Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 30, 2010 00:41

Brue
liddas
Brue
leteyer
Brue
The thing about soccer conquering the U.S. or whatever isn't the fact that not much scoring is involved, but that fact that one person can so utterly change the outcome of the game. Everyone knows who that person is. People in the U.S. are used to instant replay to measure things like whether a ball is in play or not at the very minimum. You know, like Lampard's obvious goal. The stakes are so much higher in soccer because there are less scoring chances. Red cards are ridiculous too. Putting the other team a man down because of a foul makes the game look cheap. 'Look I got hit in my face owww now we get to play a man up for 60 minutes!' Low rent stupidity. There's nothing wrong with soccer, it's the way the games are handled that makes it look like a third-world sport. The power the referees have is just too great, especially for someone who's usually 30 yards from the ball. You have some ref who's 40+ out there trying to chase down Brazilians. Right. Like that's ever gonna happen. There needs to be oversight. It would take all of 20-30 seconds to review an offside call. What comes around goes around doesn't mask the fact that the people that run soccer internationally can't get it right. Soccer's cheap, and it has nothing to do with the way the game is played.

Are you familiar with the Armando Galarraga affair? Are you familiar with the Hochuli rule? Because you seem to say many stupid things here. BTW, what is a Third World sport?.
Ain't nothing stupid about wanting the right call. If it was up to me, they'd have robots and gps systems calling balls and strikes, safe/out calls, holding, offsides calls, goals, and anything else that a human being could screw up. If someone 6,000 miles away can make a call by looking at it with a camera, why should you put up with someone screwing a team over because that's the way it's always been done. It ain't stupid, it's progressive. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with soccer, it's fifa that makes it into a third-world sport. Cheap. No technology. Hey maybe Sepp Blatter can apologize to you when you're team gets screwed. You'd probably like that.

Extend the concept to real life. Would you like living in such a world? (There even was a film on this subject)

C
Sports isn't real life. It's supposed to be the last objective endeavor. All other aspects of life are subjective. People don't want to deal with someone else's bias controlling something when they're watching sports. You watch them to get away from all that. You should win on merit. Ain't no such thing as luck. The more prepared you are, the more breaks go your way. You can look at a piece of art and make a judgement about it based on a certain knowledge, but taste is always in play. You know how you know when someone is good, or a team is good in sports? You look at the scoreboard, and when you have someone subjectively affecting an objective endeavor (it's objective because there are a set of rules both teams follow, and score is kept), it makes it less than ideal.

...i like your sentiment unfortunately it has been compromised....most obviously through the religious affectations of most players who feel that their religious devotion has brough them victory...and never defeat.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 30, 2010 00:49

Pics from today and our friends the paraguayas...
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 30, 2010 00:56

And Exactly today we celebrate in Viena 2 years ago the European Championship and rised that CUP!!!
ESPAÑA!!!
EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!
could we see same final?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:02

carlitosbaez
Hey Ronaldo of all of you have been laughin at Spain!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Oh, beautiful spanish girl!!!

Congratulations Carlitos, España deserved to win the match. Villa is a very good goal player and Iniesta a special player with excellent view of field.

I fully agree with you, there are some good players that has a lot of marketing, inflated by the press, etc. Besides, it's very different to play in a club team than the world cup.

Two questions for you:
1- Villa goal was off-side? It seemed to be
2- Will we meet in the final? I think is too difficult for us

Regards
Alejandro

Date: June 30, 2010 01:22

No offside amigo, no doubt!!!
Where are you from?
I am not gonna say we are going to be champions, but step by step, let´s see..

Carlitos

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:23

Why do they feel the need to go through this expensive, emotionally draining process every 4 years??

Why don't they just send the trophy to Brazil and save everyone all the grief?!hot smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:30

No football for the next 2 days. What to do now ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 30, 2010 01:32

Rolling Hansie
No football for the next 2 days. What to do now ?

You could watch some soccer instead?

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:34

If you look at the other quaterfinals (Germany-Argentina, Brasil - Holland), Spain is lucky to have an easy way...

Date: June 30, 2010 01:42

treaclefingers

Soccer ??? ... What's that ??? smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: June 30, 2010 01:58

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers

It's what you play if there's no football, baseball, basketball, hockey, golf, tennis, bowling, rugby, cricket, or billiards!

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: June 30, 2010 02:03

carlitosbaez
Where are you from?

Carlitos

From Uruguay mi amigo.

Realmente piensas que luego del pase de taco, Villa no está fuera de juego? Han repetido la jugada sin poner más la línea con sombra agregada que indica la posición del jugador pero personalmente creo que estaba inhabilitado.

Considero que cuando los árbitros comenten errores en contra de nuestros intereses no amerita llorar y exponerlo permanentemente, pues luego se da lo contrario y no pedimos la anulación del partido. Recuerda España en el mundial pasado contra Corea. Así es el fútbol.

Aplicar la tecnología para controlar si un balón supera la línea de meta es totalmente lógico, otras cosas son más discutibles.

Mis saludos cordiales
Alejandro

My apologies for the others fans, we have to discuss this in Spanish.
Let's see what happen...

