Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...143144145146147148149150151152153...LastNext
Current Page: 148 of 205
Re: Phish - Emotional Rescue
Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 1, 2016 13:59

Phish have also covered the whole of Exile, probably not to everyone's taste here, and I could understand why. It doesn't have that 'dirty' Stones exile sound, but I love it!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 1, 2016 14:07

I found this, though... grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: September 1, 2016 14:35

sounds good, but the Stones do it better.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 1, 2016 15:00

agreed Ladykiller...the extended version on disc especially......[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 2, 2016 14:40

erad
Phish have also covered the whole of Exile, probably not to everyone's taste here, and I could understand why. It doesn't have that 'dirty' Stones exile sound, but I love it!

[www.youtube.com]
Thank you for posting this , to me this was fun and bravo and kudos to Phish for doing all of Exile with horns and backup singers .Very good job , it is not about being perfect (the vocals are not ) it is about having fun and this to me was a blast of fun .This is not about sitting at Avery Fisher hall and critiquing the philharmonic with the critic from the times and waiting to hear a bum note and raging about it .To me it is all about having fun and this sure was fun for me to listen and watch.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 2, 2016 22:56

Oh, the horrors. The vocals are ATROCIOUS

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 3, 2016 03:31

It seems that all that matters is they did a Stones song that the Stones didn't even consider playing live until 2013, which is strange seeing that it's a rather big song.

17 minutes...

The singing is rushed. And the words... "something something something - just a poor girl in a rich man's house" - WHAT!!!!!????????? If you're not going to get the lyrics correct, at least slur the shit out of them.

Horrible. Sounds like a high school band.

Sounds like that guy that sings the song about taking the long road home or whatever that is.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 4, 2016 15:48

The Phish version sounds like the Stones live version from a couple of years ago, which I witnessed up north in Boston.

I prefer the album version with the deeper bass guitar sound and slightly subtle slower tempo.

Date: September 5, 2016 07:15

GasLightStreet
It seems that all that matters is they did a Stones song that the Stones didn't even consider playing live until 2013, which is strange seeing that it's a rather big song.

17 minutes...

The singing is rushed. And the words... "something something something - just a poor girl in a rich man's house" - WHAT!!!!!????????? If you're not going to get the lyrics correct, at least slur the shit out of them.

Sounds like that guy that sings the song about taking the long road home or whatever that is.

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks.

However I have to disagree with the 'high school band' comment. The members of Phish are amazing musicians.

Date: September 5, 2016 07:18

TheGreek
erad

[www.youtube.com]
Thank you for posting this , to me this was fun and bravo and kudos to Phish for doing all of Exile with horns and backup singers .Very good job , it is not about being perfect (the vocals are not ) it is about having fun and this to me was a blast of fun .This is not about sitting at Avery Fisher hall and critiquing the philharmonic with the critic from the times and waiting to hear a bum note and raging about it .To me it is all about having fun and this sure was fun for me to listen and watch.

Glad you liked it man!.

Totally agree about the having fun part, you can see the whole band is absolutely loving it and you can't help but smile grinning smiley Page's (the keyboard player) smile is especially infectious. Going to have to give that vid another spin the next time I'm having a few beers methinks...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 5, 2016 17:55

erad
GasLightStreet

17 minutes...

However I have to disagree with the 'high school band' comment. The members of Phish are amazing musicians.

Amazing musicians, in this instance, that sound horrible ie a high school band'. I meant garage band but for some reason it was missing from thought.

The performance of this is absolute trash. It's just not good. It's nice that they did it but it's just... fukcing hell, why bother.

Posted by: spoonful2 ()
Date: September 5, 2016 18:53

GasLightStreet
erad
GasLightStreet

17 minutes...

Amazing musicians, in this instance, that sound horrible ie a high school band'. I meant garage band but for some reason it was missing from thought.

The performance of this is absolute trash. It's just not good. It's nice that they did it but it's just... fukcing hell, why bother.

