Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21
Re: OT - NHL Hockey 2011
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 7, 2011 04:15

I've watched a lot of hockey in my life time but tonights first period the Bruins were just crunched by the Canucks..just hard hard hits....even though its 1-0 Bruins in the second....

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 7, 2011 04:34

(P.S. to SCL: Phthffft!!!!)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:13

SomeTorontoGirl

(P.S. to SCL: Phthffft!!!!)
Pretty funny STG. Pretty funny indeed. But nowhere near as hilarious as the Beantown Beatdown the Canucks took tonight.

Bruins 8

Canucks 1

smoking smileysmiling smileygrinning smileytongue sticking out smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:26

Canucks are dirty as they come. After Horton hit last night I would have been awfully quiet if I was one of the Canuck fans in the building. Bruins showed class in not crippling one of the Canucks late in the game but B's still need to send a message to one of those bastards. Rome BETTER hope he get suspended for the series or else he may be suspended by the B's in a more physical way.Lapierre, Burrows or maybe a Sedin should pay. CLaude Julien has to let the dogs out and keep the pressure and hard physical play go on. But, in some ways the NHL is at fault- should have nipped in the bud after Bergeron's finger was bitten and Sharks taunted B's in game two- ( including their introduction as Burrows as "the vegetarian"). Word to the Canuck fans for future games in Boston- lay low or someone or a group of fans ( and I by no means condone this) will send you back to Canada black and blue. Series unfortunately to get very ugly.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:29

Boston Ruins had one lucky moment in this final....

2 1 2 0

Date: June 7, 2011 15:37

@ come on-Lot of hockey to play- 8 goals are a little more than luck- they came back down 0-2 ,after losing home ice to Montreal- btw - the WORST, most DISGUSTING fans in sport- any city that boos another country's anthem say all you need to know). We'll see. Be careful now...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 7, 2011 16:30

steverogan
@ come on-Lot of hockey to play- 8 goals are a little more than luck- they came back down 0-2 ,after losing home ice to Montreal- btw - the WORST, most DISGUSTING fans in sport- any city that boos another country's anthem say all you need to know). We'll see. Be careful now...

Come On has no clue. He just post just for the sake of posting. I think he's bed ridden.

Date: June 7, 2011 16:37

yeah i thought so- wtf is that "Boston Gurka" and what does it have to do with the NHL or hockey? Maybe he should be brought to Mass General ( where Horton was taken)

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 7, 2011 16:39

the Bruins scored 8 but the Canucks just crushed the Bruins physically. The hits were massive and crunching.... the Bruins spent a lot of emotion last night...I'll be interested to see if they can keep that intensity for game 4....I'll be surprised if they can. The Canucks are so relaxed, so cocky and a better team...the dark horse here is the Boston goal tender Thomas who pretty much stood on his head and rotated last night... he was in the zone. I find it very ironic that the Bruins are crying about the hits when they ended the career of a Montreal Canadien this year with a questionable hit....a series of questionable hits...

Date: June 7, 2011 17:09

Rip This
the Bruins scored 8 but the Canucks just crushed the Bruins physically. The hits were massive and crunching.... the Bruins spent a lot of emotion last night...I'll be interested to see if they can keep that intensity for game 4....I'll be surprised if they can. The Canucks are so relaxed, so cocky and a better team...the dark horse here is the Boston goal tender Thomas who pretty much stood on his head and rotated last night... he was in the zone. I find it very ironic that the Bruins are crying about the hits when they ended the career of a Montreal Canadien this year with a questionable hit....a series of questionable hits...

