Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT ; Finaly they did it , they closed my YouTube account , 1150 video's gone,
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 24, 2010 00:33

CindyC
WTF - how did I miss two postings like that! Very embarrassing - i'm deleting it.

Sorry!

Cindy -- don't delete. if you missed it other people will too. It's a good idea. And I loved this unique idea of yours...

CindyC
Or we can just tag the videos with a word that means nothing to anyone but us so that when we search we can find them - something cool - i can't think of anything tho.

Re: OT ; Finaly they did it , they closed my YouTube account , 1150 video's gone,
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 24, 2010 00:47

Thanks Jos for all the pleasure you gave us all over the past few months.
This sort of thing reminds me a bit of the way they treated pirate radio in the 60's.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 24, 2010 01:02

ABKCO needs to hire you to take care of promo. you'd have about a million reference letters. hold out for the real money.

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: April 24, 2010 04:06

Why the heck are people blaming YouTube? This ABKCO's greed all of the way.

Why should they give Stones songs away for free when fools will pay $50 for some repackaged stones album.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 24, 2010 05:01

What Bunch Of F*cking bullshit!!

Posted by: robertcharles ()
Date: April 24, 2010 05:30

Why? i don.t know why.Always watchin you,r tubes,tell me

roberto

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 24, 2010 10:30

and now ABCKO deleted bootleg concert version of JJF from 2003. -_-

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 24, 2010 12:03

All the work and time you have put into this!
I'm really sorry for you, Jos!
Put on Neil Young's: " Don't Let It Bring You Down"; maybe it helps a bit!?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 24, 2010 12:45

Finger print file, keeps me down, keeps me runnin...

Bummer! And really unnecessary! Urban you are the model of what a true fan is, you share, and share with great pleasure. I honor your efforts and am disgusted they shafted us all. Thanks for your guiding light! Keep faith!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 24, 2010 16:58

It is very very sad. I'm very sorry Urban.sad smiley
A Big thanks for all the great stuff you gave to us.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 24, 2010 22:29

Generally thank you very much for all your gifts you have presented to us in the last years! Best wishes RJ.

Posted by: saulsurvivor ()
Date: April 24, 2010 22:35

Thank you for all of your hard work and the incredible stuff you made available to so many people.

One thing is for certain; if the band ever does get around to opening the vaults, they won't do it half as well as you did.

Thank you!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 24, 2010 23:00

That's the Stones nowadays,no music,no compassion for people who want to enjoy them for free.They are only interested in money.They only plunder your purse cool smiley

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: April 25, 2010 01:05

HopeYouGuessMyName
I do not know why you were looking for an explanation.
Is it not self-evident.
More interesting, is why they let so many postings survive at all.
I love the youtube videos.
When I was a kid, I saw the Stones on the once in a blue moon occassion that they appeared on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert or some other similar forum.
It is amazing that these video were 'allowed' to remain on youtube so long.
It is not amazing that they were wiped clean.
Do not misunderstand my posting... It was cool when they were available and inevitable that they would be removed.

I feel the same way. I'm in no way knocking Urban Steel, and I see nothing wrong with his postings on youtube, but it's obvious that UMG felt that they were copyright infringements, which I think is bullshyte, and/or a threat to their current products, which is also bullshyte. But to be surprised by this I don't get, it was likely to happen at some point. I also doubt the Stones were directly involved. I'm not saying Mick would (or wouldn't) approve, I just doubt it came from them.

I honestly think that the companies that pull this crap need to start seeing this for what it really is- 100% free advertising.

I read this week that youtube started pulling the "youtube @#$%&" videos because of the company that owns the film, which, by the way, is called Downfall. The thing is, I actually went out of my way to rent this film because of these videos. I was so fascinated by that same scene being used, in often brilliant and hilarious ways, over and over for so many different scenarios that I looked it up on wikipedia, found it to be interesting, and rented it from Netflix, despite the fact that it's over two hours long and has subtitles. Normally if a film is not in English and has subtitles I'm not interested, but in this case I felt I had to see this movie. And I loved it, I thought it was a great film (and just in case anyone is wondering, I am NOT a Nazi sympathizer, and did not see the film in that way).

