Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Oasis assaulted in Toronto
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:24

Noel assaulted onstage..

The concert went on but Noel went to the hospital afterward
as he landed hard on his monitors.

This happened last night September 7th.
The guy is being charged with assault.

I admit I'm an Oasis fan but even if I wasn't this was a horrible cowardly attack!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-08 23:36 by Munichhilton.

Re: OT: Oasis assaulted in Toronto
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:30

I can't stand them, but that is very dodgy!!! They're lucky the guy only pushed him.

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:30

bet damon albarn is laughing his arse off now...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:32

I bet he got a right kicking afterwards!

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:34

Imagine trying that in Manchester!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:35

>>They're lucky the guy only pushed him.<<

very lucky that the audience was close enough to catch him.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:36

Can't stand these guys. Saw them open for the Black Crowes and all they did was insult the crowd in between songs and people started throwing stuff at them until they stopped playing right in the middle of a song.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:41

That's awful. Too bad they didn't let Liam kick the bastards ass real good and then send that miserable creep to a Russian labour camp.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:41

I hope they kicked the shit out of that guy. Break his arms

Date: September 8, 2008 23:43

The Stones
That's awful. Too bad they didn't let Liam kick the bastards ass real good and then send that miserable creep to a Russian labour camp.

Ha, it looks like such a half arsed attempt at getting at the guy, sorry but Liam is a grade A plonker. He probably learned his lesson when he got his teeth knocked out. drinking smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:48

Who's Damon Albarn?

Saw Oasis a couple weeks ago in Vancouver, their second show of this tour (first being down in Seattle). A very good concert, actually better than I thought. Seen them once before in Vancouver in 98. Liam's voice is sounding good and their new drummer is pretty good, too. Bit surprised they're touring so early since their album isn't going to be out for a while yet. Wasn't impressed with opener Ryan Adams, though. His musical style didn't seem to fit very well with Oasis's.
All the reviews I've read so far have been very positive. Wonder if they'll be postponing any shows because of this?

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 8, 2008 23:50

His Majesty
The Stones

Ha, it looks like such a half arsed attempt at getting at the guy, sorry but Liam is a grade A plonker. He probably learned his lesson when he got his teeth knocked out. drinking smiley

Did I see Liam spit at the beginning?! Sheer class.
Who does he think he is? Sid Vicious? Or Roger Waters?! >grinning smiley<

Date: September 8, 2008 23:59

Conservative stones board, what ever next.

I seem to remember a concert film showing some old geezer spitting his fags out. Dirty sod.....

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 9, 2008 00:04

Typical; this guy spits at people gets pushed and crys like a little girl. yeah real tough guy.

Date: September 9, 2008 00:05

Who mentioned that he cried? Noel actually got back up and finished the gig.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 9, 2008 00:08

It's not quite the point wether you like Oasis or not - that was a back-stabbing attack, out of the blue.
If Noel had seen that mf coming, we'd bee watching another Keith-guitar-fling on YouTube.

...and what's with "crying and spitting"? you must be watching a different clip^^

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-09 00:13 by open-g.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: September 9, 2008 00:45

...spot on, open-g.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 9, 2008 02:24

CanĀ“t believe he could jump onto the stage from behind the amps. How the hell could he get there without being stopped by security? I hope someone got fired for that.

Wether you like them or not, this was a despicable and insidious attack and that moron has to be charged with assault.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 9, 2008 02:34

Various stage attacks here, including Mick/Keith's:

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 9, 2008 03:33

That is odd, how the dude just popped out of nowhere. I don't care for them either, in fact, I can't fu*cking stand them, but I don't think I'd pay money to go see them just to hop up onstage and do that (charges, etc..). I'd rather take my shot at him face to face in the street or parking lot or whatever.

But see, the best thing is, people think he's an @#$%& anyway - they both are. And that is much better than beating them up.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 9, 2008 08:54

That has to be the stupidest a**hole motherf*cker I've seen in a while...
That prick should be locked up.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 9, 2008 12:40

That was bad and a worry - especially when you think about that guy who blew away Dimebay Darrell on stage a year or so ago.

Date: September 9, 2008 12:45

terraplane
That was bad and a worry - especially when you think about that guy who blew away Dimebay Darrell on stage a year or so ago.

That's what I was thinking when I posted about Noel being lucky he only got pushed.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2008 14:11

More Hot Rocks
Typical; this guy spits at people gets pushed and crys like a little girl. yeah real tough guy.

You obviously paid a lot of attention to the clip, then...

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: September 9, 2008 14:19

open-g
It's not quite the point wether you like Oasis or not - that was a back-stabbing attack, out of the blue.
If Noel had seen that mf coming, we'd bee watching another Keith-guitar-fling on YouTube.

...and what's with "crying and spitting"? you must be watching a different clip^^

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

gotta agree with Open-G.... we live in a world full of f*ckheads, if this guy had a knife or broken bottle or gun (but Canada has strict gun control) it could have been a lot worse. This can happen anywhere but I hear Toronto is really going down hill, don't know for sure but that's what I hear. I prefer Montreal or Vancouver myself having been to all 3 numerous times......

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 9, 2008 14:20

skipstone
That is odd, how the dude just popped out of nowhere. I don't care for them either, in fact, I can't fu*cking stand them, but I don't think I'd pay money to go see them just to hop up onstage and do that (charges, etc..). I'd rather take my shot at him face to face in the street or parking lot or whatever.

But see, the best thing is, people think he's an @#$%& anyway - they both are. And that is much better than beating them up.

I'm sure they're both trembling in their boots right now!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 9, 2008 14:22

... anyone feel like interpreting the audience reaction for me?
it looks like they're cheering the entire incident, but i might be misreading that
(and i'm not sure what sort of reaction i'd expect anyway)

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: September 9, 2008 14:33

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-09 15:34 by Svartmer.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 9, 2008 15:48

with sssoul
... anyone feel like interpreting the audience reaction for me?
it looks like they're cheering the entire incident, but i might be misreading that
(and i'm not sure what sort of reaction i'd expect anyway)

Probably cheering that the security guards subdued the assailant quickly and got him off stage.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: September 9, 2008 15:51

I don't feel bad for him at all, in fact he deserves what he had coming to him.. I saw them a few years back (free tickets) and both these guys were kicking people beers out of their hands in the crowd. Than one guy threw his beer at one of them and they freaked, got security to kick the guy out. These clowns are nothing but egotistcal jackasses.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home