Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Undercover complete recording sessions
Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: March 15, 2017 09:58

First time i hear this version of "She Was Hot" !

[bootlegpedia.com]

Re: Undercover complete recording sessions
Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 10:03

It's really amazing. Don't need new original album but all this kind of gems.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: March 15, 2017 10:18

i have one from Pain of Love on swingin pig record 9:04 from 1982 pathe marconi studio Paris

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 15, 2017 10:21

Now where to get this bootleg? Where to download?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 15, 2017 11:00

marko

Now where to get this bootleg? Where to download?

Maybe as collection from other Bootlegs:

Pathé-Marconi Studios, Boulogne-Billancourt, France. 15th October 1982: [dbboots.com]

Pathé-Marconi Studios, Boulogne-Billancourt, France. 11th November 1982: [dbboots.com]

Pathé-Marconi Studios, Boulogne-Billancourt, France. 30th January 1983: [dbboots.com]

The Hit Factory, New York (NY), United States. 2nd May 1983: [dbboots.com]

The Hit Factory, New York (NY), United States. 20th June 1983: [dbboots.com]

Re-Uploads:

Under-Cover-Outtakes_Rogue_RG-02_remastered: [we.tl]

Chainsaw-Undercover-Outtakes-Vol.II_Rabbit_Records_RR-012_remastered: [we.tl]

Goin'...Mad_&_Wild_ABC-Records_RSSLP-002_A/B: [we.tl]

The_Pain_Of_Love_DOG_n_CAT_Records_DAC-107_remastered: [we.tl]

Think_You_Like_It_DOG_n_CAT_Records_DAC-109_remastered: [we.tl]

Chain_Saw_Massacre_DOG_n_CAT_Records_DAC-110_remastered: [we.tl]

The_Pain_Of_Love_VGP-052_(Gold-CD): [we.tl]

Cant_Find_Love_DOG_n_CAT_Records_DAC-159: [we.tl]

The-Real-Alternate-Album-Undercover_Red-Tongue-Records_RTR-013: [we.tl]

TTTDE_ZIG003_Undercover+Schweinegeil: [we.tl]

RMP-37_Undercover-Alternate-Takes: [we.tl]

The-Virchov-Tape: [we.tl]

For a Overview of the Recordings October 1982 - June 1983 see Appendix-Session-List on: [StonesSessions.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-16 20:50 by Irix.

Date: March 15, 2017 11:35

those i have,but to have all in one set is better,only they shoud have speed corrected those few songs.Well i´ll do that to myself when and if i find this.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 15, 2017 11:38

Can´t find it in The Stones Vault!

Posted by: selgas ()
Date: March 15, 2017 12:35

@marko , at the very bottom of the link, after the list of 75 songs (!) , I copy-paste:

Original liner notes from Undercover Complete Recording Sessions:
This album is the first attempt ever of presenting the COMPLETE recording sessions of the Uncercover. Each song has been remastered, runs at the right speed and it's in the right key, uses the best and more complete sources available (we checked them all: ABC Records, Outsider Bird Records, Rabbit Records, VGP, Rogue, Gemstones, RMP, DAC, JEMS, the bkeys samples, etc.) and also some never before released masters with upgraded sources and even a never before released demo of She Was Hot I!

For the hardcore collectors we have used Nico Zentgraf's nomenclature (a Latin number after the name of each song, in case than more than one version exists) as of March 2017.

Mid-October - 7th November 1982
Unidentified 8-track basement demo studio, Paris, France
As Mick Jagger explains: When we started off writing [Undercover], Keith and I got in a bit early and we rented an 8-track demo studio here in Paris. And I said "Well, have you got some, Keith?" and we took turns at playing the drums and - well, we played guitar and we got to know the material each of us had written in the past few months, you know. So when we actually got the band into the studio, we had sort of a hard-core bunch of songs, which is ACTUALLY most of the songs on the album. Mick also added in another interview: This time I decided that I wasn't going to rely on studio composing. So before recording Undercover, Keith and I went into a little studio with 4 or 5 songs I'd done and some he'd worked up, and we played them to each other and he suggested tempos and various adjustments. After a week we had 6 or 7 things to start with. I hate having to go in and teach the whole band in the studio. I'd much rather do it in rehearsal time.

For the last part of this intimate recording sessions Charlie Watts joins them, and the demo recording / songwriting exploration of High School Girl might feature him on drums, with only Mick Jagger singing and playing guitar, but unfortunately kinda goes nowhere. The demo of She Was Hot I has never before seen the light of day, it starts directly with the main chord progression and features both Jagger and Richards on guitar, it has a slower tempo and country feeling -seems a little bit more of a ballad than the rocker which it will latter become- and also a different set of lyrics, Richards sings background vocals and clearly enjoys the song so much that he improvises some lines before the song ends! From the never properly finished Can’t Find Love I we have this great demo with Jagger playing electric piano -might be him, might be not-, with two guitars and again some background vocals by Richards.