The Canucks crushed the B's with hits? I saw Canucks "hearing footsteps" in the third period -- afraid to complete plays, missing passes, misfiring... The hit by Chara on the Canadien in question was more a function of the stanchion that should not even be where it is-- i've seen the replay 100 times WTF is that thing even DOING there? Chara is known as a clean player and not suspended. If I am VC I am worried about waking up a sleeping giant- also would be concerned about Luongo. I think the B's come out again with more of the same tomorrow. They still need to take out a star player for the series- maybe one of the Sedin sisters? A 5th defenseman is not a fair exchange for one of the B's best goal scorers ( 2 OT goals) We're heading back to V 2-2.
We'll see-- btw you mention Thomas- did you see him flatten one of the Sedins? The B's kicked the C's a$$. Face it.. It is only one game but the momentum and karma are with Boston

Date: June 7, 2011 19:03

Rip This
Not only did Thomas stand on his head. he knocked Henrik Sedin on his ass. Whatever it takes. Far toom any dirty hits in the NHL. They're way too soft on punishment. The fact that they didn't do anything about the biting in game 1 has turned this series very dirty. Bruins win game 2. Book it.

Date: June 7, 2011 19:50

NHL suspends Rome for next 4 games- wonder if one of the Sedin sisters committed the hit if NHL would have done the same- too little- should be suspended for 30 games next year as well.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2011 20:06

Bostongurka,as Come On posted is minced (is that the right word?) cucumber mixed with onions and paprika. It's is very common in Sweden and used for example on hot dogs. I'm sure Come On didn't mean anything with it more than posting the picture. Most Swedes root for Canucks though, since they have the Sedin twins on their team. Simple as that. By the way Gurka means cucumber in Swedish.

Date: June 7, 2011 20:11

Stoneage
Bostongurka,as Come On posted is minced (is that the right word?) cucumber mixed with onions and paprika. It's is very common in Sweden and used for example on hot dogs. I'm sure Come On didn't mean anything with it more than posting the picture. Most Swedes root for Canucks though, since they have the Sedin twins on their team. Simple as that. By the way Gurka means cucumber in Swedish.

sounds like relish...

Date: June 7, 2011 20:21

Well I copied Wikipedia for a better explanation: "Bostongurka (Swedish meaning "Boston cucumber" or "Boston pickle" is a type of pickled cucumber relish with spices such as paprika and mustard seeds. It is so popular in Sweden that it is considered by some to be a generic term.[1]

Despite its name, Bostongurka has nothing to do with the city of Boston. Bostongurka was invented by the Swedish company Felix based on a recipe from Hungary. It was originally invented as a way to use the leftover end pieces that are left when making pickled cucumber slices."

Date: June 7, 2011 20:31

By the way, when the Canucks are finished with Boston Bruins maybe they will look as "Bostongurka"? (see Come On's picture above). winking smiley

Date: June 7, 2011 21:21

steverogan
Stoneage

sounds like relish...
I relish the thought of the Bruins beating the Canucks.hot smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 7, 2011 22:52

I so much enjoyed watching the Bruins beat down the Nucks last night. Great game as I just can't in any way stomach this Vancouver team. Yes, they are very good, but ridiculously cocky for a team that hasn't won anything yet. So far in the playoffs Vancouver has been getting the bounces their way. They were one goal in OT from losing to the Hawks after blowing a 3 game lead in the series. The Nucks can be beat, and Boston fans have now discovered what Chicago fans have known about the Canuckleheads for long time. More bark than bite. Cheapshots whenever possible. Bieksa, one of the great pretenders who always hides behind a lineman or ref when push comes to shove. Burroughs dirty play has been there for years. Torres always looking for head shots. Luongo, you just have to root for this guy to lose along with the Sedins. This Vancouver squad is a team you just have to love to hate, although even I must admit I would love Kesler in Blackhawks sweater right now.

Let's Go Bruins!

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 8, 2011 00:59

Would love to see Boston take it, but at this point I'd say the Canucks are still the favorite.

Date: June 8, 2011 01:06

Looks like Canadians are a minority on this forum. Very few seems to cheer for the Canucks. I always thought the Rolling Stones were big in Canada... .

