Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New Keith Interview in UK magazine 'The Word'
Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: May 14, 2011 15:55

Not sure if it's been posted before but there's a new Keith interview in the latest issue of 'The Word'

If someone tells me how to put scanned pictures up I will try to do it

Re: New Keith Interview in UK magazine 'The Word'
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 14, 2011 16:15

PUT UP! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-14 16:16 by dcba.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 14, 2011 16:50

[www.iorr.org]

Scroll down to "How to publish a picture on the IORR forum pages" section.

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: May 14, 2011 18:16

Let's see if I can get this right!

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: May 14, 2011 18:20

Thanks. Great!!

Posted by: Jehtie ()
Date: May 14, 2011 18:26

Thanks, monkeymark. Looks awesome.

Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: May 14, 2011 19:56

yes, thanks for posting - much appreciated.

Nice to hear from Keith that the fingers still work ... they look sore as hell.

Bring on the Winos!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 14, 2011 19:59

Fantastic! All's well, that ends well! Looks like there is no end in sight for our beloved Rolling Stones after all! On with the show!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 14, 2011 20:02

Thanks for sharing that. Great read.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 14, 2011 21:30

Thanks for posting. It's interesting this take on Keith's 'theatricality'. Other than his mode of dress, I don't think of Keith being particularly expressive on stage until the 90s. He seems almost painfully shy early on. It might have been hard to compete with not only Mick, but Brian's almost desperate attempts for attention in the first few years. It seems the necessity of his solo tour began to bring this side of Keith out more and also brought him out to the public eye. He's made himself into a more interesting interview than Mick is now.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: May 14, 2011 21:47

Jehtie
Thanks, monkeymark. Looks awesome.

+1. Great stuff.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 14, 2011 21:59

monkeymark
Let's see if I can get this right

You surely did. Thanks.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 14, 2011 22:05

It's good to read that Keith's arthritis is of the benign type, it doesn't hurt and it doesn't really affect his ability to play the guitar.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 14, 2011 22:31

Yep lots of wisdom in that interview. Keith ain't dead yet! thumbs up

Thx for the scans Monkeymark!

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: May 14, 2011 22:34

The Stones
It's good to read that Keith's arthritis is of the benign type, it doesn't hurt and it doesn't really affect his ability to play the guitar.

That is great to hear. I assumed it didn't hurt. Those fingers have looked pretty bad since about '92, but seemed to work. I guess I just read so many opinions on iorr about Keith's "debilitating arthritis" that it was nice to hear him verbally address the subject.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 14, 2011 22:36

Thanks very much for posting this. Mark Ellen is a good interviewer, I always liked his Old Grey Whistle Test interviews (not as good as Bob Harris mind!) and I think in this interview he hasked some really interesting stuff, and Keith appears to give grounded answers on most. What I don't get is why he wasn't asked the obvious, are you intending to tour again and if so when will that be?! But good news about his fingers at least that gives a bit of hope and the fact he has actually spoke with Jagger, although it doesn't sound like they are that close....but hey, we'll see!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 14, 2011 23:23

It's a good interview, and that they were talking with Mick is a good sign.
Keith said that all the negative stuff he wrote about Mick was necessary, because who else will say it all?
But the fact that in recent years the affection for Jagger has been in constant decline. I feel that Mick is a man who people love to hate. He can't make anything right. I haven't read anything good about him (in the British press in particular)
And the main contributor to this reassessment was not one but Keith Richards.
He can't help himself and goes on kicking the man that everybody trying to prick as hard as they can without him.
This is no less a betrayal than Mick's desire to issue a solo album in the 80s.

By the way, Richards working on his solo album now - isn't it a betrayal?

Date: May 14, 2011 23:28

proudmary
I feel that Mick is a man who people love to hate.

confused smiley ??? HUH ??? confused smiley

-------------------

Date: May 14, 2011 23:39

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
I feel that Mick is a man who people love to hate.

confused smiley ??? HUH ??? confused smiley

huh, and you're saying that understanding is my problem?!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 14, 2011 23:39

Nice interview. I remember trying to get into cole porter, irving berlin and so on myself, but I never got very far, as it all sounded a bit cheesy to my untrained ears.
Anybody here know what recordings Keith thinks about?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 14, 2011 23:40

thanks for posting....the admission from KR that MJ was hurt is new information....I also don't trust in KR take that its water under 2 bridges....can't wait to hear the other's take...I hope they can overcome their differences...they are better together than apart musically and especially when KR actually has something new to contribute

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 14, 2011 23:41

Cole Porter will almost certainly be 'I get a Kick out of You.'