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 30, 2010 02:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-30 02:26 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 30, 2010 07:05

so now ....after watching the greatest players in matches everyday
for two weeks ....now ....we just sit here? ... and wait for the water
to boil .... over? talk about cold turkey. By Friday this is going to
be out of control.

The 8 best teams in 4 serious matches, only 90 minutes, it is going to be great.
Reading world wide papers the seriousness of these games is almost scary. They
are insulting some of these teams and players who did not win as being national disgraces ..... dang ...

All I can say is I hope the refs understand that they better call these properly,
becasue these matches are kind of important, and people may blow a fuse
if they blow a calls at this point. .... BUT .... If they call 7 perfect games
in a row, then everyone will forget about the new technology.

Good skill to all the teams.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-30 07:11 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 30, 2010 07:14

Go Germanysmileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 30, 2010 10:00

First congratulations to Spain and Carlitos. Good game, my friend.
Portugal was playing very defensive. They must have been terrified.
Good of Spain to score the first goal against Portugal this WC.

Now for the quarter finals, four South American countries, three from Europe and one from Africa,
There is a chance we will get all South American semi-finals. Only Chili has been kicked
out of the tournament, by another South American country, that is.

I can't wait to see what happens now. I am still expecting a Brazil-Germany final, like
I predicted in the Church of Iorrians (link.
But it is rather unpredictable. So far Holland and Argentina are the only countries that
won all their games. What will that mean?
And Spain of course. I am sorry for Carlitos, but Spain appeared to be not very effective
in front of the goal. How many shots this tournament and how many goals???
But that being said, Spain is growing into the tournament, where Holland and Brazil
seem to be stuck in decent but predictable paterns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-30 10:04 by marcovandereijk.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 30, 2010 10:04

Very good critic of the World Cup so far Marco. I can't see Germany getting past Argentina and probably Spain although they have a very good team. I don't think Spain are playing to their full potential and that's probably because Torres is not firing on all cylinders. Brazil are very strong but not as dynamic as the old team we have come to love. Holland can spring a surprise perhaps. Can't wait for the those matches. Good luck to Holland.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 30, 2010 10:09

Football or soccer?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 30, 2010 11:00

Argentina and Germany have to play 3 finals to get to the end( their match, than Spain and Brasil in the final), very difficult for them.
Spain yesterday was excellent, they are very strong in every part of the field but they depend too much on Villa; Brasil is Brasil, very solid and concrete, they didn't show nothing specal until now but they got to quarter finals without efforts. Holland is a good team but for me they have no chance against Brasil.
I hope Argentina will win as my team, Italy , went back home already (and they deserved it);it is too easy to be for Brasil, unless you are not brasilian ..

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: June 30, 2010 13:24

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 30, 2010 13:31

I hope that the FIFA will take a look at the action before the red card.
Capdevila is the next Javier Bardem.
Born for playing in Hollywood.

A false red card, an offside goal, yes, congrats Spain !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-30 13:33 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:32

...except of course for the Italians who were last seen diving off the African Continent on their way back home to Italy.

Date: June 30, 2010 17:22

marcovandereijk
Football or soccer?

LOL marco, John Cleese is hilarious. Thanks

-------------------

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 30, 2010 17:35

Football withdrawal symptons ...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 30, 2010 18:41

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 30, 2010 20:00

I saw the game from Tenerife with Spanish people ....great evening ...Viva España !!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 30, 2010 20:03

Classic

Date: June 30, 2010 21:02

Watch out with Paraguay amigo...

Carlitos
Tenerife

electricmud
If you look at the other quaterfinals (Germany-Argentina, Brasil - Holland), Spain is lucky to have an easy way...

Date: June 30, 2010 21:04

I FULLY agree what the F... is SOCCER!!!!!
More than 2.000 million of people call it football and these ones soccer, can´t believe it!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers

Date: June 30, 2010 21:09

I agree with you mi amigo uruguayo, Arriba Uruguay ese Forlán!!!!!!
Technology needs to appear in football of course that´s my opinion, about the off side of Villla, the video says 0,22 cmts, that´s very difficult, but what about the penalty to Torres first half?
Come on, Portugal have better players to do, what they did yesterday, NOTHING!!!
Ronaldo a complety stupid player!!
Carlitos
Tenerife
Surte con URURUGUAY AMIGO!!!!

aralla
carlitosbaez
Where are you from?

Carlitos

From Uruguay mi amigo.

Realmente piensas que luego del pase de taco, Villa no está fuera de juego? Han repetido la jugada sin poner más la línea con sombra agregada que indica la posición del jugador pero personalmente creo que estaba inhabilitado.

Considero que cuando los árbitros comenten errores en contra de nuestros intereses no amerita llorar y exponerlo permanentemente, pues luego se da lo contrario y no pedimos la anulación del partido. Recuerda España en el mundial pasado contra Corea. Así es el fútbol.

Aplicar la tecnología para controlar si un balón supera la línea de meta es totalmente lógico, otras cosas son más discutibles.

Mis saludos cordiales
Alejandro

My apologies for the others fans, we have to discuss this in Spanish.
Let's see what happen...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1926
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home