Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT ; Finaly they did it , they closed my YouTube account , 1150 video's gone,
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 23, 2010 17:34

Dude... I seriously can't believe they did that. I had your profile bookmarked. It was a treasure trove of gems.

Thank you for all the videos. I for one greatly enjoyed your uploads.

Thankfully they can't shut down your dedication to this site!

Re: OT ; Finaly they did it , they closed my YouTube account , 1150 video's gone,
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2010 17:58

scottkeef
When are the "Powers that be",whovever they are gonna realize that videos like these actually KEEP interest in the band and promote their product!! Utterly stupid!
100% true

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 23, 2010 18:09

This sucks, I mean all this work and time. But thanks any way for all those hours and hours of videos!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 23, 2010 18:21

@#$%& @#$%& @#$%& @#$%& ANY OLD TIME!!!!@#$%& @#$%& THEM ALL!!!!

- Doxa

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 23, 2010 18:29

YouTube was a nice place to be when they started the same goes for Google and all other commercialized places...they decide what you can see or find.

I feel sorry for Urban, maybe you can find an other place

Posted by: StrawberryFields ()
Date: April 23, 2010 18:32

Buddy,

It really was too good to be true so it lasted much longer than expected and it was indeed the best free Stones stuff ever. Man's hard work is always appreciated.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 23, 2010 18:37

at the same time you can find hundreds of nazi-boolshit clips...
really FUCKE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
yesterday i wanted to see a clip about the 4 goals of messi against arsenal. it was taken aways for whatever terms of use bullshit.

youtube used to be fun. those times are over.....

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: April 23, 2010 18:41

Those bastards!

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 18:53

Sorry UrbanSteel, all the good work you've done gone. That sucks. And bad news for us who had many of your videos aso favourites.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 23, 2010 19:04

Sorry for my late answer, just came back from work.

The worst news of the day ! angry smiley
You got a PM Jos .

Bad times really ...
Some people still don't get what's IN and OUT for the fans.
I couldn't believe it and I'm speechless of course!
Hours and days of work ruined...by business and suckers!
It was a real labor of love and I think we'll never seen a High quality Channel
like this one before years !

HMN

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 19:04

I am sorry UrbanSteel, you did a great job and I personally discovered a lot of Stones' gems I would not come accross otherwise. Just like many others did of course.

Your work did a lot of good and it is a shame it could not last. Shame on the peple who are only driven by greed and money in anything they do. But still...your youtube stuff was pretty much only bootlegs, so no real money could not be involved. It is sad and hard to understand.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 23, 2010 19:31

Yes it's hard to understand when it concerns bootlegs. Pure advertising for the official stuff. Jos, you know already I'm very sorry for you and for the people who enjoyed or could have enjoyed all that Stones stuff. But the uploads on IORR still stand! And they are like a cathedral!

Btw: Eagle Rock didn't remove my video (MR from L&G), it only made it inaccessible for many (not even all) countries because of the planned release of L&G. That's very understandable and I got no warning from YT. But ABCKO recently removed a bootleg video of Love In Vain and I got a warning from YT. They said that after 3 warnings they would remove my account. Well, that can happen any time now. But my account can't stand in the shadow of the account Jos had, of course.

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 19:54

I feel for you. I deleted my account after most videos I uploaded got deleted and the new ones I tried to upload would upload without sound (copyright reasons).

Shame. All the stuff I cannot share with anybody eye rolling smiley

NO FUUUUN TO BE ALOOONEEEE...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-23 19:56 by nkt44.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 23, 2010 19:58

YouTube just lost a great collection of Stones videos by deleting UrbanSteel's awesome collection. I learned of a lot of boots by visiting his channel.

UrbanSteel...would you try to rebuild again...or is that it?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 23, 2010 20:08

Keep a lower profile next time... fewer videos... fly under radar...
Add "Courtesy of ...." in the video description

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: April 23, 2010 20:16

I'm so sorry this has happened, what idiots they are...

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: April 23, 2010 20:18

Hi Jos,

what a huge throwback, I feel so sorry. Anyway, please continue your outstanding work. Let the good times roll!

Matti

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 23, 2010 21:14

Sadly that this happened! You put so much work in your YouTube Channel with so many good stuff!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 21:24

This is terrible...thank you for all the great videos...
But what is the reasoning behind this?...I mean if most of these videos are not even officialy released and probably won't be (except for the Exile related ones)...and are mostly bootlegs...what the hell can they win by doing this?

