Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Keith Richards exposes Mick Jagger in autobiography
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 4, 2010 14:35

This is from an Indian publication with no author listed, so for whatever that's worth:

Keith Richards exposes Mick Jagger in autobiography
July 4th, 2010 SindhToday

London, July 4 (ANI): Keith Richards has blasted Mick Jagger for his wild love life, drug-taking and infidelity in his new book.
The Rolling Stones guitarist has taken an astonishing pop at Jagger in his autobiography, ‘Life.’
‘In the draft Keith didn’t hold back on Mick. It was years of frustration coming out,’ News of the World quoted a source close to the band as saying.
‘He’s used it to set the record straight on Mick’s philandering, the affairs, the drug-taking and the fights. It promises to be dynamite.
‘It’s thought management asked him to tone it down but he’s been determined to tell it his way,’ the source added.
Keith has written the memoir in almost three years. He signed a 3.6million pound deal with publishers Weidenfeld and Nicolson.
‘It will be huge. Keith used to joke that he couldn’t remember half the things he’d done but his memory seems fine – and that’s bad news for Mick,’ the source said. (ANI)
[NF]

Read more: [www.sindhtoday.net]

Re: Keith Richards exposes Mick Jagger in autobiography
Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 4, 2010 14:40

Thanks Edith Grove - sounds interesting, could cause a bit if friction between the boys.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 4, 2010 14:51

Here's the article it is quoting from - The News Of The World! (The very same newspaper that framed the Stones with the Redlands bust).

[www.newsoftheworld.co.uk]

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 4, 2010 14:54

I love Keith, but never liked the Mick bashing from him. Seems pretty childish.
I do have to admit though, his name for Jagger's last Solo - "Dogshit in the Doorway" was damn funny! How in the hell can HE criticize Mick's drug taking though! LOL

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 4, 2010 14:58

Well, no better promotion than fuelling the old Jagger-Richards feud again.

To be honest I really don't know why he does this now at all!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:03

The disappointing ABB will be the final Stones album then?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:11

If this is as bad as it sounds this is the end of the Stones..... I think it would totally piss Mick off since Keith is probably already pissed the tour (if there is going to be one) is on hold. Man, Keith is one angry guy, sounds like 1983/4 all over again but this time they're to old and rich to give it another go. I say it's all over - tht' my prediction.....

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:26

Im fed up of keef bashing mick,
jealousy me thinks.If it want for mick
the stones would of been finished years ago.
If this story is true, they might be now.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:33

If he's like this with Mick, imagine what he'll be like towards Brian! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:33

This could ( depending on the depth of dirt dug up) mean divorce.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:40

Bianca and Jerry are going to learn quite a few things about their husband... but is it really necessary? MJ probably shagged Maggie Trudeau but that was 33 years ago.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:42

SELL SELL SELL!!!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:46

dcba
Bianca and Jerry are going to learn quite a few things about their husband... but is it really necessary? MJ probably shagged Maggie Trudeau but that was 33 years ago.
Oh, I thought it was Ronnie who did that...

Date: July 4, 2010 16:52

It would have been dishonest if he idn't write the facts about their relationship. We're interrested in the truth here, aren't we? Keith's so honest in the book, even when it puts himself in an awkward situation. And since this is probably the closest thing to the entire truth about the band and it's members we're gonna get, I'm totally supportive of his decission to tell it all.
Their relationship's been turbulent, but the bottom line is - they love eachother.

