Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 26
Re: EXILE press release says ten new tracks
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 4, 2010 19:08

kleermaker
open-g
>>Scooby: Out takes? If they were not good enough for the original release of EOMS why should we assume that they are going to be a worthwhile addition to our collections now? Do we want or need "new" material of this nature?<<

There's no reason to assume they are not worthwhile to be released - because no one has heared them yet.
and...how many songs did fit on the original (and only studio) double LP?
I've read some moaners posts who thought that EOMS should have been a one single LP.

Do we want or need "new" material of this nature?

well I surly do!
That songs sounds brilliantly!

Me too. I want more songs like this one. Maybe oldfashioned but good!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 19:13

windmelody
kleermaker
open-g
>>Scooby: Out takes? If they were not good enough for the original release of EOMS why should we assume that they are going to be a worthwhile addition to our collections now? Do we want or need "new" material of this nature?<<

There's no reason to assume they are not worthwhile to be released - because no one has heared them yet.
I've read some moaners posts who thought that EOMS should have been a one single LP.

well I surly do!

ru serious folks?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 4, 2010 19:36

The new "Exile" is great...already got it...it's called BEFORE THE FROST...UNTIL THE FREEZE by The Black Crowes. winking smiley

Seriously...I'm looking forward to the deluxe package.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 4, 2010 20:17

That version (in the youtube vid) of I Ain't Signifying sure sounds raw and simple, but it's still better than anything on A Bigger Bang, IMHO.

Just because it was shelved in '72 doesn't mean it should stay on the shelf in 2010. But I agree that some outtakes are pretty lame even if they have historic value (e.g. the '72 Dallas Rehearsals or eight CDs of Satanic sessions...).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:16

stoneswashed77
windmelody
kleermaker
open-g

well I surly do!

ru serious folks?
man this song rocks like it's supposed to.wow i really like this tune !!!!!!!!!

EXILE - 10 NEW ONES - Titles/Track by Track + MICK TAYLOR Called Back !!!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 4, 2010 12:37

Here's the song list (about the 10 new ones) and the titles plus details about each track and the return of MICK TAYLOR !!! -

GOOD TIME WOMAN - early take of TUMBLING DICE with totally different lyrics

PASS THE WINE - working title , "Sophia Loren" - additional guitar added

ALADDIN'S STORY - instrumental has been on bootlegs but this version is the finished one. Has new guitar parts added

SOUL SURVIVOR - Keith on vocals with totally different lyrics

FOLLOWING THE RIVER - new Mick Jagger vocals and guitar parts added

PLUNDERED MY SOUL - No info, only know it's soul/gospel-ish

LOVING CUP - 1969 version, very funky and raw

---------------------------------------------

HONKY TONK WOMAN* Can't be confirmed besides Don Was finding a ton of versions, didn't say he included one.

TORN AND FRAYED* Ambiguous, title mentioned but that's it

I AIN'T LYING* Not 100% sure, from another source

Myth Busters:

GRAM PARSONS is never found ANYWHERE on the tapes so it is now believed he was not at Villa Nellcote in the South of France or if he was did not join in musically.

MICK TAYLOR: Don Was would not deny Mick Taylor helped out with the overdubbing. "I'm simply not going to deny it (Taylor's involvement) or say it didn't happen" (so then I guess it did)

BASEMENT TAPES: They played nice and tight with a lot of usable music, not all sloppy and dopey as has been the rumor....

Re: EXILE - 10 NEW ONES - Titles/Track by Track + MICK TAYLOR Called Back !!!
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 4, 2010 12:51

Thanks for the info.

But -- please state your sources. There are so many rumours and so much speculation that we need all clarifications we can get.

Also check other current threads before you state any "news". Everyhing you told us about MT, and a lot more, can be read in the current Exile thread (I know it's 16 pages, but check the last few out and you'll see).

About Gram Parsons: He was at Nellcote. There are pictures and stories confirming this. But yes, he may not have been featured on any tapes.

Sorry to sound like a whiner, but there's already so much "loose" talk on this board. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 12:52 by LieB.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: March 4, 2010 12:52

Thanks, HelterSkelter!

Two months waiting is a long, long time...

