Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Whose posts do you like to read?
Date: June 29, 2010 21:21

Lots of interesting posters here:

Gazza, Mathijs, His Majesty and others for their knowledge of history, gear, statistics etc. Rockman for his fabulous sense of humour. with sssoul for telling us when we misbehave winking smiley Amsterdamned and kleermaker for putting on some great fights. skipstone for his bad sense of humour (which makes me laugh WAY too often winking smiley ). JumpingKentFlash for his endless belief in the current lineup. liddas for interesting guitar technical discussions.

And of course, every one of you that keeps the engine running here at IORR!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-29 21:21 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 29, 2010 21:26

Group hug time?smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:40

OK,I'll chime in. There are many people here whose posts I like to read. Here are some I read more than most. Terry, aka, Rockman, for his great humor,knowledge and generosity. His Majesty for his musical knowledge and level headedness, 71Tele and The Greek likewise. FourStoneWalls for his humor and genorsity in trading. Gripweed likewise. StonesTod/TA for his dry wit and sense of humor. With sssoul for her encyclopedic knowledge and memory. Also a special shout out to rooster, whom I don't understand half the time but what is clearly understood is his love of the Stones. Please forgive any omissions. Most of you have made this board fun, interesting and informative, which is why I keep coming back.

And to those missing in action, Esky, Kyle, Captain Jack Sparrow, where are you? I haven't heard from ya in ages! Come back! All sins are forgiven!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 30, 2010 03:21

michel

The one I dont like is Kleermaker, he just gives bad vibes, and sets people up against each other(like in this astrix and obelix story, the intrigrant), he thinks his opinion is the truth but sorry its just an opinion, so for him a bigthumbs down i would love it if he totally left the board, but saying this will only make him post more cause he likes to irritate. To bad.

Kleermaker has posted many valid points and interesting opinions.

You probably don't agree with the above, but nevermind. grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 30, 2010 03:59

This threads fun and makes a nice change from bickering! grinning smiley smileys with beer

I'll always be glad that Mathijs and I locked horns over on the les paul forum about 3 years ago now...

Through that and along with some posts by CHRISM there I found this crazy place and then got introduced to the many fine people who hang out here!

Not to belittle anyone else, but Mathijs and with sssoul are the topper most for me. They have contributed so much to this place and without them knowing it have had a large influence in getting me really hooked on the stones more than I had been previously.

A special mention and thanks to Palace Revolution 2000 for sharing the magical 1967 Courtfield Road footage! That was the kind of footage I dreamed of having and now I/we have it! Through that footage I feel more connected to the period I'm most interested in... and that makes me really fukkin' happy!

ROCKMAN for his gentlemen like ways and vast contribution of information, pics and good vibes. Class in a glass!

Thanks to Kleermaker for opening my ears to Mick Taylor, someone who's music I had become totally oblivious too. There is magic in those fingers!

It all comes back to the music so thank you to...

The Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-30 14:46 by His Majesty.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 30, 2010 04:10

sweetcharmedlife
SCL is just kind of "John Belushi" funny

Thanks Helter. The check is in the mail.

Awww Dude, no need to send the check, the giant case of VICODIN was more than enough !!!! (2 UPS guys had to lift that mother !!!) Stuff is super fresh - Helter feels no pain !!!

Posted by: Anderson ()
Date: June 30, 2010 14:42

Oh, I like to read Mathijs' posts due to his knownledge on guitars and equipment. Also, he's funny when he gets pissed off, which happens quite a bit.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:56

Amsterdamned and kleermaker for putting on some great fights.<DandelionPowderman >

Thanks!cool smiley

Re: iorr
Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: June 30, 2010 20:30

I agree with Erik -- there are some great posters here that I know I'll forget, but...

Erik Snow, withsssoul, Rockman

Having said that, it's a great opportunity to thank all of you sincerely for your contributions...

There is a rather large group of musicians that typically post about the music...I find that interesting (as opposed, say, to wigs) --

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 1, 2010 17:22

71Tele
michel
I like With SSoul a lot, she's verry nice. Nice warm commentssmiling smiley,
Doxa's comments are verry sharp and interesting, almost like articles thats great,thanks for that!!, and ofcourse Mathijs, thanks for all your great information. Rockman is also greatthumbs up same for Kent altough I dont see him so much lateley, to bad.

The one I dont like is Kleermaker, he just gives bad vibes, and sets people up against each other(like in this astrix and obelix story, the intrigrant), he thinks his opinion is the truth but sorry its just an opinion, so for him a bigthumbs down i would love it if he totally left the board, but saying this will only make him post more cause he likes to irritate. To bad.

For the rest of you (and ofcourse bv), keep it up, love this board for years now, wouldnt wanna miss it.

