Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Just Change the Settings Back PLEASE!
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 17, 2009 21:20

I don't like how when you're at the bottom of the screen, you have to scroll to the top to get back to the message list.

i also don't like when you search, it brings you to the first page of the topic rather than the page the search item appears on. Perhaps my settings are wrong on that one, if anyone knows how to fix that, please let me know.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 17, 2009 21:23

i don't like it that when you put butter on your popcorn that it only oozes down about 1/3 of the bag. please fix that while you're fixing things.

Re: What happened to IORR - the board design?
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 17, 2009 21:27

I am using windows, with Firefox browser. I just logged out, and logged back in, and everything went back to the way it was...no differences whatsoever.

JR

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 17, 2009 21:30

CindyC
I don't like how when you're at the bottom of the screen, you have to scroll to the top to get back to the message list.

i also don't like when you search, it brings you to the first page of the topic rather than the page the search item appears on. Perhaps my settings are wrong on that one, if anyone knows how to fix that, please let me know.

I could not agree more. These suggestions or recommendations can only make this a better web site. Who knows? Maybe bv (the beaver!) will one day receive an award for "Internet Excellence."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-17 21:31 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 17, 2009 23:54

So some of you don't know how to flush your browser's cache, right?
it's easy kid's stuff!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 18, 2009 00:06

CindyC

Yep !!!
But everything is OK now.

But THIS drives me mad - not crazy ,I mean in a wrong way-

I think we all need a @#$%&' tour !!

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: June 18, 2009 00:14

CindyC

Sorry Cindy, sugar - but these aren't issues with the temporary template change (which indeed is back to normal)
a "back to messageboard list" button on the south side of a thread has been missed and discussed in Feb. '08. I'm all for it aswell.

The search gizmo brings you to the page that matches your input keywords. ...and thats what I expect.
but there haven't been any changes in there - well, as far as I'm aware.

Date: June 18, 2009 02:22

As stated previously I can only obtain the classic template via Internet Explorer as opposed to the preferrable Firefox.

One noticable difference - The quotes are not "boxed" or outlined.

Anyone else with same issue?

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: June 18, 2009 02:51

Can't get the 'classic' version to work at all. 'Emerald Green' seems the next best thing, for now, anyway.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 18, 2009 04:56

open-g
CindyC

Sorry Cindy, sugar - but these aren't issues with the temporary template change (which indeed is back to normal)
a "back to messageboard list" button on the south side of a thread has been missed and discussed in Feb. '08. I'm all for it aswell.
quote]

Not exactly sure what you guys are talking about. But at the bottom of a page you can just click on message list,without posting and that will bring you back to the top of page 1.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-18 16:47 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: princerupert ()
Date: June 18, 2009 09:03

My whole screen is a mess!! stuff/words are mixed up all over the place. This is not fun to read. Do I have find another messageboard? Sad day

PR

Posted by: asmund ()
Date: June 18, 2009 10:18

If the layout is a mess you should try holding down the 'Shift' key while clicking the 'Refresh' button. Then your browser should update all files needed to make look like it used to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-18 10:20 by ossi.

Posted by: princerupert ()
Date: June 18, 2009 11:22

thanx, its back the way it used to be
thank god

would be the same if Coca Cola would change the taste of the original Coke.

PR

Date: June 18, 2009 14:27

sweetcharmedlife

Not exactly sure what you guys are talking about. But at the bottom of a page you can just click on message list,without psoting and that will bring you back to the top of page 1.

Hey, thanx for the hint, SCL.

now how did I miss that?

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: June 18, 2009 14:45

Hey Open-g,

Shouldn't it be ...

I need a shot of salvation, once in a while.
Hear the whistle blowing, baby, hear it for a thousand miles.
???

Date: June 18, 2009 14:55

Filip020169
Hey Open-g,

Shouldn't it be ...

I need a shot of salvation, once in a while.
Hear the whistle blowing, baby, hear it for a thousand miles.
???

