Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: OT: 2010 Winter Olympics at Vancouver
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 24, 2010 19:40

Addicted
Doxa
Switzerland (7.779.200 habitants) won Norway (4.825.000 habitants) in over-time 5-4. But it was a great hockey game by Norwegians. They really played well.

- Doxa
You're too kind! Norway's defence was a disaster... Now we're out of the tournament - and that's well deserved. I've supported the Swedish ich hockey team ever since they charmed everyone at the Lillehammer Olympics in 1994. Go Sweden! Go Foppa!

I don't know what were your expectations for Norwegian team but I think played a great tournament. It was surprisingly tough one against Slovakia as well.

But... tonight the SECOND SUPER HOCKEY NIGHT!!

USA - SWITZERLAND
RUSSIA - CANADA
FINLAND - CZECH
SWEDEN - SLOVAKIA

Our Finnish team is bit down at the moment thanks to a disaster against Sweden and there seems to be a tension between the coach and the players but let see what happens... I hope Jagr plays; he is one of my all-time favourite hockey players.

One can only imagine the pressure Team Canada has now... the end of world is quite near, or how our Canadien contributors here think?thumbs up

It's going to be a looooonnnggg night - the Finnish game will start 5 am our local time...

- Doxa

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: February 24, 2010 20:00

kleermaker
Addicted

Sven behaved like an amateur. He hit his coach! Usually I scream my lungs out for Sven Kramer, but not after this terrible behaviour of his. He needs to grow up. Rules are rules - no matter if you're skating's only superstar.

Did he hit his coach? Neither saw nor read that in the papers or on the sportsite. They would surely report that fact. He pushed him away, which is understandable when you're so disappointed, but hitting??? No.
Norwegian TV showed a clip where he lashed out his glasses at Gerhard, and called him an a**hole... That's immature. He himself, nobody else, is to blame for his mistake. He should be more experienced than to go two inner lanes in a row. That being said: He's the greatest skater ever. But he needs to grow up and behave his age. Not like a 5 year old who didn't get his candy.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 24, 2010 20:24

All of the Dutch in tears over the disqualification of Kramer but don't feel too bad you still have the Vermeers, Rembrandts, and Hals to admire.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 24, 2010 20:28

I've attempted to get into the Vancouverage but it's difficult.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 24, 2010 21:37

The Sicilian
All of the Dutch in tears over the disqualification of Kramer but don't feel too bad you still have the Vermeers, Rembrandts, and Hals to admire.

Don't worry. The jokes are already flying around here.

See for example the Dutch Stonesforum, very interesting:

[www.stonesforum.nl]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 24, 2010 21:56

One day later we all can laugh about it

Sign says "take the inner lane......it's quicker"

No translation possible ..only for the Dutch guys

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: February 24, 2010 22:58

Addicted
Norwegian TV showed a clip where he lashed out his glasses at Gerhard
I highly doubt he'd pick them up again just for that. All I've seen is that he threw them away, definitely NOT in Gerard Kemkers' direction.
Addicted
and called him an a**hole...
Well, I can't blame him for saying that in the heat of the moment... Today they're already back on friendly terms again.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 24, 2010 23:09

3 1/2 hours until the big Canada Russia game. Anyone who is able will leave work early to watch. This will be the most watched event in Canadian tv history eclipsing the Canada US game from Sunday, which eclipsed the opening ceremonies the week before!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 24, 2010 23:15

FreeBird
Addicted
Norwegian TV showed a clip where he lashed out his glasses at Gerhard
I highly doubt he'd pick them up again just for that. All I've seen is that he threw them away, definitely NOT in Gerard Kemkers' direction.
Addicted
and called him an a**hole...
Well, I can't blame him for saying that in the heat of the moment... Today they're already back on friendly terms again.

FreeBird, I think you're wrong. Kramer should have said, directly after his race: "Okay, Gerard. No problem. Everybody can make a mistake. And what are we talking about? Only a golden medal. No big deal. I've trained my lungs out during the last four years, but it doesn't matter. There are more important things in life. It takes only four years for a second try and I'm sure that you won't make the same mistake again at that moment."

I think any other sportsman would have reacted that way, don't you think Addicted? Especially sportsmen from a certain country where the public runs out of the speed skating stadium as soon as their fellow countrymen have failed or if there are no more countrymen in the game. Except their king, he always stays until the very last minute of the game. I admire that king. He is a king in every respect.

Strange tv there in Norway. We saw Kramer throwing his glasses away too, but those glasses went in another direction than the Norwegian tv showed. He absolutely didn't aim on Gerard (not Gerhard, Gerhard is a German name) Kemkers.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 24, 2010 23:29

I totally agree with Kleermaker, there are some strange comment on Kramer's behavior which is totally wrong................ he is a nice guy

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 25, 2010 00:20

USA 2 Switzerland 0

Man that was tough. But USA gets into the semi's.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 25, 2010 00:22

Congratulations for USA. A tough game it was. Switzerland plays very well-organized hockey and they fight hard. Difficult to beat.

So the next one, the big one.... two hours to go.

