Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 26
Re: Some more Exile info
Posted by: kees ()
Date: March 4, 2010 08:51

Great information, thanks !

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: March 4, 2010 09:33

I want to hear them new tracks NOW!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 4, 2010 11:02

Great article, great news!

I'm excited about the fact that they actually used CS Blues OUTTAKES for the documentary. Hope it's really 61 minutes and not 30.
Man, if they really have 20 hours of CS Blues outtakes, they could make a deluxe dvd pack of that film.... dreaming, still dreaming...

This is also good:
>> Kijak also says the film doesn't shy away from Richards reported struggles with heroin at the time of the recordings. "You can't separate the drugs from the story," he explained

... because it hopefully means that the docu is probably going to be more serious and in-depth than just a blah blah about what we've already heard a hundred times.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 4, 2010 12:18

"20 hours of outtakes from Robert Frank's infamous documentary of the Stones 1972 tour"

Wow! That would deserve a thead of its own! Is it really true?

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 4, 2010 13:31

Seems like a measured tease by talking about the number of hours of footage.

It must be obvious to anyone and everyone that the JJF/SFM double hit show closer from 1972 is compelling viewing, and deserving of some daylight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 13:37 by studiorambo.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 4, 2010 14:47

Ny nipples just got a bit hard.

Good to see Was confirming that whats been leaked is just a tiny fraction of whats in the vaults.

The mere thought of having access to that archive makes me drool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 14:49 by Gazza.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:05

Must say I am a bit hesitant about the new lyrics though.......Mick's lyrics of the last 30 years really don't come anywhere close to anything he or the band as a whole wrote back in that heyday period of theirs......

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:12

Gazza

Good to see Was confirming that whats been leaked is just a tiny fraction of whats in the vaults.

The mere thought of having access to that archive makes me drool.

I remember you've been claiming for it for years. So happy you got it right!

By the way, for the first time I saw a mentioning of Charlie been involved in the project. Perhaps it is just the question of his approval. No news of Bill Wyman yet. As a semi-professional Stones historian he is I thought he could be excited about the project.

- Doxa

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:28

"I've been to the tape warehouse," said Was. "If you can picture the last scene of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' with this enormous room filled from floor to ceiling with (all these antiquities), that's what they have.
"There's stuff that nobody's heard," he added. "The things that have slipped out on bootleg is just a fraction of what's available. They could do this with every album they've ever made if they wanted to."

i don´t believe that. that´s typical pr bla bla.

there may be lots of tapes but a lot of that is crap for sure.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:29

stoneswashed77

Crap or not, I hope they do do this with every album! thumbs up

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:40

what i meant was i don´t believe they have that much material for every album or eras.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:50

The beginning of a great adventure!

Thanks for the update.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:56

stoneswashed77
what i meant was i don´t believe they have that much material for every album or eras.

Ah, I get what you mean now! smiling smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 4, 2010 16:22

"I've been to the tape warehouse," said Was. "If you can picture the last scene of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' with this enormous room filled from floor to ceiling with (all these antiquities), that's what they have.
"There's stuff that nobody's heard," he added. "The things that have slipped out on bootleg is just a fraction of what's available. They could do this with every album they've ever made if they wanted to."

Yessss!

I've posted these pics before, but with Keith's guitar collection in mind.
it sure sounds exciting.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 4, 2010 16:30

stoneswashed77

...better crap than most....

Date: March 4, 2010 16:38

"The guiding light came in a fax Keith (Richards) sent to me early on. He said: 'You don't have to make it sound like 'Exile.' It already is 'Exile.' That's really what we tried to stick to throughout."

Words of wisdom from Keith.....again!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:00

Gazza
Only a bit? Mine could cut through solid diamond right now.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:15

Awesome!!! cant wait!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:02

it's what i've been saying for years - there's a crapload of stuff we ain't never heard - and at least some of older ones will never if they don't get serious about retirement and opening dem vaults. time waits for no one and it ain't on our side....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:06

Yes, why do we assume because we've heard all the bootlegs, we have heard all the unreleased tracks?

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:18

So...the Stones have all the stuff from Indiana Jones! Does this mean we'll get extra long Indiana Jones' movies?

Date: March 4, 2010 18:24

stoneswashed77

i don´t believe that. that´s typical pr bla bla.

At least it's Stones crap.

Fact is, for every brilliant released version of a great song there's bound to be some alternate versions that were almost or just as good.

Multiply that by the number of good songs out of a back catalogue of 350 released songs and thats quite a quality archive.

Actual left over outtakes are another issue again. Some of them may indeed be crap, but equally some of them when worked on to the stage where they were finished or almost finished may be quite listenable or even pretty good.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:25

"A fraction of what is available on bootlegs." - magic words which mean what we all hope for ...

Date: March 4, 2010 18:27

let's storm the vaults...sometimes if you want something done, ya just gotta do it yourself. i'll pass out the tasers in case of any trouble....

Date: March 4, 2010 18:29

I'll be right behind you. If its too dark in there, remember that I'm the one with the hard nipples.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:32

@T&A ,Gazza
sounds like Great Train Robbery ;-)
in this case Great Vaults Robbery

Date: March 4, 2010 18:35

Gazza
I'll be right behind you. If its too dark in there, remember that I'm the one with the hard nipples.

why is it that you always are so far behind me when it comes these kinda things??

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:37

T&A
Gazza

why is it that you always are so far behind me when it comes these kinda things??
i will be in the front as i have been told that nobody wants me walking behind them for the obvious reasons .this was told to me by a former high ranking offical at work .

Date: March 4, 2010 18:44

The Greek
T&A
Gazza

i will be in the front as i have been told that nobody wants me walking behind them for the obvious reasons .this was told to me by a former high ranking offical at work .

whatever - we need strong leadership qualities here. are you qualified to lead? and are you patriotic enough to take one for the team if the vault people come out firing? this is not some panty raid shenanigan, you know.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 4, 2010 18:45

Was was fireing some huge missiles (Italian polite way to say enormous BS): If they had soooooooooo many outakes available, why are half of the 10 new traks only alternate versions of takes that are already circulating?

In any case, I will be first of the line when the Exile reissue will be in the shops!

C

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2204
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home