Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21
Re: OT - NHL Hockey 2011
Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 14, 2011 04:22

Two different teams in each others building. F-ing crazy

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 14, 2011 06:20

..very....I give the Bruins a slight advantage even though the Bruins played a chippy game tonight and may have pissed the Canucks off..especially that Marchand kid...dumb baiting at the end of the game....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 14, 2011 07:33

Gotta love the Bruins for game 7smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 14, 2011 09:16

We'd better ask Cam Neely for game 7 winners here...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 15, 2011 01:18

The Bruins have momentum in their favor but the Canucks are explosive. Of course being a Massachusetts girl, I'm for the Bruins but it's dead even now, anyone's championship. I think that the Canucks are a much DIRTIER team with the biting and low blows and sticks to the face...very nasty but Boston is tough and they keep on delivering the goods...er, the goals! GO BRUINS! BRING IT BACK TO BOSTON!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 15, 2011 01:26

Let's get ir done!! Canucks were lucky the last time they won at home. Not this time!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 15, 2011 02:56

And here is the guy who's gonna make it for the Canucks. And he is from Sweden. Look at this goal: And he scores!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 15, 2011 04:12

Henrik's goal in last night's game was his first point in six games and first in the final. The press are calling tomorrow night's game a career-defining game for both the Sedins, the question being: can they shake the criticism that they wilt under pressure in the big games and particularly in the final when everything is ramped up to an intense degree. We'll see: scoring the most points in the playoffs means nothing without the Cup, especially if hardly any of those points were scored in the final round. It also means a whole lot less than winning the Conn Smythe trophy (MVP in the playoffs) which , failing a total collapse, Tim Thomas will win tomorrow night whether the Bruins win or not. He's been outstanding.

I'm not trying to be overly critical of the twins, Stoneage, merely repeating what they themselves have acknowledged: the Bruins shutdown defence pair of Chara and Seidenberg has done a great job of neutralizing them, it's as much a testament to their play as anything else. The twins seem distracted, nonplussed, constantly looking for penalty calls, and those beautiful no-look passes that are their stock in trade are few and far between right now. But tomorrow could be another story:they will have last change, being at home, so Vigneault will be able to get them away from Chara and Seidenberg some of the time so that works to their advantage. It's gonna be an exciting game regardless.

Date: June 15, 2011 04:35

Sure, I know Andrew. They have been criticized, maybe rightly so. To be true I don't follow NHL as closely as my own league (Elitserien, Sweden). Basically I root for the Sedins because they are Swedes. I hope they will show what they are made of tomorrow though. Maybe score a goal or two. We will see!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 15, 2011 06:15

Either way, its been a great season and fantastic playoffs. Now the entire season and careers of some, come down to one game tomorrow night.

Not that I'm a Bruins fan as we are in the same division since our inception and we (Sabres) are rivals, I can stomach them winning for the Americans. Vancouver came into the league as an expansion team with the Buffalo Sabres in 1970. I'd hate to see them win the cup before us. However the Boston Bruins are owned by Jeremy Jacobs who is a Buffalo resident. I do have respect for the Bruins as an original six team.

Vancouver on the other hand has some nice uniforms and good fans. Plus they keep the Sharks on the outside. Also Roberto Luongo has an Italian father that immigrated from Santa Paolina, Avellino in Italy and that appeals to me. If the Canucks win SCL will get to see the Stanley Cup Champions many times. I hope its a good game.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 15, 2011 15:51

....looking forward to tonights game.....unfortunately buried in all the hoopla that comes with a game 7 is the injury to Canucks forward Mason Raymond with a fractured vertebrae....Boychuck of the Bruins checked Raymond in the corner of the rink while Raymond was bending over because of the way Boychuck was holding on to his stick....the entire play is borderline....unfortunate to say the least.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 15, 2011 16:02

Go Bruins! I grew up outside of Boston & the only NHL game I've seen in person was the Bruins in the Garden (sadly not the original). Hoping for either a Boston blow-out (like game 3 or even game 6) or a 0-0 tie into the second overtime, though I'm not sure that my nerves could handle that.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but is there anything better in sports than sudden death overtime in a series deciding game?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: June 15, 2011 17:05

Vanwhouver?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 15, 2011 23:17

I would bet that most of the hockey fans in the Chicago will root heavily for the Bruins as the Canucks have been despised here by Hawks fans for the past 3 years. Oh for a Boston win tonight......

Shoiuld Vancouver lose the Canuckleheads and their fans will never recover and the conspiracy theorists will come forth suggesting the NHL wants a US team to win and not from Canada. It has been a great quest for the Cup this year. Many fantastic games. Hope it's a good one tonight with the Bruins hoisting the Cup!

Pity about Raymond. He is one of the few guys on Vancouver you can't dislike. That injury looked nasty immediately because of the angle he was backed into the boards. I don't think Boychuck had any ill intent on the play. Just some bad luck. I hope Raymond is back strong next year. That's the last nice thing you will hear me say about the Nucks. LETS GO BRUINS!!!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 15, 2011 23:40

For the last time, Blackhawks are still Stanley Cup Champs!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 15, 2011 23:47

I will savor this a few more hours my friend. Can't wait for next year!

Date: June 16, 2011 03:03

15 minutes to matchstart. Approx 10 000 Swedes were asked which team they favoured in the upcoming match. here is the result: [aftonbladet.dallas-are.se]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2011 03:09

OK, my prediction, the canucks over the bruins, 2-1, overtime.

Any other takers?

Date: June 16, 2011 03:15

This is gonna be a tough one to call. I'll root for the Canucks because of my fellow countrymen the Sedin's. Why not 4-2 to the Canucks. Both Sedin's scores!

Date: June 16, 2011 03:44

1-0 Boston

Date: June 16, 2011 03:47

uh-oh...boston draws first blood

Date: June 16, 2011 03:59

Stoneage
This is gonna be a tough one to call. I'll root for the Canucks because of my fellow countrymen the Sedin's. Why not 4-2 to the Canucks. Both Sedin's scores!

Well it would be quite a game if the Sedin's actually 'showed up' to play tonight!

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: June 16, 2011 04:40

Vanwhouver?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 16, 2011 04:48

It's over Canuck Fans!

Date: June 16, 2011 04:49

Ok, revision to my earlier prediction...vancouver 4, boston 3

Vancouver only needs 4 quick goals, and this WILL happen!

Date: June 16, 2011 04:49

3-0 Boston

Date: June 16, 2011 04:53

doubledoor
3-0 Boston

If they don't pull Luongo, you're being generous...lets go for 6 or 7-0

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 16, 2011 05:06

20 minutes left... Go Bruins!

Peace
Mr DJA

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 16, 2011 05:36

Wow the Sedin Bros are supposed to be superstars? Danny Palle is doing a better job for Boston and that's sad.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 16, 2011 05:41

4 - 0 Boston! It's over!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home