Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Spector annoyed with Keith.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 17, 2010 20:22

Hope I'm not repeating a known story here.Spotted it on Yahoo News.............................Spector's rage over Richards book
Sixties singer Ronnie Spector was furious when she read Keith Richards' tell-all book - because she mistakenly thought his tales of druggy excesses with Ronnie Wood referred to her.
The Ronettes star was close friends with the Rolling Stones wildman in the band's heyday, but is adamant she "never, ever" took narcotics when partying with him.

And she was "angry" when she leafed through his recent memoirs Life and saw his anecdotes about drug-taking with "Ronnie" - until she realised he was referring to his bandmate Wood.

Spector tells Vanity Fair, "It was never like that with Keith and me. It was always very innocent. It wasn't all about 'let's get in the bed' with him. I never had sex with him or anything like that... We may have kissed, I don't remember. It was 40 years ago.

"I was skimming through it the other day, and he's talking about Ronnie, and I think, 'Oh, he must mean me. I'll read this.' And then he writes, 'We went in the bathroom and did drugs.' I was like, 'Keith! I never did drugs! What are you saying?'

"I was so angry with him. I never, ever did drugs with him. In fact, I used to yell at Keith. I'd say, 'You can do a little marijuana but don't go any further than that.' So I'm reading this and I'm just fuming. I'm ready to call him and really cuss him out, but then I read a little more and it turns out he was actually talking about Ronnie Wood."

Re: Ronnie Spector annoyed with Keith.
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 17, 2010 20:36

crawdaddy
"I was skimming through it the other day, and he's talking about Ronnie, and I think, 'Oh, he must mean me.

she can't be serious..i hope. i wonder if she even knew Ronnie Wood was a Rolling Stone before this book. winking smiley

I know they (Keith & R Spector) have a bit of history...but come on...Even Mick Taylor knew that
most of the "Mick" references in the book were about Jagger. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 18, 2010 12:15

crawdaddy
Spector tells Vanity Fair, "It was never like that with Keith and me. It was always very innocent. It wasn't all about 'let's get in the bed' with him. I never had sex with him or anything like that... We may have kissed, I don't remember. It was 40 years ago.

Well, Keith remembers quite differently those scenes...winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 18, 2010 16:31

It's a funny story anyway

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 18, 2010 19:44

Ronnie Spec should learn to read a book the "normal" way, from beginning to end. Looking through a book to see what has been said about "me" isn't reading it and when you get caught bitching about something that isn't there, you look to me like a narcissist fool.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 18, 2010 19:52

hard to believe she didnt know he was talking about woody, a bit self centered are we?

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: December 18, 2010 19:55

Yeah, as 'rollmops' said. And then she had this urgent need to mention her moronic mistake to a journalist. Pretty funny, right?

"... and the award for the most pathetic attention seeking moment of the year goes to..."

Date: December 18, 2010 20:18

I must admit I posted it because I thought it was a funny story.I still think it's funny ,but it makes her look so attention seeking,self centred and most of all,STUPID. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 18, 2010 21:34

Rolling Hansie
It's a funny story anyway

And I still haven't changed my mind

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 18, 2010 23:39

Hope she doesn't read Nancy Reagans autobiography.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:46

Doxa
crawdaddy

Well, Keith remembers quite differently those scenes...winking smiley

- Doxa

Now, that's what makes me doubt this entire story. If she did skim the book looking for references for herself (and --let's be honest-- who wouldn't do that? BUT wouldn't you look in the INDEX, rather then turning every page of the book looking for your name?) she would have seen the references to her and Keith sleeping together at her mother's apartment.

Keith discusses her in some detail, something like [paraphrasing] What's better than waking up in the morning and having a smiling Ronnie Spector in your arms?

How could she have missed that and not be PO'd about that?

I think this story is fishy.

- swiss

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:07

The real question remains: did he bang her or not? Not something you forget...
(just a little joke)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 19, 2010 13:14

Harm
(just a little joke)

Oh, absolutely! We'll never truely know, I guess.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 19, 2010 13:32

well, intelligence is not really the point of Ronnie Spector -
with that voice, that style and those survival skills the lady doesn't even have to make sense :E

>> How could she have missed that [or] not be PO'd about that? <<

... because she doesn't consider sex as reprehensible as drug use, for example
(yes, i see that she says they didn't have sex, but that doesn't mean the idea of it is required to p1ss her off)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-19 14:49 by with sssoul.

Date: December 19, 2010 13:40

Just like the Mars bar story.We will never get to know the truth.Probably the only ones who know are Mick,Keith,Marianne and a couple of coppers at the bust.Mind you,there are plenty of storys in Keiths' book that just a few people would know the real truth.Keith probably doesn't remember a lot of the details. winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2010 13:57

Harm
(just a little joke)

Must have been a bigger bang then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1283
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home