Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: UNCUT, Exile re release mention
Posted by: Bitch2 ()
Date: January 19, 2010 23:08

Wasnt Exile originaly released in May? Is it a "summer" album?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 19, 2010 23:41

Bitch2
Wasnt Exile originaly released in May? Is it a "summer" album?

Yes. The deluxe version comes out on the 38th anniversary of the original release date.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:23

The newest issue of Rolling Stone (with John Mayer on the cover) dated Feb. 4, 2010 is saying that the the Deluxe Edition of Exile On Main Street will be (and I am quoting directly from the small article), "A box-set reissue of the Stones' masterpiece, with alternate takes and totally unheard songs, personally selected by Richards and Mick Jagger."

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:17

72stones
The newest issue of Rolling Stone (with John Mayer on the cover) dated Feb. 4, 2010 is saying that the the Deluxe Edition of Exile On Main Street will be (and I am quoting directly from the small article), "A box-set reissue of the Stones' masterpiece, with alternate takes and totally unheard songs, personally selected by Richards and Mick Jagger."

If true The Holy Grail, as far as I'm concerned. The vault doors have been pried open. Now it's time to dynamite them off and let us have the rest of the goodies. This release to me is more significant than a new tour or a new record. The real Stones at their prime.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:27

71Tele
72stones

If true The Holy Grail, as far as I'm concerned. The vault doors have been pried open. Now it's time to dynamite them off and let us have the rest of the goodies. This release to me is more significant than a new tour or a new record. The real Stones at their prime.

c'mon Tele - surely another poorly played tour of the same warhorses that costs you $200 is more appealing ?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:32

I was actually looking forward to another live DVD set with THE SAME SONGS ON IT!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:28

<< c'mon Tele - surely another poorly played tour of the same warhorses that costs you $200 is more appealing ? >>

Only $200? I've plunked down more for the privilege. Nope, the Exile cd at $25 (or even $50) will deliver pleasure many times over one more crappy tour. Unless of course they tour in support of the duluxe Exile. Then I'll really be in a quandry confused smiley

<< I was actually looking forward to another live DVD set with THE SAME SONGS ON IT! >>

Be careful what you wish for. It will be called "Shine Another Light".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-20 07:30 by 71Tele.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: January 20, 2010 14:56

Good news from RS mag. Hopefully some live 1972 stuff makes it on too.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 20, 2010 15:17

studiorambo

I think by the sound of it there will be some live bonus DVD to accompany this release.
The question is, will they simply release L&G or something different?

If it's L&G - then that's great as it SHOULD be slightly better than what we have (you'd think), if it's anything thing else then even better...I mean everyone should have a decent copy of L&G ... right? The only bonus would be for Mick Taylor as it would finally give the public a glimpse at the extraordinary guitar playing that us bootlegging fans already know of.

Knowing the Stones, they will release something that is already in it's complete form - i.e. L&G.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 20, 2010 15:27

What is the reason they have never released L&G. Anybody know?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 20, 2010 15:43

The real question is, will that fit in the extra slot in my UMG Remasters box spinning smiley sticking its tongue out :

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 20, 2010 16:26

Silver Dagger
What is the reason they have never released L&G. Anybody know?

I'd heard that because of the unusual ownership structure of the Stones back catalogue, a contemporary release of L&G had always been considered difficult due to the legal tangle.

Posted by: Brano ()
Date: January 20, 2010 18:26

While the latest bootleg editions of L&G have very good picture, I never really liked the sound and mix on any of them, so I would gladly embrace the potential official version if they remix it.

Also, I really hope they recut the whole footage from the movie like some rumour said, 'cause L&G is a very badly directed concert, with all the close-ups (Mick's head is in frame 90% of the time), Keith playing solos when they show Mick T. playing rhythm (and vice versa), very little full-band shots...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-20 18:38 by Brano.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 20, 2010 19:10

studiorambo
Can you tell us exactly what you read? (I don't even know what RS mag is in the first place.) Thanks.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 20, 2010 19:18

Certainly Ladies And Gentlemen would get its own release if it was to come out. There's no way it being an extra disc with the record would financially be an incentive for its release. It would need to be its own release for the financial aspects of who needs to be appeased for it to work properly.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 20, 2010 20:25

skipstone's sentiment sounds reasonable.

Personally, I'd love to see new live videos from '72 rather than the same ol' L & G film. The live snippets from NYC on the Dick Cavett dvd box are amazing -- more of that kind of stuff would be great.

Live audio stuff from '72 would be nice too, but I'd rather see a complete release of the "long lost Decca live album" over a couple of bonus live tracks on the Exile reissue.

All in all, I will be really disappointed if this release is just 15 minutes of studio outtakes.

And it's great that the Glimmers have finally agreed to release some vaults material. Maybe it will also expose Mick Taylor's playing to a few casual fans as well.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 21, 2010 17:38

skipstone
Certainly Ladies And Gentlemen would get its own release if it was to come out. There's no way it being an extra disc with the record would financially be an incentive for its release. It would need to be its own release for the financial aspects of who needs to be appeased for it to work properly.

There is sufficient live video and audio material out there to put together a really comprehensive "Live From Main Street" DVD+CD set.

The cheapest way to do it would be to clean up L&G and include a soundtrack CD. There are loads of other options but I think it would be feasible for the Stones to put out a decent package from this era.

Date: January 21, 2010 23:36

I'm really just hoping there's not an obvious defect in this one like there was with Rarities (poor selections) and Deluxe GYYYO (not enough extra Stones).

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: January 22, 2010 00:26

72stones

A "Deluxe Edition" is usually 2 discs while a "box-set" is at least 3 discs...

I wonder why they are using the "box-set" term. Who gave Rolling Stone this info anyway? I always seem to get my copy of Rolling Stone in the mail after I've seen it on the newsstand. Any other specifics in the small article?

Date: January 22, 2010 00:35

We know if it goes to 3 CD's we're getting into some sweet package territory.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home