Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is there a way to get your ip un banned from Hungercity
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:13

I made a double account poor share ratio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 01:17 by Godxofxrock9.

Re: Is there a way to get your ip un banned from hc
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:40

Could you clarify what you mean by HC? And I take it you are referring the IP address issued by your ISP? You could try power cycling your router to see if yiou are issues a new IP but I'm not sure if that will work. Good luck...

Re: Is there a way to get your ip un banned from hc
Date: June 4, 2013 00:41

Head Cquarters? winking smiley

Re: Is there a way to get your ip un banned from Hungercity
Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 02:10

I'm also wondering this. I was trying to get verified to upload content while downloading my first torrent, but no one got back to me until the torrent had finished downloading. So they saw like a .30 ratio and called me a piece of shit, then wouldn't respond to any of my PM's or anything. Made a second account just to try and talk to a mod about it and got automatically IP banned. Apparently my almost 2 terabytes of material shared on Dimeadozen means nothing to them.

Shithole of a tracker if you ask me. But they're got some nice Stones stuff so I'd like to get a working account without any drama.

Date: June 4, 2013 17:14

Powerage5
I'm also wondering this. I was trying to get verified to upload content while downloading my first torrent, but no one got back to me until the torrent had finished downloading. So they saw like a .30 ratio and called me a piece of shit, then wouldn't respond to any of my PM's or anything. Made a second account just to try and talk to a mod about it and got automatically IP banned. Apparently my almost 2 terabytes of material shared on Dimeadozen means nothing to them.

Shithole of a tracker if you ask me. But they're got some nice Stones stuff so I'd like to get a working account without any drama.
Same

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:56

You have to use a proxy server or use the program "Stealthy".

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 4, 2013 18:08

Powerage5

I find your story hard to believe, to say the least

You should try see what shit it is to watch all the vultures signing up with double accounts, fake IPs and everything, all the time, that's why the rules are easy: no 2nd accounts

First of all, it's always a good idea to see when was the "last time" the mod you contacted logged into the tracker. You must have contacted one of the 3 that has been gone the last months...which is somewhat useless
Nobody would have called you a piece of shit, btw. Another thing....why do you think making a new account would help? Didn't it strike you that you should have contacted somebody else?
It also beats me why you think your DIME account means anything

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 18:47 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:44

"Nobody would have called you a piece of shit, btw"

It wouldn't surprise me, I was called an A$$HOLE.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: letitloose6 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:10

Can't agree or excuse any insult anyone received in HC, even if I find it hard to believe, as is out of character of the people I know there.

On the other hand, sharing 35% of what you get from HC will free you of any hassle.

Is it so hard ? ... to share 35% of what you get????

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2013 03:12

Godxofxrock9
Powerage5

Same

Don't think I got insulted but pretty much the same for the rest...I can't remember how it works on Dime but HC has no provision to help newcomers establish a standing, i.e. you download a torrent, leave it running so that your ratio will go up, you get banned because obviously it's low...it makes no sense. There should be a 1Gb free quota or a one-week delay to establish a standing or whatever. I'm a taper and uploader on Dime and PR but got banned from HC, go figure!

Yeah they have interesting stuff but a lot of it is on [rutracker.org] and these guys just don't care about ratios at all. You do need to sign up in Russian though, but I managed so it can't be that hard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 03:15 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 5, 2013 08:27

Deltics
"Nobody would have called you a piece of shit, btw"

Strange to hear, Deltics confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 08:44 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 5, 2013 08:32

gotdablouse
Godxofxrock9
Powerage5

Same

Don't think I got insulted but pretty much the same for the rest...I can't remember how it works on Dime but HC has no provision to help newcomers establish a standing, i.e. you download a torrent, leave it running so that your ratio will go up, you get banned because obviously it's low...it makes no sense. There should be a 1Gb free quota or a one-week delay to establish a standing or whatever. I'm a taper and uploader on Dime and PR but got banned from HC, go figure!

Yeah they have interesting stuff but a lot of it is on [rutracker.org] and these guys just don't care about ratios at all. You do need to sign up in Russian though, but I managed so it can't be that hard.

I agree that it can be difficult getting an OK ratio in the beginning with only 1GB under ones belt. But it's easy to do it IF one remembers to only jump on new torrents in the beginning. It surprises me that some new members jump on big DVD torrents or old torrents in beginning.

I was very careful during my first months on DIME, for instance, back in 2006. A little later I could download whatever I wanted.

