Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
OT OT OT: British Airways !!!! The original 2010 thread
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 20, 2010 16:31

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Can ANYONE here provide answers to the following questions ?

Do British airways suck ?
Do British airways deserve to stay in business ?
What the f**k are all these strikes about ?
Is the CEO an a**hole ?
Are the striking parties a**holes ?
Are BOTH parties a**holes, and who ELSE is an a**hole too ?
Who do I surrender my BA EXEC card to ?
Why do I wish to have nothing more to do with these a**holes ever again ?
Which airline should I use instead, for getting around the globe as I need to do, I travel a lot for work ?

How long will it be before Bjornulf deletes or closes this thread ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 10:26 by bv.

Re: OT OT OT: British Airways !!!!
Date: July 20, 2010 17:39

Nurse! Nurse!

Hurry, this man needs medicine, a Virgin Atlantic frequent flyer card and some LOUD rock 'n' roll!
Deep breath Paulywaul......and relax.

Doctorofwealthandtaste.

PS. Totally agree with you by the way.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 20, 2010 17:41

Willy Walsh was drinking in my local the other night.

Date: July 20, 2010 18:17

Adrian-L
Willy Walsh was drinking in my local the other night.

Well Adrian my dear fellow, I sincerely hope you didn't miss the opportunity of pouring a drink over the b*****d.

I just do wish that he and that union rep (the name escapes me right now) would actually merely get as far as just being able tolerate being in one another's presence in the same room, that would be a start I mean to say !! The hatred they have for one another is quite evident.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 20, 2010 18:21

I love British Airways

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: July 20, 2010 18:21

carlitosbaez
I love British Airways

Carlitos
Tenerife

You're in a dwindling minority then .......

Date: July 20, 2010 18:25

carlitosbaez
I love British Airways

Carlitos
Tenerife

Is that because they no longer fly to Tenerife........?!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 20, 2010 19:03

I suspect BP provides the kerosene that goes into BA's planes...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 20, 2010 19:05

How does KLM compare to BA ?

Date: July 20, 2010 19:26

Edith Grove

OK I suppose .... if you like stewardesses that are sturdy looking farm girls that look like they've had a bit too much milk in their infancy, they're all about 10 feet tall and built like brick s**thouses !! They've merged with Air France. If you think British Airways needs to look up the following two words in the dictionary - "customer" and "services" - then try Air France/KLM. You'll experience an entire new dimension in not knowing what the hell is going on when your flight is abruptly cancelled or delayed or whatever. They actually make BA look marginally better, if that's entirely possible ?????/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-20 19:26 by paulywaul.

Date: July 20, 2010 19:52

paulywaul
Edith Grove

OK I suppose .... if you like stewardesses that are sturdy looking farm girls that look like they've had a bit too much milk in their infancy, they're all about 10 feet tall and built like brick s**thouses !!

OK! I'm looking forward to it! grinning smiley

Date: July 20, 2010 20:20

Edith Grove

KLM used to be an exemplary carrier. They now suck bong water. BA is great, although I only travel in First, Club World & Club Europe. Still, never heard many complaints. Willie is NOT a pratt. I sent him a registered letter two+ years ago & heard back w/in 10 days. Virgin are the absolute worst as far as service, food, cramped seating & dirty cabins.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: July 20, 2010 20:20

dcba

Hmmm ... highly probable. Hope they BOTH go out of business then.

Date: July 20, 2010 20:31

paulywaul
dcba

Hmmm ... highly probable. Hope they BOTH go out of business then.

Sour grapes, eh? BP runs the world, my dear. Take a couple of valium & down a few voddie cocktails & every carrier is the same. & remember at your convenience, THERE IS NO CLEAN $, lad.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 20, 2010 21:22

..not to deviate from this very important topic,
but a very important news story is busting out... [www.smh.com.au]

""it's official: women's breasts are getting bigger.
While implants have been putting that little extra va-va-voom
into some busts, mostly it's a phenomenon that has occurred naturally""

Date: July 20, 2010 21:35

The Menace of Mayfair
Edith Grove

KLM used to be an exemplary carrier. They now suck bong water. BA is great, although I only travel in First, Club World & Club Europe. Still, never heard many complaints. Willie is NOT a pratt. I sent him a registered letter two+ years ago & heard back w/in 10 days. Virgin are the absolute worst as far as service, food, cramped seating & dirty cabins.

<<< I sent him a registered letter two+ years ago & heard back w/in 10 days >>>

Well what you SHOULD have sent him was a dry wrapped incendiary device, you missed your chance. Next time you feel the need to correspond with him, let me know ... I'll deal with it on your behalf !!

