Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Keith Richards exposes Mick Jagger in autobiography
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 5, 2010 11:55

As far as I know Mick's never bashed on Keith. That's why I wonder why Keith's doing it ... Jealousy?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 5, 2010 12:01

Hopefully this report is untrue. Fifteen years ago Charlie Watts said that the Stones would stop rolling one day but he did not know when, he added: "I hope we will not end up all of us writing our memoirs". The Stones insulting each other and publishing books with private details would be a shabby end.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: July 5, 2010 12:09

Keith blasting Mick about drug taking?????

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: July 5, 2010 13:29

If any of that turned out to be true I would say there are two possible ways of looking at it:

either KR spills the beans just for the money like a third rate wannabe; then I would wish him to be treated exactly that way

or

it is all about jealousy and he cannot get over the fact that MJ got most of the limelight through their entire career; what a poor move this would be, why can a man who has been so lucky after all not be a little more generous and hold himself back?

Having left his musical skills and his artistic integrity way behind, I would have expected KR to take care at least for his grace, his style, his cool and his dignity. It is so sad seeing this once respected artist go down that road.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 5, 2010 14:07

PR

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 5, 2010 14:30

I hope Keith also remembers the positive side of his relationship with Mick. I hope he does and that he describes it/celebrates it as he should. Tell the truth, the whole truth, keith, not just the bad shit. After all his relationship with Mick is like any other relationship, it's 50/50; if Keith didn't like it he should have gotten the hell out of it.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 5, 2010 14:37

Bliss
Perhaps Addicted could confirm or deny?
What am I going to confirm or deny?
Sorry, havent't seen this earlier. Been busy.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 5, 2010 15:10

sex and drugs = good advance publicity

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: July 5, 2010 15:11

I don't think K Richards has any reason to be jealous of Jagger. For starters Keith is the most popular Rolling Stone, has a very good and stable marriage for 27 years, he receives more accolades for his playing and songwriting than Jagger. Writers call him the Rolling Stones, the heart and soul of the band... so Jealousy is not an issue. Power struggles and vision of the band might have something to do with it. Keith speaks his mind and also he has been very tolerant with the Mick situation - you can tell with the tours which are money machines not very Keithian - otherwise the Stones wouldn't have lasted for so long.

When did they stop being mates? Mates don't rat on each other so there is certainly some bitterness.

Also Keith is a much better actor.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 5, 2010 16:15

.....I've decided to go with doubt....I'll wait to see the book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-05 19:01 by Rip This.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 5, 2010 16:19

Keep in mind it's just a report in "The News Of The World".
I'll be taking a pinch of salt with mine, thanks

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 5, 2010 16:36

My question is WHY? I mean Keith owes his whole persona to Mick and the Stones. Remember keith in the 60's he was in the shadows and had very little personality. I think mick helped him come out and be waht he is. Mick owes just as much to Keith as well. Neither of them would have made world stardom on their own!

Date: July 5, 2010 17:22

teleblaster
sex and drugs = good advance publicity

So, in an autobiography about a band who's often been mentioned due to sex, drugs and rock & roll, Keith ought to leave two of the three themes out? I don't think so! Then we'd see a lot of bashing because he left the juicy parts out. And this book practically sells itself, because of who he is and the life he's led and his importance in modern culture. NOT only in music.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 5, 2010 18:38

Tantekäthe
If any of that turned out to be true I would say there are two possible ways of looking at it:

either KR spills the beans just for the money like a third rate wannabe; then I would wish him to be treated exactly that way

or

it is all about jealousy and he cannot get over the fact that MJ got most of the limelight through their entire career; what a poor move this would be, why can a man who has been so lucky after all not be a little more generous and hold himself back?

Having left his musical skills and his artistic integrity way behind, I would have expected KR to take care at least for his grace, his style, his cool and his dignity. It is so sad seeing this once respected artist go down that road.

Very right!

As I already said really don't know why he thinks he has to do this now . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-05 18:39 by CousinC.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 5, 2010 18:43

Addicted...since you have read the book...you could confirm or deny whether Keith slates Mick..?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 5, 2010 19:04

Personally, I think there is something slightly tacky about writing your autobiography in the first place. I know folk like the easy money and pontificate that it allows them control over the story but if you're really rock and roll why justify yourself in writing and sell your private life? It also kind of suggests an over inflated sense of self importance. Frankly, I'll buy it and read it when it comes out but I think less of Keith for taking the easy money and I admire Mick (and Charlie) for staying silent.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 5, 2010 19:04

well, i won't believe it 'til i 'll see it. when something like that happened with keith's comments on jagger's knighthood it was not a nice thing. sometimes keith looks like an old english auntie.
come on, let's give us a new great cd and a new tour! this is what i really wait for. don't waste your talent with this stupid inactivity

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 5, 2010 19:21

"let's give us a new great cd"

Waiting for a new record the last 40 years,I really don't what to expect this time........back to there roots an other Streets of Love?

