Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: OT OT OT: British Airways !!!!
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 31, 2010 18:31

I don't know about BA but one airline I can tell you is the absolute worst is DELTA . The don't give a Sh*t about ANYONE. You can stand in line waiting to check in for over and hour and they could care less. If you dare complain or say something they get even worse. I refuse to fly with them anymore. Hands down the worst ariline flying. So anyone who thinks BA is bad try these idiots. Old hags for flight attendents. Nasty gate agents. They love to ignore people and don't care about your plight. Even there baggage handlers suck. F*** Y** DELTA

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 31, 2010 22:09

Is there another BA strike? Sorry about that. Life is to short to put your worries into the hands of an airliner. Many tours ago I started to fly into shows the day before. After having lost a flight and arrived to the first of the two August 1990 Wembley shows just two - 2 - minutes before show start I said to myself never again. Don't trust any airliner. I have nightmares about coming to late to shows but it have never happened. Even if I have had my times breaking the rules of travel the day before. And I guess good old SAS i.e. Scandinavial Airlines are quite good compared to the larges ones. By the way I stopped using Heathrow as a hub many years ago. Same with CDG Paris. Life is too short. Even at work I always fly in the night before.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 31, 2010 22:24

bv
Is there another BA strike? Sorry about that. Life is to short to put your worries into the hands of an airliner. Many tours ago I started to fly into shows the day before. After having lost a flight and arrived to the first of the two August 1990 Wembley shows just two - 2 - minutes before show start I said to myself never again. Don't trust any airliner. I have nightmares about coming to late to shows but it have never happened. Even if I have had my times breaking the rules of travel the day before. And I guess good old SAS i.e. Scandinavial Airlines are quite good compared to the larges ones. By the way I stopped using Heathrow as a hub many years ago. Same with CDG Paris. Life is too short. Even at work I always fly in the night before.

Bjornulf !!

I actually thought you'd either delete or close this thread. I do apologise for hijacking a Rolling Stones message board in order to satisfy my need for having a periodic rant at British Airways, but really ......... enough is enough. It's no good, they've simply got to go. You Norwegians are clever, can't you just come up with a small to medium sized nuke and get one of your nice friendly RELIABLE SAS or Braathens 737's to drop it on LHR T5 on a low level pass one of these mornings ?

I'd pay you. How much ? NOK 1000, NOK 2000 ........ Ok f**k it, NOK 5000 !! It's a deal !! But just DO it !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 1, 2010 10:03

Now they're taking the p*** .... surely ?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Human rights ? I've f***ing heard it all now. They jest ! What about MY sodding right, to buy a ticket, catch a plane, and by some miracle - actually get to where I'm going ? And ideally - all without getting my ear bashed by a bunch of snot nosed disgruntled miserable unhelpful ground staff & cabin crew.

I advocate GENOCIDE !! Do away wiv 'em all !!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 1, 2010 10:09

paulywaul..Sounds like ya need a good holiday..ya' ought to check out some of these cheap package deals British Airways have got going at the moment..

Date: August 1, 2010 10:31

colonial
paulywaul..Sounds like ya need a good holiday..ya' ought to check out some of these cheap package deals British Airways have got going at the moment..

Nope, don't need a holiday thanks. Just need to read in the press one day that we're all now living in a BA free world and that they've gone far far far away and left us all in peace !! The way they're heading ... maybe I'll get my wish !! Here's hoping !!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 1, 2010 15:36

Well yeah BA is pretty shitty. But man, do US carriers blow!!!!! After traveling for over 17 years using US carriers and comparing them with a few European carriers, several Asian carriers, and many middle eastern carriers. The US carriers are uniformly TERRIBLE! May they be ruined by true competition...and what is with them all saying they always are verging on bankruptcy, yet their CEOs are consistently the top paid execs in the US. What a SCAM!

Date: August 1, 2010 15:44

Haven't taken a flight in the U.S. in a long time now, so can't really comment objectively. But yes I'd agree in principle ... that in general terms the U.S. carriers aren't great at all, that's for sure. I do think that probably some of the middle eastern and far eastern airlines these days are the best of the current crop.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 1, 2010 18:41

Calm down Pauly or you will give yersel a heart attack!

I never used to fly with BA until 5 years ago, as I was never convinced by their standards of service going on experience much further back. Then I flew with them to HK, as they had the best flight deal and was pleasantly surprised how good they were and since them have used them regularly. I did two short-haul flights from London to Barcelona and from Paris to London in July and could not fault them. However, right now if I was booking any flights that were personal in light of the new info, I would not use them for risk of getting stranded.

It is very difficult to establish who the biggest bete noire is between BA and Unite, they seem an equal match.

Other airlines, UAE, Qatar, most USA airlines seem to offer a consistent standard.

Still, if you want to gain a sense of proportion on BA failings realllllll fast, fly Ryanair. ;--P

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: August 1, 2010 20:11

<<< It is very difficult to establish who the biggest bete noire is between BA and Unite, they seem an equal match >>>

For what it's worth, I think it's complete and utter deadlock there ... and unless they recognise it as such and change the players, it'll probably cost the airline ultimately its very existence. If that's the case, so be it. They brought it upon themselves.

As for lil ole me ... I ain't about to have a heart on account of BA thanks v much. Might have one if I read on IORR NEWS that the Stones are confirmed as touring in 2011/2012, now that would be news WORTH having a minor coronary flutter over !!

