Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Whose posts do you like to read?
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 11, 2010 14:28

I came to Stonesboards for many years thinking I'm No.1 fan and know anything about them.

Then it was like discovering a whole new world. So many great poster with wonderful and surprising knowledge.
Many who contribute and share a lot!

I learned many new things.
Thanx all!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 11, 2010 15:15

Gazza
Matthijs now but too technical for me. I used to dislike your posts, I was blinded by Stones love

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 11, 2010 16:56

CousinC
I came to Stonesboards for many years thinking I'm No.1 fan and know anything about them.

Then it was like discovering a whole new world. So many great poster with wonderful and surprising knowledge.

Thanx all!

Same here, I never met anyone who knew as much as I did about them - I came here and was greatly humbled. It's to the point now where I almost don't ever answer questions as I'm usually proven wrong - which kind of sucks. What do they say - ignorance is bliss..

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 18:32

Well for those of us not mentioned, I guess it's time to move on! sad smiley

But for me, there are so many I look forward to reading, and I fear that I may leave out someone unintentionally, but here goes anyway: Gazza, UrbanSteel, SwayStones, Rockman, HelterSkelter (even though we disagree politically), Deltics, CindyC, 71Tele, Timbernadis (all too quiet of late), StonesTod, Little T&A, Erik_Snow, RollingStonesChick92, Adrian-L, Carlitos, and Bingo. Heck I could go on and on, but those are the ones who never seem to fail to bring a smile to my face, and Gazza, UrbanSteel, and Rockman are truly an infinite source of knowledge.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 12, 2010 18:49

VoodooLounge13
Yeah I know what you mean.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 12, 2010 19:15

sweetcharmedlife
VoodooLounge13

I'll solve your problem.

I really love the posts of especially VoodooLounge13 and sweetcharmedlife. I never miss one post of these both posters and the very first thing I do when being here is looking for new posts of both mentioned posters, who outshine all others easily. I'm sure that I'm not the only one, the rest is only too shy to mention those famous names and can't do much better than mentioning the names that already have been mentioned by others. Flock behaviour.

Well, I hope you both feel better now

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 12, 2010 19:25

Thanks fer all the love - not a mofo one! thumbs down

Glad y'all don't know where I live! smileys with beer

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 12, 2010 19:35

kleermaker
sweetcharmedlife
VoodooLounge13

I'll solve your problem.

I really love the posts of especially VoodooLounge13 and sweetcharmedlife. I never miss one post of these both posters and the very first thing I do when being here is looking for new posts of both mentioned posters, who outshine all others easily. I'm sure that I'm not the only one, the rest is only too shy to mention those famous names and can't do much better than mentioning the names that already have been mentioned by others. Flock behaviour.

Not really,but thanks anyway....And Elmo,you always rock.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 12, 2010 19:59

Don't feel bad. With sssoul is the only one who likes me and she's only attracted to my ability to recall information. Try building a relationship off of that. Ah well. You don't have to mean it.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:00

Elmo Lewis

I know where you live! Well, not exactly.

Elmo, I think your post per day ratio is getting low.
You need to spend a bit more time here. smiling smiley

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:15

CindyC
CousinC

Thanx all!

Same here, I never met anyone who knew as much as I did about them - I came here and was greatly humbled. It's to the point now where I almost don't ever answer questions as I'm usually proven wrong - which kind of sucks. What do they say - ignorance is bliss..

I often look for CindyC posts, but sometimes, when scanning through the "last post by" list quickly, I stop at CousinC posts instead....and now, here they are together!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:52

Edith Grove
Elmo Lewis

I know where you live! Well, not exactly.

Elmo, I think your post per day ratio is getting low.
You need to spend a bit more time here. smiling smiley

Yeah, not as much too talk about Stones-wise. Still lurking daily though.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 00:11

Edit Grove and Dandelion Powdeman are my faves
cause they respond to my posts from time to time.
Others usually dont. prob caus i am boring and selforiented.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 13, 2010 03:44

For all of us not mentioned, don't worry, look at the bright side. When it's time for us to cash in our chips, nobody will notice!cool smiley

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: July 13, 2010 04:49

CBII

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 13, 2010 04:52

I like to read mitchflorida's posts. They are thought-provoking and original!

Date: July 13, 2010 19:55

mitchflorida

grinning smiley

I like them too, sometimes. This one for sure.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 13, 2010 19:58

mitchflorida

Well, you're half right!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 13, 2010 20:59

VoodooLounge13

But you & me know we really worth it .......I mean to be mentioned,not to move :-))))

Date: July 13, 2010 21:51

kleermaker

I'll solve your problem.