If one has a low ratio, one is not "banned" , but "blocked from downloading". There's a big difference. You can still seed what you allready have downloaded, untill one's ratio is OK, or donate

If anybody has been blocked but never downloaded anything on the new account, I may help, just let me know. I see "Powerage" has not downloaded anything on the new account (or: been cheating) , so he's now able to use his old account, and access the shithole tracker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 08:35 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 5, 2013 11:27

letitloose6

sharing 35% of what you get from HC will free you of any hassle.

Not from me! I don't seed stuff to a member with a 0.35 ratio, as I know he/she won't return the bytes/bits of music to other members... I don't like wasting my time and see a good torrent go dry after a few weeks. Therefore I seed to members of confidence grinning smiley

Seriously (and for the 100th time) you have to build up a ratio when you join a torrent site. Grab ONE or two torrents (NOT 7 Gb dvd's btw), seed the stuff till your ratio for these torrents is positive, THEN indulge in two more, seed them (while keeping on seeding the 1st two) etc etc. Build build BUILD! Not grab grab grab!

Is it that hard? If it is, stick to the "free downloads" section of IORR!

If you can't or won't play by the rules, don't join the game smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 11:30 by dcba.

Date: June 5, 2013 15:45

Erik_Snow
gotdablouse
Godxofxrock9
Powerage5

Same

I agree that it can be difficult getting an OK ratio in the beginning with only 1GB under ones belt. But it's easy to do it IF one remembers to only jump on new torrents in the beginning. It surprises me that some new members jump on big DVD torrents or old torrents in beginning.

I was very careful during my first months on DIME, for instance, back in 2006. A little later I could download whatever I wanted.

If one has a low ratio, one is not "banned" , but "blocked from downloading". There's a big difference. You can still seed what you allready have downloaded, untill one's ratio is OK, or donate

If anybody has been blocked but never downloaded anything on the new account, I may help, just let me know. I see "Powerage" has not downloaded anything on the new account (or: been cheating) , so he's now able to use his old account, and access the shithole tracker
No, I can't use ANY account now, because as soon as I registered the second account for the sake of trying to communicate both accounts got automatically IP banned. If they'd have answered my inquiries in a timely manner regarding gaining upload status, I wouldn't have had any problems. But then when they finally did respond and saw my poor ratio, they stopped responding to anything I'd say after that.

Date: June 5, 2013 15:53

Erik_Snow
Powerage5

You should try see what shit it is to watch all the vultures signing up with double accounts, fake IPs and everything, all the time, that's why the rules are easy: no 2nd accounts

First of all, it's always a good idea to see when was the "last time" the mod you contacted logged into the tracker. You must have contacted one of the 3 that has been gone the last months...which is somewhat useless
Nobody would have called you a piece of shit, btw. Another thing....why do you think making a new account would help? Didn't it strike you that you should have contacted somebody else?
I did check how recent the activity of the mods I contacted were, and both were using the site regularly. But they didn't get back to me for a couple days still, and by that point I'd downloaded one torrent and had a shit ratio. Like I said, I made a new account because I couldn't get any mods to respond to me after the 2 blacklisted me. The thing thats crazy is, I didn't even try to download anything on the second account before I got IP banned!

Also, when you apply for uploader status, they ask you to provide a link to your account on another major tracker and a sample info file...that's why my account on Dime should say something for me as a member.

letitloose6
Can't agree or excuse any insult anyone received in HC, even if I find it hard to believe, as is out of character of the people I know there.

On the other hand, sharing 35% of what you get from HC will free you of any hassle.

It's certainly hard to share when they're not willing to verify you for an uploader account.

Date: June 5, 2013 16:25

Powerage5
Erik_Snow
gotdablouse
Godxofxrock9
Powerage5

Same

No, I can't use ANY account now, because as soon as I registered the second account for the sake of trying to communicate both accounts got automatically IP banned. If they'd have answered my inquiries in a timely manner regarding gaining upload status, I wouldn't have had any problems. But then when they finally did respond and saw my poor ratio, they stopped responding to anything I'd say after that.

You're absolutely wrong if you think staff doesn't reply to people with bad ratio.
As I said, you probably been writing to some of the staff who have been missing in action lately. Shareef for instance, inactive these last months. You never wrote to me, anyway

>>both accounts got automatically IP banned>>

If you believe staff members have the time to send a PM to new members with double accounts, asking politely why they made a double one; you don't know how trackers work; there's a LOT of new members every day, some of which are cheaters. The few times I've tried sending PMs to people with double accounts (instead of banning), they haven't even replied. Of course people are banned once they made a double one.

