Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: Ya Ya's reissue
Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 3, 2009 21:45

Same as for Mister J (l'chalet) but with Shipping & Handling: $9.98.
Total for this Shipment: $82.97

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 3, 2009 22:03

Mister J
to : Erik_Snow

I am sorry : I wrote Ebay - of course it was Amazon.......

Don't be sorry, mister J, I understood that it was a typo - when seeing the email that you pasted in, below

It's still quite strange, that they cancel some orders, while delivering to others

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 3, 2009 22:11

Mister J

I am living in France, I pre-ordered it a few weeks OK, and got a message today from ebay :

Total: $79.47

And I am pretty sure the mail you're talking about is from Amazon ,not eBay ...cool smiley

BTW ,call me next time you pay a visit to Lyon .You remember my phone number ,don't you ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 3, 2009 22:31

>> It's still quite strange, that they cancel some orders, while delivering to others <<

i thought it was the European amazons that cancelled the superdeluxe set,
but the US amazon is fulfilling orders. or have i missed something?

and if someone could check to see if the DVD is region-free or region-encoded that would be great.
i keep hoping it's going to be region-free NTSC all over the world ... but please let us know what you got from the US vendor

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: November 3, 2009 22:46

with sssoul, I can't seem to figure out whether the dvd is region-free or region-encoded and I'm looking at it right now and reading all the credits. I can say it plays fine on my dvd player but my player is all-region, so that probably doesn't solve anything.

To go back to the question of which versions are on the bonus audio disc, this is in the credits:

Unreleased Tracks

November 27, 1969-Under My Thumb/I'm Free
November 28, 1969 1st set- Satisfaction
November 28, 1969 2nd set-Prodigal Son, You Gotta Move

As I mentioned in a previous post, the version of Prodigal Son is definitely different from the video footage because Keith is in tune and doesn't end it early. I haven't compared the others yet, but based on one listen, I think the version of You Gotta Move sounded different as well.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 3, 2009 22:49

estimated delivery date: December 11, 2009

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: November 3, 2009 22:54

I just got my Ya-Ya's reissue-complete with 3 lps booklet,dvd,3 cd's and dvd about 20 minutes ago ..AND IT'S GOOD!!!.I live in ontario arrived in shops today(nov.3)total $81.00 and it is definetly worth it,I am glad I bought it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-03 22:57 by GimmieChris.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:14

>> with sssoul, I can't seem to figure out whether the dvd is region-free or region-encoded
and I'm looking at it right now and reading all the credits. I can say it plays fine on my dvd player
but my player is all-region, so that probably doesn't solve anything. <<

thank you kindly for checking, andrewm -
maybe someone has software that will tell us what region (if any) the disk is coded for?

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:24

All this talk of the Super Deluxe 3 LP set is making me feel a little buyers remorse, or perhaps a hint of jealously. Maybe I should of dropped the extra Fifty and got the big boy? But then again what am I gonna do with that great big beautiful box, and I don't even own a record player.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:33

studiorambo .....

A number of Melbourne record shops are bringing in the
US import of the Super Deluxe 3 LP set ........ Then it
gets local release first week of December so pretty safe bet that
shops like JB-HiFi will probably be carrying it at a slightly cheaper price

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:39

if you go to best buy (the store), the regular box is stickered at $65 (and rings up at $65). tell 'em it's on their website at $41.99 and they'll match it.
i also was lucky enough to pick up nirvana reading (dvd/cd) at the MISprice of the single dvd version, saving me a total of $35.00 on both!smiling bouncing smiley

Moment of Truth - What's your opinion on the YA-YA'S DVD in the box set, out today
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 3, 2009 22:56

Just finished watching it and I must say I was impressed. Now the thing is is you must approach it like a short film, GIMME SHELTER REDUX or something (The film is called "GET YER YA YA-S OUT" which is confusing because I would expect an entire concert on film with that title) because it's not really about the music exactly - well, it is but there's more. With that said the last music bit, SATISFACTION, kicks major ass because it's another version from another MSG show with Jagger just TOTALLY getting into the groove towards the end. It's as good as the GIMME SHELTER version but a different performance. I'm sure I'll watch it 100 times...

My Girl Friend who's seen the Stones live many times (from 89 to 99 - she's a bit younger) was amazed at how Natural Jagger seems to be (and that's the beauty of the 69 tour, Jagger was just being himself, from 1972 on Jagger was beginning this thing of "Doing" Jagger, never as free as 1969. The moves were more and more self conscious from tour to tour (excluding maybe 1975/76 were he did go back to a looser style - different than 69 but not as "Mick Jagger" as 1972 or anything from 81 on.

