Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21
Re: OT: Barack Obama elected president of the USA
Date: November 7, 2008 23:27

olorin
More Hot Rocks
Just watched Barak's first press conference. THANK GOD WE NOW HAVE A PRESIDENT WITH A BRAIN!. Remember what Bush said when he got elected? " See what a C student can do?" .....yeah drive the USA right down the toilet!

That is a pretty unfair accusation. He is the most diplomated President of the US (except Obama). He did Yale School !!!

Bush earned acceptance into Yale like Elvis earned his black belt.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: November 7, 2008 23:28

HelterSkelter
GOTTA LOVE YOU TUBE - HERE IT IS FROM JUST MINUTES AGO

Thanks for the link. You too Baboon Bro, thanks for the link.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 7, 2008 23:29

I just saw news clip on tv. Sarah Palin thought Africa was a country! geez. Thanks God we have Barack!

Date: November 7, 2008 23:30

Can Bush spell Yale?

Date: November 7, 2008 23:34

Angus MacBagpipe
No, Ghost, not you. It was the "antichrist" references by others that got me worried.

Gotcha.

...and I think you worry for good reason - there are a lot of angry, deluded folk out there right now.

Date: November 7, 2008 23:38

The Ghost Of Good taste
olorin
More Hot Rocks
Just watched Barak's first press conference. THANK GOD WE NOW HAVE A PRESIDENT WITH A BRAIN!. Remember what Bush said when he got elected? " See what a C student can do?" .....yeah drive the USA right down the toilet!

That is a pretty unfair accusation. He is the most diplomated President of the US (except Obama). He did Yale School !!!

Bush earned acceptance into Yale like Elvis earned his black belt.

Didn't Elvis get an official FBI badge from Nixon too? Wow how sad. I guess Bush did get his degreee from a cereal box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-08 00:08 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: November 8, 2008 00:08

..and Barack HUSSEIn visited "all 57 States" DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by: stein ()
Date: November 8, 2008 00:09

A swedish professor said yesterday that Obama was the first intelligent US president for a long time. Hope he use his talent to make this world a better place to live for everybody.

Date: November 8, 2008 00:18

aslecs
..and Barack HUSSEIn visited "all 57 States" DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you poor man

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: November 8, 2008 00:36

Hey look everybody, aslecs woke up

Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: November 8, 2008 00:40

stein
A swedish professor said yesterday that Obama was the first intelligent US president for a long time. Hope he use his talent to make this world a better place to live for everybody.

Paid for by the Barak Obama For Savior Committe, European Branch

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 8, 2008 01:18

aslecs
..and Barack HUSSEIn visited "all 57 States"

Ha...I'd almost forgotten about that time Obama committed a gaffe during his campaign.

Date: November 8, 2008 02:12

the other few gaffes were:

>embracing the lovely w. ayers
>acorn
>his loevly minsiter

HAHAHAH

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 8, 2008 02:20

Compared to not knowing africa was a continent? Dinoasaurs and man didn't co-habitate? Shall I go on??????

Posted by: Arena1981 ()
Date: November 8, 2008 02:22

I am not surprised Ms. Palen thought Africa was a country. Really.
My fellow Americans are the least educated people in the world when it comes to geography.
Our public education system in this country is a joke.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 8, 2008 02:27

"John McCain displayed rather off-key singing and diplomacy skills when asked if there was a plan to attack Iran back in April 2007. Changing the words to the classic Beach Boys' song "Barbara Ann," the Arizona senator responded: "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran."

1. Policy on Pakistan

Days after John McCain criticized Barack Obama for announcing that he would strike terrorist targets in Pakistan, Palin told a customer in a Philadelphia restaurant on Sept. 27 the very same thing.

"If that's what we have to do to stop the terrorists from coming any further in, absolutely, we should," she said.

McCain later said on ABC's "This Week" that Palin's gaffe was not an official policy statement. "She was in a conversation with some young man," he said. "She understands and has stated repeatedly that we're not going to do anything except in America's national security interest and we are not going to, quote, announce it ahead of time."

2. The Bush Doctrine

Asked by ABC's Charlie Gibson to define the Bush Doctrine during a Sept. 11 interview, Palin appeared unsure of what he meant, and called it the president's "world view," his attempt to "rid this world of Islamic extremism." Gibson then lectured her "like an impatient teacher," according to the New York Times, identifying the doctrine as the belief that America has a right to anticipatory self-defense.

But the Bush Doctrine refers to a set of foreign policy positions enunciated by the president in the years since he took office: taking a unilateral approach to international treaties, regarding nations as either "with us or with the terrorists," claiming the right to make preemptive war and making democracy-promotion America's first mission abroad.