Date: May 14, 2011 23:42

proudmary
huh, and you're saying that understanding is my problem?!

Good one smileys with beer

-------------------

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 14, 2011 23:48

Can't give up on the Stones

Fingers still work

Talked to Mick 2 weeks ago.....................................................................................................................TOUR !

it's all good !

sc uk

Date: May 14, 2011 23:54

dcba
Yep lots of wisdom in that interview. Keith ain't dead yet! thumbs up

Thx for the scans Monkeymark!

Yes, and it sounds like if he has it his way the "bus" is gonna keep right on rollin until the wheels come off!

Also, nice to hear him say that the main reasons he keeps going is not only because he is addicted to performing but that he doesn't want to let us (his fans) down. Like I have been saying, the man has a heart of pure gold.

Even nicer to hear that he saw Mick just a couple of weeks ago and that they shared a laugh over his "it's all water under the bridges" comment and that Mick is as thick skinned as a Rhino.

Yeah, this interview pretty much answers any questions I had as to whether they would ever work together again or whether the Stones would ever perform together again as a band. Can't wait for the summer of 2012, it's going to be blast!

Date: May 15, 2011 00:08

Rip This
thanks for posting....the admission from KR that MJ was hurt is new information....I also don't trust in KR take that its water under 2 bridges....can't wait to hear the other's take...I hope they can overcome their differences...

Yeah,water under 2 bridges and you're still whining about it
But apparently the events evolved over time which has passed from this interview.
Mick probably at this time was not as thick skinned as a Rhino, and now Richards recording his solo album.That's because he can't give up on the Stones
Amazing hypocrite this man!

Date: May 15, 2011 01:11

proudmary
Rip This
thanks for posting....the admission from KR that MJ was hurt is new information....I also don't trust in KR take that its water under 2 bridges....can't wait to hear the other's take...I hope they can overcome their differences...

Yeah,water under 2 bridges and you're still whining about it
But apparently the events evolved over time which has passed from this interview.
Mick probably at this time was not as thick skinned as a Rhino, and now Richards recording his solo album.That's because he can't give up on the Stones
Amazing hypocrite this man!

I said this a long time ago, but I think it bears repeating. I think Keith's book (though somewhat painful to Mick) will ultimately bring these guys closer together in the years to come. The fact that they saw each other, spoke to one another, and shared a laugh over what is obviously a sensitive subject is a step in the right direction. Sometimes a step back can be a springboard to many steps forward. Let's hope that turns out to be the case with Mick and Keith.

In a perfect world they probably would have agreed to counseling or just sat down in private and worked things out between themselves. Someone around here once said that is not the "British Way" of dealing with these types of problems, but since I am not British, I can't speak to that. I do know one thing, (from experience) and that is that it's most always best in these types of matters to get as many pieces of the puzzle (in this case the truth) out on the table first before you try and put it all back together, that old saying, "the truth will set you free".

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: May 15, 2011 03:54

I can't believe any of you ever thought there was a serious rift between the Glimmers and there would not be a tour or a record or both.

I've only been posting here for the last year or so, does everyone always say everything is finished whenever they are between tours?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2011 04:48

stonescrow
[I said this a long time ago, but I think it bears repeating. I think Keith's book (though somewhat painful to Mick) will ultimately bring these guys closer together in the years to come. The fact that they saw each other, spoke to one another, and shared a laugh over what is obviously a sensitive subject is a step in the right direction.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, its not a 'fact' at all.

Its something one of them said to a journalist. There's no evidence that his account of Mick's 'reaction' is accurate or truthful.

I'm not saying it is or it isn't, just that from past experience I wouldnt take something said in an interview at face value.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-15 04:50 by Gazza.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 15, 2011 05:25

KeefintheNight82
I can't believe any of you ever thought there was a serious rift between the Glimmers and there would not be a tour or a record or both.

I've only been posting here for the last year or so, does everyone always say everything is finished whenever they are between tours?
When your 65 and haven't toured in 4 years and had trouble selling tickets on the last tour.Yes.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home