were - I don't think he could physically do it. But when Keith has to take over the reins he usually surprises us. I could see the Winos working with him playing a lot less guitar, for starters. Another option were for him to play a little piano, just do some singing.
opinions?

He'll probably end up joining Ronnie's band in the end. Because Ronnie is definitely going to have at least one, and probably two bands. This year in particular. You know he'll show up for Faces or his solo band. If Ronnie let's him that is grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2011 01:38

Keith's had ample opportunity since 1995 to do solo live work (or recording) during Stones down time and has never taken it.

Aside from the previously speculated physical issues, why would anyone think he would be remotely interested in doing something of this nature now?

Plus, on the last year of the ABB tour he had stopped playing and singing at the same time. Presumably that was a medical issue at the time.

That may still be a problem (we don't know for sure as he has been all but totally inactive as a performer in that time), but if it is, what would be the motivation to see Keith front a band where he can only sing when he stops playing guitar and vice versa?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-16 01:41 by Gazza.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 16, 2011 02:14

I'm thinking that the window of opportunity for any Keef solo tour has long since closed.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 16, 2011 06:41

what would possibly be the point of a keith tour? much rather see a charlie solo show to be honest

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:07

nonfilter
I would absolutely love it. I think he'd be great. I've asked this question numerous times with no reply, but I think I'll try again. Did y'all really think Keith's playing was bad on the first part of the ABB Tour? 2005 and early 2006? I saw two shows and thought it was business as usual, in a good way. He got seriously injured and went back to work too quick cause that's who he is. I'd buy Winos tickets if they went on sale today for sure.

[www.non-filters.com]

I thought he was fine pre-accident - not the guitar monster of bygone years of course, but decent enough. Most of the European tour in 2006 after the accident he was solid too, oddly enough, although maybe some of the early shows were a bit hit and miss - at the five shows that I saw in Europe that summer he was on good form.

The American leg that followed it was a different ballgame entirely. I've never been one to pick holes in the band's musicianship, but some of the shows early in that tour make for very painful listening. Whatever happened in that three week break in September '06 when he did the 'Pirates' shooting, he wasnt the same Keith by the time it came to resume the tour in Foxboro. Maybe it was over-medication or something, but he clearly seemed to be struggling. It did get better as that US leg went on though (maybe getting out of freezing stadiums helped!). The European leg in '07 was pretty inconsistent too, especially in the first 3-4 weeks, several shows he was mostly OK but had a few 'blips', although in fairness he was in pretty good form at the o2 shows that ended the tour.

Overall, I dont think he was as bad as some people make out. I guess its easy to forget the shows when he played at a level that you'd expect (because its natural to take that for granted) and remember the moments that were truly bad.

I cant see, however, that four years on and at 67 years of age, with medical problems that affect his manual dexterity (and possibly his co-ordination skills as well), that things are going to improve - especially when you throw in to the mix the fact that by his own admission he's hardly picked up a guitar since he came off the road.

Personally, in an ideal world, I'd love to see him playing theatres with the Winos again (I missed out on those shows in '92 and I think they're terrific). I just don't think he's up to fronting a band anymore, unfortunately. sad smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:19

Accident and arthritis notwithstanding (both are huge issues), there is a dramatic difference between Keith's playing with the Winos and with the Stones during the same era. I much prefer his playing with the Winos and felt that was what we got in the studio on VOODOO LOUNGE and BRIDGES TO BABYLON. If Keith could still do that (back to accident and arthritis factors), it would be phenomenal. The problem is the motivation is money and, as we've seen, Keith has been directed (and clearly agrees) to go for playing pirate and plugging autobiographies over furthering his musical identity. Playing living legend pays better and that may be more of a factor than any health limitations.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:22

Part of me hopes not. I mean if he did, this board would light up with daily scrutiny of every little nuance, critiques, and numerous posts about how he has lost it and will never be the Keith of 1972 again.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:25

The bigger question is would the Dylan moustache return if he did?

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:45

I think Keith has come to grips with his demons (cut out the coke and booze) and has realized that he needs to be on the ball, and I am cautiously optimistic that the Stones might surprise us all with an excellent album and tour. Certainly Ron has been showing some promise lately, and I don't think they want to go out with '07.

Well, they just have to, don't they? It's my son's 1978 right now (relative to my age), and I would have killed for that opportunity to see that band then (and probably would have remembered it). I'll take him if my wife will let me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home