Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Paul McCartney in Nashville (or any other date this tour)
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 29, 2010 04:02

Hey all, just checking in to say I am still buzzing like mad from seeing Macca's first-ever Nashville show this past Monday. Very few pyrotechnics, and even relatively minimal light effects - just great @#$%& music, played by a legend with a top notch band. (Oh and Mickscarey or whoever you are, if you feel the need to post here, @#$%& off as we don't care at all).

The man showed up on time, and over the course of 3 hours played 37 songs. Wow. Perhaps the biggest thrill of all for me was the emphasis on Wings tunes. He opened with a medley of Venus and Mars/Rockshow/Jet that brought me back in time. Mind you, I am only 31, but I still worshiped Wings Over America as a teenager.

Anyway, so was anybody else on the board at the show? Or is anyone else here seeing him or already have this tour?

Here's the setlist for anybody interested:

1. Venus & Mars/Rockshow Play Video
2. Jet Play Video
3. All My Loving Play Video
4. Letting Go Play Video
5. Got To Get You Into My Life Play Video
6. Highway (The Fireman cover) Play Video
7. Let Me Roll It Play Video
8. The Long And Winding Road Play Video
9. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five Play Video
10. Let 'Em In Play Video
11. My Love Play Video
12. I'm Looking Through You Play Video
13. Tequila (The Champs cover) Play Video
14. Two Of Us Play Video
15. Blackbird Play Video
16. Here Today Play Video
17. Dance Tonight Play Video
18. Mrs. Vandebilt Play Video
19. Eleanor Rigby Play Video
20. Ram On Play Video
21. Something Play Video
22. Sing The Changes Play Video
23. Band On The Run Play Video
24. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da Play Video
25. Back in the U.S.S.R. Play Video
26. I've Got A Feeling Play Video
27. Paperback Writer Play Video
28. A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance Play Video
29. Let It Be Play Video
30. Live And Let Die Play Video
31. Hey Jude Play Video
32. Encore:
32. Day Tripper Play Video
33. Lady Madonna Play Video
34. Get Back Play Video
35. Encore 2:
35. Yesterday Play Video
36. Helter Skelter Play Video
37. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) Play Video
38. The End Play Video

Re: OT: Paul McCartney in Nashville (or any other date this tour)
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 29, 2010 06:45

Glad you enjoyed it man. Yeah it's been mentioned a time or two. But never hurts to repeat what a good show this is.Went to see him in Arizona on the first leg and then went again when he played in San Francisco. A simply outstanding show. One that is actually worth the price charged for a change. Nice to see sir paul doing an extensive US tour for the first time in a while. Rumours are that he might come back around in the fall for more shows. But if your a fan and he's coming to your city. Don't miss it. You will not be dissapointed.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 07:15

Yup I ditto every thing sweetcharmedlife has said. I saw him in Salt Lake City and it was sublime. Especially, hearing Letting Go and 1985!!! AMAZING! The man really has rock in his blood, and he is looking younger because of it. He loves to play live, and it shows. And the band is one of the best he has had since 1970.

Date: July 29, 2010 15:25

whitem8
Yup I ditto every thing sweetcharmedlife has said. I saw him in Salt Lake City and it was sublime. Especially, hearing Letting Go and 1985!!! AMAZING! The man really has rock in his blood, and he is looking younger because of it. He loves to play live, and it shows. And the band is one of the best he has had since 1970.

Totally agree with both of you, especially whitemate8's mentioning "Letting Go" and "1985" - those were the highlights for me. THe fact that he really showed more love for the Wings stuff this time out was great.

The tickets are expensive but worth it. And you don't have to worry about whether he's going to have an off night or not (unlike some guitarists in another famous band I won't mention) - it's pretty much a given he will be on his game.

I hope the rumor is true he'll come back in the fall! And sorry again if this show has been discussed already, I am just still buzzing so much from excitement I just posted without really thinking about it.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 15:29

I really want to see this show, as he is the only one left on my list that I haven't seen, but I REFUSE to pay the price that he's asking!!! I was appalled when I saw that price for the tickets!!! If that is a sign of what is to come from our boys in terms of prices for next year, you can guarantee that I won't be going to any shows!!! $300 to sit in the opposite end zone?! Come on now!!

Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:41

Saw in Miami ...a great show. I have to say that although I am not a fan of the hight concert ticket prices...Macca definately delivers the most bang for your buck. Saw Clapton just before that show & although I prefer Eric's music...he mailed it in compared to Paul. Try scalping in the parking lot if you really don't want to pay face value. Here in FL, you can go to most shows and pay far less by scalping.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:55

He played Charlotte NC last night. couldn't afford to go. that band he's got is really good, I'm sure the show was too. long set list, he is working, enjoying his career, not coasting.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: July 29, 2010 18:02

Didn't get to go, but folks I know who did, are also still buzzing about it !