Charles Krauthammer, the columnist who created the term, wrote that "Sarah Palin didn't know what it is. But neither does Charlie Gibson."

3. Russia: Visible From Alaska

During a discussion of foreign affairs and America's relationship with former nemesis Russia, ABC's Charlie Gibson asked how Alaska's proximity to Russia gave her foreign policy insight.

"They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska," Palin said.

Though Alaska has trade relations with neighbor Russia, Palin has played no part in negotiating them as governor.

4. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

During a campaign stop in Colorado Springs on Sept. 6, Gov. Palin said that mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers," and that a McCain-Palin administration "will make them smaller and smarter and more effective for homeowners who need help."

Yet when she made that comment, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were not receiving any taxpayer money. The next day the Bush Administration announced they were taking over the failing companies to help prevent a financial meltdown.

5. Bridge to Nowhere

On Aug. 29, in her first speech after being picked as John McCain's running mate, Palin said she told Congress "'thanks but no thanks' on that Bridge to Nowhere," adding, "'If our state wanted a bridge,' I said, 'we'd build it ourselves.'"

Congress approved a $223 million earmark in 2005 to build a bridge between the Alaska mainland and an island with a population of 50, sparking debate on what was, and wasn't, a waste of taxpayer money.

But before she was against the infamous "bridge to nowhere," Palin was for it.

She said during her gubernatorial run that she would continue state funding for the bridge. "The window is now while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist," she said, according to the Anchorage Daily News. The earmark was withdrawn in 2006, before she entered office.

6. What Does the VP Do Anyway?

In an interview with CNBC in July -- before she was the Republican vice presidential nominee -- Palin criticized the No. 2 slot, implying it was fruitless and useless.

"As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I'm used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration," she said.

"We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we're trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question."

Date: November 8, 2008 02:57

where are those 57 states? damn brothers, helps meez out!!!!

Date: November 8, 2008 03:21

Obama's life story is vastly different from the one he portrays. My point: if he will lie about his mother and father, what else is he lying about? Can we expect 'bimbo eruptions?'"

Fiction: Obama stated in his Convention speech: 'My father ... grew up herding goats.' The 'goat herder' claim has been repeated endlessly. It is a lie.

Fact: Obama's grandfather, Hussein Onyango Obama was a prominent and wealthy farmer. His son, Obama's father, was a child of privilege, not privation. He was an outstanding student, not a herdsman.

"Fiction: Obama was given an 'African' name. Fact: Obama is a Muslim who has concealed his religion. I am a strong supporter of the Muslim community, and I believe Muslims have been scapegoated. Obama has a great opportunity to be forthright. Instead, he has treated his Muslim heritage as a dark secret. His grandfather was named 'Hussein.' That is an Arabic-Muslim, not African, name. Hussein was a devout Muslim and named his son, Barack Senior, 'Baraka.' Baraka is an Arabic word meaning 'blessed.' Baraka comes out of the Koran and Arabic, not Africa.

"Barack Senior was also a devoted Muslim, and also chose a Muslim name for his son, our own Barack Obama, Junior. Again, his name was an Arabic and Koranic.

Obama has spent a lifetime running from his family heritage and religious heritage. Would his father have given his son a Koranic name if the father was not a devout Muslim? Obama's stepfather was also a Muslim. Obama will be the first Muslim-heritage senator; he should be proud of that fact. There is nothing to be ashamed of in any of the three great Abrahamic religions.

"Fiction: Obama Senior was a harmless student 'immigrant' who came to the United States only to study.

Fact: Obama was part of one of the most corrupt and violent organizations in Africa: the Kenyatta regime. Obama's father ran back to Kenya soon after the British left. It is likely Obama's father had Mau Mau sympathies or connections, or he would not have been welcomed into the murderous inner circle of rapists, murderers, and arsonists.

I believe Obama's secret shame at his family history of rape, murder and arson is what actualizes him. Our research is not yet complete. We are seeking to examine British colonial records. Our investigation to date has drawn on information on three continents.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 8, 2008 03:22

He runs Thorn Industries too doesnt he? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 8, 2008 03:26

ahhhhhhhhh, the Truth. so hurtful

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 8, 2008 03:42

How did this post turn into a political diatribe? It started acknowledging the historical moment, and was a congrats on the new path the US is embarking on. Be gracious and if you don't have anything nice to say go to another internet forum on politics and post to your hearts content.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 8, 2008 03:53

aslecs, I say this only because I care, there are several brands of decaf coffee out on the market today that taste just as good as the real thing.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 8, 2008 03:53

aslecs
the other few gaffes were:

>embracing the lovely w. ayers
>acorn
>his loevly minsiter

I'm not sure those would really qualify as Obama gaffes. Let's face it, it will be years before he lives down the "57 States" verbal slip. In fact, it was so embarrassing that he may never escape its shadow.

