Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Paul McCartney to play 100 club
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 17, 2010 22:23

I went on the fans forum and it was so good to see that real Macca fans managed to get tickets but there were a lot on that site that didn't.Let's face it....................300 or so tickets and even fans from Japan gonna go and rebook their flights if they could get 100 Club.Already coming over for Hammersmith and Liverpool.That is dedication to Macca and his music.We are all Stones fans on this site,and I know we have the same dedication for our boys on tour.It is just being patient and waiting for the announcement of the 2011 tour. thumbs up

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: December 17, 2010 22:25

andy js
crawdaddy
Why do prats like andy js bother to post when they are so rude about it.confused smiley I have read that people are so rude on the internet on sites like this and luckily I don't see it very often on here,but on other sites it is all over the place.Why do people who visit a fans site be so disrespectful about anything and everything.It realy beats me.There has got to be something wrong inside their head.Anyway............up yours andy js angry smiley and Good on Yer Macca for supporting The 100 Club >grinning smiley<

Because I @#$%& hate the c**t. Simple as that

Macca supposedly makes 50k a minute, so by reckogning he could just write them a cheque for 150k and miss it like he misses one leg

But no, the media coverage he'll get for doing his cabaret set will be worth a zillion times more to him

He doesnt give two @#$%& about the 100 Club and you know it. Its just a lame PR exercise

Chimp faced twat.

I don't think he needed the publicity at all, he can sell out anywhere he wants But to play this venue and get it on the telly as he has will make a lot of people be aware of the situation and hopefuly save the venue. He has done just what was needed , lots of publicity and getting the media to talk about it. Great Job Macca!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 17, 2010 22:39

And Andy Js, who's to say McCartney DIDN"T donate some of his own money towards saving the 100 Club? He might have chosen to make a private contribution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-17 23:01 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 18, 2010 01:38

mickscarey
andy js
crawdaddy
Why do prats like andy js bother to post when they are so rude about it.confused smiley I have read that people are so rude on the internet on sites like this and luckily I don't see it very often on here,but on other sites it is all over the place.Why do people who visit a fans site be so disrespectful about anything and everything.It realy beats me.There has got to be something wrong inside their head.Anyway............up yours andy js angry smiley and Good on Yer Macca for supporting The 100 Club >grinning smiley<

Macca supposedly makes 50k a minute, so by reckogning he could just write them a cheque for 150k and miss it like he misses one leg

But no, the media coverage he'll get for doing his cabaret set will be worth a zillion times more to him

He doesnt give two @#$%& about the 100 Club and you know it. Its just a lame PR exercise

Chimp faced twat.

I never "got" his music. find it bland and boring..

Looks like mickscarey has found his Rubber Soulmate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-18 23:38 by tatters.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: December 18, 2010 01:54

Yeah, Andy & Mickscarey Wants To Hold Your Hands drinking smiley

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 18, 2010 02:54

andy js
crawdaddy

Chimp faced twat.

How incredibly short sighted Andy Js. Sir Paul certainly does not need the publicity but the 100 Club sure does. Paul McCartney's name recognition is second to none (other than Mick Jagger). Even if McCartney did not donate one schilling the amount of interest and subsequent donations will be substantial.

Just having Sir Paul in the area will fill not only the 100 Club it will generate revenue for other businesses. The Sanderson hotel, Stef's Italian restaurant and the other businesses I'm sure were packed because of him. Take a step back and understand the impact of someone that being in the Club.

The Eighteen thousand pounds the club made today will be dwarfed by the money donated due to this event.

Date: December 18, 2010 12:58

For any of us who are interested(look away now if your not)I was gonna write about some things the Macca fans had said about the gig.This link says it all and some nice pics.Have a great time all you lucky guys and gals at the HMV Apollo tonight..................................100 Club comments. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 18, 2010 13:06

crawdaddy
I went on the fans forum and it was so good to see that real Macca fans managed to get tickets but there were a lot on that site that didn't.Let's face it....................300 or so tickets and even fans from Japan gonna go and rebook their flights if they could get 100 Club.Already coming over for Hammersmith and Liverpool.That is dedication to Macca and his music.We are all Stones fans on this site,and I know we have the same dedication for our boys on tour.It is just being patient and waiting for the announcement of the 2011 tour. thumbs up

Well put

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 18, 2010 14:42

crawdaddy

It is just being patient and waiting for the announcement of the 2011 tour.