I guess you've heard of Eiron......Feigning ignorance and humility...obvious answers always ...
I thought you knew the difference between irony and entertaining abruptness.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: July 13, 2010 23:55

SwayStones
kleermaker

I'll solve your problem.

I guess you've heard of Eiron......Feigning ignorance and humility...obvious answers always ...

Ah, ancient Greek! Eirooneia, feigned ignorance (not humility), but in our languages meaning 'mocking saying the opposite of what one means'. Yes, I like irony, also from others. Let me present you a Dutch saying (I know you're interested in foreign languages and also in Dutch): 'Zoals de waard is, vertrouwt hij zijn gasten'. Look it up, it's instructive.
But to the point now:
1. I think it's rather unwise to mention on this board whose posts you like to read. I also didn't do that, but instead praised the uploaders here.
2. One shouldn't care about being (un)popular here or not. That seems rather unwise to me as well.
3. It was indeed a bit of harmless teasing and irony from my side, but I think both posters, being intelligent people, understood that I was only teasing and in fact stating that it's totally irrelevant if someone mentions you as a popular poster or not. So actually I was saying: Dear guys, don't worry about being mentioned here or not. It's of no importance at all and it doesn't make your posts more or less interesting and it doesn't make you (un)happier as well.

PS: This explanation was given without any irony.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 14, 2010 00:18

What I love about you all IORR posters.............. is the diversity, the freaks, the know better, the up loaders, the "as. hol.s" and the funny ones....... they all here because they love the Stones.

Date: July 14, 2010 00:19

Love your posts, Dyri. Keep them coming! smileys with beer

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 14, 2010 01:26

thanks Baard, yours are very fine too ! smiling smiley
Now my daughter and her family has moved to Oslo. one day i will visit them and hopefully go to a Barbariantwins gig ... !

Date: July 14, 2010 13:25

kleermaker
SwayStones
kleermaker

I'll solve your problem.

Ah, ancient Greek! Eirooneia, feigned ignorance (not humility), but in our languages meaning 'mocking saying the opposite of what one means'. Yes, I like irony, also from others. Let me present you a Dutch saying (I know you're interested in foreign languages and also in Dutch): 'Zoals de waard is, vertrouwt hij zijn gasten'. Look it up, it's instructive.
But to the point now:
1. I think it's rather unwise to mention on this board whose posts you like to read. I also didn't do that, but instead praised the uploaders here.
2. One shouldn't care about being (un)popular here or not. That seems rather unwise to me as well.
3. It was indeed a bit of harmless teasing and irony from my side, but I think both posters, being intelligent people, understood that I was only teasing and in fact stating that it's totally irrelevant if someone mentions you as a popular poster or not. So actually I was saying: Dear guys, don't worry about being mentioned here or not. It's of no importance at all and it doesn't make your posts more or less interesting and it doesn't make you (un)happier as well.

'Zoals de waard is, vertrouwt hij zijn gasten': See which way the wind blows ?

Date: July 14, 2010 13:27

kleermaker
1. I think it's rather unwise to mention on this board whose posts you like to read

I enjoy a lot reading the posts here .
I learnt a lot from this board .
I never miss 71tele & Mathjis'posts because there are so many "technical" stuff I don't get ,so it helps !

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 14, 2010 13:56

CousinC

Thanx all!

I could have written exactly the same thing!

Like Marley sings, "good friends we have, good friends we lost..." There are people I miss writing and contributing here. Logie, Kyle M, Eddie the Eagle, ChelseaDrugstore, BaboonBro, LA FORUM... I could go on, the list is actually a long one.

I don't know how long I've been being here, ten years or something, and, many posters feel like familiar friends (most that I - unfortunately - never have met in person but I hope I will as many as possible some day). Thanks to all. The Rolling Stones is an international language we all speak!smileys with beer

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-14 13:57 by Doxa.

Date: July 14, 2010 15:31

SwayStones
kleermaker
SwayStones
kleermaker

I'll solve your problem.

But to the point now:

'Zoals de waard is, vertrouwt hij zijn gasten': See which way the wind blows ?

No, it literally means: As the host is himself, so he does trust his guests.

Date: July 14, 2010 18:46

thanks Baard, yours are very fine too ! smiling smiley
Now my daughter and her family has moved to Oslo. one day i will visit them and hopefully go to a Barbariantwins gig ... !

Great! Let me know if you are in town smileys with beer

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 14, 2010 18:59

I particularly enjoy the guitarists' posts, and the posts of fellow Mick Taylor fans such as 71Tele. Apart from that, it's all somewhat of a blur :-)

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home