Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 27, 2008 12:23

Tom Ray was the promoter for London label in the sixties. He was also drummer in the underground band The leaves. He get's a gold award for jjf and beggars banquet.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: September 27, 2008 12:46

this was our rolling stones cake for our marriage 10 years ago

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 27, 2008 22:05

Some Knebworth stuff....

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 27, 2008 23:29

I don´t have a digital camera, but I just bought this a couple of minutes ago, so I borrow the pic from the seller. Rare as hens teeth, as Stones-relics would say:

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 28, 2008 01:35

This is by no means a complete set of Japan 1990 stuff but a nice little selection to get your taste buds going. A promo Kimono (given to Keith), a promo saki cup, a Steel Wheels Japan Tour promo CD and a couple of handbills.....

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: September 28, 2008 11:24

nice set matt !
... and here a couple of rare CD's ...

Andreas

Date: September 28, 2008 12:05

Matt, absolutely not comparable with your collection of 00001 singles, but I knew that at least also one record with a 0001 numbering is my own, and here it is, luckily a Ronnie Wood item with a big poster in it ...

Andreas

Date: September 28, 2008 12:09

Trade you for it :-)

Date: September 28, 2008 21:35

mattleeuk
Trade you for it :-)

perhaps ... (we really should me at Utrecht .... :-)
Cheers
Andreas

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 29, 2008 15:17

Just received: As tears go by UK mispressing. Matrix XDRF 37398 TI.1C (Sing praises to God???)

The other side is regular original 19th nervous.

Date: September 29, 2008 16:03

Goats Head Soup 24" square promo poster.

Date: September 29, 2008 16:07

I don't think I posted these yet. These are official high end Virgin Records promo items. The Bigger Bang Promo Fender shoes! Apparenlty only 10 pairs of these were made in the UK. Also the Bigger Bang Promo fridge.....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:18

mickijaggeroo
I don´t have a digital camera, but I just bought this a couple of minutes ago, so I borrow the pic from the seller. Rare as hens teeth, as Stones-relics would say:

So you finally got it? Congratulations. Price? cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-29 21:35 by TooTough.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:33

Matt, Would you have any stones related drinking glasses in your collection? looking for half pint sizes. Also any stones ice buckets?

Strange questions i know.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:53

mattleeuk
Goats Head Soup 24" square promo poster.

Nice poster, Matthew...where dja get that one?

JR

Date: September 29, 2008 19:01

:-) Didn't I get one of these from you? I am not sure if it was this actual copy or not though (I have probably had 5 different copies in the last few years but am down to 2 at the moment).

One of the 76 photo laminates our mystery poster francios posted I used to own. I had three the similar ones and traded it to one of three people...(he/she is either one of those or someone they traded it to!).

There ain't that much of the rare really nice stuff!

Matt

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:44

What a great thread.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 29, 2008 21:10

Thanks...

JR

Posted by: Francios Fucqua ()
Date: September 29, 2008 22:08

mattleeuk

One of the 76 photo laminates our mystery poster francios posted I used to own. I had three the similar ones and traded it to one of three people...(he/she is either one of those or someone they traded it to!).

There ain't that much of the rare really nice stuff!

Matt

Mr. Lee, I'm pleased you're examininig my items so closely but I don't think I know you. I prefer paper but I thought I'd join in on the 3-D fun. Here are some rare Made in the Shade shades and matchbooks.

Date: September 29, 2008 22:09

A very rare Sticky Fingers promo zipper and cloth patches.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 29, 2008 22:11

TooTough
mickijaggeroo

So you finally got it? Congratulations. Price? cool smiley

Thanks! Well, I´ll have to live on mashed potatoes for a while. If you wanna know the exact price, mail me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WANTED:

Maybe Matt or someone can help me with the only one I´m missing in my swedish collection??:
Scandinavium, Gothenburg 1973, it looks like this, pic courtesy of www.sweconpos.com:

I have the generic original, but missing this....
If anybody can help me out, please mail me. I´ve been looking for years, but no luck.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 29, 2008 22:11

A group of 72 Licks merchandise. Still need the rhinestone pin.

Date: September 29, 2008 23:35

Francios, I just enjoy learning about stuff and collecting it. I much appreciate your posts as you have some really great stuff, congratulations. I fell asleep last time those Made In The Shade glasses came up on eBay. You win some, you lose some, there is certainly no point in falling out over stuff, it is only stuff and people and relationships are much more important. I value the friendship and fun I have with the many, many people I have trade with far more than the stuff. If it all went up in flames tonight I would just start again tomorrow.

Collecting is like any other addiction, it can eat you up inside and destroy relationships. I have lost two great friends to collecting that couldn't get over their all consuming nature of their addiction and couldn't let go of their jealously if I got an item they wanted. Very, very sad and the only side of collecting that I don't like. Fortunately there are many, many people I have built fantastic relationships with so the net result is definately worth it!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2008 10:08

Date: September 30, 2008 10:39

Vilhelm,

Sorry I don't have that version but I will keep my eye open for you (I see a lot of stuff). I have the generic one, a Paris one and a Frankfurt one and I think maybe one other but not the Scandinavian one (it has to be a tough find, I don't think I have ever even seen it before so thanks for posting!).

schillid, I am loving the tickets. That is what it is all about (the music). I will post some when I get a moment.

Date: September 30, 2008 12:22

odean73
Matt, Would you have any stones related drinking glasses in your collection? looking for half pint sizes. Also any stones ice buckets?

Strange questions i know.

Matt,

I think this one question might have got lost, any chance?

Date: September 30, 2008 12:31

Sorry, odean73 (yes with all the large images I totally missed your question!)

Not seen any ice buckets (at least not official ones). The most unusual official glasses I have are 81 custom backstage plastic cups.

I was given some very nice half pint glasses with a etched tongue on them. They were custom made and very nice indeed (it just depends if you want an official item or not).

Date: September 30, 2008 12:48

mattleeuk
Sorry, odean73 (yes with all the large images I totally missed your question!)

Not seen any ice buckets (at least not official ones). The most unusual official glasses I have are 81 custom backstage plastic cups.

I was given some very nice half pint glasses with a etched tongue on them. They were custom made and very nice indeed (it just depends if you want an official item or not).

Those half pint glasses sound good, any chance you could point me in the direction of where they can be obtained?

I realise the copyright issue could be at stake here thou.

thanks for geting back.

Date: September 30, 2008 13:44

Apologies Matt, in my rush & excitement and after reading your post again, i now realise theyw as a gift and you did not have them made your selve.

Date: September 30, 2008 14:35

Odean73, don't worry they are very good friends (they stayed in my house/museum over Christmas and I went to my parents). I was therefore able to ask where they were done and they gave me a business card of the place. I will look out the card and post a picture of the glasses later. Private email me for details of the place ([email protected])

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home