This is complete nonsense. Clearly you don't understand the slight tongue in cheek nature of covering Emotional Rescue with a falsetto vocal. But then beyond that, it's a good cover made by brilliant musicians, It's FUN, something it appears some people are unable to fully grasp when someone covers their heroes songs.

Re: "YouTube" Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 8, 2016 14:28

For those who were at the Warsaw concert in 2007 this video might be interesting. It shows the meeting of some fans before the concert and it has some interviews with some of them. Unfortunately it has no footage from the concert, apart from a very distant filming outside the venue from 9:02 onwards.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 12, 2016 04:19

OT: Green Eyed Lady (R.I.P. Jerry Corbetta)
Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 19, 2016 04:37

This song is likely remembered by a few of us as a radio classic back in the day. Crank it up. R.I.P. Jerry Corbetta.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-19 18:19 by KingmanBarstow.

Re: OT: Green Eyed Lady
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 19, 2016 06:40

That was very good, cannot remember if the radio played/plays this extended 6:52 minute version- long jam was kind of Door-ish (Ray M from the Doors) anyway thumbs up
Did not know RIP--
70's are my all time favorite music decade-

Re: OT: Green Eyed Lady
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 19, 2016 16:55

Also loved "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You".

England rocks - Stones, Beatles, Animals, Kinks and more
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 19, 2016 19:38

Found this on a Dylan site. Enjoy.

[www.youtube.com]

MOST ANNOYING COMMERCIALS EVER
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 20, 2016 20:36

MOST ANNOYING COMMERCIALS EVER

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

SHOOT ME NOW ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-20 21:56 by schillid.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 22, 2016 10:45

video: [youtu.be]

A little Rambler a little Love in vain.

Date: September 22, 2016 10:51

potus43
Oh, the horrors. The vocals are ATROCIOUS

On 'Exile'? Phish, while not a band I like at all, does exile pretty decent. I like them just for doing it at all. I just can;t stand when they do "Emotional rescue" though. Now THAT is where the vocals are truly dreadful. I would rather hear someone go flat and sharp all night, instead of giving me that high school vibe.

Date: September 22, 2016 11:28

[youtu.be]

This clip is probably posted in here already. Stones guesting w/ Muddy on 'Baby Please Dont Go'. I just thought it funny how all guitarists have their patented little runs that they like to jump to. At 8:30 we hear Keith play the line he ends "Tie You Up" with.
BTW - not until around Page 120 did any links start showing up for me in this thread. I've noticed this a lot lately: that I see a post, and all the writing is present; but no links, or no photos. Am I missing something in settings? Does anyone else have this happening? I've been on Tell Me since the 90's, and have never had this happen.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 22, 2016 19:50

Palace Revolution 2000
[youtu.be]

This clip is probably posted in here already. Stones guesting w/ Muddy on 'Baby Please Dont Go'. I just thought it funny how all guitarists have their patented little runs that they like to jump to. At 8:30 we hear Keith play the line he ends "Tie You Up" with.
BTW - not until around Page 120 did any links start showing up for me in this thread. I've noticed this a lot lately: that I see a post, and all the writing is present; but no links, or no photos. Am I missing something in settings? Does anyone else have this happening? I've been on Tell Me since the 90's, and have never had this happen.

Iv'e just checked page one and all the videos are still there.....you know you have to except to load unsafe script?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 24, 2016 02:09

Great concert, great video, great sound!
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 6, 2016 08:00

I know that there are a lot of Miss You haters out there. But check out this video made to go with the full 12" version, it's a trip!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 11, 2016 01:10

Because it's getting to be that time of year...and because some wild, scary creatures can also be very sweet. <3

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 11, 2016 12:13

Rolling Stones + Hot Babe = Jess Greenberg

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2016 20:04

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 11, 2016 21:28

grinning smiley

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: October 13, 2016 10:11

Van Morrison - Joyous Sound Live in Coventry - 2002
[www.youtube.com]

Pigram Brothers - Saltwater Country
[www.youtube.com]

and a really great blues

Ronnie Hawkins & Duane Allman - Down in the alley
[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...143144145146147148149150151152153...LastNext
Current Page: 148 of 205

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1414
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home