Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 36
Re: Photo thread - TOTA '75 Only!
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 1, 2008 03:33

I better stop posting Baton Rouge/San Antonio shots, as they are mixed up at my PC, and I spend too long of a time clearing it up.....I'm trying to do some work, LOL

But here's another San Antonio shot, feat. the golden Gibson
Note that because of the lighting - Keith trousers almost make it look like Baton Rouge 1st....confusing. But it is San Antonio

Fin Costello

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-01 03:48 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 1, 2008 03:39

Britney
Also from Baton Rouge first show?

No heavy mascara there...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-01 04:01 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 1, 2008 04:22

I've seen this one labelled as San Antonio. Might this be the other San Antonio show?

Posted by: beatbabe ()
Date: September 1, 2008 17:23

Love the pics on the flatbed.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 1, 2008 18:05

this photo from 75 from the Sykes book is of a security guy named Bob Bender

I met him once--he was assigned to guard a singer I knew, Lou Gramm from Foreigner, in 1985 or so. One night I'd gone with Lou to a Foreigner gig at the Meadowlands in NJ--backstage during the show, I spent most of the time talking with Bender, who was a really genial, funny guy from the south--and he loved talking about the 75 tour--his personal detail on that tour was Jagger himself. Best line I remember was how he said Keith described him (Bender) "300 pounds of 'no you don't' "

ce

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 2, 2008 02:29

Ok here are a few more from 75,imho the best Stones tour,Best stage...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: September 2, 2008 05:03

ROPENI--thee are really wonderful--what memories!--any idea if you have any from opening night--jagger in the pink/orange?

and listen, to say thanks for posting, i'd love to send you a copy of a book I wrote last year, "Led Zeppelin Crashed Here - The Locations of America's Pop Culture Landmarks" -

if you'd like, go to my author's site, www.chrisepting.com, and shoot me your address from there

ce

Date: September 3, 2008 01:12

hbwriter
ROPENI--thee are really wonderful--what memories!--any idea if you have any from opening night--jagger in the pink/orange?

and listen, to say thanks for posting, i'd love to send you a copy of a book I wrote last year, "Led Zeppelin Crashed Here - The Locations of America's Pop Culture Landmarks" -

if you'd like, go to my author's site, www.chrisepting.com, and shoot me your address from there

ce

Hey Chris,l do have quite a few slides from all the Garden 75 shows, l am sure l do have some from opening night, l do remember sitting on the right side of the stage that night ,and seeing Bianca in her white sailor outfit, l will see if any of them came out good and will post them here or if you want, will send them to you,hell you may even be in one of my pictures as a very young Stones fan..
Man thanks a lot for the book offer l will take you up on it, l will contact you with my address trhu your website.
l am impress with the number of books you have written and its subjects,it seems like a lot of fun reading.
Here is story from the 75 tour, on one of the shows Keith and Ronnie wore white "Shell" jumpsuits,l am not sure on which show,but l decided that l wanted one of them jumpsuits,so l went all over nyc looking for the suit,eventually l found them in a boutique on the East side, and according to the owner she sold them to Keith and Ronnie(maybe she was full of shit) but who knows, anyway here is a picture of me in 75 wearing the same jumpsuit now is kind of lame but then it was great..Have a laugh

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: September 3, 2008 01:43

LOVE the jumpsuit, Ropeni. You were stylin'!

Date: September 3, 2008 02:13

ROPENI--excellent man--love that photo, too--resembles mick taylor!

and in case anyone missed this on our wonderful stroll down that summer of 75 memory lane--go get'em, geraldo

Date: September 3, 2008 02:24

Ew, Geraldo creeps me out.

Mick had great hair on this tour.

Date: September 3, 2008 02:30

yeah, should have warned you on the geraldo smiling smiley but hey, the opening show from 75 is worth it--sort of, i guess smiling smiley

Date: September 3, 2008 02:59

hbwriter
yeah, should have warned you on the geraldo smiling smiley but hey, the opening show from 75 is worth it--sort of, i guess smiling smiley

Totally! I'll put up with a little creepy Geraldo for some yummy Mick!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 3, 2008 03:20

Erik Snow wrote:

Oh you should have gotten the great Jean Marie book, he advertised it here on IORR. Jean Marie's books must be the only great Rolling Stones items that are absolutely for free - one only pay postage.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 31, 2008 15:12

hbwriter
what tour book is jean maries??

A homemade compilation off pressclippings about the 75 tour. Unfortunately I haven't got it. But from what I understand it's a treasure of information.

OK, I keep hearing about this free book. Can someone please answer: is it still available and if so, how can it be obtained?? If u would rather send me a private message, tim_bernardis@hotmail.com.

Press clippings, funny thing. During that tour, I would go down to the old Sacramento Public Library Downtown on I Street. In those pre-online days, they used to carry hard copy subscriptions to several major city US newspapers.

