Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is there a way to get your ip un banned from Hungercity
Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: June 9, 2013 15:53

LuvGlimmerTwins
I hope that the Great One in charge of IORR will allow this post to remain.....

note to all-
HungerCity has three sites: a tracker, a forum, and an art gallery. Members must register separately for all three, using the identical user name.

I'm the one who dealt with Powerage's accounts. Ultimately, I banned them both.

Powerage5
I was trying to get verified to upload content while downloading my first torrent, but no one got back to me until the torrent had finished downloading.
Your request for uploader status was answered, publicly, on the Forum, within 3 hours of your post.
By the time you made (and I saw) your Forum request, you already had a sorry share ratio (SR) on HungerCity, a download level above 5 GB, had been warned and your account's downloading ability was disabled. At the time I checked, you had no torrents seeding, either.
HungerCity only welcomes uploaders who show they have a sharing spirit (a share ratio at or above 0.500, at HungerCity ). You failed on that front.

Powerage5
they saw like a .30 ratio and called me a piece of shit,
The tracker automatically shows a pile of steaming feces as an icon when a member has a poor share ratio. This may be why you feel you were 'called a piece of shit'. I most certainly did not use such language when messaging you.

Due to your low SR, your downloading priveleges were disabled, and your account was marked with the pile-of-dung warning icon. You could still upload to increase your SR, could send messages to staff via the tracker and via the Forum as of May 20, 2013.

Powerage5
wouldn't respond to any of my PM's
Had I recieved a private message, you most certainly would have gotten a response, usually in less than 1-2 days.
My inbox still contains relevant messages back to April 6th. Your uploader request on the Forum occurred on May 19th. I see no private messages to me, on the tracker or the forum, from Powerage5. Your one Forum response to me was, indeed, answered in less than 36 hours.

Powerage5
Made a second account just to try and talk to a mod about it and got automatically IP banned.
HungerCity's rules page warns members thusly: "No multiple accounts! Anyone creating additional accounts will be banned ".
If anything, since you had experience on Dime, you should have known better.

Powerage5
Apparently my almost 2 terabytes of material shared on Dimeadozen means nothing to them.
Au contraire! It means that, if you followed HC's rules, you'd have been granted uploader status immediately.

Deltics
It wouldn't surprise me, I was called an A$$HOLE.
Please, relay more details about this. Such name-calling is NOT acceptable on HungerCity, which prides itself on being 'the friendly tracker'.

gotdablouse
HC has no provision to help newcomers establish a standing,
All new members on HC are given 1 GB of upload credit once registered. Also, warnings for low share ratio are not issued until a member has downloaded 7 or more GB. For those who are careful and monitor their statistics, this is a generous offering, in my humble opinion. In fact, the download GB 'trigger' was recently increased to 7, just to make it easier to stay out of SR violation.

powerage5
got automatically IP banned
No IPs are 'automatically' banned. Such actions are done manually, on a case-by-case basis.

Powerage5
If they'd have answered my inquiries in a timely manner

On May 21, 2013, when I checked the tracker back-end, you had made a second account from the same IP, which (as is stated in the rules) is a bannable offense.
I waited a full day to hear from you (via your Powerage5 account), after the second account was completely disabled. Since you did not respond by mid-day May 22, 2013, both your accounts were completely disabled, and your IP was banned due to this flagrant violation of the rules. Im other words, YOU did not respond to me in a timely fashion.

Staff members at private trackers are not paid for the work they perform. All are volunteers. It may be difficult to believe, but many of us have paying jobs, families, households to maintain, and actually have a life outside of music trading. Some of us truly believe that those responsibilities take precedence over tracker work, too. eye rolling smiley
Impatience will not get you any sympathy from me.

note to all --

Erik, as usual, was very very kind to Powerage5 when he 'relaxed' the rules and re-instated his/her account. HungerCity is glad to welcome tapers and those who share the music.
Anyone who feels (s)he has not been treated fairly is welcome to contact me at
{enter my IORR username here} (at) gmail (dot) com for help in resolving your issues.

There are many who abuse the opportunity to download from trackers. HC is dedicated to removing the abusers so that those who do play by the rules can have a joyous, rewarding experience.
All are invited to come play on our playground, so long as you 'play nice'.cool smiley

LGT
HungerCity
HC Founder

wupperstein
You have to use a proxy server or use the program "Stealthy".

Not advised....better to be tranparent and work through a honest mistake.
And as I said earlier, I very much appreciate having my account reinstated. I truly believe my issue could have been worked around if not for several miscommunications.

As I said in my thread requesting uploader status, I did indeed have a torrent seeding though I was unable to connect to any peers for some reason, and you say that when you checked I had no torrents seeding. Is this a problem I should be concerned about? I've never run into an issue like this on any other trackers, and if I'm completely honest, I'm at a loss of an explanation for what was happening there.

However now that my ratio is back above .5 on my reinstated account, may I re-apply for uploader status? If so, do I need to make a new thread for it or can I use my pre-existing one?

Thanks.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 9, 2013 16:08

"uploader status" is required if you want to make your own torrent (from a tape or a boot you own) and share it with others.

Posted by: Maru2lo ()
Date: June 11, 2013 00:08

I made 49 and counting account! And every single banned account, f#%ck HC! Best dime, no problems...

Date: June 11, 2013 00:23

Maru2lo
I made 49 and counting account! And every single banned account, f#%ck HC! Best dime, no problems...

Intelligence at work! >grinning smiley< Let's build a trading network with this guy... grinning smiley

If you ever wondered why most good torrent sites have gone "invites only" ask Marcelo! He knows, he doesn't understand, but he knows! eye rolling smiley

In other words : in a torrent site system you can't f@ck the system because you ARE the system, idjit!. Grabbing as many shows as you can, not seeding them = the best way to make sure that soon there'll be nothing left to grab... at all! Idjit!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-11 00:28 by dcba.

Posted by: Maru2lo ()
Date: June 11, 2013 01:02

dcba
Maru2lo

Intelligence at work! >grinning smiley< Let's build a trading network with this guy... grinning smiley

If you ever wondered why most good torrent sites have gone "invites only" ask Marcelo! He knows, he doesn't understand, but he knows! eye rolling smiley

In other words : in a torrent site system you can't f@ck the system because you ARE the system, idjit!. Grabbing as many shows as you can, not seeding them = the best way to make sure that soon there'll be nothing left to grab... at all! Idjit![/

@dcba you're magnifique with your explication! Thanks a lot my friend, am very clear now!.... Cheers chuchatumare!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 11, 2013 02:02

Maru2lo
dcba
Maru2lo

In other words : in a torrent site system you can't f@ck the system because you ARE the system, idjit!. Grabbing as many shows as you can, not seeding them = the best way to make sure that soon there'll be nothing left to grab... at all! Idjit![/

@dcba you're magnifique with your explication! Thanks a lot my friend, am very clear now!.... Cheers chuchatumare!

chuchatumare!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcba, you ain't puttin' up with that is ya'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-11 02:27 by Munichhilton.

Date: June 12, 2013 11:29

grinning smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 12, 2013 13:38

Erik_Snow
Deltics
"Nobody would have called you a piece of shit, btw"

It wouldn't surprise me, I was called an A$$HOLE.

Strange to hear, Deltics confused smiley

+1. You have always been cool to me, Deltics. smileys with beer

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2013 19:00

Maru2lo

You should stick to megaupload and the likes you cheap guy. Torrent-trackers is about sharing. Obviously not for a cheapo like you

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2114
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home