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: April 23, 2010 21:32

This is heartbreaking.

Urban Steel, I am deeply grateful for all the joy and enlightenment your efforts provided all of us. I am beyond disgusted with the news that it is all gone. Annihilated. The Vampire Muppets of Corporate Law have desecrated and vaporized a place of excitement and enjoyment...whatever vacuous, self-negating rules they may have been complying to, may God and Satan both damn them all to hell. And if the Stones had anything to do with this (and if this is true then I am done with the @#$%&) may they also rot in Satan's cellar.

Your efforts are honored by all of us. We are all in your debt.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: April 23, 2010 21:43

Fook!! angry smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 23, 2010 21:49

I'm so sorry to hear this...I was a subscriber.

Not many people read my post about youtube a couple of weeks ago, but there are major shifts happening over there.

These shifts in business model and approach have been happening since Google bought youtube last year.

Youtube is moving away from a populist democratic model of it being about YOU (i.e., youtube) and us --- and more toward paid content that can be easily monetized (i.e., ads inserted throughout the content).

Being in this industry myself, and knowing designers who made the egregious changes to the entire user experience on youtube, in a year youtube will largely be unrecognizable.

They are moving toward a model like hulu -- which is many re-runs of TV shows with commercials inserted int them. Paid content. Companies paying to be ranked high in the search results (like Google now). And if I am paying to get a high rank in youtube search results, I don't want some "pirate" posting the same or better content that users can access for free -- that will compete.

This is also why what I call the "community" aspect -- i.e., comments -- has intentionally been hobbled. Youtube's chief product manager et al are not interested in that because they get no revenue from us talking to each other.

By emphasizing playlists with ads stuck in them they are working to make youtube a destination for passive visual/aural consumption, like TV, rather than a viral social network that essentially WE run.

Also, youtube was just sued for $1 billion by Viacom. That's pretty serious, even for Google to absorb.

In the lawsuit Viacom has found proof that youtube was aware that only 20% of the videos/content on youtube are strictly legal (i.e., free of copyright restrictions) -- and that youtube moved forward anyway. In fact, youtube cofounder Steve Chen in an email urged the youtube leaders to: “concentrate all of our efforts in building up our numbers as aggressively as we can through whatever tactics, however evil.” source

So now -- not only being guilty of copyright infringement but willfully doing so -- youtube is going to have to clamp down on all the content that makes youtube worth being part of.

Youtube has 3 ways of identifying "illegal" content:

1. content "owners" (ABCKO, music industry, Stones Corpo, etc) demand the content be removed

2. Youtube hired scores of interns (I always wondered what i would do if I ever met any of these little shits) who all they do all day is trawl youtube looking for copyrighted material, and repot it

3. text recognition bots - trawling the metadata of this giant content/asset management system that is youtube, flagging videos that may be copyrighted.

So---until we all figure out another place to go----as I think Schild says above, the options available are to not post the details of your videos. Do not name them anything that an intern or a bot could find. Let your friends and subscribers know how to find yu on youtube -- but even then there's guilt by association -- meaning, if Person A starts a channel and reloads all his videos up, and his subscribers are all also subscribers to "illegal" or "watched" youtube accounts it may flag Person A's stealth account.

It may be the Stones Corp instigating this, but it's as likely it's driven by the lawsuit, and by the aggressive move to this new business model of weeding out all but controlled paid content -- and people's cat videos.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 23, 2010 23:11

you are a hero UrbanSteel. i thank you again and again and again for hours of remarkable historic footage, stuff that abkco is way too out of touch to even understand in context... they kinda owe you about five million dollars for incredibly insightful and wonderful promotion of many many important aspects of this band. they still don't know how to properly promote their own copyrights...
...sad day man. i'm so sorry. you're part of the history now UrbanSteel. you done so much good with TONS of material that NEVER wudda seen the light of day, and NOW will go back into the darkness forever.... you've brought so many rock and roll 'strangers' to the dance.... and to abkco's benefit...man... they owe you. not that they care.....thank you so much. blessings.... i OWE YOU... ty.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 23, 2010 23:12

swiss
I'm so sorry to hear this...I was a subscriber.

Not many people read my post about youtube a couple of weeks ago, but there are major shifts happening over there.

