Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: OT, U2 2009 Tour starts in Barcelona!!
Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: March 20, 2009 15:23

I used to like them a LOT before bongo started saving the world. Plus their music has become lame. And why doesn;t that effer ever take off that stupid cap!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 20, 2009 18:41

I replied you already amigo
carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 20, 2009 21:47

From what I see of the staging, if you are not on the field, you are not really there. Seems that they would be primarily playing to those people.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 20, 2009 21:58

Today were pre-sales for many shows again. They sell out incredibly fast. With the new album, the promotion everywhere, there is no doubt, they are the biggest act at the moment. Magnificent and Breathe are absolutely great tunes from the new album.

sjouke

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: March 20, 2009 22:10

Was gonna get a ticket for the Glasgow gig.

Not a huge fan but I fancied seeing them live.

Sadly,due to power cut, was unable to get one of the credit crunch £30 seats that the band were promoting.

All standing TX gone (around £65 when fees are included)

The remainig tickets, which are widely available from many agencies would cost either £95 or £165.

At these prices I don't think they'll attract casual fans.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 21, 2009 12:17

The 2 Paris shows and the Nice one were over let us say before tickets went on sale, ie 200,000 tix. Prices were higher than for The Stones. Salute to Bono, He is as greedy as I would have imagine with a preach telling ticket prices would be lower than before. Some Nice tickets were sold up to 246 €. Mick has a lot to learn with this guy, master in economics of mass people.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 21, 2009 13:16

Sorry, but I need to correct you on this:

Paris 1 ist officially sold out - but you can still buy tickets. The Paris 2 sale had started, but then there were severe server problems so they took that show off again.

The sale for Paris 2 will restart today, tomorrow or on Monday, as soon as they fixed their servers - but so far, only a few tickets for Paris 2 have been sold due to the server crash.

Prices were not higher than for the Stones. 80% of the tickets are below 95 Euros. GA is about 55 Euros. That is cheaper than the Stones.

And right, some very few tickets for a so called "Red Zone" which is left and right of the stage are being sold for about 250 Euros. Compare that to the 450 Euro-onstage tickets on the Stones last tour.

And to the above mentioned F.C. Barcelona member's sale: It wasn't 20.000 tickets, only 14.000. Of about 100.000. So what? Great to have many Spanish people in da house!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 21, 2009 14:24

I don't know about Paris - although if it is true that there are quite alot of tickets still available at reasonable prices and reasonable seating, then I may go there instead of London and combine it as a holiday to France.
The London date didn't look so good to me. 10 mins after on-sale time of 9am, the standing had all sold out (apparently) and I was offered 2 nose-bleed (top level) for £85 (the 2nd most expensive, the top price being £150). This was before an extra £15-20 booking fee per seat was added.
Admittedly the nose-bleed seats were the stage end and I presume the "credit crunch" £30 seats would be at the other end, but still. Although I like their music, I obviously don't like it enough to pay that much for a fairly rubbish seat.

I also hate having to pay either Ticketmaster or Live Nation (or are they the same people now?)!

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 21, 2009 15:40

The prices for u2's Paris gig are unusual, so it's difficult to compare with other bands: standing places in the (normal) field are more expensive than the worst seating/tier places.
The price of these bad seating places is 34,50 euros.
On the field (basic, not golden or simila): 61,80 euros in Paris, 87,50 euros in Nice!!!

Yesterday I tried to get some (cheap) places all the morning, totally impossible on internet... hope it'll be possible for the second one on 12th.

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: March 21, 2009 18:02

MarthaTuesday
I don't know about Paris - although if it is true that there are quite alot of tickets still available at reasonable prices and reasonable seating, then I may go there instead of London and combine it as a holiday to France.
The London date didn't look so good to me. 10 mins after on-sale time of 9am, the standing had all sold out (apparently) and I was offered 2 nose-bleed (top level) for £85 (the 2nd most expensive, the top price being £150). This was before an extra £15-20 booking fee per seat was added.
Admittedly the nose-bleed seats were the stage end and I presume the "credit crunch" £30 seats would be at the other end, but still. Although I like their music, I obviously don't like it enough to pay that much for a fairly rubbish seat.

I also hate having to pay either Ticketmaster or Live Nation (or are they the same people now?)!

I think that you are like me.