Depends on what version you're listening to winking smiley

Re: Board Settings
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 18, 2009 18:33

sweetcharmedlife

Not exactly sure what you guys are talking about. But at the bottom of a page you can just click on message list, without posting and that will bring you back to the top of page 1.

Either am I blind or something weird is going on. I just can't find "message list" at the bottom of a page, to click on. (I am meanwhile running on the Emerald version.) Can anyone help, please?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 18, 2009 18:45

dead.flowers

sweetcharmedlife

Not exactly sure what you guys are talking about. But at the bottom of a page you can just click on message list, without posting and that will bring you back to the top of page 1.

Either am I blind or something weird is going on. I just can't find "message list" at the bottom of a page, to click on. (I am meanwhile running on the Emerald version.) Can anyone help, please?

Look for this.

Goto: Forum List•Message List•Search•My Control Center•Log Out (sweetcharmedlife)

Right underneath the last post on a page.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 18, 2009 18:52

I got on to have a look - it was back to the way that makes sense.

Logged on - it changed. Clicked on another thread and voila, back to the Green Monster! I've done the shift refresh - nothing.

Date: June 18, 2009 20:02

skipstone
I got on to have a look - it was back to the way that makes sense.

Logged on - it changed. Clicked on another thread and voila, back to the Green Monster! I've done the shift refresh - nothing.

Which browser are you using? I use IE and Firefox and the classic template now appears normal in both browsers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-18 21:19 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 18, 2009 21:20

Skip - Try logging off, clearing your cache & then logging back in (if you haven't done so already - that worked for me).

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 18, 2009 21:22

WMiller
Skip - Try logging off, clearing your cache & then logging back in (if you haven't done so already - that worked for me).

if that doesn't work, try heaving your pc out the window and bashing it around ab it. then plug it back in and try it again. that was the cure for me....

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 18, 2009 22:27

I feel somewhat left out here - the layout of the board has never changed for me!
I wonder why?
I'm using good old IE.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 18, 2009 23:12

ossi
If the layout is a mess you should try holding down the 'Shift' key while clicking the 'Refresh' button. Then your browser should update all files needed to make look like it used to.

On Pc, it actually is the 'Control' (or 'Ctrl' or 'Strg' key,) the 1st key on bottom left, not 'Shift'.

and for anyone who's forever searching the 'refresh button' - it is the F5 button in the top row of your keyboard.

so it's: Ctrl + F5 to refresh.

Date: June 18, 2009 23:14

Skip, you need to log on, choose the Classic template, click submit and then Ctrl + F5.
then you're done.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 19, 2009 10:26

sweetcharmedlife
dead.flowers

sweetcharmedlife

Look for this.

Goto: Forum List•Message List•Search•My Control Center•Log Out (sweetcharmedlife)

Right underneath the last post on a page.

Yes, and thank you truly, SCL, I've found it, however in a setting that gives me no satisfaction, default or whatever it may be named. Hence, in the Emerald Setting - which I meanwhile fancy - that feature (hyperlink at the bottom of a page to return to Message List) does still not exist, right?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 19, 2009 20:51

I have Firefox. I despise IE. And what Firefox I'm not sure. 3.1 or whatever the latest update was.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 19, 2009 21:26

Really don't know what this is all about. I am on Firefox and it is still the same as it used to be. Nothing changed here. I will try again on IE

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 19, 2009 21:27

Nothing changed on IE as well

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 19, 2009 22:02

I saw the new design this week. Felt a little bit confused, lost and mitigated. Then tonight, the "one" I was used to came back as a miracle. Can't we change ? Are we a bunch of old people sticked to a screen page like we are to an Old Band ? It's funny though : we are always screaming for new songs among the existing catalog but nothing is better thab a warhorse. I am sure this page will be redesigned when The Ultimate Tour will be announced. Thus, shortly.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home