Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819
Current Page: 19 of 19
Re: OT - Mississppi Delta Abomination Oil Spill
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 1, 2010 17:54

BP's excuse for using their own product.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 17, 2010 00:52

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 17, 2010 01:04

Edith Grove
SwayStones
It was successful I think in breaking the oil but my question was:Is the cure worse than the desease ?

Depends on who you want to believe.

I, personally, don't believe a damn thing our federal government or BP says about this situation.
These people will say absolutely anything to achieve want they want and especially to cover their ass.

Only time will tell how this situation plays out.

I don't believe a damn thing the federal government says about anything and never have!

Date: December 17, 2010 01:34

They've been lying all along. It continues and it will for quite a while. BP is still the most evil of all of it. But I'll just really never understand why the truth can't be said and dealt with. You can't hide such a thing, this kind of disaster, so just suck it up and deal with it truthfully.

Right? Isn't that what responsible people do? Ha ha. That says a lot right there.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 18, 2010 04:08

this is still going.................

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 18, 2010 04:11

slew
this is still going.................

The thread is still going, but the oil ain't and the seafood is fine!

Date: December 18, 2010 04:29

The oil will be washing ashore for a while still. The seafood is a whole other issue. I'm not sure what or who to believe anymore.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 21, 2011 23:43

One year ago today.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 22, 2011 01:13

Shouldn't this thread be titled Mississppi Delta Obamanation Oil Spill?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 22, 2011 01:37

shadooby

No. Don't start with that shit.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 22, 2011 02:13

loog droog
shadooby

POSTED BY LOOG DROOG:

"I think it's a great song.

Too bad the Stones didn't play it at every show when it first came out, before the downturn in W.'s popularity.

Then they could have taken credit for being an influence on society.

It's too bad they chickened out and said it wasn't about Bush. Were they worried about not getting visas or something??"

OR HOW ABOUT THIS RANT ALSO POSTED BY LOOG DROOG

Will Al Gore now run for the White House?
By John Dickerson
Posted Friday, Oct. 12, 2007, at 10:43 AM ET
Al Gore

Al Gore is a winner. Al Gore was right. One of the best things for Al Gore about winning the Nobel Peace Prize is that the sound bites are finally all on his side. For decades the two-term vice president has been championing environmental causes and until recently often received public scorn and derision. Now he's been rewarded with one of the most coveted prizes on the planet.

This reversal in Gore's fortunes is extraordinary. He's not only seen a rolling vindication of his environmental activism as the world becomes more consumed with combating global climate change, but his prewar warnings about the conflict in Iraq now look prescient. Meanwhile, George Bush—the other political scion with whom Gore will forever be linked because of their bitter election fight in 2000—has followed almost exactly the opposite trajectory. Unpopular and increasingly criticized by many in his own party, Bush's legacy will be the broken war. While Gore is lauded for his prescience and insight, Bush will for some time—perhaps forever—be best known for lacking those same qualities.

So, what does Al do with this prize? Wear it around his neck? Gore is meeting today with advisers to discuss how he will channel the new surge of publicity into the cause. One of those advisers told me the award will not change Gore's political calculation. He's just not running. If anything, the prize only puts more momentum behind his global-warming crusade. "It's a great honor for him," said the adviser, "but it's a bigger honor for the issue. It's huge for the issue. Think about how far things have moved in the last couple of years because of his work."

Of course, this could all change as his phone keeps ringing and the petitions to enter the election keep coming in. Many of those advisers helping him deal with the incoming praise, requests, and gold-plated sucking up—"a pleasant dilemma, indeed," as one put it—could certainly turn around in a moment and plot a political campaign.

Gore will have to face the toughest test of political instinct. His father used to joke that politicians usually listen to the one person in the room who wants them to run for higher office—ignoring the other 99 who are all saying, "Don't do it." Gore may now face the reverse situation. Petitions to draft Gore into the race are already circulating. What makes Gore such a powerful force in Democratic politics is that he is also emblematic of an entire set of arguments. For many, his rise is a natural rebuke of the current president, but it's also become a rebuke of the perverted political process in which style is rewarded over substance. This is an argument that Gore expands on and applies to policy in his recent book The Assault on Reason.

