Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 16 of 21
Re: OT - NHL Hockey 2011
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: June 8, 2011 18:03

steverogan
Chara is known as a clean player

Obviously you have been looking away every time Chara takes his multitude of cheap shots at whoever during the Finals.

Date: June 8, 2011 18:09

This his is not much different than what that flying goon Torres does on a nightly basis - and they both leave their feet constantly when making hits like this:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-08 18:10 by DragonSky.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 8, 2011 20:27

More Hot Rocks
For all people cheering for a Canadian team to win. There are more Americans playing for Vancouver than any other team in the NHL.

No, there aren't, not even close. Are you just winging that, or did you bother to check if it was correct? Carolina, New Jersey (Lamorello's famous for focusing on Americans), New York, Pittsburgh, Colorado and I think Toronto all have more U.S. players and that's just off the top of my head. The only American I can think of on the Canucks is Kesler. I think of them as being a very Euro-centric team what with the Sedins, Erhoff, Salo, Samuelsson, etc.

Edit:yeah, just checked that: there are five Americans in the Vancouver line-up, two of whom are in the press box and one of whom is the back-up goalie. That leaves Kesler and Chris Higgins (oops, Alberts is now dressing, make that three in the starting line-up). There's something like 13 on the Hurricanes, 8 or 9 apiece on the Devils, Rangers, Avalanche, Penguins. In fact, I'd venture to say the Canucks actually have less Americans than most teams in the league so you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-08 20:33 by andrewm.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 9, 2011 03:57

Sorry Andrewm you're right. I was just going by what some one told me. I wasn't making things up like Mathijs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-09 14:50 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 9, 2011 05:33

Boston thumping Vancouver again tonight

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 9, 2011 05:43

Yes friends we have a series. Boston is up 4 - 0 late in the third period. It almost looks like the Canucks have quit and lost their passion. At least in Boston.

Then again all they need to do is win at home.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: June 9, 2011 06:45

DragonSky
steverogan
Chara is known as a clean player

Obviously you have been looking away every time Chara takes his multitude of cheap shots at whoever during the Finals.

I look at his whole career. VC began all the nonsense in Vancouver....now. the B's are playing their style of game..we have a series.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 9, 2011 06:59

The Nucks appear to have lost their mojo in Boston. Can they get it back? While this Hawks fan would celebrate a Boston Cup winner in a big way, I wonder where the Vancover energy and swagger went? This team looks tired, hurt, and a little bit bewildered after being blitzed the past 2 games. We'll see what they have left in the tank. The B's are feeling it right now. Big mo in their direction. Gonna be some good games this weekend.
Lets Go Bruins!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 9, 2011 07:06

The Canucks don't bite. They just lightly nibble, but seem to get caught up in the moment and have trouble honoring the safe word.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 9, 2011 07:39

andrewm
That sounds about right.They're already planning the parade,that's for sure. I'm surprised Vigneault left Luongo in for all 8(8!) goals the other night. And I think it was telling that all my 'Nucks-loving friends were scrambling to defend that Rome hit and arguing that the only reason he was suspended was because Horton went down so hard. Dudes, try and step back and be objective: the hit was way late, it doesn't matter that "Stevens used to do that all the time". There are rules dealing with late head shots now, okay?

Oh, and I'm super-tired of the Green Men-that sh#t is played out.

OK, we seem to be of one mind when it comes to the hockey, I agree with everything you've said.

So...how do you feel about the stones?

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 9, 2011 12:04

Rather fond of 'em, treacle. Rather fond.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 9, 2011 14:14

Canucks to have 2 games at home now?

2 1 2 0

Date: June 9, 2011 14:51

Canucks are done. Too soft.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 9, 2011 14:57

...at least the sticks as you can see....grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 9, 2011 15:34

filstan
The Nucks appear to have lost their mojo in Boston. Can they get it back? While this Hawks fan would celebrate a Boston Cup winner in a big way, I wonder where the Vancover energy and swagger went? This team looks tired, hurt, and a little bit bewildered after being blitzed the past 2 games. We'll see what they have left in the tank. The B's are feeling it right now. Big mo in their direction. Gonna be some good games this weekend.
Lets Go Bruins!