Would be willing to pay £30-£40 to see U2 but the only seats now available (and there are many) will cost at least £95 for a relatively faraway seat.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 21, 2009 21:33

So what is the tour called - U2 360 or Kiss The Future?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 22, 2009 04:15

socialdistortion
I used to like them a LOT before bongo started saving the world. Plus their music has become lame. And why doesn;t that effer ever take off that stupid cap!

because he is bald!!!!!!!

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: March 24, 2009 01:58

As mentioned in previous post some days ago, it was a matter of time. Now Paris and London with a second show. On wenesday when Barcelona will be SOLD OUT, they will announce a second show....let see if more cities gets additional shows...

Date: March 24, 2009 04:27

Do you really think the band sets the ticket prices? It's a Live Nation tour just like the Stones were. Live Nation sets the prices and makes the majority of the profits. And in case you don't know it, Larry Mullen calls the shots for U2 not Bono. All business decisions are made by Larry and Paul McGuiness.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 24, 2009 05:26

Even Bono can't influence the tides - 2 feet above normal tomorrow (March 24th).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 25, 2009 18:37

allaboutthe music
Do you really think the band sets the ticket prices? It's a Live Nation tour just like the Stones were. Live Nation sets the prices and makes the majority of the profits.

Nope.

The Stones set their own ticket prices. Jagger admitted it in an interview in Forbes Magazine in 2002.

Its nonsensical to think that Live Nation would impose a vastly different price structure on each of it's acts.

Anyway, just heard that u2 have announced a third show at Dublin's Croke Park for Monday July 27th. Tickets on sale next Wednesday (April 1st) at 8 am.

Date: March 25, 2009 19:00

That's right Dublin has the 3rd show.
Barcelona SOLD OUT in 50 minutes. Pitch in 10.
Talking about ticket prices, I don't know who is the responsable to fix them but I consider an extraordinary profit business or even black mail, at your wish, to be responsable of selling tickets.
My Barcelona 85€ ticket has an increase of 11€ (which is a 13% ) for handling and delivery charges in the same box office.

Date: March 26, 2009 13:24

Now Barcelona 2nd show for 2nd June as expected. More "surprises" coming!!!

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: March 26, 2009 14:19

Sorry Llangueras,but second show for Barcelona is 2nd July!

Date: March 26, 2009 14:34

Glups, you are right.
See you next week ACDC show in Sant Jordi

Date: March 26, 2009 16:42

You are right Jordi!!
Second show in Barcelona confirmed!!!
I am going June 30th, thanks to Patrick alias Pappo!!
See you very soon!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: March 26, 2009 18:30

And Pappo, million thanks!!!
Check your mail, Llargueras no problem, Hoping to see you June 30th as well if you are going, if not, at Palau SJ with acdc ok?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 26, 2009 21:36

Toonight at 00:00 starts the tickets sale for Croatia. We are chasing 9 tickets, hoping to buy them...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 27, 2009 19:02

Sister Marie
The prices for u2's Paris gig are unusual, so it's difficult to compare with other bands: standing places in the (normal) field are more expensive than the worst seating/tier places.
The price of these bad seating places is 34,50 euros.
On the field (basic, not golden or simila): 61,80 euros in Paris, 87,50 euros in Nice!!!

Yesterday I tried to get some (cheap) places all the morning, totally impossible on internet... hope it'll be possible for the second one on 12th.

Hi Sister Marie !
As I wrote earlier,my husband and some friends of us bought their tickets for July the 11th in Paris;one of the guy paid 50 euros for pre sale,andfinally everybody has tickets for "pelouse" (How is it called in English ?????)

CONFIRMATION DE COMMANDE / ORDER CONFIRMATION :
Nous avons le plaisir de vous confirmer que votre commande a bien
été enregistrée et nous vous remercions d'avoir utilisé nos services.
Your order has been taken into account and we thank you.

