Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Undercover complete recording sessions
Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: March 17, 2017 14:08

What has happened to these two of dennycranium post:

Files (680 MB total)
RMP 37 - (cool smiley Undercover Alternate Takes 1982-1983

TTTDE_-_ZIG_003_Undercover_Und_Schweinegeil.zip

Transfer dissappeared and was valid till March 23

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 17, 2017 14:08

Thanx to all for this..really dig the countryish SWH....

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 17, 2017 14:52

Greg44

Files (680 MB total)
RMP 37 - (cool smiley Undercover Alternate Takes 1982-1983

TTTDE_-_ZIG_003_Undercover_Und_Schweinegeil.zip

Transfer dissappeared and was valid till March 23

[we.tl]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 17, 2017 15:20

Greg44

They're also here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 17, 2017 19:02

About the mysterious "Virchov" tape, could it be Christoph Virchow mentioned by F.Aeppli in his list of thanks here below

just wonderin'...

HMN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2017 19:25

Nice find HM!
I knew it spelled Virchow but I thought the title of the tape was a joke referring to this guy : [en.wikipedia.org]

You know a man "known for his advancement of public health" makes you immediately think of Keef and Mick, right... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-17 19:27 by dcba.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: March 18, 2017 02:37

Honestman
About the mysterious "Virchov" tape, could it be Christoph Virchow mentioned by F.Aeppli in his list of thanks here below

just wonderin'...

Best theory I've heard

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2017 02:52

Good find indeed, maybe he'll pop up (or already has!) one day here ;-)

Spent some quality time looking at 0.414A in The Ultimate Guide and realized there's still a lot of stuff circulating out there ;-) "XXX" (an "explicit" version of Pretty Beat Up apparently) or "Breakin'" (we have one from the TIS sessions and some stuff recorded outside the studio in 1985 I think ah and one one on "High Temperature" too) sung by Mick to name just two !

@dcba - yeah or VL when things started off nicely in Barbados and ended with Mick refusing to go to LA (or leaving early) for the mixing because Was and Keith were making it sound "too old" or B2B after starting things out nicely the two of them in NY and then Mick sulking in LA (per Old Gods Almost Dead). SOS ;-)

@NeddieFlanders - thanks for pointing this out, "What I Am Saying Is True" did sound vaguely familiar. Come to think of it "Cookin'Up" didn't resurface in better quality in the bkeys samples or Foxes, unlike the other two unreleased "rockers", "Stop That" and "Eliza". BTW I finally heard "Come on Eliza, come on child" in the lyrics, still can't hear "Upchink" ! Apparently that title comes from Bill's book. Need to go dig it out someday.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-18 03:16 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 19, 2017 14:19

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 11:09 by blueswithafeeling.

Date: March 19, 2017 15:47

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 11:09 by blueswithafeeling.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 19, 2017 17:25

blueswithafeeling
Monsoon Ragoon
The "medley" snippets of Identification, Feel On Baby, All The Way Down etc. are also first releases on silver I think.

I do not believe that these "Sweet Black Angel" CDs are "silvers" or pressed CDs. They are for sure not on silver but on black discs. (Therefore the label name!) And it is not possible to let press 50 discs for a reasonable price. If you let press discs usually 500 pieces is the minimum quantity you have to take. More likely is that they are simply made on black CDRs: [www.amazon.de]

No offence intended, but this is a pretty bald statement for a man that has never seen a SBA release as it seems. One of my "dealers" in Spain says SBA are factory pressed (he doesn't say they're SILVER, though). In his list he lists also CDR issues, but as "CDR" not as "CD". SBA is stated as "CD". The first one I will get is this Undercover set. By the way, it is actually impossibly to sell 500 or 1000 copies of a bootleg cd release today, even if it is an innovative outtakes collection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-19 18:51 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: March 19, 2017 18:50

blueswithafeeling
Many thanks Blake for the Virchow tape. The recording however is heavily clipped. So I tried to restore the clipped audio with Adobe Audition.
Here an example of the clipped original:

And here the result:

I also connected tracks 5 and 6 (What I Am Sayin' Is True Part 1 and 2) because they belong together. It is just cut and started again, the end of track 5 is repeated at the the beginning of track 6.

Here is the reult if someone wants it: [we.tl]

thank you !

Date: March 19, 2017 18:52

@blueswithafeeling - thanks !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 19, 2017 19:20

Imho what this Virchow tape needs is a drastic re-EQ'ing. As is it sounds very muddy and dull but with the highs boosted and the lows cut off the music suddenly comes to life.
If someone want to give it a try... otherwise wait for the inevitable upcoming DAC boot!

Date: March 19, 2017 21:58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-19 22:00 by blueswithafeeling.