- Doxa

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: February 25, 2010 00:27

I am not happy of course.. but I think that was ok for Switzerland. I am very well (harrr)

Date: February 25, 2010 04:16

Quite unbelievable... that Canada's killing of Russia...eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 25, 2010 05:42

My God that track is sooooooooooooo damn dangerous. Just watched the German 2 women bobsled crash was pretty horrific looking. Something to be said when all the top stars are having issues.......

Date: February 25, 2010 06:19

The girls can't get their helmets off fast enough before NBC is running to a commercial.

The Olympics ought to set up their own network and run the games with very limited commercial time. NBC's rush to air commercials kills the excitement of the moment too often.

Date: February 25, 2010 06:21

The Sicilian
Doxa
Kipper - the best goalie in the world

That's debatable

I think that debate is over.

Date: February 25, 2010 06:27

NICOS
One day later we all can laugh about it

Sign says "take the inner lane......it's quicker"

I don't think so. Losing a gold medal or even any medal on a stupid mistake will never be laughed at. It is something that will haunt him for the rest of his life no matter what he says in public.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 25, 2010 06:28

The Sicilian
The girls can't get their helmets off fast enough before NBC is running to a commercial.

The Olympics ought to set up their own network and run the games with very limited commercial time. NBC's rush to air commercials kills the excitement of the moment too often.

That's a great idea indeed - then all of the events can be housed on one channel and streamed 24/7 instead of having to try and sort out what's on which channel and when.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 25, 2010 06:45

____________________________________________________________________________________

Canada, the country that invented the sport, only to see the bankruptcy of their dump-and-chase hockey made apparent by the Soviet national team in the 1972 Canada Cup, and which is led by Queen B-tch Cindy Crosby, ain't gonna win it either!

QBCC wasn't even the best player on the Penguins during their Cup run last year. Evgeny Malkin was by a mile.

2010 is the year of OVECHKIN! First at the Olympics, next in June.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Well, that didn't happen, did it baxlap ? Oh,and to the writer from Pravda who referred to Canada as a nation of "retentive cowards" a couple days ago, thanks for the added motivation !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-25 07:12 by andrewm.

Date: February 25, 2010 07:18

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kipper! Thanks Finland!

- Doxa

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 25, 2010 09:24

Canada destroyed Russia! Can't believe Sweden lost to the Slovaks! I'm sure alot of Vancouver Canuck fans are wondering why Pavel Demitra can't play that well on the Canucks! Oh well, I'm glad Canada is facing them instead of Sweden. All of Canada will be tuning in Friday night for that game! Hopefully it's a Canada vs. USA final so we could get our revenge from last Sunday!
I wonder how the local media in Russia and especially in Sweden are going to report the losses?

Date: February 25, 2010 09:43

What a night!! It is half past nine am our local time - and I've been awake the whole night like Keith Richards... and feeling mighty mighty fine...smiling bouncing smiley

It's unbelievable how anything can change in two days:

- Doxa

Date: February 25, 2010 09:57

The Sicilian
The Sicilian
Doxa
Kipper - the best goalie in the world

That's debatable

I think that debate is over.

It's going to be Kipper against Miller tomorrow... Miller already humilated Brudoer.

Luengo seem to be doing just fine, but Nabakov turned out to be just another mortal (even though the loss was not no way his fault: there is no goalie in the world to do anything against that kind of thunder attack Canada did yesterday).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-25 09:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 25, 2010 10:09

It's Luongo, or Bobby Lu, as we like to call him. Yeah, the boys seem to have found their rhythm now and I'm officially cautiously optimistic, especially if they continue to play like that. Really used their size, too. I was watching them mob Luongo at the end, and he's pretty big himself, but he's dwarfed by pretty much everyone but Iginla. That's a big F&*%in' crew and as long as they optimize that size plus skill factor, they're going places.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 25, 2010 10:42

Hockey...sad smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 25, 2010 10:59

I've watched the Women’s 4x6 km Relay Biathlon (smileys with beer to the French team )
and the Men’s Giant Slalom .

Date: February 25, 2010 16:11

USA is in a gold medal drought. It has been 4 days since the last gold won by Bode Miller. So far the biggest disappointment is on the USA womens side. Only 2 golds and 3 silvers.

Canada is prepared to blow by the USA in golds with two curling, a possible hockey, and a couple others.

Hats off the Canadians who seem to have strong athletes spread out in many different sports.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 25, 2010 16:38

The Sicilian
USA is in a gold medal drought. It has been 4 days since the last gold won by Bode Miller. So far the biggest disappointment is on the USA womens side. Only 2 golds and 3 silvers.

Yeah, NBC is starting to panic...

Date: February 25, 2010 16:41

What I can't understand is this disqualification crap between China and South Korea in the women's Short-track speedskating.

Clicking skates when athletes are practically on eachothers back seems very subjective. Korea had inside position and got screwed IMO.

Meanwhile the American women, a quarter lap behind everyone get a bronze metal that they did not deserve. I thought it was in cheesy and in poor taste to skate around with the flag on a questionable disqualification win.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1173
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home