Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: OT - Mississppi Delta Abomination Oil Spill
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 5, 2010 19:12

...the beaches are open...come on down to the west coast of Florida and get yourselves some sandy beaches and incredibly sweet seedless watermelon.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 5, 2010 20:14

Rip This
...the beaches are open...come on down to the west coast of Florida and get yourselves some sandy beaches and incredibly sweet seedless watermelon.smiling bouncing smiley
Yes enjoy some Sandy Beaches

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 6, 2010 23:00

tar balls washing up on texas shores. big lake in new orleans contaminated. most of these wetlands will die, as in NEVER recover...and it continues...
that's texas, lousiana, florida, alabama, mississippi...and it continues...
there will be a full solar eclipse mid july; we're in the window now; sometimes these things have effected the tides in such a manner that the tides are affected somehow and science reports increases in geological disturbances etc...
so...who knows how bad. who knows what the goverment knows and is not saying...
who knows how much worse if there are already other ruptures, or if things are exacerbated by tidal events etc...

i mean, this thing is frightening. i don't think we know even half of what's really going on; and what has gone on; and what might be going in the way of evacuation plans etc...nobody knows. it's big trouble. it's not going away.
even when it leaves the major feature status in the press cycles.
it's still bleeding out. there might be other ruptures. it is not contained.
it's still happening. the air polution is thousands of parts per billion in excess of base allowances...there is something going on that nobodys talking about yet.

it's being reported by independent radio journalists i can't confirm, that people in lousiana are very very angry; like very angry. like boiling point scared and angry. i don't know how much of this is true...and not being reported...this thing is bigger than is being reported upon imo. any southerners please write...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-06 23:02 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 6, 2010 23:21

Tar balls in the very extreme eastern part of Lake Pontchartrain (the Northshore, where I live, is the old Gulf Coast of Louisiana before the barrier island south of here became part of what is now New Orleans because of the Mississippi River. It's commonly called the Gulf Coast since it is part of the Gulf). Not a lot by any means compared to the rest of the Gulf Coast but it does raise concern since the lake is up about 2 feet or so right now due to low pressure and tides will go up even more, 2 to 3 feet higher Wednesday, as Invest 96 (over the Yucatan right now) becomes Tropical Storm Bonnie and makes her way towards Texas and pushes more water from the Gulf into the lake.

[www.nola.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 7, 2010 00:08

Beelyboy
it's being reported by independent radio journalists i can't confirm, that people in lousiana are very very angry; like very angry. like boiling point scared and angry. i don't know how much of this is true...

Well, I can confirm this and I think skipstone can too.

People are angry beyond belief, but it ain't just anger.
I think it was in Alabama that a fisherman, or perhaps a charter boat captain, comitted suicide.
He may have had other issues going on as well, but it was reported that this oil disaster put him over the edge.

Yeah, people are angry.
I, personally, would love to put my fist right through Tony Hayward's beady-eyed little ferret-face.

Date: July 7, 2010 01:47

And now to add insult to the massive injury BP has caused, why not open up a boat cleaning yard when the one half a mile away is almost out of business? Why? Because we're BP! Beyond Pondering and Beyond Possibilities is what it means!

[blog.al.com]

Date: July 7, 2010 01:59

Unfortunately it's gotten beyond Tony Dickwad's face that needs to be pummeled. Thad Allen and half of the people that work for BP in the upper (stupid) ranks could use a hellacious beating.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 7, 2010 02:31

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 7, 2010 06:35

Everyone involved could use a hellacious beating!! I see we finally let a skimmer in their 70 some odd days after it started. Way to go once again Barak!! Why is this man getting a free pass on everything????

Date: July 7, 2010 06:47

slew
Everyone involved could use a hellacious beating!! I see we finally let a skimmer in their 70 some odd days after it started. Way to go once again Barak!! Why is this man getting a free pass on everything????
Becuase he didn't drill the @#$%& well that's why. Talk to Dickhead Cheney and his cronies in Haliburton. They're dick deep in this shit.