As I said; you can now access Hungercity. I removed the IP ban and deleted your 2nd account.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 21:22 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:50

I didn't understand the ratio very well when I first started either but fortunately (with some good advice) I got straightened out. I got out of my bad ratio at Dime one Christmas when they had "free d/ls" but you got credit for what you uploaded. Sometimes to build your ratio you can pick a very active new upload(even if you don't like the artist and have no intention of keeping it!) and just let it go until your ratio is good.I personally did this with a couple of Bruce Springsteen shows. Also with HC I think you can build some pretty big credits for contributing funds..if you think of how many d/ls you would get for the price compared to buying bootlegs IT'S A BARGAIN!!

Date: June 5, 2013 20:47

Powerage5
Erik_Snow
Powerage5

I did check how recent the activity of the mods I contacted were, and both were using the site regularly. But they didn't get back to me for a couple days still, and by that point I'd downloaded one torrent and had a shit ratio. Like I said, I made a new account because I couldn't get any mods to respond to me after the 2 blacklisted me. The thing thats crazy is, I didn't even try to download anything on the second account before I got IP banned!

Also, when you apply for uploader status, they ask you to provide a link to your account on another major tracker and a sample info file...that's why my account on Dime should say something for me as a member.

letitloose6

It's certainly hard to share when they're not willing to verify you for an uploader account.
The same for me powerage5

Date: June 6, 2013 10:19

Erik_Snow
Powerage5
Erik_Snow
gotdablouse
Godxofxrock9
Powerage5

Same

You're absolutely wrong if you think staff doesn't reply to people with bad ratio.
As I said, you probably been writing to some of the staff who have been missing in action lately. Shareef for instance, inactive these last months. You never wrote to me, anyway

>>both accounts got automatically IP banned>>

If you believe staff members have the time to send a PM to new members with double accounts, asking politely why they made a double one; you don't know how trackers work; there's a LOT of new members every day, some of which are cheaters. The few times I've tried sending PMs to people with double accounts (instead of banning), they haven't even replied. Of course people are banned once they made a double one.

As I said; you can now access Hungercity. I removed the IP ban and deleted your 2nd account.
Cheers, thanks for sorting that out! Now I just need to sort out my uploader status cool smiley

EDIT: I see my uploader status has been instated...double thanks!!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-06 10:20 by Powerage5.

Date: June 6, 2013 10:39

You just need to SEED!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 6, 2013 17:20

My story on HC is very easy.I have been dumb to get how it work during yearmonths >grinning smiley< and so I have got a desserved awful ratio.
Once I decided, to contact one of the modos (he know who he is winking smiley ), to try to get another chance, I explain to him, that I'd never get really how it worked, and that I didn't care enuff of the rules.
To start again well or better, I have donate once, and since my ratio is always over 1,50 not that really good, but not that bad too, just to say...so when one want one can !

HMN

Posted by: LuvGlimmerTwins ()
Date: June 6, 2013 17:24

I hope that the Great One in charge of IORR will allow this post to remain.....

note to all-
HungerCity has three sites: a tracker, a forum, and an art gallery. Members must register separately for all three, using the identical user name.

I'm the one who dealt with Powerage's accounts. Ultimately, I banned them both.

Powerage5
I was trying to get verified to upload content while downloading my first torrent, but no one got back to me until the torrent had finished downloading.
Your request for uploader status was answered, publicly, on the Forum, within 3 hours of your post.
By the time you made (and I saw) your Forum request, you already had a sorry share ratio (SR) on HungerCity, a download level above 5 GB, had been warned and your account's downloading ability was disabled. At the time I checked, you had no torrents seeding, either.
HungerCity only welcomes uploaders who show they have a sharing spirit (a share ratio at or above 0.500, at HungerCity ). You failed on that front.

Powerage5
they saw like a .30 ratio and called me a piece of shit,
The tracker automatically shows a pile of steaming feces as an icon when a member has a poor share ratio. This may be why you feel you were 'called a piece of shit'. I most certainly did not use such language when messaging you.

Due to your low SR, your downloading priveleges were disabled, and your account was marked with the pile-of-dung warning icon. You could still upload to increase your SR, could send messages to staff via the tracker and via the Forum as of May 20, 2013.

Powerage5
wouldn't respond to any of my PM's
Had I recieved a private message, you most certainly would have gotten a response, usually in less than 1-2 days.
My inbox still contains relevant messages back to April 6th. Your uploader request on the Forum occurred on May 19th. I see no private messages to me, on the tracker or the forum, from Powerage5. Your one Forum response to me was, indeed, answered in less than 36 hours.