Bewildered is the perfect word. They looked stunned like they woke up a monster. Which they kind of did.

Now they have 10,000 fans at home cheering the pulling of their starting goalie 3,000 miles away.

Not a good time for a goalie controversy.

They look cooked. Home ice may be their last hope.

Go Bs!

J

Date: June 9, 2011 16:49

The Sedin sisters are just to soft. Haven't seen them push back once. I've never seen them stand up for themselves yet.

Date: June 9, 2011 16:50

Come On

Not if Boston takes the next two.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 9, 2011 17:18

More Hot Rocks
Come On

Not if Boston takes the next two.
The format actually goes 1-1-1. Next game in Vancouver.Then they go back to Boston and if neccessary game 7 in Vancouver.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 9, 2011 18:38

The canucks look tired. Their getting outhit all the time. The twins haven't done nothing. They look like playoff pussy's

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 9, 2011 19:26

Blackhawks are still Stanley Cup Champs!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 9, 2011 20:08

So, judging by the trashtalk here: A girl won the overall points league this regular season, and another girl won the same league last season. What does that tell you about the NHL?

Date: June 9, 2011 22:02

Stoneage
So, judging by the trashtalk here: A girl won the overall points league this regular season, and another girl won the same league last season. What does that tell you about the NHL?
They have some really good girls playing in the league?cool smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 9, 2011 22:59

...I think people forget these are 2 good teams and that they are tied at 2. Now it's a best of 3...even more intense...this is why they play the games. This is the best series the NHL has had in decades....you have to go back to the 70's and early 80's to compare the excitement and passion in this series so far.

Date: June 9, 2011 23:48

Rip This
...I think people forget these are 2 good teams and that they are tied at 2. Now it's a best of 3...even more intense...this is why they play the games. This is the best series the NHL has had in decades....you have to go back to the 70's and early 80's to compare the excitement and passion in this series so far.
I'll agree with that. I'm rooting for Boston,just because I've always liked the Bruins. The Canucks are a rival of the Sharks.I do want to see a good series and I'd rather see these guys skate instead trying to beat the crap out of each other.

Date: June 10, 2011 00:01

It's amazing how the violence escalates and is allowed in the SC Finals isn't it?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 10, 2011 01:28

This series has everything! Two teams that really don't like each other. Can the Canucks suck it up back at home? Theu looked shell shocked last night. If they don't want to mix it up and hit they are done.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 10, 2011 01:48

I predict this: A girl (or maybe some girls) will win the total points league in the playoffs. As in the regular season. Do they still play "Start Me Up" at the match arenas?

Date: June 10, 2011 01:48

doubledoor
Blackhawks are still Stanley Cup Champs!

Yea, it still sounds good doesn't it? What a ride. Amazing high we were on last year at this time.

Date: June 10, 2011 01:59

sweetcharmedlife
Rip This
I'll agree with that. I'm rooting for Boston,just because I've always liked the Bruins. The Canucks are a rival of the Sharks.I do want to see a good series and I'd rather see these guys skate instead trying to beat the crap out of each other.

The physical play escalated due to Vancouver "Canucklehead" tactics. These guys can't control themselves. Burrows bite, Lapierre taunting Bergeron the following game. Just stupid.Why wake em up? The Bruins can/will bring the physical game. Vancouver can give it, but they can't take it without losing control. Rome takes out Horton with late hit head shot. Bruins said ok, if this is what you want we got some for ya. They have been bringing it hard since the Lapierre finger taunt.

Some good games coming up this weekend guys.Should be fun viewing. Wish it was tonight...

Go B's!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 10, 2011 03:44

...the NHL could not have asked for a better series. The ratings are really up so it's a sort of re birth for the sport. It is a more violent sport but then so id football. The players all look like they are 6'8

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 16 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home