Some of the unverified demos from this session might include Cooking Up I (also known as What I Am Sayin' Is True), Gotta Know You I, and Wanna Hold You I (Keith claims I still have the original tape with Mick playing drums and it's actually quite good).

END OF PAGE 1 OF THE BOOKLET

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 12:40

"She Was Hot" very interesting indeed.
Any chances for whole CD with it?

Date: March 15, 2017 12:48

a must have...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2017 13:10

That version of SWH is nice indeed and it's been mentioned here a few times already, once by Silkcut1978 if memory serves, yes here : [www.iorr.org]

I wonder what else is new on here, they only mention SWH so that's probably it, which means there are many mentioned on Nico's site that are still missing so I'm not sure about their "presenting the COMPLETE recording sessions" claim...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 15, 2017 13:47

The "medley" snippets of Identification, Feel On Baby, All The Way Down etc. are also first releases on silver I think.

Date: March 15, 2017 13:49

This will be a "hot" release if it's really limited to 50. I got one (I hope).

Date: March 15, 2017 13:49

Possibly but these are apparently the bkeys snippets that have been available for 2+ years here [www.iorr.org] so I can't see much value in that ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: March 15, 2017 14:30

As far as I know, that version of SWH circulated on the "Virchov Tape" for years, but not on a silver boot CD.

Date: March 15, 2017 14:46

gotdablouse
Possibly but these are apparently the bkeys snippets that have been available for 2+ years here [www.iorr.org] so I can't see much value in that ?

Some/many of these tracks appeared completely somewhat later, I hope they rest will follow some day. And it's great to have all circulating 1982/83 outtakes in one set.

Date: March 15, 2017 15:01

A minority appeared on the Foxes sets, details in the "rarest outtakes" topic and There are still many UC outtakes "out there"...

@blakeeik - interesting, never heard of this tape, do you know what else is on there ?

--------------

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: March 15, 2017 15:11

Anyway to post a wetransfer link for these tracks?

Thanks

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 15, 2017 15:24

blakeeik
As far as I know, that version of SWH circulated on the "Virchov Tape" for years, but not on a silver boot CD.

That's info!
Do you remember what tracks were on this tape?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-15 15:27 by mitch.

Date: March 15, 2017 16:16

gotdablouse
A minority appeared on the Foxes sets, details in the "rarest outtakes" topic and There are still many UC outtakes "out there"...

@blakeeik - interesting, never heard of this tape, do you know what else is on there ?

Surely. But the bootleggers only have what is circulating among "normal" tape collectors.

Date: March 15, 2017 16:25

...except for that mysterious "Virchov Tape" it seems ;-)

--------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 15, 2017 17:25

wupperstein

Can´t find it in The Stones Vault!

Choose the Label/Publisher of the Bootlegs first from dbboots.com -- there're 61 of them for the Undercover-Recording-Sessions October 1982 - June 1983.

And then have a look into the Stones-Vault-List: [www.iorr.org] or into the cumulative Spreadsheet: [iorr.org] .

RG-02, DAC-107, DAC-109, DAC-110 and VGP-052 are there .... smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-16 20:40 by Irix.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 15, 2017 17:58

Many Thanks!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 15, 2017 18:07

there also is in Stonesvault, as far as to be found searching for "undercover"
(search option Ctrl+F = search on this page, or search in this document)

1979-1985 DAC 159 Can't Find Love - Unreleased Emotional Rescue, Undercover and Dirty Work Sessions.rar [www.filefactory.com]

1983 Real Alternate Album - Undercover RTR-013.rar [www.filefactory.com]

TTTDE - ZIG 003 Undercover Und Schweinegeil.zip [www.filefactory.com]

1982 OBR 458 029 Chain Saw Massacre ( OBR ) Undercover Outtakes from Vinyl (rip by Rolling On).rar [www.filefactory.com]

1982-1983 RSSLP-002 AB Goin' Mad and Wild Undercover Outtakes from Vinyl by Eric Snow.rar [www.filefactory.com]

RMP 37 - (cool smiley Undercover - Alternate Takes [1982-1983].rar [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 15, 2017 18:23

Amazing a beautiful set, hope it sees the light sooner or later! drinking smiley

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: March 15, 2017 18:41

Thanks!

Posted by: emr9410 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 19:18

Many Thanks!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 15, 2017 19:26

Are these found on some of those bootlegs?

- The Golden Mile
- Christine
- Dance Mr K
- Forty
- Heartbeat
- Identification
- In Your Hand
- All About You (Train Song, diff vocals)

Snippets:

(valid until March 22nd):
[we.tl]

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-15 22:57 by coowouters.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 15, 2017 19:45

Many Thanx, Irix!

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: March 15, 2017 21:42

I'll post more when I get home.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home