Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: OT, U2 2009 Tour starts in Barcelona!!
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 11, 2009 23:38

Jajajajajajajaj!!!
Te lo haré saber en cuanto sepa algo seguro!!!
Hace unos años estuvo por aqui en Enero, Van Morrison, 25 grados centígrados!!!!
Vaaamoosss!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

llargueras
First question, talking about the stage, does anybody know how many stages are touring in order extra shows. (Usually the Stones got three "steels" touring). Another question is about arena gigs in winter time. Is there any smaller stage? I can't see they playing always outdoor, unless they visit South America (Argentina, Brasil,...) and Australia /New Zealand in December - January - February. Even for me in Barcelona, these months are quiet cold, more for you living in States, Uk, Holland, Germany,...not for Carlitos in Canary Island.
Carlitos propon un concierto en Tenerife en Enero 2010,...me apunto!!!

Date: March 11, 2009 23:39

Vaaamosss Jordi!!!!

Ya falta poco para los amigos ACDC en Barna, and FCBarcelona 5 Vs LYon 2!!!
Vaaamosss!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 12, 2009 00:17

socialdistortion
Also, ask bongo when he will be finished saving the world

He will be finished when we see him wearing a long rose colored cape color coordinated to match his glasses, with a ridiculous throne on his head, and a smug smile that reveals he really does think he is Napoleon, only problem is he hasn't done anything for the world, just put a few hundred more mil in his new bank.
B-O-N-O turn the -N- 90 degrees either way!!

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: March 12, 2009 00:58

I have seen U2 almost as much as the Stones (22 times). I have become pissed about his preaching. Them being worth over a Billion dollars (U.S.). The Edge buying a $25 million dollar boat- then spending tens of millions more to fix it up. Moving their business from Ireland to Netherlands to shelter taxes; even though they tell countries to send in a percent of their GDP for Africa. ALL of this pisses me off. I spend $150 for a ticket- and he tells me to give to the poor.Ticks me off big time.

BUT,

Then you listen to the music. I love 6 songs on their new album; I wanted to hate it for all of the reasons in the first paragraph. But,I love their music and lyrics.

I forgot sometimes why we love the Stones and other bands- it's the music- period.

When the stones canceled Hawaii for reasons I thought were sad, I was pissed. Then I saw them in Vegas and London- I believe again. It's the music and performances is why I love them. You can get lost in the stupid stuff sometimes.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 12, 2009 01:21

Anybody knows if there is FOS in Germany ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 12, 2009 03:04

llargueras
First question, talking about the stage, does anybody know how many stages are touring in order extra shows. (Usually the Stones got three "steels" touring). Another question is about arena gigs in winter time. Is there any smaller stage? I can't see they playing always outdoor, unless they visit South America (Argentina, Brasil,...) and Australia /New Zealand in December - January - February. Even for me in Barcelona, these months are quiet cold, more for you living in States, Uk, Holland, Germany,...not for Carlitos in Canary Island.

The basic layout of the tour is Euro July/Aug., America Sept.-Oct, a total of 40-45 shows this year; more stadiums in America in June/July next year, then Aug/Sept in Europe, then tentatively South America in the fall of 2010 for potentially as many as 90-100 shows over the next two years.

It's all stadiums.

Hardly unusual. The Stones have done that in the past.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 12, 2009 09:51

Papo
Not exactly false tickets, but those tickets are way too expensive.

Regular tickets cost between 30 Euros and 150 Euros. Field tickets for Milan, which we bought today, cost 55 Euros.

At worldticketoutsonline they resell tickets at a high prize. Tickets which they haven't got - yet.
Thanksfor your answer,Papo.
You're right,the tickets are too expensive.But I was very surprised by reading that field tickets cost 55 euros ;really low isn't it?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 12, 2009 11:51

Just saw the very interesting stage desing. However in most of he stadium the stage is not in the middle but like all other end of stages at one side of the stadium. So it does not make any sens to have such a stage which even blocks the view for some spectature because of the side columns

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: March 12, 2009 20:45

Hi Gazza probably you are right, but nine months between end States tour in October 2009 and re-start in June 2010, seems to be a long time and economically speaking in order to amortize to be on the road one or two years and cover all tour expenses, the answer is simple: more shows, more earnings, and seconds or even third shows in the same stadium or venue, (in case of sold out) the earnings are bigger

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: March 12, 2009 21:47

carlitosbaez
Vaaamosss Jordi!!!!