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 8, 2011 02:07

Well, as I've already explained, this Canadian is NOT cheering for the Canucks, despite living in the middle of the Canuck fanbase. I'm a Leafs fan and I don't buy the "you should cheer for any Canadian team in the hope they'll bring the Cup back to Canada" mantra. Lots of fine Canadian players on the Bruins anyway-Horton(be well), Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Recchi, Seguin, Ferrence-probably more than on the Canucks. Plus Tim Thomas may be American but I think the guy is awesome, esp. after he laid out one of the sisters (can't remember which) last night. Go Bruins!

Date: June 8, 2011 02:10

Why do you refer to the Sedin brothers as sisters? Is that good manners?

Date: June 8, 2011 02:28

Sorry, that's what the local media referred to them as(if you look on this thread you'll see I'm not the first person to use that term) for years until they...reached their potential. I think one particular sports writer, Neil Macrae, came up with it. The inference of course was that they're a little soft and tend to disappear at times in the big games. I'm sure Macrae loves the Sedins now. As for me, I have tremendous respect for them. 'Twas just a little trash talk, no offence intended.

Date: June 8, 2011 02:59

No offence taken, andrewm. It's not the height of sports-journalism though to regress to such a low point.

Date: June 8, 2011 03:24

That is true. Macrae is a jerk, that's his whole schtick, but I'm guilty of buying in, I guess, if I repeat it. I gotta say, too, that the Sedins seem like really solid dudes. Not their fault that they're quiet and let their skills do the talking. Regardless, Go Bruins!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 8, 2011 03:49

The Canucks seem very arrogant for a team that has not won anything yet. Let's see how they bounce back. The Rome hit was pretty bad however not as bad as BITING someone. Burrows should have been tossed after that but the NHL pussyfooted around with there is no place in sport for that. The Bruins must win game four to have a real shot at the cup. I would like to see Charra get mad then the Canucks would be in trouble!!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 8, 2011 06:14

We need Chara keep up the quality stick work on the Nucks. Kesler is definitely feeling it after 3 games. The guy appears to be playing hurt. Not skating strong as he did earlier in the playoffs. Groin pull maybe? Goals need to come from the Boston defense, special teams need to keep winning, and keep pounding the Nuck D men. Those guys are looking a bit gassed as well. The key to beating fast and talented teams like Vancouver is to slow them down into the neutral zone and fill up the passing lanes. Stay out of the box. Bruins need to inject some fresh legs to get this job done. B's can do it, but tomorrow is a must win as they would carry huge momentum back to BC.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 8, 2011 07:36

well, i'm from Vancouver, and even I have a problem with the attitude of the team. They act as though they deserve it because they've had to wait over 40 years.

I agree, they haven't even done anything yet, and even in this series, overall I don't think they've outplayed Boston. The first game Boston was better, so Vancouver was lucky to have won that.

The second game Vancouver was better, but it was still only a 1 goal game 10 sec. into overtime. Game 3 was a complete evisceration of the Canucks...totally humiliating. The cheap late shot by Rome that caused the severe concussion was inexcusable and I agree with a 30 game suspension, all salary foregone to be donated to the local hospital.

I think Vancouver will win ultimately, but it will go to 7, now that Boston has it's confidence and Vancouver's was shattered.

Date: June 8, 2011 12:09

That sounds about right.They're already planning the parade,that's for sure. I'm surprised Vigneault left Luongo in for all 8(8!) goals the other night. And I think it was telling that all my 'Nucks-loving friends were scrambling to defend that Rome hit and arguing that the only reason he was suspended was because Horton went down so hard. Dudes, try and step back and be objective: the hit was way late, it doesn't matter that "Stevens used to do that all the time". There are rules dealing with late head shots now, okay?

Oh, and I'm super-tired of the Green Men-that sh#t is played out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-08 12:24 by andrewm.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 8, 2011 16:32

For all people cheering for a Canadian team to win. There are more Americans playing for Vancouver than any other team in the NHL.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home