Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21
Re: OT: Barack Obama elected president of the USA
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 7, 2008 16:43

guitarbastard
Silver Dagger
Brothers and sisters, why are we fighting? Who's fighting and what for?

This is getting so boring! C'mon guys, Let's all chill a bit. Put on Exile, Let It Bleed, whatever. Pour yourself a nice JD and relax. Remember this is a Rolling Stones site not a political soapbox. We're all here to enjoy the music of the Stones, whatever our political persuasion. As such we should all be friends and be here to share and chat about the great music of our favourite band.

never trust a @#$%& hippie! ;-)
of course you're right....

I hope the irony wasn't lost on you. I was of course quoting Mick in Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 7, 2008 16:47

Silver Dagger
guitarbastard
Silver Dagger
Brothers and sisters, why are we fighting? Who's fighting and what for?

This is getting so boring! C'mon guys, Let's all chill a bit. Put on Exile, Let It Bleed, whatever. Pour yourself a nice JD and relax. Remember this is a Rolling Stones site not a political soapbox. We're all here to enjoy the music of the Stones, whatever our political persuasion. As such we should all be friends and be here to share and chat about the great music of our favourite band.

never trust a @#$%& hippie! ;-)
of course you're right....

I hope the irony wasn't lost on you. I was of course quoting Mick in Gimme Shelter.

i know!! ;-) hope you didnt take my comment too serious either! ;-)

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: November 7, 2008 16:50

doxa, I said that there are a LOT (47 million!!!!) who do NOT agree with this election. Do you get it now or should I speak even more S-L-O-W-L-Y?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 7, 2008 17:04

aslecs
doxa, I said that there are a LOT (47 million!!!!) who do NOT agree with this election. Do you get it now or should I speak even more S-L-O-W-L-Y?

Aah... so you don't agree with the result of democratic election? So there are 47 millions people in America ready to get rid of democracy bcause their guy wasn't voted for the office? What a shame. What are you going to do? A palace revolution? thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: November 7, 2008 17:19

We are should be more decent.

Like we do here in Finland:

[www.reuters.com]

>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 7, 2008 17:23

Doxa
We are should be more decent.

Like we do here in Finland:

[www.reuters.com]

- Doxa

Good for Finland, I would not want my children to see that horrible stuff too!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 7, 2008 18:02

Obama was a puppet for the DNC, who turned their backs in droves on Hilary - Kerry wanted him from the get-go, and saw to it that he would succeed as the Dem. choice, and be backed by alllll the elite in the party establishment - he's bringing no change - he's one of them!! Just a new younger, hipper version of the old elite.
Look at his pick for Chief of Staff - Emmanuel is not a listener; he's a no-holds barred, take no prisoners, my way or the highway kinda person.
He's bringing lots of people from Clinton's cabinet, too, which as a Clinton supporter, is great to see, but that is not CHANGE - it's the same sh-- we've had for the last 20 years.
Kerry as the Sec. of State?! God, I can't even imagine that - I detest that guy.
And for those that think the rest of the world is 2nd fiddle to us, God that's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard!! Who made us so high and mighty? I'm so tired of us running to the aide of the rest of the world - let them do their own problem solving for a change!! And has no one noticed that our country is bankrupt and is very fastly becoming a second and then third world country?? We've already had so much of our beloved country bought and/or propped up by foreign countries that I must wonder what becomes of us when we are entirely owned by the rest of the world, but still have a constitution?! Are we still a free country at that point??
That the world so easily loves Obama shows just how close we are to world peace and the end times - I can't believe how easily people are swayed. I've never witnessed such blind following in my lifetime, and I hearken it to all that followed @#$%&. There is nothing else for me to compare it to. Those that say he will sell out our country are DEAD ON. You just wait until he takes office and starts sitting down with our enemies - you think they're going to keep their word? Look at Russia - already starting to regroup under communist rule - yeah that worked well. They're stockpiling missiles on the Polish border while saying I can't wait to sit down with Obama?!
As for McCain supporting freedom fighters, well hell we once supported Iraq against Iran and we've been killing innocent civilians and innocent soldiers in the name of f-in oil for almost 8 years now. We supported Afghanistan because we hated the Soviet Union more and the cold war was still raging at that time and we didn't want to see them succeed. The point here is that the US often gets it wrong and then backtracks, changing its mind.
I said long ago that I believed Obama to be the Anti-Christ, and many Christian followers scoffed at me, saying no way. I cannot tell you, in the wake of the worldly celebration, and his being deemed the first global president, how many of these same Christians have now come back to me scarred outta their minds, not so sure anymore.
The banks are on their way to becoming one, and a single currency won't be far off - it's already been discussed, the technology is there for the mark (the chip to track us all), and now we will start the world peace process because everyone is once again ready to sit down and accept what the US has to say. All that is missing is the temple to be rebuilt (and all the needed supplies have already been gathered, the robes have even been made), and for Obama to survive an assassination head wound. I pray everyday for this country, my family, and mostly my kids, whom I'd waited my whole life to have and watch grow up. I never wanted this in their lifetime, but it is here, and no one can run from it.
I'll be ridiculed here, mocked, and maybe even banned - but it is truth, and when it all starts to unravel, I do hope you will all remember that VL13 tried to warn you in advance. Please make sure - each and everyone of you - that your faith in the God Almighty is secure, and you know where your place in eternity will be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-07 18:08 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: November 7, 2008 18:07

