Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Oasis assaulted in Toronto
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 9, 2008 16:21

The Assailant: Daniel Sullivan from Pickering, Ontario

From [live4ever.proboards48.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 9, 2008 17:20

Wow.
Nice pictures of the prick.
I've seen Oasis 7 times and they've never been abusive or anything but entertaining.
I guess you have your good nights and your bad...but no 'fan' deserves or pays for the right to come up onto the stage and destroy the concert many have paid for.

Its like idiots running onto the field during play. Now everybody has to suffer for one moron.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 9, 2008 17:35

Why is that guy coming from behind?

Anyway, wait for Noel to get his address...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 9, 2008 17:35

I've seen the opposite - saw The Cult in Merriville, IN back in 1992, in a beautiful theatre. I don't know what inspired a good bit of the crowd to tear the place apart but people started freaking out, Ian just stood there and told people to chill out, they didn't, on with the show, and then people were running up to Billy Duffy in the middle of the songs...to shake his hand.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: September 9, 2008 17:58

Actually Noel and the other guys should send some cash to Daniel Sullivan for giving them some lines in the newspapers just before the release of their new record at the end of this month.
Guess they don't feel too bad about this.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 9, 2008 18:22

with sssoul
... anyone feel like interpreting the audience reaction for me?
it looks like they're cheering the entire incident, but i might be misreading that
(and i'm not sure what sort of reaction i'd expect anyway)

I had the same reaction to the clip. The attack is one thing, but the audience's reaction is very strange (disturbing).

To with sssoul's point, it appears that they actually cheer the event. I can't explain that, if I'm a fan of the band then I'd be angry or upset by such an event, and the last thing I'd be doing is cheering.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 9, 2008 19:22

Yup, there's even some laughter!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 9, 2008 19:38

thanks for seeing what i mean, camper88 and HM. i suppose maybe it happened so fast that it didn't really sink in until it was over.
i mean: a similar film at a Stones show might catch a bunch of people in the crowd still going yeah yeah yeah woo,
by momentum as it were, and it wouldn't reflect what they really felt about assaults on musicians ...
on the other hand, i had a quick look at the Oasis forum schillid found these photos on,
and it's a little hard to tell whether - well, never mind! :E it's hard to tell around here sometimes too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-09 19:46 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 9, 2008 19:55

There are more articles about this on the web. Appartantly there was some yelling back and fourth between the band and the fans.. big surprise... So maybe that is why fans cheered when someone attacked him.

The way they yelled at the crowd when I saw them as the opening band I honestly thought some of the fans were going to rush the stage.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 9, 2008 20:10

ah so - thanks for that clarification, Hound Dog.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 9, 2008 20:17

Regardless of what many may of Noel Gallagher, what happened was an absolute disgrace and very dangerous. He could’ve been seriously hurt.

Let’s just hope am appropriate punishment is dished out.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 9, 2008 20:46

I guess you can like someone's music but still think they are pricks that deserve to get their asses kicked. But in this case, that is so far below the belt it's not funny - Gallagher could have really been hurt bad, to the point of possibly even being paralysed. And I think no matter how much one dislikes someone, something like that is just...how many ways can it be described? It's just not good period.

The dude rushing Keith when he bopped him with his guitar - shit yeah he had no idea what that dude was going to do. But he saw him.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 9, 2008 23:11

a disgraceful incident.

Best wishes to Noel - get well soon

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2008 01:00

Melbourne Herald Sun - 10 September 2008

ROCKMAN

Oasis postpones London, Ont., show
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 10, 2008 01:30

Oasis pull gig over Noel's injury

Oasis have rescheduled their concert in Ontario, Canada after Noel Gallagher was hurt by a fan on stage on Sunday at the V Festival in Toronto.

A statement posted on the band's website revealed the star had suffered "bruising to his ribs and hip" after he was pushed during his set.

"Despite resting up yesterday, the extent of his injuries mean he will not be able to perform tonight."

The concert has now been rescheduled to take place on 15 December.

Ticketholders have been advised to hold on to their passes, which will be valid for the new date or can be refunded from the outlet which sold them.

The statement added the band were "very keen to complete their Canadian tour".

'Fell heavily'

The guitarist, 41, was admitted to hospital after a man ran on stage and pushed him over while he performed.