Ya falta poco para los amigos ACDC en Barna, and FCBarcelona 5 Vs LYon 2!!!
Vaaamosss!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Que poquito queda. Y como disfrutamos con el Barça!!! No como otros que van chorreando!

We will celebrate Angus birthday!!!

Date: March 12, 2009 22:19

JAjajajaja, si mucho chorreo últimamente en la capital del Reino...la pájara les empieza a ellos,
Big Hug to all spaniards and castellano speakers over here!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: March 12, 2009 22:51

Jordi, Carlitos, see you in Sant Jordi. Call me 600923593

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: March 13, 2009 02:13

I'm surprised at how few tour dates are verified, I thought they'd be doing at least a hundred shows?

Some vids and info:

[www.squidoo.com]

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Date: March 13, 2009 03:16

llargueras
Hi Gazza probably you are right, but nine months between end States tour in October 2009 and re-start in June 2010, seems to be a long time and economically speaking in order to amortize to be on the road one or two years and cover all tour expenses, the answer is simple: more shows, more earnings, and seconds or even third shows in the same stadium or venue, (in case of sold out) the earnings are bigger

They're planning to put another studio album out later this year...already finished apparently.

maybe thats the reason for the large gap. That said, that quote I posted doesnt include Australia. maybe they'll play there early 2010, which is the summer there.

Date: March 13, 2009 03:17

hutz13
I'm surprised at how few tour dates are verified, I thought they'd be doing at least a hundred shows?

they will be, but I'd imagine its somewhat implausible to be announcing specific dates for 2010 this early.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 13, 2009 09:57

Last night the pre-sales startes for the Milano concert. It was really very hard to score some tickets on line. Currently, one one category is still available.

[www.ticketone.it]

sjouke

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 13, 2009 10:10

I am not going to see them,finally.My husband will go to the Paris'show.
I like some of their music,but I can't help being irritated by Bono's behaviour on stage & interviews;can't separate that feeling from U2 'music.

And I am sure that during the concert,I would have felt frustated of not being at a Stones show instead

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 13, 2009 10:43

I prefer Real Madrid! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 13, 2009 11:13

Amsterdamned
I prefer Real Madrid! tongue sticking out smiley

My condolences. grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 13, 2009 11:52

Thanks!sad smiley

Date: March 13, 2009 12:24

JordiStones...et casses el 5 de Juny?

Date: March 13, 2009 12:50

No... per que?
Em vaig casar a Las Vegas ja fa deu anys!

Tinc el teu teléfon. Et trucarem el dia de ACDC quan arribi en Carlitos.
Vius a BCN?

Date: March 13, 2009 12:54

Soc de Sant Cugat. estic amb un catering i el 5 de Juny un Jordi Guell es cassa amb nosaltres. Espero la vostra trucada

Date: March 13, 2009 13:01

ok

Posted by: mosquito ()
Date: March 13, 2009 16:55

Milan(1 Show)confused smileyOLD OUT, 80,000 TICKETS
Gothenburg(2 shows): SOLD OUT ,130,000 TICKETS

They are the biggest band in the world at the moment.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 13, 2009 17:34

And i´m going to both shows in Gothenburg!!

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 13, 2009 19:36

For the 2nd show in Gothenborg are still tickets available.

[www.ticnet.se]

sjouke

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 13, 2009 19:50

Nope...

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: March 13, 2009 20:05

Gazza
llargueras

The basic layout of the tour is Euro July/Aug., America Sept.-Oct, a total of 40-45 shows this year; more stadiums in America in June/July next year, then Aug/Sept in Europe, then tentatively South America in the fall of 2010 for potentially as many as 90-100 shows over the next two years.

It's all stadiums.

Hardly unusual. The Stones have done that in the past.

South America? Rio on the Atlantic like the Stones. MAN! What an event!

CBII

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: March 13, 2009 20:08

Sjouke
For the 2nd show in Gothenborg are still tickets available.

[www.ticnet.se]

sjouke

Ah, the Elite Hotel in Gothenborg... Simply Heaven!

CBII

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home