Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 21
Re: Ot: BARACK OBAMA ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE USA
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:08

Addicted
VoodooLounge13...
Oh dear.. What can I say, except - you should be happy today. Your country's just elected a new president - because the majority of the people find him a good man. Thet's the thing with democracy, you know.
Forget your prejudice and give him a chance. It can't get any worse than during the last 8 years... When your country was run by a former cokain addict/alcoholic born again christian. That was not a good enough cv. Far from.

Excuse me, but I'm not a prejudice person at all - I could care less that he's half black - it's all the radical sh-t that scares me witless.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:09

Everybody: Ignore Voodoo Lounge.

This post should be a non-partisan celebration.

Voodoo, if you can't get with this thread, don't read it.

And don't crash this party and make trouble so that the cops shut it down.

The election is over. Debate now is pointless.

If you want to be a good Republican soldier, follow the marching orders you got from Sen. McCain last night: support your new President.

Enough of the partisan crap. Let's get this country together.

God bless America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 16:11 by loog droog.

Date: November 5, 2008 16:11

Addicted
VoodooLounge13...
Oh dear.. What can I say, except - you should be happy today. Your country's just elected a new president - because the majority of the people find him a good man. Thet's the thing with democracy, you know.
Forget your prejudice and give him a chance. It can't get any worse than during the last 8 years... When your country was run by a former cokain addict/alcoholic born again christian. That was not a good enough cv. Far from.

Dubya gives Born-Agains a BAD rap!! He's a terrible example of how most of us view things - that's why he's so friggin hated. Nevermind his whole his way or the highway, we don't need evidence to go kill innocent people mentality

Date: November 5, 2008 16:11

<it's all the radical sh-t that scares me witless.>

What "radical shit" is that? Most of the civilized world has done those things he stands for for years. Why must America be different?

Date: November 5, 2008 16:13

ablett
"And what's the country going to be like if he gets assassinated?"

Eh, with the terrorist problems the president must be the most protected man on the planet???

And what is the problem with 'muslims'?

There is no problem with muslims as a whole, but the radical few that attacked our country are a major problem. I'm just amazed that we would vote in someone of questionable origins with ties to known Palenstinian groups after what those radicals did.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:15

Congratulations to United States !

Date: November 5, 2008 16:16

loog droog
Everybody: Ignore Voodoo Lounge.

This post should be a non-partisan celebration.

Voodoo, if you can't get with this thread, don't read it.

And don't crash this party and make trouble so that the cops shut it down.

The election is over. Debate now is pointless.

If you want to be a good Republican soldier, follow the marching orders you got from Sen. McCain last night: support your new President.

Enough of the partisan crap. Let's get this country together.

God bless America.

"If you want to be a good Republican soldier" I'm actually a staunch democrat who was a Clinton supporter and was appalled at the way the fin media in this country turned its back on who should have been the next president - how fast we forget how great things were under the Clinton administration. But that's a whole other thread.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:16

VoodooLounge13

Gazza,
Obama's ties to his radical paster for 20 years, the association with a known terrorist, Ayers, and with known Palenstinian supporters in his camp, not to mention the Acorn scandal, and the entire question around is he or is he not muslim, should have left more than enough doubts to keep him from being elected to lead our country, a place, where there was overwhelming evidence to put away OJ, who so obviously was guilty, but it was doubts that kept him free. And now, a generation so taken by empty rhetoric and no gameplan has thrown away doubts (and the memories of 9/11) to usher in this historic wave of change. All Christians, who believe the end is near, are living in great fear of what's ahead here.

I can't stop wondering whether this man is joking or not...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:18

Dubya does give born agains a bad rap-but then again they are some of the most judgemental people I know.

Date: November 5, 2008 16:19

scottkeef
Dubya does give born agains a bad rap-but then again they are some of the most judgemental people I know.

That's very true!! A lot of hyprocrisy inside them.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:20

scottkeef

Agreed.......

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:35

There will be no honeymoon for our man-child president to be. He'd better deliver the goods - and sooner rather than later.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:37

Refocus everyone. What happened last night was Earth moving for the United States. Lets stick to that. The current state of things are what they are. Now, everyone needs to be thinking on the terms Curtis Mayfield wrote many years ago.

"Keep on pushin" and "Movin on up" both quotes looked toward the future and a better world for everyone.

CBII

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:39

A li'l bit of Stones' connection

[www.tennessean.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:41

Did Dubya already congratulate him? He is conspisiously quiet...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:42

I kept looking at the map last night and seeing blue in the northeast and red in the southeast. Made my head spin - why the south refuses to wake up I'll never understand. The Republican regime has not helped the south out at all - but just like the people of New Orleans insisting on continuing to live with thieves and people who will never bother to do anything worthwhile, Louisiana voted Republican. Goes to show you that, with as much griping there has been about Bush, a lot of people must have really liked the way it's been because it was voted to continue.

