Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21
Re: OT - NHL Hockey 2011
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 17, 2011 00:23

filstan
black n blue
Why don't they like Bettman

Because he is Bettman and he IS a tool.
Wait till Roger Goodell shows his face in a football stadium this year. It'll make the Bettman booing look like a parade.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 17, 2011 00:55

Congrats to the Bruins!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 17, 2011 02:04

tatters
Great riot. I'm not sure I understand it, though. Do the fans get something if their team wins? Do they each get a check for $10,000? And that's why they rioted? 'Cause now they're not gonna get their checks?

Those rioters were San Jose Sharks fans messing up Vancouver. Too many hard feelings.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 17, 2011 06:52

Well done Bruins. Boston should be proud. Ah yes, the Canuckleheads. This team will be remembered for quite a long time. The way they played brilliantly at times, lost control often of their emotions to the detriment of their goal to win the cup. The fans in Vancouver are a strange bunch. A real contradiction. Optimistic yet very paranoid. Blame the refs, NHL conspiracy supporting the Americans vs. the Canadians. Really strange stuff. Bottom line is they lost. Had they just played the games, their talent might have been enough to surpass the Bruins, but when they brought the Burrrows biting incident, Lapierre taunting in the next game, the final straw with the Horton hit. They woke up a Bruin team that seemed a bit unsure of themselves in the first 2 games. The result was the bruins became a team that wanted revenge and was willing to extract physical punishment on a game to game basis that the Canucks were unprepared to deal with. Arrogant Canucks never acknowledged the fact they were getting outplayed and beaten up. Luongo dissing Thomas yet getting completely outplayed. The Sedins with silly statements in the press. Promising a win in game 7. Great players when other teams give them room. Average when they are checked and denied space on the ice. In the end the Canucks were soundly beaten physically and this kept them from being able to answer and score goals at regular strength. Their special teams completely went in the toilet, because their D men had nothing left in the tank and forwards were getting killed along the walls. simply put the bruins and especially Tim Thomas had all the answers.

Next year the Nucks will have the bullseye on their sweaters along with the Bruins. Winning the Cup is hard enough, a huge mountain to climb. Repeating and getting close again is even harder because every team is gunning for you. Look at Philly this year and the Hawks. The NHL is a great league. I look forward to next year and I believe the Hawks will be back looking to prove and a chip on their shoulders. Have fun Boston. This deal doesn't come round very often so enjoy the ride.

Date: June 17, 2011 07:42

The Sicilian
tatters
Great riot. I'm not sure I understand it, though. Do the fans get something if their team wins? Do they each get a check for $10,000? And that's why they rioted? 'Cause now they're not gonna get their checks?

Those rioters were San Jose Sharks fans messing up Vancouver. Too many hard feelings.
Well we know they couldn't be Sabres fans. People in Buffalo are so used to losing they just lie there and take it.moody smiley

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 17, 2011 07:42

Pretty much nailed it there, filstan, especially the part about this deal not coming round very often.

Signed, A Leaf Fan

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: June 17, 2011 07:47

filstan
Well done Bruins. Boston should be proud. Ah yes, the Canuckleheads. This team will be remembered for quite a long time. The way they played brilliantly at times, lost control often of their emotions to the detriment of their goal to win the cup. The fans in Vancouver are a strange bunch. A real contradiction. Optimistic yet very paranoid. Blame the refs, NHL conspiracy supporting the Americans vs. the Canadians. Really strange stuff. Bottom line is they lost. Had they just played the games, their talent might have been enough to surpass the Bruins, but when they brought the Burrrows biting incident, Lapierre taunting in the next game, the final straw with the Horton hit. They woke up a Bruin team that seemed a bit unsure of themselves in the first 2 games. The result was the bruins became a team that wanted revenge and was willing to extract physical punishment on a game to game basis that the Canucks were unprepared to deal with. Arrogant Canucks never acknowledged the fact they were getting outplayed and beaten up. Luongo dissing Thomas yet getting completely outplayed. The Sedins with silly statements in the press. Promising a win in game 7. Great players when other teams give them room. Average when they are checked and denied space on the ice. In the end the Canucks were soundly beaten physically and this kept them from being able to answer and score goals at regular strength. Their special teams completely went in the toilet, because their D men had nothing left in the tank and forwards were getting killed along the walls. simply put the bruins and especially Tim Thomas had all the answers.

