Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Keith Richards exposes Mick Jagger in autobiography
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:45

skipstone
Well then, if anyone wonders if there will be another tour, this might provide some insight.
?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:47

bolexman
Actually, there is a worse scenario than GHS Deluxe being cancelled.
And it is that they fight and record "Dirty Work II".

Funny!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:08

I like the ladies' point-of-view on this subject.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:11

I hope Keith doesn't "remember" seeing Mick shagging Muddy Waters... The "Muddy painting the ceiling" anecdote problably only ever existed in Keith's imagination.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:17

Edith Grove
T

London, July 4 (ANI): Keith Richards has blasted Mick Jagger for his wild love life, drug-taking (ANI)
[NF]

Read more: [www.sindhtoday.net]

Keith blasts Mick for his ... drug taking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the irony.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:48

This is being reported as if Mick's infidelities were news?

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: July 4, 2010 20:20

This is a long winded thought on your response to my post...please excuse the poor spelling!I was't offended to it btw! I know men hold grudges, and of course its usually for very petty shit!
But as far as Mick and Keith, this is a marriage of sorts between them. They've been through a lot more than this. Publicly and privately.
I think that whatever Keith relays to the actual writer of the book will most likely be common knowledge,with added drama from the writer.
If there are any serious alligations that Mick gets upset about, I'm sure that wont interfere with a tour. If they are touring, they are already making arrangements for venues,hotels etc.. These things take time.You don't do a world tour, and start booking 6months prior to it!
So Keith writes the book, and it's 'explosive' and then the press starts on about it. They will be saying...as they have for years, is it the end of the Stones? Is it "All over Now?" for the Stones? I can see the headlines already.
It's already starting and the book aint even out yet!
So really, maybe it's a good thing, it gets the Stones back in the headlines.
Then the cd is released, and then the tour starts with a scandel!!Everyone loves a scandel!
And then....its really kinda predictable, cause they will be talking about how Mick and Keith are only playing because they are commited to the tour, and they really hate eachother,if they don't stay on the tour, then they'll owe management...blah... blah... blah... and all that crap! Its a good move if you ask me! Its all P.R..
That is how I see it anyway.
luv,
Mickschick
(colleen)grinning smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 4, 2010 21:05

Keith talking freely (badly) about Mick is nothing new and The News of the World's reporter knows that. For all we know this is nothing but speculation and none of the insider quotes are anything but the reporter's invention (they certainly sound it - what Stones insider thinks Keith has buried his feelings about Mick for years?). Wait until the book is out before passing judgment. This could all be bollocks.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 4, 2010 21:12

Keith has never forgotten Mick's messin' with Anita during Performance I wager!! Of course Mick has to live the fact that Keith swings a bigger one than him! HA HA

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2010 21:26

The Mick chapter will be titled "Big balls, small cock"!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 4, 2010 21:41

Rocky Dijon
Keith talking freely (badly) about Mick is nothing new and The News of the World's reporter knows that. For all we know this is nothing but speculation and none of the insider quotes are anything but the reporter's invention (they certainly sound it - what Stones insider thinks Keith has buried his feelings about Mick for years?). Wait until the book is out before passing judgment. This could all be bollocks.

yup..this is an ongoing working relationship. Some days/months/years it works...sometimes it doesn't

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 4, 2010 21:51

Don't always believe what you read in the papers(especially the News of the World,Sun, Daily Mirror ,Star,Mail, Express etc,etc etc,). smoking smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 4, 2010 22:18

Should be a fun read!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-04 22:23 by Bliss.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 5, 2010 00:18

Keef probably sent Mick an advance copy with a note along the lines of "Look, I'm gonna rip a new one into you in the autobiography. But it's nothing we haven't been over a thousand times before. And it's good for sales. So fake a little outrage and play along."

