Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: What happened to IORR - the board design?
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 19, 2009 22:19

phd
I saw the new design this week. Felt a little bit confused, lost and mitigated. Then tonight, the "one" I was used to came back as a miracle. Can't we change ? Are we a bunch of old people sticked to a screen page like we are to an Old Band ? It's funny though : we are always screaming for new songs among the existing catalog but nothing is better thab a warhorse. I am sure this page will be redesigned when The Ultimate Tour will be announced. Thus, shortly.

No offense, but many times in life genius is found in simplicity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-19 22:23 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 19, 2009 23:31

True. Like most Keith's riffs.

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: June 20, 2009 00:11

This is crazy, Why is it doing this? I can change my screen but it wont stay that way. I have changed it several times and it will not stay as I set it.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 20, 2009 02:28

WOW! It worked! Ctrl and F5!

COOL!

Thanks.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: June 20, 2009 04:37

AHHH The security of feeling like your home! Back to the good ole look! : )
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 20, 2009 04:42

It's only Tell Me but I like it...Yes I do.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: June 20, 2009 14:46

Listen, we got it back. That's cool.Now move on....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 21, 2009 17:18

Well, I had my computer tech boyfriend try to FIX this mess for me and we got back to this format, which is a slight improvement over the way it was BUT it's still not great at all! Are we EVER Getting our CLASSIC FORMAT back?? IS BV leaving it this way?? If so, it really stinks!! Can't we make an appeal to get our board back?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 21, 2009 20:46

D/mickschix, most of us are back to exactly the way it was, I think...I had a bit of trouble getting it, and then, it appeared.

What browser are you on?

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: June 21, 2009 22:37

I changed my profile preference to the new design- way easier for me!

OLDKR

Date: June 22, 2009 02:40

ANGEE, I use AOL; hey, what are the settings that you use in the Control Room? That may b e my problem!! I know about IORR Classic but what are the rest of your settings that will bring me back to the old board? Thanks!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 22, 2009 05:02

Mickschix, please try this:

choose the Classic template (right here on IORR ) in "My Control Center", click submit.
then refresh your screen, by hitting both, Ctrl and F5 buttons on your keyboard.

that's it.

explanation.....xcuse me if you don't need this:
[www.seoconsultants.com]
CTRL = Control, located on the bottom row, on the left of your keyboard.
F5 = is on the top row, of your keyboard.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 22, 2009 05:48

Mickschix, if you tried what open-g said already, have you completely shut down your computer and rebooted it?

(Among all of us, we should be able to get you back to where you were!) grinning smiley

Date: June 22, 2009 17:23

Thanks so much OPEN G and ANGEE! I'll give it a try...so, tell me...how did you all figure this out!??

Date: June 22, 2009 17:35

OK, so I did that. It did not revert back to the OLD look but it is the way it was yesterday and that page set up is much better than it was last week. At least I can navigate and post, and add new topics etc. The colored background is now stark white, with the pages set up much like they were before with topics running down, top to bottom. Is this what all of you are seeing?

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 23, 2009 03:12

mickschix - I haven't followed your ordeal on this thread, so I don't know if you've done this yet, but have you tried logging out of IORR and then logging back in? That's what worked for me.

Date: June 23, 2009 17:09

Hey, I had a thought! Could someone email me what the page looks like for them ?( and apparently everyone except ME!) I'd like to see if it's what I see! Thanks. ( [email protected])

Date: June 23, 2009 17:43

Ummm,it's the same old design we had before.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 25, 2009 21:11

Debra, go to My Control Center > Forum Settings > Templates to see or change to the new template.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 26, 2009 00:34

mickschix
Hey, I had a thought! Could someone email me what the page looks like for them ?( and apparently everyone except ME!) I'd like to see if it's what I see! Thanks. ( [email protected])

Debra, this is what I see, and what I've always seen!:

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: June 26, 2009 02:04

Can someone please tell me the point of this thread being sticky?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 26, 2009 10:33

This thread is sticky because many people had problems reading the IORR forum following an upgrade recently. It is due to browser cash and other boring computer technicalities. The advice is to do one of the the following two keyboard combinations or activities in your browser,or simply log out and in, i.e. refresh the session:

Ctrl and F5
Shift and F5

Bjornulf

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 26, 2009 22:44

I tried both still the same, and I'm happy with that.

Tell you the truth, I never had any problems, for me it's the same as ten years back

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: June 27, 2009 00:24

I was following this thread at first but now it's 10 pages, so please excuse me for not searching for it myself, but, did BV ever give an exact reason for the change in the first place?

Date: June 27, 2009 02:30

boogie69
I was following this thread at first but now it's 10 pages, so please excuse me for not searching for it myself, but, did BV ever give an exact reason for the change in the first place?

This thread is sticky because many people had problems reading the IORR forum following an upgrade recently. It is due to browser cash and other boring computer technicalities. The advice is to do one of the the following two keyboard combinations or activities in your browser,or simply log out and in, i.e. refresh the session:

Ctrl and F5
Shift and F5

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 27, 2009 23:22

The reason for the change is because this layout - the old one - is going out of production in the forum. We are simply hanging on to the past. At one point it will be gone, may be or probably, I am not sure, but that is the reason why the new one was on by default. So far I changed back into the old one is on by default. Because browsers have they own way of life, you hade to use Ctrl + F5 and/or Shift + F5 if IORR looks weired on your screen.

Bjornulf

Date: June 27, 2009 23:38

"The reason for the change is because this layout - the old one - is going out of production in the forum. We are simply hanging on to the past."

My response:

Are you saying it will no longer be an option?

It seems when one watches a football game the traditional uniforms are usually more appealing to the eye.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 28, 2009 00:11

I hope not that the old/original one will disapear as an option.

If you want to get rid of the past you can change/modern the opening page

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 28, 2009 00:50

Chris Fountain
It seems when one watches a football game the traditional uniforms are usually more appealing to the eye.

YEAH ! Bring back the leather helmets !

Date: June 28, 2009 01:12

Edith Grove
Chris Fountain

YEAH ! Bring back the leather helmets !

I thought since you were in New Orleans my comment would be appreciated and understood. The Saints more or less have the same uniforms since inception. Obviousl,y I wasn't talking about the 1940s

I have never said one unkind word to you. I like this format and will defend it.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home