The latest polling in early September from CNN had Gore at 13 percent in the Democratic primary field. But polls this summer in Michigan and New Hampshire showed him nearly topping the Democratic field (though there are some questions about the methodology in Michigan and New Hampshire). The latest Gallup poll shows that while many in the Democratic Party may love him, the general picture is more mixed. Fifty percent of the country has a favorable view. Forty-two percent does not. These numbers are fairly meaningless, though, since the polls were taken before Friday morning's news.

There are many other reasons for Gore not to want to run. He is, by all accounts, happy. He's got a great life full of comfort and a stack of opportunities to do good while enjoying the comforts of fame and international renown. "He is now on a different path," his former top strategist Carter Eskew is fond of saying. Even the most popular politician in the world has to suffer through the drudgery of party dinners and frivolous symbolic speeches. Gore always hated that part of the job. Plus, to win the presidency, he'd have to fight Hillary Clinton—which would be ugly.

Even if Gore doesn't run, there will continue to be a race for his endorsement. Advisers say he might endorse, but he also might not. John Edwards put down the first marker for that. I got an e-mail from the Edwards campaign in the same 5 a.m. e-mail dump that brought the news alert that Gore had won. (As of 10 a.m., he was still winning the suck-up race, with no other competition among his rivals.)

For Gore's critics, today will be a day to rail, reiterating that global warming is a myth and the prize a purely political act. What did his actions have to do with peace? Is he really as great as Martin Luther King Jr., who also won the prize? The tide of popular sentiment will be against these naysayers. Some might have a point, but the majority of them will probably look lonely and bitter. They will be ridiculed for their obtuse views and maybe even parodied on Saturday Night Live as flat-earth wackos. They will, in short, have an opportunity to feel what it used to be like being Al Gore.

AND YOU CRITICIZE ME FOR A SHORT LITTLE QUIP? I GUESS AS LONG AS IT FITS, YOU ARE A FRIGGIN HYPOCRITE!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-22 02:22 by shadooby.

Date: April 22, 2011 02:28

shadooby

AND YOU CRITICIZE ME FOR A SHORT LITTLE QUIP? !

Yes.

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 22, 2011 16:18

Is this bitch-fight still going on?

Accidents happen. The oil dried up. The seafood is fine. There are some people still waiting to get their businesses back in order but those hurt the most in this "disaster" are Obama, his hysteria-mongers and the usual cadre of capitalism haters. Their credibility took a major hit.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: April 22, 2011 16:34

Was is George Bush's fault?

Date: April 22, 2011 18:38

R
Is this bitch-fight still going on?

Accidents happen. The oil dried up.

No it didn't. It's still coming ashore in a lot of places nor has it just "dried up" or gone away. Land is disappearing on the Gulf Coast of Louisiana because the oil has killed the marsh grass. There's A LOT of oil in the Gulf still. It doesn't just dry up or go away.

Accidents happen? This was no accident. It is the fault 100% of greed by BP. Ignorance and cutting corners caused this "accident".

R
The seafood is fine.

Not for Louisiana oystermen. All the oysters right now being sold in New Orleans and across LA are from Texas in the places I've had oysters as well as what one can read in a newspaper etc. There are no LA oysters being served. There are very little oysters in LA because they're all dead. A lot of shrimpers are still not back in business. BP has done nothing but lie about "making it right".

R
There are some people still waiting to get their businesses back in order but those hurt the most in this "disaster" are Obama, his hysteria-mongers and the usual cadre of capitalism haters. Their credibility took a major hit.

Your view on this is scrude. The people most hurt by this disaster are the people that got scrude by BP's shitmindedness and their refusal to do anything about it for three months plus their refusal to help keep the people's businesses that got scrude because of BP's arrogance. BP should be eliminated from the planet. Worst Business Ever. Yes I know there are other people involved that helped make it so scrude, like the Coast Guard, the EPA, NOAA and the US Government but it starts and ends with BP.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 22, 2011 19:55

[www.nola.com]

BP reached an unprecedented agreement with five Gulf Coast states and two federal agencies Thursday to make a $1 billion advance payment for restoration projects to compensate for damage to natural resources caused by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.The money will go to the Natural Resource Trustees for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, which includes the states of Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and Texas, the Department of the Interior and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

The trustees will use the money to pay for projects such as rebuilding coastal marshes, replenishing damaged beaches, conservation of sensitive areas for ocean habitat for injured wildlife, and restoring barrier islands and wetlands.

