Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: What happened to IORR - the board design?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 28, 2009 01:19

Perhaps I should have put a smiley behind that. It wasn't intended the way you took it.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 28, 2009 01:28

Edith Grove
Perhaps I should have put a smiley behind that. It wasn't intended the way you took it.

Fair enough and I have always enjoyed your excellent posts and pics. This thread or topic is actually serious business to many members in the forum. Again, I like the simplicity and uncluttered graphics of this format. What's your opinion if any? Thanks

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 28, 2009 01:37

Chris Fountain
I like the simplicity and uncluttered graphics of this format.

Yeah, me too. I'm still using the "classic" format.

It seems to me that we'll eventually lose the old format, if I understand BV correctly.
When that happens, I'll play around with the various formats offered, and see what I like.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 28, 2009 01:46

simplicity rules

Date: June 28, 2009 02:16

Speaking of simplicity, here some great simple sites..........

[www.papertoilet.com]

[www.purple.com]

[www.biglongnow.com]

[www.shibumi.org]

Date: June 28, 2009 14:50

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but,alot of this depends on which web browser you use. The board stopped working well with the "Opera" browser so,I switched my preferences to the "Emerald Green" theme & everything has worked fine since.

All of the other web browsers that I have tried still work with the old,original lay-out - at least after following the instructions in the first post.

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: June 29, 2009 18:56

The reason for the change is because this layout - the old one - is going out of production in the forum. We are simply hanging on to the past. At one point it will be gone, may be or probably, I am not sure, but that is the reason why the new one was on by default. So far I changed back into the old one is on by default. Because browsers have they own way of life, you hade to use Ctrl + F5 and/or Shift + F5 if IORR looks weired on your screen.

Bjornulf

Fair enough, but the new one was so hard to read and follow. I couldn't tell where one thing ended and the next began, it was not very user-friendly. If your going to change, it needs to be in a way that updates the look, while retaining the simplicity and functionality of the original, which is a great design I feel, because of how well it works, regardless of how boring and old it may be. Hmmmm, boring and old. Kind of like the Rolling Stones at this point.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 29, 2009 22:25

WOW! So, all of a sudden it's back to " normal"!? Why didn't BV just tell us he would go back to the old format eventually? It would have saved us all a lot of effort, and for me, wasted time, because I never did figure out how to " fix it".

Date: June 30, 2009 02:05

There seems to be confusion here over which format is the new one. There have been 3 total formats of the IORR board that I have seen. They are : the classic format that has been used for years ; the strange looking one that doesn't work well ; & the 3rd one is the Emerald Green format.

So,it looks like there are 2 new formats - one is not good but,the other one ( the emerald green format ) works fine.

The only thing that I do not like about the Emerald Green format is that the " Go To Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 " etc. is only at the bottom of the page & not also on the top of the page of a given thread. Also,there is no house icon for home - it just says " home " .

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 30, 2009 06:44

Mickschix, mine went back to normal later the same night,though not as quickly as it did for some, after I tried to restore it. Mayybe yours was on
some sort of delay...I don't know. :-)

Date: July 5, 2009 17:44

It took some time but I'm change to the new board design to "Emerald Green"

BV could make it a little bit better if he also place the "Go to page" on top of the page and mark all post as read lso on the end of the main Tell Me page

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-07 01:13 by NICOS.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 5, 2009 19:12

Those using the emerald green lay out should check out some photo threads and see how bad they look due to the pics being chopped up.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home