Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: OT: 2010 Winter Olympics at Vancouver
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 26, 2010 22:00

That is true, it was at least 30-40 minutes after the game and medal presentation had ended. They certainly weren't rubbing it in anyone's faces.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 26, 2010 22:31

USA 6 Finland 0 with 6 minutes to go in the 1st period.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 26, 2010 22:35

Yeah, I just turned it on. Good Lord, what happened to Kiprusoff ?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 26, 2010 23:00

Finland simply got smoked. Kipper not ready soon enough, but he had no help except for the first one he just gave away. That set the tone as he must have been rattled and stressed. They should have pulled him sooner after it went 3-0. Secondly, the Finns took 2 stupid penalties which they promptly paid for. While I think the USA probably would have won this anyway, who could have imagined 6-0 after 1 period.

I hope Slovaks give Canada all they can handle tonight.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 26, 2010 23:42

eye popping smileyeye popping smiley:confused smileyconfused smiley(sad smileyangry smileyangry smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileyangry smileyangry smiley:drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 27, 2010 00:28

USA/Canada Part Deuxeye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:15

Doxa
eye popping smileyeye popping smiley:confused smileyconfused smiley(sad smileyangry smileyangry smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileyangry smileyangry smiley:drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

- Doxa

I hoped for you.. I drink one for you as well. Right now.

Date: February 27, 2010 04:13

Sweden women win gold in curling. The Canadian women choked in the 10 end up by 2. Great win for Sweden.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 27, 2010 04:34

sweetcharmedlife
STG?

That is your riposte? I was expecting "Go Sharks!" grinning smiley

Date: February 27, 2010 05:06

SomeTorontoGirl
sweetcharmedlife
STG?

That is your riposte? I was expecting "Go Sharks!" grinning smiley
Well considering half of the canadian team is made up of San Jose Sharks. Not exactly the time for a go Sharks cheer. But I will dedicate a song to you my dear.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: February 27, 2010 08:56

Canada barely held on to beat Slovakia (who include Miroslav Satan).

Sunday will be the showdown with the Great Satan.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 27, 2010 09:32

There's a dude named Satan out there? I will change my name immediately. I wonder how my name would sound with that? Kent Alex Satan. Nice.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 27, 2010 10:28

Canada won a squeaker over the Slovaks. Luongo let in a couple of questionable goals but looked good at the end. Can't wait for Sundays gold medal game against the US! Our chance for revenge for last Sunday. Ironic that Sidney Crosby, Canada's best player, isn't playing that well in the tournament, but all the other lines are more than making up for it. Even though I live near Vancouver, I'm a Chicago Blackhawks fan so it's good to see Jonathan Toews leading Canada in scoring with 7 points (all assists) and Dman Duncan Keith leading in minutes played.
As far as the women's curling goes, Cheryl Bernard choked under pressure plain and simple. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Two relatively easy chances to win gold and she screwed up both chances, leaving the sell out crowd and a whole nation watching on tv in utter disbelief. This will haunt her the rest of her career and I doubt her team will achieve any level of success in the future. Similar to Kelly Law's team in 2002 when she was the heavy favorite to win Gold but then choked and ended up getting bronze. Her team was never the same after that.
Regarding Miroslav Satan, his last name is actually pronounced Sha-taan.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 27, 2010 16:15

DGA35
Regarding Miroslav Satan, his last name is actually pronounced Sha-taan.

So... he's really the Great Sha Na Na?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 27, 2010 18:37

Looking forward to the USA-Canada showdown should be exciting. this hockey is much better than the NHL game!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 27, 2010 18:40

Question - Do any of you think Ohno should have been disqualified last night? I only watch the sport at the Olympics but it did not look like much of a bump and Hamelin had his hand on the Korean as well. Its not like either of them shoved the other skater. Maybe its just the nature of the sport. Looked like a tacky call to me though.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: February 27, 2010 19:30

Waiting for alpine skiing - slalom toonight, I hope that we can get our first gold medal!

Date: February 27, 2010 22:04

DGA35
As far as the women's curling goes, Cheryl Bernard choked under pressure plain and simple. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Two relatively easy chances to win gold and she screwed up both chances, leaving the sell out crowd and a whole nation watching on tv in utter disbelief. This will haunt her the rest of her career and I doubt her team will achieve any level of success in the future.
quote]
Yeah but damn she's hot. Got some Far Away Eyes.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 27, 2010 23:45

Justina and justice won! A great run by the best non-cheater female cross-field skier of the world! Congratulations to Poland for Gold.smileys with beer

- Doxa

Date: February 28, 2010 01:08

Okay, the semi-final was not the biggest triumph for Finland, and that's it, but ladies and gentlemen, tonight we are going see which is the best European Ice Hockey country in this tourmanent... And the winner will get an Olympic Bronze medal as well... grinning smiley

In a fair world, Slovakia would actually deserve the medals for many reasons (among others playing all-over much better than Finland), but for patriotic reasons I skip that possibility. The Finnish women already got their Bronze, so now is the men's turn to show that they are not any worse...