Next year the Nucks will have the bullseye on their sweaters along with the Bruins. Winning the Cup is hard enough, a huge mountain to climb. Repeating and getting close again is even harder because every team is gunning for you. Look at Philly this year and the Hawks. The NHL is a great league. I look forward to next year and I believe the Hawks will be back looking to prove and a chip on their shoulders. Have fun Boston. This deal doesn't come round very often so enjoy the ride.

Very well put. Thank you, and greetings from Boston . . .smileys with beer

Date: June 17, 2011 15:03

Party on Boston! I wish you good weather for tomorrow's Bruin celebration.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 17, 2011 16:10

filstan

well that's one very biased way of looking at it and a very romantic tie in for a Bruins fan....you should get a job at NESN where brown nosing the Bruins is a paying job....both teams took liberties with the hits and level of sportsmanship with their taunting. Water under the bridge. In the end the Canucks were decimated; 2 defensemen were out and Raymond had a broken vertebrae. It was a fun series the Bruins were able to take advantage in game 7 and they won. Congrats to the survivors of a tough series.....the parade should be fun in Boston.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 17, 2011 16:42

108 days till the start of the next season. Can't wait!

Date: June 17, 2011 19:07

More Hot Rocks
108 days till the start of the next season.
And the Sabres are already out of playoff contention.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 17, 2011 21:12

sweetcharmedlife
More Hot Rocks
108 days till the start of the next season.
And the Sabres are already out of playoff contention.

No they are tied for first place. To be serious the people around here were acting like they were going to the finals. Clueless to what it takes. Buffalo would of been killed. When Tyler Myers is at best that's still not good enough. Please send Roy packing. Too soft.

Date: June 18, 2011 00:35

Rip This
filstan

well that's one very biased way of looking at it and a very romantic tie in for a Bruins fan....you should get a job at NESN where brown nosing the Bruins is a paying job....both teams took liberties with the hits and level of sportsmanship with their taunting. Water under the bridge. In the end the Canucks were decimated; 2 defensemen were out and Raymond had a broken vertebrae. It was a fun series the Bruins were able to take advantage in game 7 and they won. Congrats to the survivors of a tough series.....the parade should be fun in Boston.

Was I rooting hard for the Bruins? Absof'kinglutely. Am I a Bruins fan, yes but a casual one as they are original 6, and I like their style. Otherwise, I am a full time Blackhawks season ticket holder and go to almost all the games. Consequently, I think you can understand my disdain for the Canucks. In Chicago their was much rejoicing amongst Hawks fans when the Nucks choked game 7 in their own building. I loathe this incarnation of the Canucks from the GM down to many on the roster. My point was the Canucks started the BS and the Bruins rose to the challenge and beat the Canucks in the physical side of the series. I agree with your view of the series. I was good viewing wasn't it? If you can arrange payment for these silly posts, I am open to offers.

Date: June 18, 2011 01:20

sweetcharmedlife
The Sicilian
tatters

Well we know they couldn't be Sabres fans. People in Buffalo are so used to losing they just lie there and take it.moody smiley

One thing we do know for sure, the Sabres own the Sharks. Yes both home and away we beat them on a regular basis.

Date: June 18, 2011 04:06

The Sabres fans at the Vancouver riots:

Date: June 18, 2011 05:17

That photo's already achieved iconic status. The guy is actually Australian (who knows, maybe he's a Sabres fan?) and that's his girlfriend who'd been knocked over...or so the story goes. I'm guessing it'll be the cover of Maclean's (Canadian equivalent of Time) next week.

A friend posted on Facebook today: Worse than the riots: the thinkpieces. I kind of agree. Every Vancouver resident is now posting these long-winded, soul-searching blogs, etc. about how it was the bridge and tunnel crowd from Surrey, Maple Ridge et. al. who were the troublemakers and not actual residents of the city. But really, what difference does it make in the end? And the cops are blaming "a small group of criminals and anarchists" for the whole thing. That's strange because most of them seemed to be wearing Canucks jerseys. Young, drunk loogans in Canucks jerseys.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 18, 2011 14:33

filstan
Party on Boston! I wish you good weather for tomorrow's Bruin celebration.