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: March 20, 2017 01:19

dcba
Imho what this Virchow tape needs is a drastic re-EQ'ing. As is it sounds very muddy and dull but with the highs boosted and the lows cut off the music suddenly comes to life.
If someone want to give it a try... otherwise wait for the inevitable upcoming DAC boot!

Less EQ comes through the noise removal

[we.tl] more Power

Date: March 20, 2017 20:08

I got the 5CD/1DVDR set. Beautiful, CDs are most probably factory pressed and black on both sides. I've never seen something like this before. The DVD ist a "R", but profesionally made, it has the apple picture (from the Undercover innersleeve) on it. Two booklets with lots of details. Haven't listened to it yet, but this seems to be a must. You cannot download something like this. How to get: www.rockmusicbay.com. - Update: all 5 CDs do not play on my CD system (which accepted EVERY CD for 8 years), I use the BR player. And it seems like they didn't always use the best possible sources, unfortunately. Many takes are just good-very good and/or with much hiss. Maybe not the classic release we expected, but surely usefull release.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-21 14:00 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 22, 2017 02:03

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 22, 2017 12:59

I have been looking for this 5CD+DVD from above that looked familiar but could not find it in my files. While doing this I did bump into this radio show.

Bestanden (299 MB totaal)
1983.11.30 NBC Radio The Source, Uncovered Undercover.rar
Wordt verwijderd op
29 maart 2017
Download-link
[we.tl]

enjoy

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 22, 2017 13:15

stonesmuziekfan

I have been looking for this 5CD+DVD from above that looked familiar but could not find it in my files.

Probably because it's new -- [Bootlegpedia.com] says Release-date: 13-Mar-2017 ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-22 16:45 by Irix.

Date: March 22, 2017 13:38

stonesmuziekfan
I have been looking for this 5CD+DVD from above that looked familiar but could not find it in my files. While doing this I did bump into this radio show.

Wordt verwijderd op
29 maart 2017
Download-link
[we.tl]

enjoy

Cool, thanks ! Would have loved to hear that back in the day, the first Stones album I waited for !

--------------

Date: March 22, 2017 13:46

Irix
stonesmuziekfan

I have been looking for this 5CD+DVD from above that looked familiar but could not find it in my files.

Probably because it's new -- [Bootlegedia.com] says Release-date: 13-Mar-2017 ....

Yes, released last week. Great collection, but bad pressing (these 5 CDs are the only ever CDs that my CD player ignored). See my comments above.

Date: March 22, 2017 15:58

gotdablouse
stonesmuziekfan

Wordt verwijderd op
29 maart 2017
Download-link
[we.tl]

enjoy

Cool, thanks ! Would have loved to hear that back in the day, the first Stones album I waited for !

Track 16 : the interviewer says that "Too Tough" is his favorite track and that it reminds him of how the Stones used to sound 10 years ago...Mick just says yes, great hard rock style guitar solo by Ron...No info volunteered about Cellophane Trouts ;-)

It's also weird how he says that Keith sings quite a lot on Feel on Baby but that you can't tell their vocals apart most of the time...I think I can !

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-22 20:20 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 22, 2017 22:45

Just "watched" the new 1982 rehearsals/song writing sessions on YouTube. Really interesting.

DEAR BOOTLEGGERS. Please release this 30 min, of unique material, maybe together with the song writing sessions from early 1985. The latter have only appeared on Shaved Disc (at wrong speed?) and Weeping Goat more than 20 years ago. Both tapes together fill one CD.
Or release a new Europe 82 concert (Cologne II complete?) and add the tape as bonus.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-25 14:56 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 23, 2017 11:29

Monsoon Ragoon
Just "watched" the new 1982 rehearsals/song writing sessions on YouTube. Really interesting.
link(s) please

Date: March 23, 2017 11:57

stonesmuziekfan
Monsoon Ragoon
link(s) please

Search for "Virchoc tape" (not Virchow!). I only found it randomly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 12:00 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: March 23, 2017 12:12

Ok, found it...nothing to "watch", it's just the merged tracks posted above by blake : [www.youtube.com]

@blueswithafeeling - thanks again for the good work done on the raw source !

--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 12:16 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 23, 2017 12:34

gotdablouse
Ok, found it...nothing to "watch", it's just the merged tracks posted above by blake : [www.youtube.com]

@blueswithafeeling - thanks again for the good work done on the raw source !

"Watched" because it's technically a video. Of course the sessions wasn't filmed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 12:42 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: March 29, 2017 13:38

Anyone compared the 5CD with DAC releases etc. yet? I still haven't really listened to it, need to buy an electric wire to connect the BR player with the boxes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-29 14:10 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: April 3, 2017 09:15

Anyone for a download?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home