In fact, the both teams have a lot of (too many) veteran players, who most likely going to play their last international game forever. It would be nicer to go pension with medals. In their short history, Slovakia have never had a medal in Olympic Games so I believe they are very well motivated. I hope our guys, too, to see a great game. Due to the 'old' rosters the both teams would not be seen this high in the following big tournaments for some time again. Neither of the countries have not such great younger players to substitute the aged 'golden generation' we see tonight for the last time on ice. So better to enjoy while it is still possible.

- Doxa

Date: February 28, 2010 05:13

slew
Question - Do any of you think Ohno should have been disqualified last night? I only watch the sport at the Olympics but it did not look like much of a bump and Hamelin had his hand on the Korean as well. Its not like either of them shoved the other skater. Maybe its just the nature of the sport. Looked like a tacky call to me though.

looked a little sketchy to me

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:28

I've done piss poor keeping up with the Olympics this year. Is Sunday the gold medal mens hockey? Are the Olympics over? It's almost March. It'll be almost 100 degrees F in Vancouver by Monday the way the planet is globally warming up according to all those scrotum stroking global warming advocates.

Meanwhile it's still colder in the South than it is in half of Canada. Farkin' iceholes.

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:50

skipstone
I've done piss poor keeping up with the Olympics this year. Is Sunday the gold medal mens hockey? Are the Olympics over? It's almost March. It'll be almost 100 degrees F in Vancouver by Monday the way the planet is globally warming up according to all those scrotum stroking global warming advocates.

Meanwhile it's still colder in the South than it is in half of Canada. Farkin' iceholes.

Ha, "scrotum stroking global warming advocates".
Do you mean those people who are in favor of the planet warming up?

Date: February 28, 2010 05:56

USA wins gold in the 4 man bobsled. First gold in 62 years for the Americans.

Date: February 28, 2010 06:05

Canada defeats Norway for gold in the men's Curling final 6-3.

Thomas Ulsrud squad did not bring out their best tonight and a perfect run by the Canadians ended in gold.

Date: February 28, 2010 07:31

Yeah, Bronze medal for Finland in ice hockey. A superb achievement in this tournament. Thanks, guys.

- Doxa

Date: February 28, 2010 20:40

fuman

Yeah - it's a poorly documented reference on purpose to all of the global warming advocates that recently had that meeting and their 'proof' came up short of being proof blah blah blah.

Then again, I've heard plenty of other kinds of people spouting off about it too but usually based on something along the lines of 'My brother said' or 'My neighbour said' - the same kind of people that have advice on things that you actually do for a job because they saw someone else do it or read about it on Google and suddenly they know better than you do. The entire planet is heating up eh? Where? When?

It's just a poor/lame/non-argument right now.

Date: February 28, 2010 20:53

Well on the final day of events one more prestigious gold up for grabs.

Canada has tied the winter Olympic record with a 13th gold medal sharing that throne with the 1976 Soviet Union and Norway in 2002. They will be attempting to break that record with todays hockey game with the USA.

Canada had not won a gold medal at two other Olympic games in hosted in the 1976 Montreal Summer Games, and the 1988 Winter Games in Calgary. An unbelievable feat.

So far, the USA has 36 medals overall tying the record for the most medals by one country in a Winter or Summer Olympic games. They are guaranteed a medal today in Hockey that will break the record held by Germany in Salt Lake City's Winter Games in 2002.

Of course they will be playing to win gold their 10th of the games and spoiling Canada's entire event.

Date: February 28, 2010 20:59

skipstone
fuman

Yeah - it's a poorly documented reference on purpose to all of the global warming advocates that recently had that meeting and their 'proof' came up short of being proof blah blah blah.

Then again, I've heard plenty of other kinds of people spouting off about it too but usually based on something along the lines of 'My brother said' or 'My neighbour said' - the same kind of people that have advice on things that you actually do for a job because they saw someone else do it or read about it on Google and suddenly they know better than you do. The entire planet is heating up eh? Where? When?

It's just a poor/lame/non-argument right now.

Sean Delonas NY Post

Date: February 28, 2010 21:08

Just so you know, I am for a warmer planet - for my own selfish reasons: I would be able to grow many more palm trees and various tropical plants than I can now. But, see, some of my palm trees died this year. And not from too much heat.

To my amazement, it's been colder in Louisiana than it has been in Vancouver, which was pointed out on the news a couple weeks ago. And that is because of El Nino and not "global" "warming". But doesn't that still go in the face of the global warming? Just like the grossly ignorant stance of many people along the Gulf Coast that think just because the ocean is warmer that means more hurricanes. That's just not true. Our summers have been hot and people say "I don't remember it being this hot" but one can look at record temperatures over the years as well as averages and so on and see that we really haven't had summers any hotter than this or that - they've always been hot on the Gulf Coast. In fact, last summer was not nearly as hot as the previous summer. I guess that was because of...global cooling? There's always got to be some excuse it seems.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home