Date: July 7, 2010 07:17

slew

u can continue to politicize for the next elections as you will.

again; unrefuted; barry was small child when reagan/bush 1 and 2 for eight years. bush/quayle the next four; totaling sixteen years Republican "deregulation" czars in control of executive branch making their own personal fortunes and the world safe for their corporate kind, as a mantra of devout political stance. bush/cheney eight more years of creating an enviornment where the biggest corporations pay no taxes and do unheard of damage AND GET MILLIONS in corporate welfare; the bait and switch hits the media and it's the 'entitlement' class is portrayed as something entirely other than what it truly is in the big game....

i don't care who gets to be president next. this thing would have happened with mccain or hillary clinton or even spokesmodel sarah palin as president. no one is getting a free pass. no one is confusing cheap politics in an unprecedented calamity chock full of haters and second guessers claiming twenty twenty hindsight. i support this president. he's going to need it. he's the president now. the problem is now. the problem was created by the forces your kind of political leanings fostered, encouraged, enabled and granted with impunity and you should look inside your own party as well as the other, for people who put into law these mega nations who actually seem to own the 'country' after all...
just like u wanted.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 7, 2010 08:10

sweetcharmedlife
slew
Becuase he didn't drill the @#$%& well that's why. Talk to Dickhead Cheney and his cronies in Haliburton. They're dick deep in this shit.

...and this too:

Date: July 7, 2010 16:31

Does anyone think that perhaps some of the anti-English language might be because of the shareholders of BP and their complaining?

Perfect political bullshit examples in that Gasland trailer. Yes - the warnings about everything are FALSE! There is no problem! The water is fine!

BP's out of control Macondo well is because of there not being a problem with cutting corners. Because of there not being a problem with doing things wrong. Because of there not being a problem with no plan in place for disaster. Not being a problem - this is the funniest one of all and one would think, for as long as BP has been working on the Macondo well and no one else obviously bothered to read it - that seals, walruses and other animals would not be effected.

They at least got that one right.

Date: July 8, 2010 01:39

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: July 8, 2010 04:43

If any of you Gulf Coaster's know somebody that is pregnant, tell them to get a thousand miles away, now.

Date: July 9, 2010 21:06

Look! That dickhead Suttles actually said something smart! FINALLY Big Polluter is letting Costner's machine get to work:

Kevin Costner's oil skimmer goes to work in fouled Gulf

[www.nola.com]

Date: July 12, 2010 00:31

They have the first part of the new top deal in place. They've still got to put a new BOP on top of that. They will hopefully have the oil turned off ie not flowing/leaking into the Gulf hopefully by...Tuesday? Wednesday?

OK so that's great. But there's a gigantic storm of oil beneath the surface of the Gulf that has to go somewhere. It could take years...who knows. It's A LOT of oil. One could easily estimate 110,000 barrels a day have leaked into the Gulf since April 20th. It's at day 83 right now.

Date: July 12, 2010 13:03

Date: July 14, 2010 01:28

Leaking leaking leaking, the well is still leaking.

Well (no pun intended) it's some kind of progress. WWL had a survey "opinion poll" today about whether or not people feel that this will work. Most are pessimistic about it working. I'm figuring at some point something has to work. After all, Ixtoc 1 was stopped (it took 10 months). This new thing they are doing is what should have been done back in late April/early May to begin with. Never the less, the Macondo well is now burned into Louisiana's history more so than Katrina possibly.

WHY they couldn't figure that out, the phlange removal and replacement with a new BOP, I don't know. But it's so motherfucking obvious it makes me furious.

Oh yeah - tar balls floating by in the lake where I live now. It's going to be a long summer. Gazillions of gallons of oil out there - all of it needing a place to go.

Date: July 15, 2010 09:56

It's really leaking now, back up to the 100,000 some barrels a day since they stopped the two bleed lines.

