Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: UNCUT, Exile re release mention
Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: January 4, 2010 13:30

LieB
As for C¤cks_cker Blues, Mick has stated in an interview the he'd love to see the film released (see quote below). But Robert Frank's representatives said during one of the screening events in NY recently that they could not release it officially with respect to relatives of some people in the movie. There are probably no real contractual problems, but the film is a little controversial and probably has little commercial potential. If you ask me, I love it, but I believe there are several hardcore fans here who actually thinks it's boring. And the Stones aren't really known for putting out obscure archive releases even if that's what they should do.

So if CS Blues comes out with this Exile reissue, that would be REALLY surprising.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Any chance you'll finally release "@#$%& Blues"?
Yeah, I wouldn't mind releasing it. It's fine.

How do you see the film now?
That's a good movie. It didn't come out — but that's a classic. I wanted to make one kind of movie, but the director @#$%& you over because he doesn't want to do the movie he's agreed to make. I said, "You could make this dark movie, but you got to have these other up moments because being on tour is all about going onstage, you know?"
What you have for breakfast is fascinating, and what drugs you're taking and what birds you're shagging, that's all very lovely. But then for you, the going out onstage is the important part, and you have to include that. And [Robert Frank] wouldn't include it. So I got really mad at him, as we fired him. That's the problem you can get into with hiring directors.

Another thought on CS Blues (the song and the movie): As much as I'd appreciate watching a pristine copy of the movie, I reckon it would prove much less appealing to a broad public than to us hardcore fans - showing many of the "dull & disgusting" aspects of touring. At the same time much of it's "shock value" has gone over time.

Same goes for the song, which is (in the demo incarnation we know) a quite convincing take on the Blues but a rather tasteless exercise lyric-wise, especially regarding an official release. As we know it was always intended as an insult to certain people - so no one ever thought about any official release in the first place.

Taking all this into account I'd conclude that CS Blues (song and movie) might work much better in favour of the Stones as unreleased items - keeping fans interested and feeding the myth (which might become even more important, facing the Stones going "Vegas" in their current incarnation).

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-04 16:35 by Greenblues.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: January 4, 2010 14:26

skipstone
Maybe they've been making Ladies & Gentlemen into an IMAX movie...

in 3D, naturally, and halfway Mick turns blue or something and then we make a billion dollars, only after we rename L&G to Abattoir or Avatar or what-have-you!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 4, 2010 16:20

don't ever believe anything Mick says...alot of the time he'll say something in one interview, and totally different in the next....

No way C*cksucker Blues will be released....bloody boring anyway and it would be another let down.

Ladies & Gents seems logical but will this really excite you? I mean I'll be excited to watch it once just to check out the sound & pic quality...but maybe not over and over again as we already have a pretty decent copy...and my decent copy has been played to death!

Would be very interested in something that I haven't seen - like some L&G outtakes - perhaps live performances from the 1972 Tour of Torn & Frayed, Loving Cup, Ventilator Blues, Rocks Off...the songs off Exile would make sense !

Happy with the completely unknown songs to appear it gives hope that there might be some more treasures if 2 of the songs were completely unheard of. Where's there's smoke there's fire!!

Do I want to hear 5 outtakes of Tumbling Dice? Probably not...
Maybe Keith singing a Mick song and vice-versa...that would be a little bit interesting.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 4, 2010 19:23

JJHMick
Here is the ultimate Sophia Loren song. Maybe the Exile version is an answer?!
Peter Sarstedt, Where Do You Go To My Lovely

You talk like Marlene Dietrich
And you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire
Your clothes are all made by Balmain
And there's diamonds and pearls in your hair

You live in a fancy appartement
Of the Boulevard of St. Michel
Where you keep your Rolling Stones recordAnd a friend of Sacha Distel

But where do you go to my lovely
When you're alone in your bed
Tell me the thoughts that surround you
I want to look inside your head

I've seen all your qualifications
You got from the Sorbonne
And the painting you stole from Picasso
Your loveliness goes on and on, yes it does