Votre commande / Your order :
Référence commande / Reference order :
Montant total / Amount :
(Envoi recommandé / Signature Confirmation mail)

Manifestation / Event : U2- 360 TOUR
Lieu / Place : STADE DE FRANCE
Date / Date : 11 juil 2009 20:00
Quantité / Quantity : 4
Catégorie / Category : PL

61 euros for one tix;

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 27, 2009 19:06

Sorry if this has been posted before:

Inside U2's Plans to Rock Stadiums Around the Globe
Band plans its most ambitious tour ever behind new 'No Line'
BRIAN HIATTPosted Mar 23, 2009 7:47 AM

.Toward the end of U2's last tour, in November 2006, longtime show director Willie Williams presented the band with sketches of a four-legged monster — a massive structure with speakers mounted on each side that would allow the group to play stadium shows in the round. On the new U2 360° Tour, which hits the U.S. beginning September 12th, in Chicago (and kicks off in Barcelona, on June 30th), Williams' vision will finally come to life. "The band is just sitting in the palm of the audience's hand," says Williams. "It really works." Adds Bono, "It creates this real physical proximity to the crowd."

The U.S. dates (13 cities this fall, and then another leg in spring 2010) will be U2's first stadium shows here since their troubled PopMart Tour — and in a nod to the economic crisis, tickets will be priced as low as $30. "Once the engineering had been devised, it obviously has the effect of expanding the capacity of the stadiums," says U2 manager Paul McGuinness. "And it enables us to subsidize lower-priced tickets with higher-priced tickets." Adds drummer Larry Mullen Jr., "Will we sell it out? Who knows? Will the economic situation have an impact? Probably. But that's not going to stop us." With 120 trucks needed just to cart the stage around, the tour will be U2's most expensive ever — the band will defray costs in part by taking on a corporate sponsor for the first time, BlackBerry. (Conscious of its environmental impact, the group will be purchasing carbon offsets.)

U2 have already had a chance to play live versions of several songs from No Line on the Horizon, which came out on March 3rd — their promotional blitz included an entire week on the David Letterman show, as well as a March 11th theater gig just outside of Boston. The band is also shooting a video for the album's second single, "Magnificent" — among the candidates for future singles are "Breathe" and "Moment of Surrender."

Bono hopes the tour will be more than just a spectacle. "We want to play for each other as much as we want to play for the crowd this time," he says. "You just don't know how long you are going to be doing this. When we walk out onstage, the hairs on people's necks go up — but what people don't know is that the hairs on our necks go up too."

Meet the Claw: U2's Massive New Stage Set:

Inspiration: U2 show director Willie Williams got the idea for the in-the-round set (nicknamed "the Claw") from the futuristic, Disney-style Theme Building at LAX: It looks like a spaceship on four legs.

Structure: At 164 feet tall, the Claw, Williams says, is twice as high as the previous largest stadium stage set, from the Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang tour. "Theirs would fit underneath this one," he says.

Sound System: Each of the Claw's four sides will have its own full-size sound system — each powerful enough for an entire arena. There will also be 72 separate subwoofers.

Logistics: Currently being assembled in pieces around the world, the set will be made of solid steel — 120 trucks will cart it from show to show.

[From Issue 1075 — April 2, 2009]

[www.rollingstone.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2009 22:41

Bitches Brew
Toonight at 00:00 starts the tickets sale for Croatia. We are chasing 9 tickets, hoping to buy them...

I think this is a great time to sell tickets. I got Springsteen tickets for Milan a year ago and was amazed to see the onsale time being midnight.

Much easier in this day and age to do it that way instead of expecting people to interrupt their work schedules to buy tickets at 8 or 9 am.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 27, 2009 22:56

Gazza
Bitches Brew

I think this is a great time to sell tickets. I got Springsteen tickets for Milan a year ago and was amazed to see the onsale time being midnight.

Much easier in this day and age to do it that way instead of expecting people to interrupt their work schedules to buy tickets at 8 or 9 am.

You're totally right. We managed to buy 9 tickets for my friends and me, alldow we were on internet from 00:00 - 04:00, because I think the server collapsed every couple of minutes.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 28, 2009 13:30

Gazza

I already spent 2 sleepless nights, but have tickets for 2 shows. Can't wait for them to arrive...

Date: March 28, 2009 18:25

Rumours today in Barcelona: A 3rd SHOW IS ALMOST SURE. It will be anounced next tuesday or wenesday after 2nd show will be SOLD OUT. in the meantime today as Barça supporter, I get two tickets for 2nd show. To be continued......

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 28, 2009 19:03

It seems U2 is selling tickets at the pace of the economic crisis is deepening and setting new records. Is Bono the New Attila of Rock. No places for the other groups.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home