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:56

Might be pissed about Mick messing with history on the Exile bonus tracks and decided to take the gloves completely off with this book. Keith seemed pretty out of the loop on the creative license Mick took when he was interviewed about Exile.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 4, 2010 17:05

Bring it on....there is nothing to split up so why not tell it like it is...it just means when Jagger does his, we'll get even more inside scandal....he'll come back with the whole Anita thing and more. This is what we want, not soem watered down version of events, if it happened then I sure want to read about it. If it means the end of tours as the Stones so be it

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 4, 2010 17:07

this is the old lets promote a book hype,mick probably helped him write the book and is in on the whole promotion to help next years tour, its all a game people and we are the ones being played

Date: July 4, 2010 17:15

I can't see how this book would mean the end of touring... The episodes he's writing about and the fights they had through the years is water under the bridge. They've made up, much thanks to Ronnie. And there's not "new conflict material" there that could break up the band.
(And now I've read it all, except for three chapters, that are currently being edited/proof read. It's a great, great book - and well written, typically an autobiography people will talk about and refer to for decades to come.)

Date: July 4, 2010 17:16

Worst case scenario- they fight and it stops GHS Deluxe being released.
The rest I am not worried about.

Date: July 4, 2010 17:17

My guess is that mick has okayed this before publishing...

Date: July 4, 2010 17:20

Actually, there is a worse scenario than GHS Deluxe being cancelled.
And it is that they fight and record "Dirty Work II".

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 4, 2010 17:24

bolexman
Actually, there is a worse scenario than GHS Deluxe being cancelled.
And it is that they fight and record "Dirty Work II".
funny, or worse IORR II

Date: July 4, 2010 17:25

DandelionPowderman
My guess is that mick has okayed this before publishing...
Hi DP!
No, Keith would not take a "no" or an "OK" from anyone. It's his book - his version. The truth. He's honest, even when it richochets back at him.

Date: July 4, 2010 17:28

cmon keith cant remember yesterday, but now we are to believe he can remember his whole life to sell a book , LOL

Date: July 4, 2010 17:32

and you've read the book, I presume???
I have, too! And I consider myself someone with a good deal of knowledge about Rolling Stones history.
And Keith's memory's just fine! He's cracked jokes about not remembering the 70s, but that's just his image. He remembers so well, it's almost scary. And on the things he didn't remember in detail, he's done serious research, helped by some people we know...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 4, 2010 17:44

WELL HELL.....if you cant have a wild love life, drug-taking and infidelity
then what the fk is the point of being a rock star ? .....geeeeezzzzz Keith, you party pooper ; )

nah....I'm just kidding, I always liked Keith.

‘It’s thought management asked him to tone it down but he’s been determined to tell it his way,’ the source added.

wouldn't Keith be the MANAGEMENT?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-04 17:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: July 4, 2010 17:47

These guys aint in high school anymore!Im pretty sure that whatever is in that book is not going to be anything new to Mick!These are grown men who've been in eachothers lives for over 45 years, they know eachother inside and out. And most things that they've done have already been found out and written about. Keith is just writing his take on it all. I'm sure that they are mature enough to still love eachother and still maintain the Rolling Stones, even after Keiths autobiography comes out! Dont sweat it!
luv,
mickschick
(colleen)

Date: July 4, 2010 17:49

so are those fictitious muddy waters painting the studio and charlie punching mick in the face stories in the book?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:06

Mickschick
These guys aint in high school anymore!Im pretty sure that whatever is in that book is not going to be anything new to Mick!These are grown men who've been in eachothers lives for over 45 years, they know eachother inside and out. And most things that they've done have already been found out and written about. Keith is just writing his take on it all. I'm sure that they are mature enough to still love eachother and still maintain the Rolling Stones, even after Keiths autobiography comes out! Dont sweat it!
luv,
mickschick
(colleen)
No offense but you obviously don't know men very well. Just because they don't show it on the outside (to maintain their cool cat rep) doesn't me the grudges aren't long and strong. I've seen/heard it for years (being a man) You babes ain't exposed to everything. I don't think Mick wants the whole world to know his sh*t put down in writing (things hard core fans know are different than what the casual fan knows.... but not after this book comes out).......We'll see if there's another tour, I really doubt it smiling smiley........

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:19

Well then, if anyone wonders if there will be another tour, this might provide some insight.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home