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: July 5, 2010 00:22

Addicted
It would have been dishonest if he idn't write the facts about their relationship. We're interrested in the truth here, aren't we? Keith's so honest in the book, even when it puts himself in an awkward situation. And since this is probably the closest thing to the entire truth about the band and it's members we're gonna get, I'm totally supportive of his decission to tell it all.
Their relationship's been turbulent, but the bottom line is - they love eachother.

I agree with this. When I read a book about someone I'm interested in, especially an autobiography, I want the whole story, good and bad. I don't agree with the whole "Why bring that up, it's just tabloid crap" line of thought. I'm sorry, but there is some f-ucked up stuff in the Stones/Keith's history, it's part of who they are, and if Keith is going to write about it, I want to read it. I'm as interested in the so-called bad as I am in his thoughts on playing guitar and the recording of Sticky Fingers, because it's all part of who he is.

What do some people prefer, a bunch of boring, safe stories like, "Gram bought me my first guitar at ten. I really took to it!", or, "Had a cup of tea today, and sat around wondering how funny life is sometimes.", like most of Clapton's book? (there's some good stuff in the middle, but the majority, especially the last 1/3 is a real snooze.).

I'm not saying Keith should go after or attack Jagger or anyone, or that it should all be sex this, and drugs that. But I want to hear his story, warts and all. Why would you want to read a book about someone who has led such a colorful life, and not read about the color?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 5, 2010 02:11

If it's as bad as Keith wants it to be, Mick might take objection to it and it could very well be the end of their working relationship. It's nothing new. And it's, unfortunately, nothing old.

Then again, Mick might think Keith is just talking shit. Yet then again! It might make Mick "remember" and write his goddammotherfucking book.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 5, 2010 02:28

Mick is a control freak when it comes to himself. Remember Jerry withdrawing all the 'dirt' from her manuscript when her autobiography was ready to be published - she had to return the advance because the publisher wasn't interested in the sanitized version. So if Keith goes there - and I'm not sure I believe he would - I would expect a certain amount of hostility. If true, it will be interesting to see if Mick can take it, or scuttles the relationship.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 5, 2010 02:30

Ha ha. If it is as bad as hyped or leaked, etc, put a fork in 'em.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: July 5, 2010 02:56

We can't pre-judge it before it gets released, but I have said previously, the band broke up in the '80's. I have no doubt Keith was sick of Jagger and the spectacle the band had become. He said as much. He also said some very harsh and personal statements about Jagger. The reunion and what came after has always been suspicious to me. To me it was Keith deciding to hitch his wagon to Jagger and ride off to a lucrative retirement. His constant joking and occasional shots at Jagger was for me thinly disguised contempt. He got two songs a recording, two songs a show and Ronnie. And more money. He can have the money. Who cares? But has he done anything with the band since that feels any where near as compelling as what he did with the Winos? Lennon walked away when it wasn't working for him. Keith did not have the courage to do the same. If this book is a rip, I would not be surprised.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 5, 2010 02:59

We'll see what Keith says, and what Mick's reaction is.

Public reaction will probably be as skipstone suggests "there's Keith talking shit again."

But these guys will be loving/hating each other until they're 127 years old.

Nothing that "happens" re: this book will alter that dynamic. Their destinies are inexorably, permanently, intertwined.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 5, 2010 03:07

"Lennon walked away when it wasn't working for him"

Is this a good quality?

And when did he walked away?

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 5, 2010 03:08

Good point swiss, I have seen interviews with Mick and eventually the topic comes around to Keith,and Mick says " I dont want to talk about Keith" topic over.The next band meeting should be interesting tho.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: July 5, 2010 03:18

melillo
cmon keith cant remember yesterday, but now we are to believe he can remember his whole life to sell a book , LOL

You don't know Keith, so you can't make an accusation like that without anything to back it up. You come across as a non-Stones fan who is quick to dismiss Keith as a stupid junky. And no one should ever underestimate the intelligence of Keith.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 5, 2010 03:29

klrkcr
Good point swiss, I have seen interviews with Mick and eventually the topic comes around to Keith,and Mick says " I dont want to talk about Keith" topic over.The next band meeting should be interesting tho.

klrkcr, For sure winking smiley I hope what Keith writes about Mick isn't at the level of "huge balls, tiny cock", which I personally found amusing (and informative), but is admittedly "below the belt" and bitchy, rather than simply being "honest."