These shifts in business model and approach have been happening since Google bought youtube last year.

Youtube is moving away from a populist democratic model of it being about YOU (i.e., youtube) and us --- and more toward paid content that can be easily monetized (i.e., ads inserted throughout the content).

Being in this industry myself, and knowing designers who made the egregious changes to the entire user experience on youtube, in a year youtube will largely be unrecognizable.

They are moving toward a model like hulu -- which is many re-runs of TV shows with commercials inserted int them. Paid content. Companies paying to be ranked high in the search results (like Google now). And if I am paying to get a high rank in youtube search results, I don't want some "pirate" posting the same or better content that users can access for free -- that will compete.

This is also why what I call the "community" aspect -- i.e., comments -- has intentionally been hobbled. Youtube's chief product manager et al are not interested in that because they get no revenue from us talking to each other.

By emphasizing playlists with ads stuck in them they are working to make youtube a destination for passive visual/aural consumption, like TV, rather than a viral social network that essentially WE run.

Also, youtube was just sued for $1 billion by Viacom. That's pretty serious, even for Google to absorb.

In the lawsuit Viacom has found proof that youtube was aware that only 20% of the videos/content on youtube are strictly legal (i.e., free of copyright restrictions) -- and that youtube moved forward anyway. In fact, youtube cofounder Steve Chen in an email urged the youtube leaders to: “concentrate all of our efforts in building up our numbers as aggressively as we can through whatever tactics, however evil.” source

So now -- not only being guilty of copyright infringement but willfully doing so -- youtube is going to have to clamp down on all the content that makes youtube worth being part of.

Youtube has 3 ways of identifying "illegal" content:

1. content "owners" (ABCKO, music industry, Stones Corpo, etc) demand the content be removed

2. Youtube hired scores of interns (I always wondered what i would do if I ever met any of these little shits) who all they do all day is trawl youtube looking for copyrighted material, and repot it

3. text recognition bots - trawling the metadata of this giant content/asset management system that is youtube, flagging videos that may be copyrighted.

So---until we all figure out another place to go----as I think Schild says above, the options available are to not post the details of your videos. Do not name them anything that an intern or a bot could find. Let your friends and subscribers know how to find yu on youtube -- but even then there's guilt by association -- meaning, if Person A starts a channel and reloads all his videos up, and his subscribers are all also subscribers to "illegal" or "watched" youtube accounts it may flag Person A's stealth account.

It may be the Stones Corp instigating this, but it's as likely it's driven by the lawsuit, and by the aggressive move to this new business model of weeding out all but controlled paid content -- and people's cat videos.

If YoutUbe is heading the way you describe then there is an opportunity for someone to set up a NewTube to fill the gap.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 23, 2010 23:54

This really sucks.
I can better express my feelings in Dutch.
Dit is gewoon zwaar kut.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 24, 2010 00:24

Father Ted
If YoutUbe is heading the way you describe then there is an opportunity for someone to set up a NewTube to fill the gap.

I love NewTube!

Ultimately, tho, the challanges will be the same: (1) how to $$ support such an effort? (or how to make a profit)? and (2) copyright infringement.

One way to go would be setting up a nonprofit that would be for educational purposes only----i.e., would not accrue $$ to anyone. Because that is the legal exception for Copyright: the "Fair Use" provision. As long as something is being promoted for education/information and not for $$ gain, it is not considered to be a violation of copyright.

hmmm....

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 24, 2010 00:24

Sons of whores!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-24 00:31 by CindyC.

Date: April 24, 2010 00:28

CindyC
What we need to do is set up a secret system. Upload videos but don't reference the Rolling Stones or the name of the song/album - we can have a thread where people can post user names and we can just go to their accounts and watch their videos. Sucks for other fans that want to see them though, but at least we'll be able to!!!

That's what I said above -- guess it was too long for peeps to read smiling smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 24, 2010 00:30

WTF - how did I miss two postings like that! Very embarrassing - i'm deleting it.

Sorry!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: April 24, 2010 00:32

CindyC
Or we can just tag the videos with a word that means nothing to anyone but us so that when we search we can find them - something cool - i can't think of anything tho.

I think it should be a numerical-based code that rotates every third day. I've been working on something like this for the past four years, but never really had a use for it until now.

CindyC
Sucks for other fans that want to see them

I would much rather see this perk reserved for those who know the secret system.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home