Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:07

David Villa had to be thrown out for hitting the other player in the face.
Strange referees in this WC so far.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:20

Spain...totally overplayed bunch.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:29

Final, España 2 Vs Honduras 0.

Didn´t like Spain tonite, tired team at the last 20 minutes of the game, I agree, totally overplayed, sometimes with no ideas. Didn´t understand why the coached changed Xavi, Navas should be changed at the second half, Busquets the best one. What else? Watch out with Chile, and Spain should score more goals today. Honduras a modest team, physiqly a fine team, but you know, need sometimes a couple players to unbalance the match.
Too much anxiety in Spain, and I don´t see we pass 1/8 Finals...

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:35

Harm
I love football but man do I hate some of those actors. They are such a bunch of @#$%& sometimes... like that swiss player today, yesterday that a#ss against Kaka... they should be able to suspend them even after the game because their only purpose is to deceive the referee... please go and watch a rugby game and learn how real men behave. Gucci fag#gets

My dear... They should be able to suspend some referees after ...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:41

<Final, España 2 Vs Honduras 0.

Didn´t like Spain tonite, tired team at the last 20 minutes of the game, I agree, totally overplayed, sometimes with no ideas. Didn´t understand why the coached changed Xavi, Navas should be changed at the second half, Busquets the best one. What else? Watch out with Chile, and Spain should score more goals today. Honduras a modest team, physiqly a fine team, but you know, need sometimes a couple players to unbalance the match.
Too much anxiety in Spain, and I don´t see we pass 1/8 Finals...
>

<Carlitos
Tenerife>

Well Carlos,you as a guitar player and a Spanish football supporter can use a little extra:An English and a Spanish guitar virtuoso playing a composition called...Spain cool smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:48

mariannerl
Harm
I love football but man do I hate some of those actors. They are such a bunch of @#$%& sometimes... like that swiss player today, yesterday that a#ss against Kaka... they should be able to suspend them even after the game because their only purpose is to deceive the referee... please go and watch a rugby game and learn how real men behave. Gucci fag#gets

My dear... They should be able to suspend some referees after ...

They do

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 21, 2010 23:59

Amsterdamned, you always post great guitartuff, here I have to write that Paco De Lucia plays much better than Mclaughlin or AL DiMeola.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 22, 2010 00:00

Havo
my hope---Germany VS USA--in the next round
why?

Date: June 22, 2010 00:12

I think so, Paco is DON PACO or SIR PACO....
Pics from today,

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 22, 2010 00:15

And by the moment the best goal of the tournament, Villa, first one...
Carlitos

Date: June 22, 2010 00:16

windmelody
Amsterdamned, you always post great guitartuff, here I have to write that Paco De Lucia plays much better than Mclaughlin or AL DiMeola.

As far as Spanish style (flamenco) is concerned I agree.Paco fits in better in this composition.. Improvising over the chords I think McLaughlin has more depth/jazzy.. I'am no Dimeola fan btw.,he's just fast most of the time,a stuntman so to speak.. Thanks for your reply btw.
.smileys with beer

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 22, 2010 00:18

Max'sKansasCity
Havo
my hope---Germany VS USA--in the next round
why?

I am still praying England can beat Slovenia and qualify, but I really want us to finish second in the group as I have a gig to go to Saturday eveing when the match would be played for the team finishing top

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 22, 2010 00:37

What I´m really worried is the destination of the Korean players, when they return home.The insane Kim Jong Il can even send them to a concentration camp,or something even worst, like it happen in 1966, when the same Korea was defetead with Portugal for 5-3.Its no reason to celebrate football, or anything if such thing happens.Just read the twitts from their football federation [twitter.com] (Thanks Koen ) FIFA and the World should be watching the future of these players and theirs families.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 22, 2010 00:40

These are a hoot!

(with all apologies to our French friends!)

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 22, 2010 00:43

Riffbuk
What I´m really worried is the destination of the Korean players, when they return home.The insane Kim Jong Il can even send them to a concentration camp,or something even worst, like it happen in 1966, when the same Korea was defetead with Portugal for 5-3.Its no reason to celebrate football, or anything if such thing happens.Just read the twitts from their football federation [twitter.com] (Thanks Koen ) FIFA and the World should be watching the future of these players and theirs families.

I wouldn't return home if I was one of them.,but join the former team of Hidung-Gu.. cool smiley

[nos.nl]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 22, 2010 01:09

I remember Milan 2006. Stones in town. Final game. Italy won. Lots of celebration. But what happened to the teams in the final? Just wonder. I am on travel and did not see any games the past few days, except for that strange England game, but hope to see some great games soon. This have been just warm-up so far, but for some teams I am afraid they have to go home before they get warmed up...