Another $4 million was to pay to place oyster cultch -- shell material on which oyster larvae grow -- in public oyster beds that were decimated after the state opened freshwater diversions along the Mississippi River in an attempt to keep oil from going ashore.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: April 22, 2011 20:05

shadooby
loog droog
shadooby

POSTED BY LOOG DROOG:

Too bad the Stones didn't play it at every show when it first came out, before the downturn in W.'s popularity.

It's too bad they chickened out and said it wasn't about Bush. Were they worried about not getting visas or something??"

By John Dickerson
Al Gore

Al Gore is a winner. Al Gore was right. One of the best things for Al Gore about winning the Nobel Peace Prize is that the sound bites are finally all on his side. For decades the two-term vice president has been championing environmental causes and until recently often received public scorn and derision. Now he's been rewarded with one of the most coveted prizes on the planet.

This reversal in Gore's fortunes is extraordinary. He's not only seen a rolling vindication of his environmental activism as the world becomes more consumed with combating global climate change, but his prewar warnings about the conflict in Iraq now look prescient. Meanwhile, George Bush—the other political scion with whom Gore will forever be linked because of their bitter election fight in 2000—has followed almost exactly the opposite trajectory. Unpopular and increasingly criticized by many in his own party, Bush's legacy will be the broken war. While Gore is lauded for his prescience and insight, Bush will for some time—perhaps forever—be best known for lacking those same qualities.

So, what does Al do with this prize? Wear it around his neck? Gore is meeting today with advisers to discuss how he will channel the new surge of publicity into the cause. One of those advisers told me the award will not change Gore's political calculation. He's just not running. If anything, the prize only puts more momentum behind his global-warming crusade. "It's a great honor for him," said the adviser, "but it's a bigger honor for the issue. It's huge for the issue. Think about how far things have moved in the last couple of years because of his work."

Of course, this could all change as his phone keeps ringing and the petitions to enter the election keep coming in. Many of those advisers helping him deal with the incoming praise, requests, and gold-plated sucking up—"a pleasant dilemma, indeed," as one put it—could certainly turn around in a moment and plot a political campaign.

Gore will have to face the toughest test of political instinct. His father used to joke that politicians usually listen to the one person in the room who wants them to run for higher office—ignoring the other 99 who are all saying, "Don't do it." Gore may now face the reverse situation. Petitions to draft Gore into the race are already circulating. What makes Gore such a powerful force in Democratic politics is that he is also emblematic of an entire set of arguments. For many, his rise is a natural rebuke of the current president, but it's also become a rebuke of the perverted political process in which style is rewarded over substance. This is an argument that Gore expands on and applies to policy in his recent book The Assault on Reason.

The latest polling in early September from CNN had Gore at 13 percent in the Democratic primary field. But polls this summer in Michigan and New Hampshire showed him nearly topping the Democratic field (though there are some questions about the methodology in Michigan and New Hampshire). The latest Gallup poll shows that while many in the Democratic Party may love him, the general picture is more mixed. Fifty percent of the country has a favorable view. Forty-two percent does not. These numbers are fairly meaningless, though, since the polls were taken before Friday morning's news.

There are many other reasons for Gore not to want to run. He is, by all accounts, happy. He's got a great life full of comfort and a stack of opportunities to do good while enjoying the comforts of fame and international renown. "He is now on a different path," his former top strategist Carter Eskew is fond of saying. Even the most popular politician in the world has to suffer through the drudgery of party dinners and frivolous symbolic speeches. Gore always hated that part of the job. Plus, to win the presidency, he'd have to fight Hillary Clinton—which would be ugly.

Even if Gore doesn't run, there will continue to be a race for his endorsement. Advisers say he might endorse, but he also might not. John Edwards put down the first marker for that. I got an e-mail from the Edwards campaign in the same 5 a.m. e-mail dump that brought the news alert that Gore had won. (As of 10 a.m., he was still winning the suck-up race, with no other competition among his rivals.)