amen

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 7, 2008 18:11

Keep in mind the 'God bless America' tripe started with Nixon and Reagan really expounded upon it. Why that was said I'll never understand but it's very...pompous.

[www.time.com]

Date: November 7, 2008 18:12

While I will never deny what a great accomplishment it is for this country, I will always come back to the disbelief that we voted in someone with a muslim background, in the wake of 9/11 and 2 wars against muslim countries. Do we, as americans, feel so damn guilty at what we've been doing to these countries all these years that we needed to prove just how much against it we are by electing one to office??!!

And I'm still appalled by the fact that this "great" country could only come up with these two numb-skulls as our choices. I'm sorry, but looking back at all of the truly great and remarkable presidents we've had, I begin to think that our best years are already well behind us here in America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-07 18:16 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 7, 2008 18:13

"that your faith in the God Almighty is secure, and you know where your place in eternity will be."

Superb! I love this thread.....

Date: November 7, 2008 18:14

"I will always come back to the disbelief that we voted in someone with a muslim background"

Surely thats Racist?

Date: November 7, 2008 18:19

Obama HUSSEIN

Date: November 7, 2008 18:20

No worse than voting in a CHRISTIAN.

Fine line between and the other nutjob getting the heave-ho my friend. Racism has no place on this board.

Now THAT'S racist!!!

Date: November 7, 2008 18:21

Date: November 7, 2008 18:21

Which, by the way, isn't Obama a Christian?

Date: November 7, 2008 18:22

Just a warning. BV will only tolerate so much and your friend is being down right racist

Posted by: angee ()

That the world rejoices over the US choice of President may be viewed as a good thing, from another viewpint, yes?

You boys seem to stick politics and religion quite tightly together; but wasn't it one of the main motives of your ancestors to try to separate the two from each other? And you know, have it as a private sphere to be controlled none other than by the person or his/her community itself - in fact, that was the feature I really admired in McCain - he really wanted to keep the god-talk and all that as a private matter. That was not much appreciated in certain conservative circles, I know.

As a leftist post-Nietzshean European liberal I find it very difficult to understand the fundamentalism no matter in which form it occurs. I know, I know - if I bet the wrong horses, since I'm dead and gone, I will be doing coal work in a very warm place for the rest of eternity,

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-07 18:28 by Doxa.

Date: November 7, 2008 18:24

My friend? Ha ha.

Date: November 7, 2008 18:26

What's the population of the US? Isn't it quite a few more than the amount that voted?

Date: November 7, 2008 18:26

Agreed. Skipstone is being racist now

Date: November 7, 2008 18:29

Voodoolounge is being overtly racist and should be very careful

Date: November 7, 2008 18:29

Show me how or where I'm being racist. You're funny.

Date: November 7, 2008 18:31

what about skipstone?

Date: November 7, 2008 18:32

Aslecs wouldn't answer a question if his life depended on it.....

Date: November 7, 2008 18:33

What did I say that was racist? As far as I can tell, nothing. I simply said something about religion, seeing that THAT has been taken way out of context by you, aslecs. Muslims are evil? All of them? So then that would make Christians evil too, at least to your standards.

Date: November 7, 2008 18:35

Ablett,
It's not meant racist at all. All I'm saying is that there are FACTS that were missing. In the same way that we wouldn't put someone behind bars for murder if we were not 100% sure that that same person was guilty, we should not have voted someone into office to lead our country and have an influence on the rest of the world.
Why was his birth certificate suppressed? Why is he supported by the Palestinians here in the US? Why did he stay in a radically racist church listening to that filth for 20 years and only left when forced to??

All I'm saying is that we should have 100% of our facts before being asked to make a decision.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home