When you go on your summer vacation
You go to Juan-les-Pines
With your carefully designed topless swimsuit
You get an even suntan, on your back and on your legs

When the snow falls you're found in St. Moritz
With the others of the jet-set
And you sip your Napoleon Brandy
But you never get your lips wet

I want to look inside your head, yes I do

Your name is heard in high places
You know the Aga Khan
He sent you a racehorse for chistmas
And you keep it just for fun, for a laugh haha

They say that when you get married
It'll be to a millionaire
But they don't realize where you came from
And I wonder if they really care, they give a damn

I want to look inside your head

I remember the back streets of Naples
Two children begging in rags
Both touched with a burning ambition
To shake off their lowly brown tags, yes they try

So look into my face Marie-Claire
And remember just who you are
Then go and forget me forever
'Cause I know you still bear
the scar, deep inside, yes you do

I know where you go to my lovely
I know the thoughts that surround you
'Cause I can look inside your head
this is a jagger/richards song? the lyrics are some of the glimmers finest imho !

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 4, 2010 19:27

No, it´s a Peter Sarstedt song.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 4, 2010 19:29

that song above has recently gained popularity again when it was featured in a movie - i just can't think of the name of the movie now, but it was a good film with that guy with the huge nose.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 4, 2010 19:31

Lorenz
that song above has recently gained popularity again when it was featured in a movie - i just can't think of the name of the movie now, but it was a good film with that guy with the huge nose.
Recently? As christmas? Big nose? Rudolph!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 4, 2010 19:32

mickijaggeroo
Lorenz
Recently? As christmas? Big nose? Rudolph!

almost! the darjeeling limited

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 5, 2010 16:42

Meanwhile, the band are set to release a reissue of their 1972 classic 'Exile On Main Street'
in May featuring a host of unreleased songs including 'Plunder My Soul', 'Following The River' and 'Sophia Loren'.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 7, 2010 21:32

ghostryder13 has already posted a kick-a** Alternate Exile. Really great sound quality.

[www.iorr.org]

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: January 7, 2010 22:47

This is cool and all, but who cares about three un-released tunes from 40 years ago?

I'm all for opening the vaults when the band is all done, but I couldn't care less about this release.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: January 7, 2010 23:24

I am anxious for listen the new Exile.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: January 7, 2010 23:33

[www.nme.com]

Meanwhile, the band are set to release a reissue of their 1972 classic 'Exile On Main Street' in May featuring a host of unreleased songs including 'Plunder My Soul', 'Following The River' and 'Sophia Loren'.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 7, 2010 23:35

ajc68
[www.nme.com]

Meanwhile, the band are set to release a reissue
of their 1972 classic 'Exile On Main Street' in
May featuring a host of unreleased songs
including 'Plunder My Soul', 'Following
The River' and 'Sophia Loren'.

Sounds better!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 8, 2010 06:08

James Kirk
This is cool and all, but who cares about three un-released tunes from 40 years ago?
''

I do, dammit!

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: January 8, 2010 11:38

OK, SO NOW WE KNOW THERE IS A REMASTER WITH THREE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS, BUT WILL THE REST OF THE ALBUM ALSO BE REMIXED? I REMEMBER HAVING READ SOMEWHERE THAT NEITHER MICK NOR KEITH ARE SATISFIED WITH THE MIX AND HOW THE ALBUM SOUNDS.
MATS

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 8, 2010 15:08

nm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-09 00:24 by Gazza.

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: January 8, 2010 15:58

A while ago there was a thread about Exile in 5.1. Since it was pictured here one could clearly see that it was a test pressing owned by Virgin, and that mix will probably never see the ligt of day. It was also for sale on E-bay. Has anyone here on this board heard it?
Mats

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 8, 2010 16:08

For the MILLIONTH TIME - and yes, this is in all capitals so it's clear:

EXILE ON MAIN STREET IS NOT BEING REMIXED.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 8, 2010 19:12

skipstone

Thanks for clearing that up!