Granted, the company did not get much money from my Netflix rental, but it's more than they would have gotten if I'd never seen the videos on youtube. The company however, says they have seen no increase in revenue since the videos became so popular. Obviously I don't expect my rental to make a difference, but surely I'm not the only one who did so after seeing the videos. Then again, maybe most everybody else just downloaded it illegally.

Either way, the videos on youtube made me rent a movie I never would have rented otherwise, and that I will suggest others see if the topic comes up. Which I will do now. If you've seen the videos but not the movie and are curious about it, I say rent it, or buy if that's your thing, it's actually a very good movie.

By the way, the director of Downfall loves the videos and had no problem with them, it's the company that owns the film that called for them to be pulled.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 25, 2010 01:42

Yes, I love those parodies of Der Untergang... Some of them are just outright brilliant!

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: April 25, 2010 09:07

FreeBird
Yes, I love those parodies of Der Untergang... Some of them are just outright brilliant!

And again, I never would have watched Der Untergang/Downfall if not for the parodies. If that happened with a movie, you can't tell me the same thing doesn't happen with music.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 25, 2010 16:46

this sucks big time, it was a pleasure watching these videos, whats the problem anyway most of the stuff is unofficial so why would they care?I dont understand why is it ok to watch satisfaction live from houston 81 but not from seattle 81?????????????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-25 17:00 by melillo.

Posted by: Voodoohat ()
Date: April 25, 2010 17:23

Thank you Jos for all the work,love and passion you put in this.
keep up the faith. We love you all.

V O O D O O H A T

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 25, 2010 18:37

DALLAS 89 IS OK BUT LA 89 IS NOT?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 27, 2010 13:58

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-22 20:12 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 27, 2010 17:15

UrbanSteel
Finaly they give me information , and yes , it was from sweet old ABKCO for the video clip "Satisfaction" from the DVD Tattoo EU 1982 .

Bastards!! angry smiley

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 28, 2010 10:17

boogie1969
FreeBird

And again, I never would have watched Der Untergang/Downfall if not for the parodies. If that happened with a movie, you can't tell me the same thing doesn't happen with music.

Here's an article on the Downfall removal:
[www.slate.com]

The new YouTube with those pop-up ads and copyright controls is the end of an era. Urban Steel posted so many wonderful clips of the Stones that I had never seen, or hadn't seen in years. It was great while it lasted, but the Wild West days are over.

There was a Robert Redford movie that came out in 1975 called The Great Waldo Pepper that took place during the early days of aviation, when pilots flew biplanes across the midwest and would land in fields, draw a crowd (who had never seen a plane before) and then put on an impromptu show for money that would include crazy stunts like someone wing walking. At the end they're busted and grounded, and informed that a new regulatory agency--the FAA--is now in charge, and they can't fly like they used to. Now there are rules. The freedom is gone.

I guess with something like planes, it had to happen. And some would say the same about copyrighted material.

Sad, but the old YouTube just couldn't last. But it was fun while it did.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 28, 2010 10:52

guitarbastard
soon, the freedom in the internet will be gone, just because lawyers and big money hungry companies will take complete controll. ç%&%ç%ç THEM ALL!
quote]

This has been my general attitude towards the real side of bands like... any rich, old 'bands' that act more like corporations than musicians. These Walmart/Best But/Whatever "artists" make me sick.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 11, 2010 16:34

They closed my youtube account a few months ago, too. I was the user named RockCityAnger in youtube and I also had a lot of Stones videos and about 1600 suscribers. I logged on one day and suddenly it was all gone. I hate Abko.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: June 11, 2010 16:48

I won't ever be buying anything from ABKCO ever again!!!!!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 11, 2010 17:12

Not sure how ABKCO can just get things removed when they haven't sold any of these nor do they own the recordings I would think. They're not making money so how is it copyright infringement? There's no money being exchanged!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1968
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home