I must say that the very last bit in the film where the Stones are waiting for the Helicopter (along with Jerry Garcia and some others) to take them to ALTAMONT is effing funny AND bizarre. Never seen anything like it - I loved it, most interesting non-musical part of the film for me. BTW, PRODIGAL SON is the same version as the CRITERION COLLECTION GIMME SHELTER extras but with better sound and camera angle - Keith still stops too early. Cameo appearances by JIMI HENDRIX and JANIS JOPLIN are very short but nice to see. Still would love to have the whole MSG AND Altamont show on DVD - for that I would pay Beaucoup bucks, believe me !!! 1969 Tour ROCKS !!!

So, what's your take on it? (for those who have seen it only of course)

Re: Moment of Truth - What's your opinion on the YA-YA'S DVD in the box set, out today
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:11

Ahhhhhh thanks for ya words Helter ...
Sounds good ... lookin' forward to hearing ..viewing it ....Yeah!!!

Mick Jagger - MSG 1969 - Amalie R Rothschild

ROCKMAN

Re: Moment of Truth - What's your opinion on the YA-YA'S DVD in the box set, out today
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:16

Thanks for the review Helter. It sounds like fun.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:19

We have to wait one more month in Europe...thumbs downsad smiley

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:32

This should've been the set where they cut together, as much as possible, a composite of a full MSG performance for the DVD. That would've rocked.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:46

Great review, Helter Skelter!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 3, 2009 23:59

with sssoul

and if someone could check to see if the DVD is region-free or region-encoded that would be great.
i keep hoping it's going to be region-free NTSC all over the world ... but please let us know what you got from the US vendor

I´m wondering the same thing as the lovely with sssoul, as I´m about to buy both box sets from Amazon US. Now, usually music DVD:s are region 0, wich means they are playable on all DVD-players, but I just like to make sure before I buy, so could some kind person please help me and Lady sssoul?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:11

with sssoul
>> It's still quite strange, that they cancel some orders, while delivering to others <<

Once again; I made a post that was pointless...hmmm; I just thought mister J ordered it from amazon.UK since he lived in France.
Guess I outta read posts word-by-word before replying - instead of every 2nd line
Thanks for making me aware, With Sssoul

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:11

didn't see it at Best Buy...yet. are they only selling it online?

anybody have any luck at Best Buy?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:14

why all the concern about regian free DVD ?

I would think that MOST DVD's today would be Region Free
if not stick it in DVD Decryptor and do it yourself drinking smiley

Date: November 4, 2009 00:19

gripweed

if not stick it in DVD Decryptor and do it yourself drinking smiley

I play my DVD:s on a Playstation 3, and it has no problems with Blu-rays, but for regular DVD:s it´s still region coded, and no fix is available. So it will play region 0 and 2.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:23

sweet neo con
didn't see it at Best Buy...yet. are they only selling it online?

anybody have any luck at Best Buy?

Order it from amazon.com . The complete set including LPs is $71.99

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:29

gripweed

They are not

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:37

HelterSkelter
Still would love to have the whole MSG AND Altamont show on DVD - for that I would pay Beaucoup bucks, believe me !!! 1969 Tour ROCKS !!!

Fully supported without having seen the DVD of the new Ya Ya´s edition.
Thanks for the review anyway...

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:41

best buy around NE ohio had both versions. you can search their site to see if the BB closest to you has them on the shelves via zip code.
BTW from my previous post:
"if you go to best buy (the store), the regular box is stickered at $65 (and rings up at $65). tell 'em it's on their website at $41.99 and they'll match it."

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:43

mothra665
best buy around NE ohio had both versions. you can search their site to see if the BB closest to you has them on the shelves via zip code.
BTW from my previous post:
"if you go to best buy (the store), the regular box is stickered at $65 (and rings up at $65). tell 'em it's on their website at $41.99 and they'll match it."

thank you.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: November 4, 2009 00:59

I just ordered my Super Deluxe Box Set from Amazon for $71.99. Thanks for the info.

"And amusingly at last we have a name for the donkey on the cover - Jack." As in Jack Ass.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: November 4, 2009 01:06

I love that the dvd opens and closes to the tune of Keith playing 'Your Angel Steps Out of Heaven' on the piano (closing, it's just over the credits but at the beginning it cuts to the visual of him ending the song). Great shot during Satisfaction, too, of an aisle of kids all standing on their chairs and dancing away. Hendrix and Keith looking at his Dan Armstrong is nice too, can't quite make out what Jimi asks Keith but his response gets a laugh, whatever it is.

Date: November 4, 2009 01:14

andrewm
I love that the dvd opens and closes to the tune of Keith playing 'Your Angel Steps Out of Heaven' on the piano (closing, it's just over the credits but at the beginning it cuts to the visual of him ending the song). Great shot during Satisfaction, too, of an aisle of kids all standing on their chairs and dancing away. Hendrix and Keith looking at his Dan Armstrong is nice too, can't quite make out what Jimi asks Keith but his response gets a laugh, whatever it is.

Andrew, could you on the disc itself, if it says anything about region coding? (Sorry, if you already done it).

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home