Toronto police said Daniel Sullivan, 47, had been charged over the incident.

A statement posted on the site on Monday said Gallagher had fallen "heavily on to his monitor speakers".

Despite his injuries, he returned to the stage a few minutes later to complete the set but was taken to hospital after the show.

The incident came as the band performed the title track to their 1995 album (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

Gallagher's attacker was hauled to the ground by security guards. The guitarist's younger brother Liam, who was singing, had to be restrained from retaliating.

Events were captured on video by a fan in the audience and posted on the YouTube website.
Story from BBC NEWS:
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Published: 2008/09/09 17:34:42 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-10 01:41 by open-g.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2008 01:31

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 10, 2008 01:49

What a stupid thing to say!! Man, no wonder people dislike these guys! I recall Oasis putting down the Beatles BIG TIME, now he tells how he idolizes John?? WHAT A TWIT!

Posted by: terry ()
Date: September 10, 2008 01:55

yeah that liam is all mouth and no trousers
that guy attacked the wrong gallagher

Date: September 10, 2008 01:58

The bad behavior of some fans reminds me of this low point in Stones history...

How pathetic. Goes to show that there's a**holes at shows of various different bands.

It's understandable why they have metal detectors for fans entering concerts concerts nowadays.

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: September 10, 2008 02:07

schillid
The bad behavior of some fans reminds me of this low point in Stones history...

god, why did u have to bring this up again!?

Date: September 10, 2008 10:15

terry
that guy attacked the wrong gallagher

anyone who trepasses omn stage and attacks a performer,
should have the full force of the law thrown at them,
and should not be condoned by all right-thinking people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-10 10:32 by Adrian-L.

Date: September 10, 2008 10:28

Adrian-L
should be condoned by all right-thinking people.

Didn't you mean to type "should NOT be condoned"?

Date: September 10, 2008 10:32

schillid
Adrian-L
should be condoned by all right-thinking people.

Didn't you mean to type "should NOT be condoned"?

typo corrected -thanks for flagging it up.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 10, 2008 14:13

mickschix
What a stupid thing to say!! Man, no wonder people dislike these guys! I recall Oasis putting down the Beatles BIG TIME,

I think you're seriously mistaken....

mickschix
now he tells how he idolizes John?? ,

You're only noticing this now? Seriously? Er..you're aware that he named his son Lennon?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-10 14:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 10, 2008 14:35

No, Gazza, I believe I've even commented on this before and yes, I knew that. It just amazes me how bands like this even maintain a following! Twisted, headline hunters!! What's your take on the root of this dementia??

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 10, 2008 14:52

Beatles

Date: September 10, 2008 15:11

mickschix
No, Gazza, I believe I've even commented on this before and yes, I knew that. It just amazes me how bands like this even maintain a following! Twisted, headline hunters!! What's your take on the root of this dementia??

If youve commented on his Lennon idolatry before (which has been well documented since the very start of their career - the band was originally named after a Beatles b side for example) why are you saying "now he says he idolises John"

Your comment about them slagging the Beatles off is totally inaccurate which makes the rest of your statement a bit redundant. In fact, I've never known any band in history to be so enthralled by another artist. Its so compulsive I sometimes get the impression Liam Gallagher has nothing else in his record collection.

mickschix
It just amazes me how bands like this even maintain a following!

because they play good driving rock n roll, perhaps?

mickschix
Twisted, headline hunters!!

You mean like the Stones and Andrew Oldham never courted headlines?

What's this 'twisted' thing you're referring to? Being obsessed with a rock musician? No offence, Debra - but you dont think thats a tad ironic considering your username?

mickschix
What's your take on the root of this dementia??

What 'dementia' are you talking about?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-10 15:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 10, 2008 15:15

I think they had a bit of a spat with George Harrison but not the Beatles as such. I think Liam's description of George was 'great songwriter but a complete 'nipple' as a person'.

Date: September 10, 2008 15:16

Correct, terraplane.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 10, 2008 15:27

I think the argument with George Harrison was over some silly comments he may have made about Oasis. Liam challenged to a fist-fight. Classic Liam, really, and anyone would be foolish to take it seriously.

Noel Gallagher was the very complementary about George regarding their few meetings.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2161
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home