They sure are taking their sweet time to figure out what they're doing while that thing flows unimpeded into the Gulf.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 15, 2010 22:47

YEEAAAHHH!!!!!
THEY HAVE STOPPED THE LEAK .... I AM SEEING ON TV RIGHT NOW..

My first post on this thread,,,cuz I did not want to say the things I would have..

and BP stock is up $1.25 per share above $37.00 per share ....[bigcharts.marketwatch.com]

They say that there is a danger of other leaks springing, but manOman
I am just happy to NOT BE SEEING THAT LEAK SPEWING EVERY DAY...DAY AFTER DAY. smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-15 22:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 15, 2010 23:55

It's a start. Let's hope it works and they can concentrate on cleaning up the mess that's already out there.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 16, 2010 00:51

AND...Lets hope this industry makes the adjustments REQUIRED
to NOT allow this EVER happen again. If that means people lose
thier jobs or drilling companies go out of business ..then so be it,
but to put the enviroment at risk for money/profit is unacceptable.

I can not believe a "paid off" judge tried to nullify the drilling
moritorium because some companies want to get back to business as usual.
If they NEVER drill another deep water well, and gas goes to $10.00 gallon
then so be it, that just means the electric car will move along even faster.

Date: July 16, 2010 02:20

And....there have been tar balls and today I saw a glob of oil, as did several people, on the lakefront here in Mandeville, LA.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 16, 2010 06:35

I feel deeply sorry for oil spil in the Meican Golf hurting US, but please don't forget Oil Spills in other countries like Nigeria:

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Date: July 16, 2010 12:52

Well, if you need another reason to hate BP, then have a look at this: [www.cbsnews.com]

Date: July 16, 2010 17:40

Chocolate mouse (as in the hair styling...stuff) is what people are calling the floating dispersed oil. I have a picture of it from the lakefront but I can't get it to work for some reason.

Sometimes I hate technology. Especially when I can't figure it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 17:41 by skipstone.

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: July 16, 2010 19:57

From June 28th:

Louisiana Voters Strongly Support Offshore Drilling, Deepwater Drilling

Even as oil washes up on their shores from the still-spewing oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, 79% of Louisiana voters believe offshore oil drilling should be allowed, and nearly as many support deepwater drilling.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Louisiana finds that just 15% do not believe offshore oil drilling should be allowed.

These findings are basically unchanged from early April prior to the eruption of the oil leak.

Drill Baby Drill

Date: July 16, 2010 20:22

To make it clear why Louisiana is still for off shore drilling, the airplane industry doesn't shut down when there is a wreck, nor does the car industry. That's the general attitude that's been going around.

Of course, this is entirely different, it's way more destructive than the other two yet alone toxic and the loss of (all possible - that means all the birds and sea creatures too) life is possibly and will remain unfounded and the Atlantis rig most likely would have become the second leak the way things were going with the wonderful corner cutters at BP. But none of the other oil companies have had any issues that anyone is aware of, this kind of issue, so it is a bit odd to just have such a knee jerk reaction to the point of taking the entire knee off.

Still, the moratorium makes sense in one tragic way - not one company has any kind of emergency plans for what happened and not one company is prepared to handle it. So in that sense it is wise to shut it down, get them to get their shit together and then get on with it.

Of course, the saddest thing about this human nature bullshit is the denial, arrogance and ignorance involved with drilling for oil and it takes a "one in a million" tragedy like this to show that no matter what one thinks or how many numbers ("one hundred year storms" don't happen once in one hundred years, they happen when they happen, and sometimes within ten years, two years in a row or never, depending one what exactly a "one hundred year storm" is, which is bullshit to begin with), reality is reality - and it can be bad. The same mentality happened with the people who stayed for Katrina in Mississippi - "My house survived Camille so I'm fine." WRONG. It doesn't work that way. And those people died.

Date: July 16, 2010 22:44

Ahhhh...so the oil in the lake is NOT from the Macondo well but rather...the restaurant across the street - they dumped cooking oil down the drain...

Sure did look like it though. Exactly like it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home