Date: January 8, 2010 19:39

Heh heh. No fog over here, just frigidity.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 9, 2010 00:18

skipstone

Don't cry Skipstone. All re-releases are not remixed but only remastered. Correct?!
So, we could plenty of opportunities for the next reissues:
Remixed with bonus tracks
Remastered with bonus tracks
Remixed without bonus tracks
And in 2062 we get the originals in mono on vinyl again.

Date: January 9, 2010 00:30

Lorenz

Cracks me up. Who is that guy? "huge nose"

Date: January 9, 2010 01:03

JJHMick
skipstone

Don't cry Skipstone. All re-releases are not remixed but only remastered. Correct?!
So, we could plenty of opportunities for the next reissues:
Remixed with bonus tracks
Remastered with bonus tracks
Remixed without bonus tracks
And in 2062 we get the originals in mono on vinyl again.

Dude, you can't tell the difference between yelling and crying? I'm not the one asking the question. It's just that they, whoever "they" are, are NOT remixing Exile. That never was an issue. It never was suggested. Anything. Period. I don't have any concerns over it or wonder about it. Because there is no reason to.

Date: January 9, 2010 01:07

skipstone
Dude, you can't tell the difference between yelling and crying?

Alright, then let's weep together - about the missed chance to rerelease remixed/remastered originals iced with bonus stuff like unreleased never heard of songs.

Date: January 9, 2010 01:11

I would love to hear how Mick would remix Exile! It's just not going to happen, unfortunately. At least, that's certainly how it seems. Who knows, right? Maybe someday?

And yes, I would love to hear whatever, no matter how un-finished it is, that could be extra. Why not? The print will change - by rotting. Put it out there. A very certain core of Stones fans would love to have that kind of stuff that sounds as stellar as possible (compared to shitty boots).

Date: January 9, 2010 01:16

skipstone
I would love to hear how Mick would remix Exile!
I reduced your post to this as my answer is about that part (very interesting thoughts in the rest): Actually, I always wondered why Mick was complaining as they had the best studios, engineers and mastering technicians of the time at their hand!!!

Date: January 9, 2010 01:25

And that's just it - what is so bad about it? I don't hear anything that sucks. But he does it seems. So it would be different. Pearl Jam remixed Ten. I don't know for sure but it seems that not very many bands, as a whole, remix an old album. Seems that with Mick saying he'd like to remix it he would have just done it by now. Whether or not it would be released that way is something else. But certainly he's had plenty of time and access to do it.

Ah but he's been too busy with things like Dogshit In The Doorway and working with Dave Stewart and movies and other non-Stones projects. His fault.

He's lazy!!!

With the mixing of the tracks for the extra tracks for the Exile reissue they had, or he had, or Mick and Don had, the opportunity to remix Exile. What happened after the extra tracks...obviously Mick had to fly somewhere for a new suit or new shoes or something like that...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 9, 2010 01:41

DeliveranceStraightwayHoliness
Lorenz

Cracks me up. Who is that guy? "huge nose"
Michael Palin? No wait... That was "Big Nose" grinning smiley "One more word outta you, and I'll take you to @#$%&' cleaners". The man is a genious.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 9, 2010 04:49

skipstone
And that's just it - what is so bad about it? I don't hear anything that sucks. But he does it seems. So it would be different. Pearl Jam remixed Ten. I don't know for sure but it seems that not very many bands, as a whole, remix an old album. Seems that with Mick saying he'd like to remix it he would have just done it by now. Whether or not it would be released that way is something else. But certainly he's had plenty of time and access to do it.

Ah but he's been too busy with things like Dogshit In The Doorway and working with Dave Stewart and movies and other non-Stones projects. His fault.

He's lazy!!!

With the mixing of the tracks for the extra tracks for the Exile reissue they had, or he had, or Mick and Don had, the opportunity to remix Exile. What happened after the extra tracks...obviously Mick had to fly somewhere for a new suit or new shoes or something like that...

He is not lazy skip he just does not care about the old stuff..Mick has always been about the latest thing so the old classic Stones material is just filler for the concerts to draw the crowds..........

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home