If anyone is interested the "Rolling Rally " can be seen in its entirety @ 11:00 an EST by tuning in to ...........

[boston.cbslocal.com]

Date: June 18, 2011 22:26

andrewm
That photo's already achieved iconic status. The guy is actually Australian (who knows, maybe he's a Sabres fan?) and that's his girlfriend who'd been knocked over...or so the story goes. I'm guessing it'll be the cover of Maclean's (Canadian equivalent of Time) next week.

But really, what difference does it make in the end? And the cops are blaming "a small group of criminals and anarchists" for the whole thing. That's strange because most of them seemed to be wearing Canucks jerseys. Young, drunk loogans in Canucks jerseys.

I couldn't tell what anyone was wearing but I can clearly see the girl on the ground has some nice black panties on. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 19, 2011 17:01

Boston is the envy of the pro sports universe - That is why a lot of people don;t like the Boston teams. 7 titles and at least one for all major sports in the last decade!! Another on is coming in October too!!!!

The Canucks coach is a fool. All he did was whine. great scene in Vancouver after the game. What is wrong with people? Win or lose it is a game! They should lock those people up and make them pay for the damage!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2011 08:25

This is apparently how much it costs to celebrate a win in a millionaire's league like the NHL. Notice the price for one bottle of champagne, $ 100 000, and the tipp to the waitress, almost $ 25 000. The sum adds up to almost $ 157 000! Take a look for yourself: [www.aftonbladet.se]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 22, 2011 16:24

...btw..best ratings for an NHL series since 1973...it really was as exciting as the 70's..hope the NHL gets rid of more ridiculous mid market teams and concentrates the game...more original 6 broadcasts...who wants to watch San Jose play Columbus?

Date: June 22, 2011 20:01

Rip This
...btw..best ratings for an NHL series since 1973...it really was as exciting as the 70's..hope the NHL gets rid of more ridiculous mid market teams and concentrates the game...more original 6 broadcasts...who wants to watch San Jose play Columbus?
Ummm I do. Doesn't matter where the teams are locaeted. Matters who plays on them.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2011 20:42

No reactions to the $ 100 000 champagnebottle? No indignation?

Date: June 22, 2011 21:14

Stoneage
No,but 10 bucks for a kamikazi?eye popping smiley

Date: June 22, 2011 21:25

Stoneage

I'm glad rock stars aren't as profligate in their spending as these damned athletes, hmmm?

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: June 23, 2011 06:09

slew
Boston is the envy of the pro sports universe - That is why a lot of people don;t like the Boston teams. 7 titles and at least one for all major sports in the last decade!! Another on is coming in October too!!!!

Boston is done with championships for a while. Only 3 out of 4 teams from the Boston area will be playing in October and they will all be in their regular seasons - one requiring wood, one requiring ice and one requiring grass. Not one with a mound of dirt. So no "another one coming in October".

Date: June 23, 2011 19:14

DragonSky
slew

Boston is done with championships for a while. Only 3 out of 4 teams from the Boston area will be playing in October and they will all be in their regular seasons - one requiring wood, one requiring ice and one requiring grass. Not one with a mound of dirt. So no "another one coming in October".
The World Series is in October.eye popping smiley

Date: June 24, 2011 16:40

sweetcharmedlife
DragonSky
slew

And only 3 of 4 teams will be playing in October in Boston - the Patriots, the Bruins and the Celtics.

Date: June 24, 2011 19:35

DragonSky
sweetcharmedlife
DragonSky
slew

And only 3 of 4 teams will be playing in October in Boston - the Patriots, the Bruins and the Celtics.
Well the Bruins will for sure. The Patriots probably if the NFL lockout is settled. The Celtics? NBA lockout looks like it will be even uglier than the NFL....And I'm still predicting a Giants/Red Sox World Series.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 24, 2011 20:19

I forgot about the possible NBA lockout. Looking more and more like the NFL will have a season. I just don't see the Red Sox making it this year. There's still a good bit of the season to go.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home