Date: March 4, 2010 13:00

Thanks Helter. Can you tell your sources? I am not saying this in a doubting sense but much like LieB. There are plenty of pics of Gram Parsons; Tarle if anyone.
I don't think it really had been said that the band was in bad shape in the basement sessions; I always understood that the conditions were bad - i.e. it was hot, humid, the guitars wouldn't stay in tune, there were power surges ; the snakes were running for long long ways from truck to basement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 13:00 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: March 4, 2010 13:08

LieB, it's from a 2 page article in the new ROLLING STONE MAG that just came in the mail yesterday (snow boarder with super red hair from the Olympics on the cover). Gram Parsons, yeah, I agree, I was sure I saw shots of him hanging around the villa and town. Strange that he did hot join in. No problem over your source concern, and thanks for being so polite smiling smiley Take Care, Helter

P Revolution, maybe II worded that slightly wrong. Don Was said the basement tapes sound great compared to all the rumours of all the difficulties dealing with what you mentioned

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 13:13 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 4, 2010 13:11

Can't wait to listen to the funky early recording of Loving Cup. I was grooving to that track today whilst in the car.

Date: March 4, 2010 13:19

It would be nice if they asked mick Taylor to play, he deserves a highlight, since he never had the career he would have deserved.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 4, 2010 13:30

windmelody
It would be nice if they asked mick Taylor to play, he deserves a highlight, since he never had the career he would have deserved.
He did have that career. Only, he threw it away.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 4, 2010 13:42

I saw MT a lot in the 60's/70's (69, 72, 73,) and I'm ready to see him get back with the Band. Put Ronnie on Bass or have 3 guitar players.... THAT would be show !!! Yo, Jag, you listening? Think of the cash flow coming in smiling smiley

Date: March 4, 2010 13:52

JumpingKentFlash
windmelody

He would have deserved a career after the Stones as well in my oppinion.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 4, 2010 14:05

windmelody
JumpingKentFlash
windmelody

Indeed he would. The Tubular Bells route was not the way for him I think though.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 4, 2010 14:07

"He would have deserved a career after the Stones as well in my oppinion."

Life's what you make it. MT chose this path. He could have easily made more money. No one made him take the career he has for the last 30 odd years....

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 4, 2010 14:15

HelterSkelter
I saw MT a lot in the 60's/70's (69, 72, 73,) and I'm ready to see him get back with the Band. Put Ronnie on Bass or have 3 guitar players.... THAT would be show !!! Yo, Jag, you listening? Think of the cash flow coming in smiling smiley

I'd hazard a guess that 90% of people that attended the last couple of tours either don't know MT or don't place any significance on him.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 4, 2010 14:21

studiorambo
HelterSkelter

I'd hazard a guess that 90% of people that attended the last couple of tours either don't know MT or don't place any significance on him.

I'd hazard a guess that 70% of the people that attended those same tours have only an unfocused idea of who Mick Jagger is ...

C

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 4, 2010 14:22

HTW wont be on it. Jagger might be occasionally clueless about what he's recorded and when down the years but even HE knows it couldnt be remotely classified as an Exile recording - and hes also said he put a start date of July '69 on the project. HTW was recorded before that.

Have my doubts about this list because UNCUT mentions that theyve heard the track 'Sophia Loren' and in the same interview Jagger mentions redoing the lyrics for Tumbling Dice in LA because the original, completely different lyrics were 'crap'. (in which case, why would he include 'Good time women').

The ten titles that the various interviews and press releases have mentioned so far have been :

Outtakes - Following the River, Sophia Loren, Plundered My Soul, Scarlet, I Aint Lying, Pass The Wine, Dancing Into the Light, Aladdin Story

Alternates - Soul Survivor, Loving Cup.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 4, 2010 14:37

Gazza
in the same interview Jagger mentions redoing the lyrics for Tumbling Dice in LA because the original, completely different lyrics were 'crap'. (in which case, why would he include 'Good time women').

I thought Jagger referred to the original recording of "Tumbling Dice" back in 1971 when he concluded that the lyrics were 'crap' and decided to redo those back then (that is, to transform "Good Time Women" into "Tumbling Dice") So now we are going to have the original crap ones...? Or perhaps I got it wrong.