Date: July 29, 2010 19:37

unfortunately, the closest he's coming to me is Phillie, and as it's the week of my anniversary, and the Mrs. is not a fan of his enough to go see him, not sure I'd gain approval to drive down to see a concert without her that week! LOL Why nothing in Boston or NYC??!?! Course then we come back to the asinine ticket prices!!

Date: July 29, 2010 20:17

VoodooLounge13
unfortunately, the closest he's coming to me is Phillie, and as it's the week of my anniversary, and the Mrs. is not a fan of his enough to go see him, not sure I'd gain approval to drive down to see a concert without her that week! LOL Why nothing in Boston or NYC??!?! Course then we come back to the asinine ticket prices!!
He played both Boston and NYC last year. In fact he put out a DVD of the show he did at Citifield. If you want the cheap way out just buy the DVD.winking smiley

Date: July 29, 2010 23:00

Didn't realize he'd played Boston last year. Citifield I knew of. I was hoping for a much broader tour this summer, but apparently that's not to be.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 29, 2010 23:06

His shows are amazing and, as many above state, his band is brilliant. He really loves playing and he gives you what you pay for...a 3 hour set of great songs. The Stones could look and learn.

Date: July 29, 2010 23:53

VoodooLounge13
Didn't realize he'd played Boston last year. Citifield I knew of. I was hoping for a much broader tour this summer, but apparently that's not to be.
He did 2 shows at Fenway last year.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 00:02

McCartney can play three hour shows because he plays with a young, energetic and cracker-jack band. If George and John were still with us a reunited Beatle tour would be the hottest ticket on the planet, but I promise you they wouldn't play 3 hours.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 00:04

I was lucky enough to see him last year . It was an excellent show and as somwone said earlier worth the price of admission. Although I will say I am a littel jealous of the setlist he play for you. While I loved the show I went to it seemed like he played more of my favorites at the show you saw. Either way anyone who gets a chnce to see him you will enjoy the show for sure.

Date: July 30, 2010 03:13

Shawn20
McCartney can play three hour shows because he plays with a young, energetic and cracker-jack band. If George and John were still with us a reunited Beatle tour would be the hottest ticket on the planet, but I promise you they wouldn't play 3 hours.

Well, they're younger than him for sure. But don't let the skinny jeans and dyed hair fool you - those guys are seasoned pros, not kids. I'd bet they're all closer to 50 than 30.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: July 30, 2010 04:54

Saw the Denver gig, same setlist but without Tequila... was an incredible night, and, as previously mentioned, featured plenty of non-Beatle tunes that geniunely went down well. The Fireman tracks in particular were BRILLIANT.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 30, 2010 05:12

do not like that music

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 30, 2010 05:42

theimposter
Shawn20

Well, they're younger than him for sure. But don't let the skinny jeans and dyed hair fool you - those guys are seasoned pros, not kids. I'd bet they're all closer to 50 than 30.

True indeed...Rusty Anderson (guitar) is 51...Brian Ray (guitar) is 55...and Paul "Wix" Wickens (keyboards) is 54. Abe Laboriel Jr. (drums) is the youngster of the group at 39.

Date: July 30, 2010 15:46

Didn't "Wix" play with him in the 90's??

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 15:54

Yup he started playing live with The Flowers in the Dirt tour in '89/90. Massive comeback for Macca playing his largest world tour to that point. Wix has been a steady rolling man beside Macca... Does anyone miss Denny Laine? I surely do...great team with Macca.

Jimmy McColloch was one of my favorite guitarist with Paul. He really brought out the rocker in Macca, and was a gifted young prodigy. Sad he passed. Their last album together was London Town (a funky record), he played on a few songs, then quit and played a bit more and died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-30 15:57 by whitem8.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 16:48

theimposter
Shawn20

I suppose you cannot claim that 50 is young (ouch - I'm 50). I've seen this incarnation of McCartney's band twice - great, great shows.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: July 30, 2010 20:31

Anyone here ever get to see the Beatles [all 4] in concert ?
I've never met anyone who has sad smiley

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 31, 2010 06:45

gmanp
Anyone here ever get to see the Beatles [all 4] in concert ?
I've never met anyone who has sad smiley

Since I was born in '65, I was just a bit too young...however, my older cousin saw them twice (Hollywood Bowl '65 and Dodger Stadium '66), plus the Stones in San Bernardino (Swing Auditorium)...AND Elvis numerous times (she was a HUGE Elvis fan!)

Not a bad résumé, if you ask me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home