By the way, ARE they touring in 2011/2012 ? What's happened since this "final tour" story in the Sun of a week or so ago ? I haven't heard much on the subject since, other than this terse rebuttal by the Stones camp and a statement to the effect of "no they're not retiring".

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 13, 2010 00:33

Paulywaul ?

Date: August 19, 2010 22:01

And some of you think I'm ALONE in hating this airline ............ ?

[www.backtalk.com]

Date: August 31, 2010 16:32

I wish I could've said "It's All Over Now" .... but obviously it ain't !!

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Nuke 'em all (as someone's signature on IORR suggests). A very good idea, anyone got one handy (a nuke that is) ? God I HATE these people !

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 31, 2010 17:51

paulywaul..Down here Downunder..we can't speak highly enough about British Airways..ya' never hear a bad word about them in this part of the world..thumbs up

Date: August 31, 2010 18:00

colonial
paulywaul..Down here Downunder..we can't speak highly enough about British Airways..ya' never hear a bad word about them in this part of the world..thumbs up

That's interesting, because up here in the northern hemisphere the public's patience with them in general, and in particular with this ongoing dispute, is really wearing thin. To be honest, just this year alone, they've caused such havoc with people's flights due to this long running row, and also lost SO much money, that it's nothing short of a wonder and a mystery how they're still a going concern at this time.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 31, 2010 18:20

paulywaul
And some of you think I'm ALONE in hating this airline ............ ?

Well,I don't know all the ins and outs of your story but I've never been deceived by British Airways.
But you know,in France,we get strikes every month or so ....angry smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: October 7, 2010 04:05

Paulywaul !

You really need to fly Cebu Pacific !

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 7, 2010 05:55

Edith Grove
Paulywaul !

I'd like to manually inflate her.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: October 7, 2010 14:41

whitem8
Well yeah BA is pretty shitty. But man, do US carriers blow!!!!! After traveling for over 17 years using US carriers and comparing them with a few European carriers, several Asian carriers, and many middle eastern carriers. The US carriers are uniformly TERRIBLE!

I don't know whitem8, here's one of our "sort of typical" US flight attendants and, OK, I know, she's a bit on edge but you have to have some sympathy. It's gotten really stressful for many of our flight attendants these days. (then again I'm usually high as a kite when I fly so I don't even know what planet I'm on let alone notice stuff like this with my lap-top DVD movies and i-pod distracting me until I pass out) Judge for yourself (poor girl trying to get off the smokes while, at the same time, working her stressful job), check this out, I think I flew with her working my seat section a few times - lol -

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 7, 2010 19:49

Edith Grove
Paulywaul !

WOW, noooooooooo quadruple WOW.

Date: November 10, 2010 11:08

Planning a transatlantic trip ? Don't do it !
Planning a weekend break ? Don't do it ?
Planning any kind of a f***ing trip that might involve a (a) reliable airline and (b) staff with something resembling a faintly pleasant disposition ?

THEN DON'T FLY WITH THIS BUNCH OF CLOWNS !!

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: November 10, 2010 12:27

Here's an active link for the Cebu Pacific safety demonstration:

...and their training class:

I'll bet more people pay attention to the safety information on Cebu Pacific from now on.

Date: November 10, 2010 12:58

I'm there. Where do they fly from/to ? I'll travel with them even if they take me somewhere I don't wanna go ................ !!

Date: November 10, 2010 13:04

paulywaul
I'm there. Where do they fly from/to ? I'll travel with them even if they take me somewhere I don't wanna go ................ !!

Looks like they're based in the Philippines: [www.cebupacificair.com]

Date: November 10, 2010 13:07

Edith Grove
paulywaul

Looks like they're based in the Philippines: [www.cebupacificair.com]

Hmm, I'm in London. So a "bit" outa my way, especially when I'm looking to fly from London to Amsterdam say, but hey ............ ANYTHING to avoid BA !!

Date: December 1, 2010 17:42

According to ASKMEN.com, British Airways is the safest airline in the world.
BTW, I did not write this article:

[www.askmen.com]

Date: December 1, 2010 17:49

bv
Is there another BA strike? .

bv, I think that there is more Air France' strikes than British Airways' strikes .

Date: December 1, 2010 17:55

Edith Grove
According to ASKMEN.com, British Airways is the safest airline in the world.
BTW, I did not write this article:

[www.askmen.com]

Edith Grove ,do you know if there is an "ASKMEN USA "instead of an " ASKMEN UK "?cool smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 1, 2010 18:25

Something is worse than airlines. Weather.
Frankfurt closed yesterday, London today for a few hrs.
Ok OK, if you wanna do those two airports
in 24 hrs, yes you begged for it.
Bet Oslo is closed tomorrow.

Hope the right person got my ticket!

TE
Oslo

Date: December 19, 2010 15:47

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

OK, so who wants to kick off the Sunday 19th December rant about ....... HOW F***ING USELESS BRITISH AIRWAYS AND BAA (BRITISH AIRPORTS AUTHORITY) BETWEEN THEM ARE ?

The article is correct, in this respect we are truly third world. What a bleedin' shambles, it happens year after year after year after .............. you get the idea. It's pathetic. and at the heart of millions of peoples' woes after a mere dusting of snow, o WHAT a surprise of course ... it's BRITISH C***ING AIRWAYS !!! They couldn't organize a spine shattering f**k in a Parisian whorehouse, useless pillocks !!

Get out of the airline business you bunch of cowboys, you ain't fit to operate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-19 18:26 by paulywaul.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home