Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Oasis assaulted in Toronto
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 10, 2008 15:30

Liam's basically a cartoon character. Anyone who takes his idiotic rantings seriously needs a sense of humour bypass.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 10, 2008 16:53

how did this uninvited guest manage to breach security and jump
onstage, from (what it appears) from behind the amps?

Oasis need to review their security arrangements
on their remaining U.S dates.
This stuff shouldn't happen. Heads should roll.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 10, 2008 17:51

Liam is a nipple.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 10, 2008 18:31

skipstone
Liam is a nipple.

...which is just about the sum total of skipstone's ability at offering constructive criticism about anything.

Tell me, did you fail the education system or did the education system fail you?

Date: September 10, 2008 19:57

Just using his word to describe him and his crap statement about George Harrison.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: September 10, 2008 21:02

He should have done this.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 10, 2008 21:26

I love that clip. Keith is so cool when he continues playing the guitar like nothing's happened after that incident.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 11, 2008 03:06

>>He should have done this.<<

Yeah man, he shoulda attached a rear mirror on his vintage Gibson 345/355.

[bp0.blogger.com]

Re: OT: guitars as defense weapons
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 11, 2008 09:50

>> his vintage Gibson 345/355 <<

i wonder how those semi-hollows would do in a pinch - not at all the same as using a solidbody, i bet!
has there been proper comparative research done on this? Keith's declared how impressed he was
by the sturdiness of the Fender ("didn't even go out of tune!" ) but i'm not sure he's included ES models in his study.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: September 11, 2008 10:38

I think its bad - no matter who the band is....no-one deserves this,
and just for the "knockers" who take the opportunity to use the thread for some insults towards the band, its much as Gazza and others said previously, they are playmakers to their unique style as a band.
The charity work these guys have done is complementry..just for example to name but a few,
[www.xfm.co.uk]

think of the people \ family close to you who have been affected by some of the stuff that these guys have been supporting of thier own choice thru charities...

And finally, id take these guys music over quite a lot else - they are a guitar band and have some decent songs....

just wish people would step back a bit from the constant abuse...

Doughboy

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 11, 2008 10:51

There was some kind of spat between Liam and KR but I don't know what it was about. I think they got on reasonably well with Oasis for a while. If I'm not mistaken, Ronnie had him as a guest at his place in Ireland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-11 10:58 by terraplane.

Date: September 11, 2008 20:33

Keith called him a cu*nt for trying to bait him to unwillingly help promote their horrible terrible shoddy cover version of SFM.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: September 11, 2008 22:38

Keith calls EVERYONE a cu*nt!

Re: OT: guitars as defense weapons
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 12, 2008 05:15

with sssoul
>> his vintage Gibson 345/355 <<

i wonder how those semi-hollows would do in a pinch - not at all the same as using a solidbody, i bet!
has there been proper comparative research done on this? Keith's declared how impressed he was
by the sturdiness of the Fender ("didn't even go out of tune!" ) but i'm not sure he's included ES models in his study.

Those ES models are sturdier than I thought.
I was at a friends gig back in '88 or '89. the band had finished loading all their equipment into a VW-bus after the gig, on a dark parkinglot.

well, they thought they had loaded all - but no, Sven's Gibson ES-335, in it's case, was still leaning behind the bus...when it pulled out backwards. crunch^^ eye popping smiley
so one tire drove right over the case - lenghtwise...

a devastating situation - cursing, blaming, tears and else...

the case looked pretty bad, splintered at the sides and the hinges came off and were bent.
all strings of the guitar were bust and I just thought: Bummer, well that's the end of that guitar.

now a few weeks ago, I met Sven again and actually asked him about that ES 335.
much to my surprise he told me he still plays it and its fine - still loves it.
So nothing happend to the Gibson, except for the strings.
it has been refretted in the meantime but no other woodwork was done since the incident.
you can see and hear it here:
[profile.myspace.com]

so I guess a ES-3xx might not have the same compact as a telecaster on someones head - but it also wouldn't break appart like a window pane.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: September 12, 2008 06:53

That shove was the equivalent of a sucker punch, very manly of Mr. Sullivan. He must have learned that move from watching too many Tie Domi highlight reels.

The Oasis Brothers are pretty talentless. One's an idiot, the other a hack. But no one deserves that. The last thing we need is another Dimebag Darrell incident.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 12, 2008 09:19

>> Those ES models are sturdier than I thought. <<

thanks for that very dramatic research, open-g honey!
that's definitely "don't try this at home" territory ... i'm glad the guitar survived

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 12, 2008 10:05

It could be the case that OASIS owes musically much to the Beatles, but in attitudewise they owe much more to the biggest rivals of The Beatles in the sixties... Being such little bricks as they are, I find these Gallagher brothers charming. That sort of nastiness is part of rock and roll in its British setting.

I guess there were lots of people at the time wanted see those ugly, long-hairy, bad mannerred, bad mouthed Rolling Stones guys to be beaten up...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 10:07 by Doxa.

Date: September 12, 2008 11:12

Hey baxlap! I dig what you said! "He must have learned that move from watching too many Tie Domi highlight reels." That is too funny.

I know Keith calls everyone a cu*nt. But at that one moment it was addressed to whatisname. Noel.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 12, 2008 11:22

"But at that one moment it was addressed to whatisname. Noel."

Sorry, it was Liam!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 12, 2008 11:24

SAL premier

Date: September 12, 2008 11:30

Eh, I can't keep 'em straight!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2008 14:43

skipstone
Keith called him a cu*nt for trying to bait him to unwillingly help promote their horrible terrible shoddy cover version of SFM.

I thought he called him a "little Irish bitch"..LOL

I do remember him choosing a few of his favourite songs on BBC radio a year or two earlier and picking "Cigarettes and alcohol", affectionately describing it as "boys having a bash!"

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home