I ain't holdin' my breath. I just have this nagging suspicion that this band of ours will not play live again. I don't know WHY, and I hope I'm WRONG, but I just DO have this nagging suspicion. Time will tell.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 18, 2010 20:48

I have the same feeling paulywaul...and it is a feeling of mixed emotions.
On one hand, yes I would love to see the Stones again live, especially if it
was in a small venue ala the theaters/clubs of the Licks tour. On the other hand,
maybe I don't want to see them again. I don't think they could live up to the
high standards they have set in the past ...unless it was in a small intimate venue.
The thought of seeing them in a giant stadium is almost laughable at this point.

Perhaps they'll go out gracefully by playing a small series of shows in small venues
to commemorate their 50th anniversary. Even if I couldn't get a ticket to any of the
exclusive shows, I'd admire the gesture and their effort, and happily watch them
fade into the sunset as the Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band with their integrity intact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-18 20:49 by Hairball.

Date: December 19, 2010 00:13

In my mind Paul McCartney may be doing his swansong............but then again he may have the Christmas spirit and just wanting to do a couple of Christmas gigs.Then he thinks........lets have a warm up the day before and do The 100 Club.They need the support,and I've never played there.Lets face it ,if a venue has got a spare date they aint gonna say to Macca ,sorry can't fit you in. 100% to the guy for doing his stuff for the fans and The 100 Club.In my mind his gigs are just getting better and I realy hope he doesn't call it a day after these shows.I'm realy optimistic about The Stones touring in 2011,but wouldn't it be great if they had the spontaneous nature of Sir Paul McCartney.In my mind he is a true pro. who can put on a show at a minutes notice.Anyway ,roll on the tour for The Stones in 2011 which I feel is gonna happen ,but we just gotta wait for the announcement when Mick is in the right mood and ready for it. smoking smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 19, 2010 00:54

I was at McCartney's show at the Apollo Theater in NYC a few days ago and it sure didn't feel like it was his "swansong."He was in a great mood and full of energy, and seemed to really enjoy doing a show in a smaller place he had never played before. Which in this case (like at the 100 Club) happened to be in a historic theater in front of an intimate audience of fans, friends, and VIP's. Both Keith and Ronnie were at the Apollo show so hopefully, it will give them the idea to do some theater shows again on the next tour. But as always, it will ultimately be up to what Mick wants.

Date: December 19, 2010 02:10

Hairball
I have the same feeling paulywaul...and it is a feeling of mixed emotions.
On one hand, yes I would love to see the Stones again live, especially if it
was in a small venue ala the theaters/clubs of the Licks tour. On the other hand,
maybe I don't want to see them again. I don't think they could live up to the
high standards they have set in the past ...unless it was in a small intimate venue.
The thought of seeing them in a giant stadium is almost laughable at this point.

Perhaps they'll go out gracefully by playing a small series of shows in small venues
to commemorate their 50th anniversary. Even if I couldn't get a ticket to any of the
exclusive shows, I'd admire the gesture and their effort, and happily watch them
fade into the sunset as the Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band with their integrity intact.

Yep, fully agree. Very eloquently put.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 02:12

I just came back from Macca's show at the Hammersmith Apollo.

I never really considered myself a fan before but it was almost faultless.

Absolutely superb!

Date: December 19, 2010 12:46

tomcat2006
I just came back from Macca's show at the Hammersmith Apollo.

I never really considered myself a fan before but it was almost faultless.

Absolutely superb!

That was my third show, saw him the O2 arena virtually a year ago to the day, in the Cardiff stadium during the summer, and now this. It was faultless, I mean what can you say ? Kudos to the man, he's just great. It was being filmed btw, so stay tuned for the "Live at the Apollo" DVD in due course.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home