For Gore's critics, today will be a day to rail, reiterating that global warming is a myth and the prize a purely political act. What did his actions have to do with peace? Is he really as great as Martin Luther King Jr., who also won the prize? The tide of popular sentiment will be against these naysayers. Some might have a point, but the majority of them will probably look lonely and bitter. They will be ridiculed for their obtuse views and maybe even parodied on Saturday Night Live as flat-earth wackos. They will, in short, have an opportunity to feel what it used to be like being Al Gore.

AND YOU CRITICIZE ME FOR A SHORT LITTLE QUIP? I GUESS AS LONG AS IT FITS, YOU ARE A FRIGGIN HYPOCRITE!

There are so many threads to quote here. But it has been a year and all the tree huggin Neal Young fans have had their soap box.

But now after all the hype we have found mother earth has taken care of herself. the oil is gone (by the way it came from the earth anyway) no disaster, no extinct waterfowl. I say it's time to bring on ANWAR and lower those gas prices.

God bless the Rolling Stones

God bless Exxon (stock holder)

and God bless my 42' twin diesel Betram fishing boat in the Gulf of Mexico named the Voodoo Lounge. smoking smiley

Date: April 22, 2011 20:36

shadooby

Did I mention the foam at your mouth is showing?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 22, 2011 21:09

GADAWG
shadooby
loog droog
shadooby

POSTED BY LOOG DROOG:

By John Dickerson
Al Gore

There are so many threads to quote here. But it has been a year and all the tree huggin Neal Young fans have had their soap box.

But now after all the hype we have found mother earth has taken care of herself. the oil is gone (by the way it came from the earth anyway) no disaster, no extinct waterfowl. I say it's time to bring on ANWAR and lower those gas prices.

and God bless my 42' twin diesel Betram fishing boat in the Gulf of Mexico named the Voodoo Lounge. smoking smiley
Another worthless piece of shit pondscum heard from. Go suck on an exhaust pipe.

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 22, 2011 21:15

mickscarey

But of course.

Date: April 23, 2011 01:49

R
mickscarey

But of course.

Oh and God bless both President Bush's

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2011 06:44

GADAWG
shadooby
loog droog
shadooby

POSTED BY LOOG DROOG:

By John Dickerson
Al Gore

dude, you don't even have a clue of what a great example you are of the problem.

Date: April 23, 2011 16:04

treaclefingers
GADAWG
shadooby
loog droog
shadooby

POSTED BY LOOG DROOG:

By John Dickerson
Al Gore

dude, you don't even have a clue of what a great example you are of the problem.

and how much was your bonus this year. That's why I love working for a public company at the corporate level.

Looking forward to the next Stones Tour. Hope the ticket prices are over $1,000.00 a piece and printed on paper made from virgin timber.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2011 16:54

GADAWG
treaclefingers
GADAWG
shadooby
loog droog
shadooby

POSTED BY LOOG DROOG:

By John Dickerson
Al Gore

and how much was your bonus this year. That's why I love working for a public company at the corporate level.

Looking forward to the next Stones Tour. Hope the ticket prices are over $1,000.00 a piece and printed on paper made from virgin timber.

I have my own company and I believe that I'm probably more successful than you are.
But regardless, when I read comments like yours, it is no wonder your poor country is in a downward spiral. I actually feel bad for you.

Date: May 13, 2011 18:26

I don't know if you already saw this video ,man ,that looks bad.sad smiley

I would like to know though what were the results of the samples in the test-tubes he shows in the video .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: May 13, 2011 18:43

If I recall that was algae in the Gulf, not oil.

Date: May 13, 2011 22:33

skipstone
If I recall that was algae in the Gulf, not oil.

confused smiley

Well I can't tell but as far as I got it ,the man who posted that video on YT wrote <<We’ll, here we are… the Oil Spill has been declared over. Although permits will not be issued for some time and new safety changes will not be considered until after elections, the moratorium has been lifted. And while some fishermen have to drag their catch through oil to get em in the boat, fisheries have been declared safe. The Coast Guard now calls oil slicks algae while BP workers bury dead fish washing up on Grand Isle.<<

[www.dirtycajuns.com]

Truth or not ?Is it crap ?
I'd like to know what stuff was on the test-tubes ,though .
Although I should mind about "my" own Mediterranean sea" ...South of France smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: May 15, 2011 22:37

A fantastic display of what it means to be spineless:

[www.wwltv.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819
Current Page: 19 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home