Date: July 5, 2010 19:25

Bliss
Addicted...since you have read the book...you could confirm or deny whether Keith slates Mick..?

Not without breaking the contract, so - sorry. I really, really want to finish what we've started and I have a very nice working relationship with the publishing house and "Keith camp", so - no.
But I'm not at all surprised to read here that the "very special negative ones" already slag the book without even having read a single word. That's the tradition around here.
I think it's a very good read, and when you've read the book, perhaps you'd like to share your opinion with the rest of us?

Date: July 5, 2010 19:31

This thread is heading into page 4, so yes you guessed it it's time to mention Mick Taylor... In all seriousness, when this book comes out the 1st thing I'll do is turn to the Index and look up "Taylor, Mick..." because that way I will KNOW if this book is for real or a con job. Because "According To The RS" had about 1 page only on the great man, thus exposing the book for the corporate exercise it was. Perhaps I will be the only soul turning immediately to "Taylor, Mick" in the index, but this is what I will indeed be doing. ... P.S. I'm sure it will be an entertaining read. Go Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-05 19:37 by bolexman.

Date: July 5, 2010 19:33

It's not really a Mick Taylor bio... But I'm sure he'll write that one himself!

Date: July 5, 2010 19:42

Hey thats a great idea. Addicted, perhaps you should send Mick your business card, just in case he is inspired by Keith to put pen to paper...! :-)

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 5, 2010 22:38

Lady Jayne
Personally, I think there is something slightly tacky about writing your autobiography in the first place. I know folk like the easy money and pontificate that it allows them control over the story but if you're really rock and roll why justify yourself in writing and sell your private life? It also kind of suggests an over inflated sense of self importance. Frankly, I'll buy it and read it when it comes out but I think less of Keith for taking the easy money and I admire Mick (and Charlie) for staying silent.

That are my thoughts as well. There is a certain amount of vanity, when someone writes an autobiography. If it is not for the money. Like "I want the world to know, what I think and feel".

And, it is an AUTObiography, he should write about himself and not expose someone else.
And it is never THE TRUTH, it is only Keith´s take.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 5, 2010 23:06

>>I think it's a very good read, and when you've read the book, perhaps you'd like to share your opinion with the rest of us?

Ha ha, try and stop me :-)

I for one hope it is not filled with cheap potshots against Mick. For better or worse, they have been business and creative partners for over half a century. If Mick is so contemptible, what does it say about Keith for sticking around?

There are innumerable account of how difficult Mick is to work with, and how mercurial he is with the people around him. Even Charlie, whom he has described as his best friend, has said that you couldn't work with Mick for long if you have an ego of your own (paraphrasing). I have no doubt that Keith has years, decades of pent-up frustration in this regard. But...no one is holding him captive! If Mick is so unbearable, why hasn't he voted with his feet, and walked away?

Slagging him off in the press, after half a century of partnership, is contemptible in my eyes.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: July 6, 2010 02:33

Everyone is jumping to conclusions about this book and making all types of assumptions. I say we just wait and see when the book comes out. I'm sure that will be a VERY interesting forum! smiling smiley

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 6, 2010 03:29

Like if he talks about how hypocritical he finds Mick when Mick waxes about Keith's drug usage - given that Mick used a boatload of drugs himself (even heroin tho not often), I think that's fair game.
----

- - - it's all just the advance PR machine at work, and working fine, apparently

Mick used heroin and its a 'given'? Really? When or what period was that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-06 03:31 by stones77.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 6, 2010 05:25

what sort of publicity campaign do you suppose Keith and his publisher have in mind? The thought of him mumbling incoherently about Mick's perceived mistreatment of him on an endless round of talk show appearances may just be too much to bear.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 6, 2010 05:58

tatters
what sort of publicity campaign do you suppose Keith and his publisher have in mind? The thought of him mumbling incoherently about Mick's perceived mistreatment of him on an endless round of talk show appearances may just be too much to bear.
Did you not see him on the Jimmy Fallon show promoting the Exile reissue. No mumbling at all. Very coherent and entertaining. I'm not buying the pre release bs about him bashing Mick. But I would'nt be surprised if Keith turned out to be a talk show darling when this does come out.
Here's the Jimmy Fallon interview. No mumbling involved.
[www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-06 06:02 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 6, 2010 06:10

.....it could be his new line of work..talk shows...like Rod Stewart.

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: July 6, 2010 06:40

I hope Keith doesn't trash Mick or any of the band. IMHO Keith did the unthinkable when he stole Anita from Brian while Brian was in the Hospital. Taking a mates girl is the cardinal sin of friends. But for some reason Keith acts like its no big deal. Between his out of control drug abuse & taking Anita from Brian, he really shouldn't be taking shots at anybody.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home