A lot of people voted in the likes of not having one of those in the white house. The kind of people that say things along the lines of they're gonna have to pull out the rose garden and put in a watermelon patch.

America is rampant with racism - oops, I mean ignorance. It's quite frustrating.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:45

The USA as we know it is DEAD

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:45

"man-child president" ..... Eh? What is a man child???

"Did Dubya already congratulate him? He is conspisiously quiet..."

I wonder what will be Dubya's move once he's done or what will happen to him?

Date: November 5, 2008 16:46

Koen
Did Dubya already congratulate him? He is conspisiously quiet...

Yes, he called him late last night and invited him to come to the White House with his family to start getting used to it.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:51

CBII
Refocus everyone. What happened last night was Earth moving for the United States. Lets stick to that. The current state of things are what they are. Now, everyone needs to be thinking on the terms Curtis Mayfield wrote many years ago.

"Keep on pushin" and "Movin on up" both quotes looked toward the future and a better world for everyone.

Or how about a song Curtis did with the Impressions forty years ago:

Some people think we don't have the right
To say it's my country
Before they give in, they'd rather fuss and fight
Than say it's my country

I've paid three hundred years or more
Of slave driving, sweat, and welts on my back
This is my country

Too many have died in protecting my pride
For me to go second class
We've survived a hard blow and I want you to know
That you must face us at last

And I know you will give consideration
Shall we perish unjust or live equal as a nation
This is my country

Let's celebrate today. No more fighting on this thread, PLEASE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 16:52 by loog droog.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:54

skipstone
America is rampant with racism - oops, I mean ignorance. It's quite frustrating.

the sort of crazy comment, that warrants the closure of this thread.

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: November 5, 2008 16:57

I am a Republican and while obviously disappointed with the result of yesterday's election, I've mentally prepared myself for this knowing some weeks ago that John McCain could not win.

I hope and pray that the president-elect is up to the challenges he's going to face but I'm starting to think this just might be the biggest "Be careful what you wish for" moment in history.

Date: November 5, 2008 16:58

he is a dangerous dangerous man

Date: November 5, 2008 17:02

Well it's about time some others join me, so I don't take alllllllllllllllll the attacks! LOL

Date: November 5, 2008 17:05

Are you saying that Obama is WORSE than McCain/PALIN? Are you NUTS?

Date: November 5, 2008 17:07

Obama gives the U.S. hope in turning things around. A "dangerous dangerous man" - that's so funny. What does that make Palin? A puck puck honey?

Date: November 5, 2008 17:10

scottkeef
VoodooLounge13,everything you said is just the same crap Obamas detractors have been spewing for the last year which has been proven to be garbage many times over. Get over it and stop trying to spoil it for everyone that has faith that FINALLY America can get back on track. For me it gives meaning to the last thing my brother did(to cast his vote for Obama) before he passed away,I wish he could have lived to see the result. CBII, I sure would like to know your fathers thoughts considering everything he has seen in his lifetime!!

Just wanted everyone to know that even though you agreed with me on Dubya and born agains, we are not on the same page with Obama!

Date: November 5, 2008 17:11

You are so full of your own hype, which you probably got from FOX news, that it's not even funny. Go hide with the rest of the fear mongers who didn't mind the way it was under W - they actually LIKE it - and wanted it to continue with the really really old man and the whack nut chicky.

Date: November 5, 2008 17:13

Just listen to his preacher man that he says he never heard (OK, that makes him a LIAR already) - he only attended that church for 20 years. If we wasn't lsitetnign why did he go. LIAR.

Also: Rezco
Ayers

We are dead meat!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 5, 2008 17:13

skipstone
I kept looking at the map last night and seeing blue in the northeast and red in the southeast. Made my head spin - why the south refuses to wake up I'll never understand. The Republican regime has not helped the south out at all - but just like the people of New Orleans insisting on continuing to live with thieves and people who will never bother to do anything worthwhile, Louisiana voted Republican. Goes to show you that, with as much griping there has been about Bush, a lot of people must have really liked the way it's been because it was voted to continue.

A lot of people voted in the likes of not having one of those in the white house. The kind of people that say things along the lines of they're gonna have to pull out the rose garden and put in a watermelon patch.
I understand how you feel but please know some of us in the south(actually Texas drew 49% for Obama even though he lost the state) tried to make a difference.Believe me,living here my vote every four years is more symbolic than anything else but I still try

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 17:15 by scottkeef.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home