Bjornulf

Date: June 22, 2010 01:49

Stadisticly according to FIFA best attacker teams are Spain and Argentina 46 and Argentina 42 shots to goal in this second leg...

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 22, 2010 01:59

kleermaker
Switzerland played ugly and didn't deserve a point. Chile kept on going and had to score more goals. The only goal wasn't off side, because the player standing off side wasn't involved in it at all. It also wasn't 'obstructive off side'.

are you supposed to play nice when you're only 10 players for 60 minutes of the game???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-22 02:52 by guitarbastard.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: June 22, 2010 02:21

Riffbuk
Just read the twitts from their football federation [twitter.com] (Thanks Koen )
Umm... That's a joke.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 22, 2010 02:46

Yeah Freebird! Maybe its a joke, but the concentration camp, back in 1966, together with the insanity of the korean leader, it isn´t a joke. Just search what will happen to the relatives of the players if they seek political asylum while the World Cup is happening. They will be arrested

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 22, 2010 06:02

Riffbuk
Yeah Freebird! Maybe its a joke, but the concentration camp, back in 1966, together with the insanity of the korean leader, it isn´t a joke. Just search what will happen to the relatives of the players if they seek political asylum while the World Cup is happening. They will be arrested

Yeah, well maybe the families of the South Korean sailors at the bottom of the ocean might have a different opinion about having sympathy for these North Korean players and their supposed plight.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 22, 2010 10:16

Can we please keep this thread about football ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 22, 2010 11:40

The Sicilian
Yeah, well maybe the families of the South Korean sailors at the bottom of the ocean might have a different opinion about having sympathy for these North Korean players and their supposed plight.

Whats that got to do with the North Korean footballers exactly ?

Posted by: Christian ()
Date: June 22, 2010 12:01

TooTough
David Villa had to be thrown out for hitting the other player in the face.
Strange referees in this WC so far.

idem for the "other player" who crushed David Villa 's foot just before

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 22, 2010 12:25

I am going to watch the game at 4 pm this afternoon ...I even don't know why .
Even if they put "new blood" or men like Gignac -I mean players who WANT to play & wet their shirt - we have NO chances to win .
And even if such a miracle would happen,the French team don't deserve it.

Quick, the French burger chain, was quick (pardon the pun) to withdraw the advertising campaign it has just launched with the offending striker, Mr Anelka.

Crédit Agricole, one of the French team's sponsors, has also withdrawn its ad campaign featuring national players, while others including Carrefour, SFR and GDF Suez have equally made their displeasure known. GDF Suez was reportedly examining its sponsorship contract "line by line".

And Nike, which is due to replace Adidas as sponsor of the kit in a deal worth more than €40m, must be wondering whether it backed the wrong team.

About the only corporate winner in this unhappy affair may well be Carrefour. The hypermarket chain promised customers who bought its televisions that they would be reimbursed should the French national team scoop the Cup. That now seems virtually impossible.

Winners and losers aside, there are clearly lessons to be drawn from the French affair - and they are not simply for the temperamental players or an inept football federation.

Corporate sponsors too share some of the blame for standing back and allowing a clearly dysfunctional football federation to continue unchallenged. More than most, they are guilty of encouraging the star culture that has helped to boost their own profits but equally encouraged some players to put their own interests above those of the sport or its fans.

Along with the millions that sponsors pump into the system every year - vital to supporting the sport at both professional and amateur level - they have a responsibility to ensure that the money is well invested. Surely that is what companies are supposed to do for a living. Why should it be any different on the field?

european.view@ft.com
.Copyright The Financial Times

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 22, 2010 13:36

well I say 6-1 for Bafanas !

Date: June 22, 2010 15:37

A Brazilian web has posted today these alternatives for Robinho to shave his goatee...

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 22, 2010 15:45

And if you fan of football and lingerie, Real Madrid introduce the new line for women and men...I hope like women over here in IORR´s
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 22, 2010 15:47

guitarbastard
kleermaker
Switzerland played ugly and didn't deserve a point. Chile kept on going and had to score more goals. The only goal wasn't off side, because the player standing off side wasn't involved in it at all. It also wasn't 'obstructive off side'.

are you supposed to play nice when you're only 10 players for 60 minutes of the game???

I guess not. I only saw the last part of the game and didn't know there were only 10 Swiss in the field yet. Forgot to count them. But how about the first 30 minutes? Did the Swiss attack or not? If they did I have to withdraw my comment.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 22, 2010 15:57

carlitosbaez
And if you fan of football and lingerie, Real Madrid introduce the new line for women and men...I hope like women over here in IORR´s
Carlitos
Tenerife
These women's underwears aren't what I call sexy ....winking smileyIt looks like "Petit Bateau" .
Btw,nice pics of the football team you posted above,Carlos .smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2164
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home