After a week or two, they would throw them out. I made an arrangement with them that they would save certain cities and certain dates for me. So, I collected I don't know how many day-after-the-show hard copy issues of newspapers in cities where the Stones had played.

I still have them, but haven't looked at them in years. Hopefully they are still in good condition. I know they have some fotos, but mostly black and white. I also have my own poor fotos of the Cow Palace second show and some good fotos of Cow Palace first show taken by a friend of a friend.

I keep meaning to dig them out and if we follow thru with having a garage sale soon, I should get to all of my old Stones stuff. Garage sale not to include any Stones stuff!!

plexi

Date: September 3, 2008 03:22

DaisyGrace
hbwriter

Totally! I'll put up with a little creepy Geraldo for some yummy Mick!

I met Geraldo a couple of years back,he came into one of my businesses in Puerto Rico, and l must say he was super cool very friendly to my staff and to the other visitors,here is a picture of him with my wife and some of my employees, l do agree on tv he comes across very weird but in person, a very nice guy...

Date: September 3, 2008 03:27

R--all kidding aside, I've met him too and he's cool-LOVES the Stones, so that works in his favor--and he's got a pretty good sense of humor about himself

Date: September 3, 2008 03:41

hbwriter
R--all kidding aside, I've met him too and he's cool-LOVES the Stones, so that works in his favor--and he's got a pretty good sense of humor about himself

l also asked him about the Stones and he told me he is good friends with Mick,so l guess the saying "you can't judge a book by its cover" applies to Geraldo as well.. lol

Date: September 3, 2008 05:45

ROPENI
hbwriter

l also asked him about the Stones and he told me he is good friends with Mick,so l guess the saying "you can't judge a book by its cover" applies to Geraldo as well.. lol

Ugggghhh...you're going to make me change my mind about him.

I will say I have a better chance of meeting Geraldo than I do of meeting any of the Stones (well, maybe. You all know of my obsession with Ian McLagan...)

I'll start thinking of Geraldo as "Stones fan/friend of Mick" rather than "Al Capone's empty vault guy."

Date: September 3, 2008 06:21

I'll start thinking of Geraldo as "Stones fan/friend of Mick" rather than "Al Capone's empty vault guy."
smiling smiley

Daisy--or "nose busted by thrown chair during on set riot - guy"

Date: September 3, 2008 06:54

hbwriter
smiling smiley

Daisy--or "nose busted by thrown chair during on set riot - guy"

Ha! How could I forget that?!

Date: September 3, 2008 19:29

you've probably seen this but getty has a few good '75 pages

[www.gettyimages.com]

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: September 3, 2008 22:24

ROPENI
Here is another one from MSG 1975.
great photo!!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 4, 2008 17:16

"Wild Horses" from LA Forum, 13th July, with a nice photoshow of pix from the tour:

Date: September 5, 2008 07:45

Thanks, Green Lady--very nice

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 5, 2008 11:54

haven't watched the Wild Horses 75 clip, but the "still" that's visible in Green Lady's post of it
is from Ronnie's July 13th 74 Kilburn gig, not the 75 tour ...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 5, 2008 12:29

with sssoul
haven't watched the Wild Horses 75 clip, but the "still" that's visible in Green Lady's post of it
is from Ronnie's July 13th 74 Kilburn gig, not the 75 tour ...

No, I don't think they are all from TOTA, but a good number are...

Date: September 5, 2008 17:26

it's details like that that make me love this site

Date: September 7, 2008 00:25

Not the Stones but The Boss 1975,at the Bottom Line in NYC,right before he made it big....

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: September 7, 2008 02:05

Hello everyone!

I've been following this site for the past few months and just joined.

I attended both of the Stones' concerts in Baton Rouge, LA. on June 1, 1975.

The concerts were performed at the LSU Assembly Center (now called the Pete Maravich Assembly Center or PMAC), NOT Dunkirk Hall as reported in many links. LSU has no Dunkirk Hall.

The first show began at approx. 5 pm and the Stones played for 3 hours. The final song for the first show was Midnight Rambler. During the first show they also performed Rocks Off, Dance Little Sister and Luxury.

The second show was a repeat of the first show except they played Wild Horses, Heartbreaker and ended with Street Fighting Man.

June 1, 1975 was Ron Wood's first concert with the Stones and also his birthday. Jagger sang Happy Birthday to him durng each show.

Each show ended with Jagger coming back on stage holding a Budweiser beer can and saying "Good night Baton Rouge...thank you very much".

I have the Baton Rouge "Advocate" newspaper article & The LSU Reville article about these concerts and will try to scan and post them in a few days. A few great photos in those articles from the first show.

I'll try to comment later on those Baton Rouge 1975 vs San Antonio 1975 photos.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 7, 2008 02:14

Greetings, batonrouge75!

Can't wait to see those articles.
Still got a roof on your house up there?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1248
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home