A friend many years ago said he determines whether something is gossip by asking himself "Is this mine to tell? And if it's not, it's gossip and I shouldn't be repeating it." I think that's a fair measure of what's dirty pool and what's not.

Like if he talks about how hypocritical he finds Mick when Mick waxes about Keith's drug usage - given that Mick used a boatload of drugs himself (even heroin tho not often), I think that's fair game.

Or if he talks about his and Mick's rivalry re: women (whoever is named, like Uschi) that's fair game.

Or if he talks about Mick intentionally trying to change his public image, or how Keith's public image and private reality are a lot closer to being the same thing, than who Mick is and who is portrays himself to be; I think that's fair game.

I think a lot will depend on context and tone.

- swiss

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 5, 2010 03:45

Agree swiss - good points.My wife has just read this entire thread and announced that she will read the book!! This is from someone who is totally anti- stones, but even she cant wait to read what Keith has to say.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: July 5, 2010 03:48

swiss
klrkcr

klrkcr, For sure winking smiley I hope what Keith writes about Mick isn't at the level of "huge balls, tiny cock", which I personally found amusing (and informative), but is admittedly "below the belt" and bitchy, rather than simply being "honest."

A friend many years ago said he determines whether something is gossip by asking himself "Is this mine to tell? And if it's not, it's gossip and I shouldn't be repeating it." I think that's a fair measure of what's dirty pool and what's not.

Like if he talks about how hypocritical he finds Mick when Mick waxes about Keith's drug usage - given that Mick used a boatload of drugs himself (even heroin tho not often), I think that's fair game.

Or if he talks about his and Mick's rivalry re: women (whoever is named, like Uschi) that's fair game.

Or if he talks about Mick intentionally trying to change his public image, or how Keith's public image and private reality are a lot closer to being the same thing, than who Mick is and who is portrays himself to be; I think that's fair game.

I think a lot will depend on context and tone.

- swiss

I agree, it's all about context and presentation. If he has legitimate gripes or issues with Mick and women, like Swiss says, then I think it's fair game to speak about.

Something along the lines of "I've never understood Mick's need to chase another man's woman. And I haven't always had a lot of respect for him in his treatment of the women in his life", I feel would be legit.

But if he takes it into "Mick can't satisfy them and they always end up disappointed because he has a tiny wee-wee" territory, then that's gossipy and should probably be left unsaid.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 5, 2010 03:56

swiss
We'll see what Keith says, and what Mick's reaction is.

Public reaction will probably be as skipstone suggests "there's Keith talking shit again."

But these guys will be loving/hating each other until they're 127 years old.

Nothing that "happens" re: this book will alter that dynamic. Their destinies are inexorably, permanently, intertwined.
I agree. This is all just pre-release speculation from the pres. A little publicity never hurts does it?winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-05 04:02 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 5, 2010 04:01

gypsy18
melillo
cmon keith cant remember yesterday, but now we are to believe he can remember his whole life to sell a book , LOL

You don't know Keith, so you can't make an accusation like that without anything to back it up. You come across as a non-Stones fan who is quick to dismiss Keith as a stupid junky. And no one should ever underestimate the intelligence of Keith.

keith himself said the 70s are a blur dude so dont say iam basing it on nothing, so that takes care of your first point, and as for me being a non stones fan i will go up against you any day of the week, oh and btw i dont think you know keith either now do ya? didnt think so

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 5, 2010 08:28

Perhaps Addicted could confirm or deny?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 5, 2010 11:49

A nice bit of tension between Mick and Keef and hopefully we'll get some vitriolic songs out of it for the next album - another You Don't Move Me Anymore or Kow Tow would be well appreciated.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home