- Doxa

Date: March 4, 2010 14:46

Maybe. I just assumed he was talking about Good Time Women, which while its a fun workout to listen to, isn't exactly 'Let It Loose' from a lyrical standpoint.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:03

windmelody
JumpingKentFlash
windmelody

what type of career you mean?

he is not a writer, he is not a singer, he is not a band leader, he is not a rhythm guitarist.

he is a sideman and he through away the only chance he had with the best band possible.

Date: March 4, 2010 15:03

Gazza
HTW wont be on it. Jagger might be occasionally clueless about what he's recorded and when down the years but even HE knows it couldnt be remotely classified as an Exile recording - and hes also said he put a start date of July '69 on the project. HTW was recorded before that.

Have my doubts about this list because UNCUT mentions that theyve heard the track 'Sophia Loren' and in the same interview Jagger mentions redoing the lyrics for Tumbling Dice in LA because the original, completely different lyrics were 'crap'. (in which case, why would he include 'Good time women').

The ten titles that the various interviews and press releases have mentioned so far have been :

Outtakes - Following the River, Sophia Loren, Plundered My Soul, Scarlet, I Aint Lying, Pass The Wine, Dancing Into the Light, Aladdin Story

Alternates - Soul Survivor, Loving Cup.

Yeah Gazza, I doubt the HTW one too. All Don Was said in the article. was he found entire reels with numerous versions of the song on them. I have no idea why they would revisit a 3 or 4 year old hit single. I would LOVE to hear SCARLET - that's the one with Jimmy Page on it, have never heard it. Maybe DANCING INTO THE LIGHT is track #10 (instead of HTW), that song was not mentioned at all in the RS article.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:19

I'd gladly pay a lot to have the ongoing HTW session on CD! eye popping smiley

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 4, 2010 16:05

I agree that many fans with money that go see the Stones because its cool may not know Mick Taylor
but i do think they will hear it...I really think a excited Mick Taylor on lead and Woodie and Keith and Jones on Bass
will give us all something we will love to hear and more importantly want to pay for..
I think it will fire everyone up...
I would like the idea of Bill returning to on bass too...But we can't get to greedy..ha.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:39

Gazza
... Jagger mentions redoing the lyrics for Tumbling Dice in LA because the original, completely different lyrics were 'crap'. (in which case, why would he include 'Good time women').

If I understand correctly...that along with MT's "return" to add some guitar parts...that Mick actually wrote new lyrics for GTW/TD (in 2009-10?)
because he didn't like Good Time Women...that's just weird...and misses the whole point of re-issuing deluxe package representative
of a certain time & place ('69-'72).

I hope I misunderstood.

(but I'm ok with the MT additions...I think. I'm under the assumption that he's going to finish "unfinished" songs and not create something completely different)

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:48

"GRAM PARSONS is never found ANYWHERE on the tapes so it is now believed he was not at Villa Nellcote in the South of France or if he was did not join in musically"

There was a common ground between KR & MJ to NEVER let GP go down to the basement and put his touch on the Stones's music (dixit a drect eyewitness : D.Tarlé)

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:55

131 people know who Mick Taylor is......
A few more know Bill Wyman or Charlie Watts.
Last count only 52 people know who Brian Jones was.
Everyone knows Mick and Keith

Look at other bands, no one remembers Keith Moon, John Entwisthle, John Bonham, Tom Fogerthy.........can many name the remaining Doors? Maybe 123 people.

Date: March 4, 2010 18:27

sweet neo con
Gazza
... Jagger mentions redoing the lyrics for Tumbling Dice in LA because the original, completely different lyrics were 'crap'. (in which case, why would he include 'Good time women').

If I understand correctly...that along with MT's "return" to add some guitar parts...that Mick actually wrote new lyrics for GTW/TD (in 2009-10?)
because he didn't like Good Time Women...that's just weird...and misses the whole point of re-issuing deluxe package representative
of a certain time & place ('69-'72).

I hope I misunderstood.

Thankfully, you misunderstood! Most of the vocals that appear on 'Exile' were added in LA in late 1971 and early 1972. Thats what I'm referring to by assuming that Mick rewrote the lyrics to 'Tumbling Dice' after the basic track was cut at Nellcote. Not in 2009.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home