But those other three...well, it's not as though they had much traction. The Clinton Machine couldn't find a way to make them stick. Neither could McCain or the GOP- even with the best Rovian tactics. It makes you wonder why they all didn't go after the "57 States" thing instead. I'm absolutely convinced that- if they had- Obama would have never been elected. 57 States, indeed!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 8, 2008 04:07

I will say, if nothing else, we have a president that can speak again. If he does nothing, he'll travel the world, make great speeches, and improve our appearance.

I can't say I agree with his tax policy though. We're already near the top in the world in corporate tax. If they raise it more, that'll just cause more corporations to seek cheaper work outside of the country. And raising taxes on the rich, well who creates small business and the jobs that follow. Rich people! Are they going to give up more of their money? No, they'll raise cost and/or let people go, neither of which will help unemployment or inflation.

All this talk of him being a Muslim or Arab...well I believe Muslims feel once a Muslim always a Muslim. Now does that mean Obama thinks of himself as a muslim? No, and I don't either. Now being of Arab descent...his family being from east Africa, I say that may be partially true, but so what? Ethnic background and citizenship are two different things. My grandparent's Slovak background doesn't make me a non-American.

I think you have 2 camps...people who are uncomfortable with someone who, despite writing 2 books, seems to have a lot of gaps in his biography and people just don't know that much about him. And you have the other side who, is so enamored by his voice will accept anything he does and gaze at him with a blank cultish stare.

And you always have those people in the middle who really don't pay much attention to the issues and just want something different, and the 'Change' thing appealed to them.

Whether that change is worse or better...I guess time will tell. But, as I mentioned above, his tax policy scares me. I didn't buy into the "Change is always better" campaign.

I really consider myself more of a Libertarian, so don't assume I blindly vote Republican. But...unlike a lot of voters...I do actually pay attention to the issues rather than 5 second sound bytes on TV.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 8, 2008 04:11

aslecs
Our research is not yet complete. We are seeking to examine British colonial records. Our investigation to date has drawn on information on three continents.

Too late. The election was held Tuesday.

I am so weary of this kind of mentality. This permanent war between sides has got to stop.

This isn't high school football...it's our country for crying out loud!

Do you really think you're being a good American by trying to undermine our next President before he takes the oath of office?

The only people who benefit from that kind of stuff are the media guys who profit from a divided nation. They hate Obama--not just because he's a liberal--but because he's the kind of leader who can actually bring this country together and help both sides find enough common ground to solve the biggest problems facing us.

For Rush and his lot, that would be a disaster. Without a house divided they would lose their reason to exist.

Those who wish Obama to fail are INSANE. If he fails...we all lose.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 8, 2008 04:11

Plus, look what we're missing by voting for Obama:

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 8, 2008 04:13

She just left the "South" off for short.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 8, 2008 04:26

loog droog
aslecs
Our research is not yet complete. We are seeking to examine British colonial records. Our investigation to date has drawn on information on three continents.

Too late. The election was held Tuesday.

I am so weary of this kind of mentality. This permanent war between sides has got to stop.

This isn't high school football...it's our country for crying out loud!

Do you really think you're being a good American by trying to undermine our next President before he takes the oath of office?

The only people who benefit from that kind of stuff are the media guys who profit from a divided nation. They hate Obama--not just because he's a liberal--but because he's the kind of leader who can actually bring this country together and help both sides find enough common ground to solve the biggest problems facing us.

For Rush and his lot, that would be a disaster. Without a house divided they would lose their reason to exist.

Those who wish Obama to fail are INSANE. If he fails...we all lose.

Biggest media loser in this...Sean Hannity....may he take his total negativity and go home.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 8, 2008 04:33

HelterSkelter
Economic crisis, he's got his A1 team behind him.... If this Man can't fix it I don't know who can - I think he wants to go down as a great leader, He's HUNGRY to succeed - Fine with me, GO FOR IT BARACK !!! I don't see a lot of down time at Camp David with this dude, he's gonna work.... Maybe my expectations are too high but so far, so good !!!.... DAMN, lookin' good !!!

Amen.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 8, 2008 05:10

Aslecs, do tell us about your name, your origins,your education, your goals and what you have done for your country.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home