Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Ya Ya's reissue
Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: November 28, 2009 20:18

Doxa, I tend to disagree -- if they don't get it with a full set of well-mixed 1969, they won't get Brussel's either, where Rambler is even longer.

Stray Cat Blues a "bloated disaster?" Oh my...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 28, 2009 21:14

texas fan
Doxa, I tend to disagree -- if they don't get it with a full set of well-mixed 1969, they won't get Brussel's either, where Rambler is even longer.

Stray Cat Blues a "bloated disaster?" Oh my...

I'm afraid you are right in this one... if a man is not given a taste what one can do...

but what bugs me is that when a new Stones album is released it is praised to hell no matter how medocre it is. That's been the rule since I remember. From UNDERCOVER on. I think it also shows a bit idiocy from a paper to let a men who obviously are anti-Stones to review an album that without ANY reasonable doubt is a part of modern cultural history. The same would be if the re-issues of the Beatles catalog would be given to be reviewed by a person who does not appreciate the band at all.

There are things that go beyond the average capacity of 'critic' to an effect that an opinion of a random person does not mean a shit any longer. If one does not 'get it' why something is appreciated as much at is, and important as it is, I think a decent person will look at a mirror or at least undersatnd to be shut up. Or a decent media would have a dignity enough to not release such a crap.

- Doxa

Posted by: respectable2009 ()
Date: November 28, 2009 21:27

Not to be too picky,but why 2 different cd's of the Stones live material? I think they should have just made one long(or 2 if necessary)cd and let the entire show run in sequence. In other words,a complete concert.

Posted by: Hiccup ()
Date: November 29, 2009 19:24

Thanks DandelionPowderman - sent you an e-mail too smileys with beer

Hiccup drinking smiley

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 30, 2009 12:30

Does anyone know where the title get yer Ya Ya's out comes from, my brother plays in a band called the Ya Ya's, taked from the album name?

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: November 30, 2009 16:26

<<Does anyone know where the title get yer Ya Ya's out comes from>>

From the Blind Boy Fuller song, Get Your Yas Yas Out

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2009 16:46

It's an old New Orleans expression meaning to do something that society frowns upon such as boozing, smoking pot, fighting or acting in an irresponsible way while having fun.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 1, 2009 11:34

Doxa
But I need to add that for the sake of ignorant people like those two reviewers there I really hope that: PLEASE RELEASE BRUSSELLS AFFAIR OFFICIALLY and give those idiots a lesson WHAT IS ULTIMATE ROCK&ROLL AS IT SHOULD BE PLAYED!!!!

It really upsets me that the people doesn't even know how great band The Stones actually is. Open the gaddamn vaults!

- Doxa

Well said.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out....deluxe OR super-deluxe??????
Date: December 1, 2009 11:36

Hiccup
Hehehe....Yeah I used to write on here from like 2001 to 2004 but stopped in 2004 cos all this internet-stuff (not just on here) caused too much problems in my personal life....I guess once you start talking to people offline it all can get a bit complicated.

So anyway, the other day I just had a look on here and just couldnt resist to sign up again and am glad to see some of the old gang are still here....Adriano, Imposter, DandelionPowderman and quite a few others.

Anyhow.....nice to meet you Sway....just finishing my drink now...and the last 11 minutes....

Hiccup drinking smiley

Well ,nice to meet you too .
Yeas ,the truth is that computer things can be very time consuming .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out....deluxe OR super-deluxe??????
Date: December 1, 2009 11:39

UrbanSteel
Honestman
UrbanSteel
they have the hardcover version .

With the US Version ?

No Pascal , the Europe version

The USA Version ;
A ) Soft Cover
B ) Big Poster

The Europe Version
A ) Hardcover
B ) Small Poster

I've got the USA version .But my poster isn't cut on the feet .confused smiley
If I had have the choice I would choose Big poster & Hardcover .

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: December 1, 2009 18:48

Just finally got my copy of this. I was surprised to hear a difference in sound from this in comparison to the 2002 remaster. While some reviews said there was little difference or upgrade (if any at all), my ears hear a pretty distinct difference. The 40th anniversary version sounds brighter, a little louder, and seems to have a tad more punch to it. That's not to say I think it's BETTER than the 02 remaster, as some may prefer it's muddier, grungy kind of sound. I'll have to play the two side by side to really get an idea which I prefer, or if I indeed prefer one over the other.

IN the meantime, I won't hold out much hope for a 40th anniversary 'No Security' to come out when I am around 60.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: December 26, 2009 20:35

Ok so It's December 26 and I just now got my copy of the Ya Ya's Deluxe Edition. I wanted to hold out til Christmas if I could and I'm sort of glad I did. My sister bought me the Super Deluxe Edition (even though my record player doesn't work) and it's nice to have all this stuff. I haven't listened to the remastered original album yet, but I have watched the dvd and listened to the bonus tracks and the B.B. King/Ike And Tina Turner cd.

First off, I'm pleasantly surprized that we get different versions of the bonus songs on the cd and the dvd. I expected to simply get the audio from the dvd on the bonus cd. The cd from the opening acts is nice too.

The disappointment, which I basically already knew from reading posts on this board, it that the dvd is a missed opportunity. A complete '69 show on dvd would have been great, but at the very least, they could have compiled all the performance footage from "Gimme Shelter", including the bonus footage, along with the "new" bonus footage onto the dvd. Like many others, I feel that a dvd with only 27 minutes or so of footage is a terrible waste.

Now, I read awhile back that there was going to be new bonus material on the next release of "Gimme Shelter" including a performance of "Sympathy for the Devil" among others. Is this true? Or was it just an unfounded rumor?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home