Powerage5
Made a second account just to try and talk to a mod about it and got automatically IP banned.
HungerCity's rules page warns members thusly: "No multiple accounts! Anyone creating additional accounts will be banned ".
If anything, since you had experience on Dime, you should have known better.

Powerage5
Apparently my almost 2 terabytes of material shared on Dimeadozen means nothing to them.
Au contraire! It means that, if you followed HC's rules, you'd have been granted uploader status immediately.

Deltics
Please, relay more details about this. Such name-calling is NOT acceptable on HungerCity, which prides itself on being 'the friendly tracker'.

gotdablouse
HC has no provision to help newcomers establish a standing,
All new members on HC are given 1 GB of upload credit once registered. Also, warnings for low share ratio are not issued until a member has downloaded 7 or more GB. For those who are careful and monitor their statistics, this is a generous offering, in my humble opinion. In fact, the download GB 'trigger' was recently increased to 7, just to make it easier to stay out of SR violation.

powerage5
got automatically IP banned
No IPs are 'automatically' banned. Such actions are done manually, on a case-by-case basis.

Powerage5
If they'd have answered my inquiries in a timely manner

On May 21, 2013, when I checked the tracker back-end, you had made a second account from the same IP, which (as is stated in the rules) is a bannable offense.
I waited a full day to hear from you (via your Powerage5 account), after the second account was completely disabled. Since you did not respond by mid-day May 22, 2013, both your accounts were completely disabled, and your IP was banned due to this flagrant violation of the rules. Im other words, YOU did not respond to me in a timely fashion.

Staff members at private trackers are not paid for the work they perform. All are volunteers. It may be difficult to believe, but many of us have paying jobs, families, households to maintain, and actually have a life outside of music trading. Some of us truly believe that those responsibilities take precedence over tracker work, too. eye rolling smiley
Impatience will not get you any sympathy from me.

note to all --

Erik, as usual, was very very kind to Powerage5 when he 'relaxed' the rules and re-instated his/her account. HungerCity is glad to welcome tapers and those who share the music.
Anyone who feels (s)he has not been treated fairly is welcome to contact me at
{enter my IORR username here} (at) gmail (dot) com for help in resolving your issues.

There are many who abuse the opportunity to download from trackers. HC is dedicated to removing the abusers so that those who do play by the rules can have a joyous, rewarding experience.
All are invited to come play on our playground, so long as you 'play nice'.cool smiley

LGT
HungerCity
HC Founder

wupperstein
You have to use a proxy server or use the program "Stealthy".

Not advised....better to be tranparent and work through a honest mistake.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-06 17:33 by LuvGlimmerTwins.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 6, 2013 17:31

LuvGlimmerTwins

There are many who abuse the opportunity to download from trackers. HC is dedicated to removing the abusers so that those who do play by the rules can have a joyous, rewarding experience.
All are invited to come play on our playground, so long as you 'play nice'.cool smiley

LGT
HungerCity
HC Founder

Well spoken boss! Thanks for all you do...

Date: June 6, 2013 17:37

Don't mess with the almighty Miss A. or you'll get your @ss spanked... with stinging nettle! >grinning smiley< smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-06 17:38 by dcba.

Date: June 6, 2013 17:39

Munichhilton
Well spoken boss! Thanks for all you do...

I don't have old tapes to share, don't record new gigs, and am not a fountain of information about the Band (RS) I LUV.

Yet, I feel a need to promote music sharing. HC has provided me a way to do so; it is a honor to be on staff there.

Thanks, MH, for the kind words!

Date: June 6, 2013 17:45

dcba
Don't mess with the almighty Miss A. or you'll get your @ss spanked... with stinging nettle! >grinning smiley< smoking smiley

Stop bye sometime, dcba....I'll be watching out for ya!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-06 17:45 by LuvGlimmerTwins.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: June 6, 2013 18:36

There should be more respect for people who works all days/nights for all the other who make good use of being part of HC.
Like all other communities HC also has rules.
Rules are required and rules must be kept for proper working!

If you become part of a community you have to inform yourself about the community and their rules. That's your responsibility.
As member everybody can read how HC works and everybody get help if there are problems.
For me HC is one of the best torrent site and I have to say "Thank you" to all staff members - especially to you LGT - for their generous work.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:30

dcba

didnt know she does that too eye popping smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 15:51

falo01

I have many talents spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:17

LuvGlimmerTwins
falo01

I have many talents spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You could get somebody locked up changing like that eye popping smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home