Date: July 20, 2010 23:16

paulywaul
The Menace of Mayfair
Edith Grove

Well what you SHOULD have sent him was a dry wrapped incendiary device, you missed your chance. Next time you feel the need to correspond with him, let me know ... I'll deal with it on your behalf !!

I've send you an email from p. ginger @ g mail, baby.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 20, 2010 23:32

Yeah, since 2007, they stopped the flight without no reason, typical in airlines, here happen the same with Iberia, both at the same franchise with American Airlines, cuttings jobs and squeezing services to the travellers.
But never had any problem with the airline
Carlitos
Tenerife

Manofwealthandtaste
carlitosbaez
I love British Airways

Carlitos
Tenerife

Is that because they no longer fly to Tenerife........?!

Date: July 21, 2010 17:34

The Menace of Mayfair
paulywaul
The Menace of Mayfair
Edith Grove

I've send you an email from p. ginger @ g mail, baby.

Hiya Menace old sport,

You appear to have a direct line of comms to Willy babe. So what's the story with this latest ballot and strike then ? Is it on again, is it off for the moment, wots goin' on I mean to say ? I need to know, can I actually rely on these silly b******s to get me from Berlin to LHR on 11th August and back again on the 16th ?

[www.independent.co.uk]

O silly me, what did I say ? I used the "r" word ... "rely". What on earth WAS I thinking ? F**k this then, I'll go fly with the Luftwaffe instead. Firstly they're liable to actually get me there, and secondly ... there's always a possibility they can drop a nuke on BA HQ enroute, that'll end this sorry saga of the world's "least favourite a**hole airline" once and for all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-22 08:58 by paulywaul.

Date: July 23, 2010 08:27

[www.bbc.co.uk]

That's it, I've really had enough now !!

F**k it, I'm voting for a prime ministerial decree ... shoot the whole bloody lot of them. BA, BAA ... in fact anyone that has anything to do with aeroplanes or airports whatsoever. I give up ! What is it with these people ?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 23, 2010 19:54

paulywaul
Edith Grove

OK I suppose .... They've merged with Air France. If you think British Airways needs to look up the following two words in the dictionary - "customer" and "services" - then try Air France/KLM. You'll experience an entire new dimension in not knowing what the hell is going on when your flight is abruptly cancelled or delayed or whatever. They actually make BA look marginally better, if that's entirely possible

I HATE BRITISH AIRWAYS - WON'T USE THEM, NEVER-EVER !!!

Paul, I totally disagree with you about AIR FRANCE. I ALWAYS take the business class/non stop (Pay with FF miles - not cash, that's over - priced at crazy money levels -. but not bad with miles programs (around 90,000 points/miles on AF business class LA - PARIS), doubles the Economy miles more or less) I have gone AF from PARIS to INDIA and PARIS to CAIRO. No Problemo. They were cool with my excessive carry on - I used to take hundreds of rolls of film for my work. (BA has a stick up their ass - we fought like cats and dogs for a slightly excessive carry on from London to Barcelona once - real power hungry nut jobs those BA workers. They get off on making you miserable and pissed off - they're just jealous they have those shitty jobs - like in the USA, a lot of that atittude in the UK also. It's partly those celebrity newspaper rags). There's a business class only (redone 757 interior that goes from Paris to New York but I cant remember their name - maybe they went under). Of course SINGAPORE/THAI/JAL are all great too. QANTAS is THE WORST. Forget Virgin, go AF (the food, wine, babes, and decor keeps it sane on long trips in business class to far points here, there, and everywhere on this messed up planet.

Try Vicoden (pain pill) couple of those babies and you won't care about NOTHING - COMFORTABLY NUMB man, PINK FLOYD/ROGER WATERS had it down.....

BTW, PW, there was a mix-up months ago where you thought I was laying into you and you handed out a pretty strong retort. Dude, I would never give you any shit, over what? I think you're a cool guy and friends with the coolest of cool "Beast" who's also an E-mail friend of mine. I was arguing with the OTHER guy, the guy who wrote the piece but not with you at all my man. If I have time I'll find the thread. One last thing, we're all gonna have to get used to the way the airlines now behave, like total shit - like buses with wings, cause basically there isn't much we can do (except for high speed rail - TGV and such) smiling smiley Your IORR amigo, Helter

Date: July 23, 2010 21:22

HelterSkelter
paulywaul
Edith Grove

OK I suppose .... They've merged with Air France. If you think British Airways needs to look up the following two words in the dictionary - "customer" and "services" - then try Air France/KLM. You'll experience an entire new dimension in not knowing what the hell is going on when your flight is abruptly cancelled or delayed or whatever. They actually make BA look marginally better, if that's entirely possible

I HATE BRITISH AIRWAYS - WON'T USE THEM, NEVER-EVER !!!