I agree. Doxa has great posts, withsSoul too. I just can't remember everybody! I will defend kleer because at least he writes some intelligent stuff, and sometimes it challenges us. The only ones I don't like are people who take things personally and resort to insults, though admittedly I have given as good as I got when people have picked a fight with me. Need to develop a thicker skin and let it go when that happens. the smarter folks here do that.

No need to defend me, Tele, though I know you mean it well and I appreciate that.
I've deleted my own reply because such a comment should be ignored, especially by me. I even don't have to make any joke about it, however easy that is.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: July 1, 2010 18:49

kleermaker
Maybe we also can say whose posts we dislike or even hate (I myself recently read a post containing an invitation to please leave, so I will be on thát list for sure).
just replied to your own request, so whats the big deal here????

Date: July 1, 2010 19:32

michel
kleermaker
Maybe we also can say whose posts we dislike or even hate (I myself recently read a post containing an invitation to please leave, so I will be on thát list for sure).
just replied to your own request, so whats the big deal here????

That was of course a joke:

<Re: iorr
Date: June 28, 2010 17:45

kleermaker:

Gazza:
You can be sure such a thread will be closed pretty quickly. And rightly so.

Of course Gazza, just a joke.>

But indeed no big deal, so case closed.

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: July 1, 2010 20:10

I have a big interest in rare records and promos. Then of course I especially enjoy Urban Steel, Honestman and Stone_Relics' posts. It's a real big shame that JR doesn't post here anymore.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 1, 2010 20:16

Eirik
It's a real big shame that JR doesn't post here anymore.

who shot him?

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: July 1, 2010 20:22

StonesTod
Eirik
It's a real big shame that JR doesn't post here anymore.

who shot him?

I've been wondering about that too.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 1, 2010 21:02

Doxa.....Rock.....snow..open g.....chris....lk....tg....and so many more

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 1, 2010 21:09

Kinda like Helter Skelter's list and it's always cool when someone new who appears to have an actual mind, appreciation of the music and doesn't live by Internet fantasy.

I'm still reeling over MitchFlorida's offerings...Interesting to learn that Ry Cooder (whom he seems to disdain) brought open tuning to England. HUH?? I don't play Cooder's music that much but I certainly respect him as a fine and serious musician.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 2, 2010 05:43

Vicodin? Where's my package Helter?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: July 2, 2010 15:44

<Interesting to learn that Ry Cooder (whom he seems to disdain) brought open tuning to England.>

Brian Jones beat him with 4 or 5 years, didn't he?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 2, 2010 16:23

everyone of you

Date: July 3, 2010 03:21

Mickschix CAUSE she love jag.................and looks goood!

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: July 10, 2010 17:06

You never know who's watching!!

Date: July 10, 2010 17:32

wild girls post

Date: July 10, 2010 17:42

Marhsall
Vicodin? Where's my package Helter?

Helter says very slowly as he's laying in the middle of the empty High School Football field a few blocks from his home. He's stare-ing at the sky watching the clouds slowly go by. Lifts his head VERY slightly with his eye lids open like slits. He gets ready to speak and slurs slowly, "Whaaaatttttt's Uuuppp my peeps ?".... then says, sure Marshall can have some of these heaven pills, just stop on by dude, we'll watch some Stones DVD's..... No pain Dude, physical or emotional, I share with all my buds on IORR - genius stuff at work here.......

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 10, 2010 18:45

I enjoy Erik_Snow's insights and especially look forward to seeing how many times he edits his posts spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sweetcharmedlife for his sports and pain from Sharks losses.

Rockman's photos.

Lukester's humor.

Stonesrule for anything Jimi.

Mickschix for that dark hair vibe.

Strettonbull for some outstanding sharing and 320's.

UrbanSteel for the genesis of our library and album covers.

Gazza for sending Gerry Adams to Buffalo for the St. Patricks parade. tongue sticking out smiley

The Europeans for their old world history.

and many others....

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 10, 2010 20:43

Wow, no mention of me. I need new writers.

Date: July 10, 2010 20:44

stonesrule
Kinda like Helter Skelter's list and it's always cool when someone new who appears to have an actual mind, appreciation of the music and doesn't live by Internet fantasy.

I'm still reeling over MitchFlorida's offerings...Interesting to learn that Ry Cooder (whom he seems to disdain) brought open tuning to England. HUH?? I don't play Cooder's music that much but I certainly respect him as a fine and serious musician.

Thanks stonesrule for leaving the can-be-taken-as slight comp and also leaving a "Thinking Man's" post - way too many non-thinking robots on here, that's for sure......... BTW, Cooder's one of the good musical eggs, what's this MitchMan dude yappin'away about?....... more robot silliness I suspect.......

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:33

Mine because you get a republican slant which is drastically needed here

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:39

This board is similar to Playboy magazine. I don't read the articles, I just look at the photos. smoking smiley

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:40

Well, read MINE if you want "fair and balanced"

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home