Paul, I totally disagree with you about AIR FRANCE. I ALWAYS take the business class/non stop (Pay with FF miles - not cash, that's over - priced at crazy money levels -. but not bad with miles programs (around 90,000 points/miles on AF business class LA - PARIS), doubles the Economy miles more or less) I have gone AF from PARIS to INDIA and PARIS to CAIRO. No Problemo. They were cool with my excessive carry on - I used to take hundreds of rolls of film for my work. (BA has a stick up their ass - we fought like cats and dogs for a slightly excessive carry on from London to Barcelona once - real power hungry nut jobs those BA workers. They get off on making you miserable and pissed off - they're just jealous they have those shitty jobs - like in the USA, a lot of that atittude in the UK also. It's partly those celebrity newspaper rags). There's a business class only (redone 757 interior that goes from Paris to New York but I cant remember their name - maybe they went under). Of course SINGAPORE/THAI/JAL are all great too. QANTAS is THE WORST. Forget Virgin, go AF (the food, wine, babes, and decor keeps it sane on long trips in business class to far points here, there, and everywhere on this messed up planet.

Try Vicoden (pain pill) couple of those babies and you won't care about NOTHING - COMFORTABLY NUMB man, PINK FLOYD/ROGER WATERS had it down.....

BTW, PW, there was a mix-up months ago where you thought I was laying into you and you handed out a pretty strong retort. Dude, I would never give you any shit, over what? I think you're a cool guy and friends with the coolest of cool "Beast" who's also an E-mail friend of mine. I was arguing with the OTHER guy, the guy who wrote the piece but not with you at all my man. If I have time I'll find the thread. One last thing, we're all gonna have to get used to the way the airlines now behave, like total shit - like buses with wings, cause basically there isn't much we can do (except for high speed rail - TGV and such) smiling smiley Your IORR amigo, Helter

Helter,

I was working for Shell in Gabon between April 08 and December 09, flying LHR-CDG-LBV & back once a month. Those were business class flights. I agree with you in as much AF are great once you get on the plane, but you do have to admit that when things don't quite go according to plan, AF's notion of keeping YOU (the fare paying customer) informed as to what's going on, or generally offering to help get out of the shit (if you're in it), DOES leave quite a bit to be desired. I remember once when there was a PILOT's strike and it f***ed by loads of long haul flights, they did the most extraordinary thing. AF fly from Libreville/Gabon to Paris CDG on Tuesday, Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays. I think it was the Tuesday flight that ended up getting cancelled because this strike. So what did they do ? They simply booted all the scheduled Thursday passengers off the Thursday flight, and put all the displaced Tuesday passengers onto it instead. And when Thursday's ticketed customers started turning up at the airport for check-in, it was there and THEN only that they found out they'd been booted off the flight. Hardly surprising there was TOTAL uproar at the airport, and AF ended up doing what they SHOULD have done in the first place .... bring ANOTHER sodding plane down from Europe for the displaced Tuesday crowd.

Over the period I worked down there and made that monthly commute, I've got countless examples like that. But as I said, once you get on the plane and take your seat .... AF (especially business class) is the bees knees; great.

BA are just hacking me off bigtime, and the ground staff these days .... I swear to god they must go out on a recruitment drive and deliberately seek out the most foul tempered foul mannered ill disposed grumpy bastards on the planet. I've yet to meet a BA ground staff member that I didn't want to throttle within 30 seconds of initiating a conversation or asking a question.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 23, 2010 21:22

Helter, I've heard the same thing about AF J class. & I quite agree about BA staff and the well known rod that's up their arses. They can be so mean.

Date: July 30, 2010 13:06

[www.bbc.co.uk]

S**t ... they're STILL in business. Maybe they'll go bankrupt NEXT month & then the world will be a better place. One lives in hope.

Date: July 30, 2010 13:19

Paulywaul ?

Date: July 30, 2010 15:19

paulywaul
[www.bbc.co.uk]

S**t ... they're STILL in business. Maybe they'll go bankrupt NEXT month & then the world will be a better place. One lives in hope.

Yes, it is amazing, impressive even, that a company who has lost £1.5million per day for just over two years now has managed to stay in business!

Date: July 30, 2010 16:32

Paulywaul?

Date: July 30, 2010 17:23

That's about right Adrian ... that's pretty much how they make me feel !! Sad, innit ?

Date: July 30, 2010 17:27

for what it's worth Pauly, i completely agree with you.

Date: July 31, 2010 18:13

Here we go again ............ the a**holes are at it once more !!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Go bust BA, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go bust .... soon preferably. Tomorrow will do nicely, why wait any longer ? F-oxtrot O-scar into the big beyond ... go away and leave us alone.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home