Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 53
Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 3, 2009 03:02

J8ste
Rocky Dijon
Original Live Licks Track Listing from July 2004:

STONES TO RELEASE LIVE LICKS 33 LIVE TRACKS FROM THE LICKS TOUR

TRACK LISTING

Disc One
1. Street Fighting Man*
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3. Don't Stop
4. Tumbling Dice
5. You Got Me Rocking
6. Start Me Up
7. Brown Sugar
8. Paint It Black*
9. Honky Tonk Women*
10. Gimme Shelter*
11. Jumping Jack Flash
12. You Can't Always Get What You Want
13. Slipping Away
14. Happy
15. Satisfaction
16. Sympathy For The Devil*

Disc Two
1. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
2. Live With Me
3. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love*
4. That's How Strong My Love Is*
5. Let It Bleed
6. Worried About You
7. I Just Wanna Make Love To You*
8. Before They Make Me Run*
9. The Nearness Of You*
10. Hand Of Fate*
11. Monkey Man
12. Wild Horses*
13. Love Train*
14. Heartbreaker
15. Star Star
16. All Down The Line
17. Parachute Woman*

TO RELEASED SEPT 27 2004

With These Extras On A Two More Discs It Would Be Perfect:

01.) Ain't To Proud Too Beg*
02.) Dance, Pt.I*
03.) Dead Flowers*
04.) Far Away Eyes*
05.) Heart Of Stone*
06.) Hot Stuff*
07.) If You Can't Rock Me
08.) Like A Rolling Stone
09.) The Little Red Rooster
10.) Loving Cup*
11.) Neighbours
12.) Mannish Boy*
13.) Out Of Control
14.) Ruby Tuesday
15.) Saint Of Me
16.) Salt Of The Earth
17.) Shattered
18.) She Smiled Sweetly*
19.) Sweet Virginia
20.) Torn & Frayed*
21.) Undercover (Of The Night)
22.) Waiting On A Friend

You could make it into a two compiled concert 4 disc boxed set 2 discs of Theatre/Club Stuff (One Supposed Show) and One Of Stadium/Arena Stuff (A Second Supposed Show). I starred the ones for the club show and left blank the ones for the stadium.

Ähhh . . . Rocks Off ?!?

Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 3, 2009 03:12

Wow, didn't notice that! Maybe it wasn't hacked apart yet.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 3, 2009 06:33

Looks like someone got an advance copy.
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Doesn't look too real though. >grinning smiley<

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 3, 2009 06:36

JumpingKentFlash
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

could be a promo disc but i doubt it

Date: April 3, 2009 06:42

ghostryder13
JumpingKentFlash
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

could be a promo disc but i doubt it

Could be. And the seller's rating is at 99.8, so who knows really?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 3, 2009 07:04

That Sticky Fingers CD (SUPPOSED 2009 remaster) was 10 quid and I just got my salary a couple of days ago. So I thought: "Feck it all. I'm givin' it a stab". I just purchased it. I'll let you know if it's anything real. But I have my doubts too.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 3, 2009 07:19

If that is their version of a remastered reissued SF without any kind of artwork represented on the actual record...F U C K THAT. It had better sound a million times better than the Virgin issues. At least make it look like the real record.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: April 3, 2009 10:56

Mick and Keith are lazy bastards when it comes to caring about their hard core fans. Each self respecting band does more than the Stones do for these group of fans. Whether it is releasing collector boxes or putting gigs on the INternet, etc. Bowie, Black Crowes, Dylan, U2, Springsteen, AC/DC, Cult, pearl Jam, Prince, Motorhead, Lucinda W. do all care about their core following.

Any other band besides the Stones who does not care? Clapton?

Posted by: DizzyDutch ()
Date: April 3, 2009 11:58

i just came across a website from a dutch recordstore and they have listed these re-issues for release at May 1st 2009,

the boxset(inclucing SF, EOMS, GHS and IORR) will be around €50,- and the CD's will be €18,- each.

i hope Universal will also release all of these albums on Vinyl!

Michael

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 3, 2009 12:22

kees
Mick and Keith are lazy bastards when it comes to caring about their hard core fans. Each self respecting band does more than the Stones do for these group of fans. Whether it is releasing collector boxes or putting gigs on the INternet, etc. Bowie, Black Crowes, Dylan, U2, Springsteen, AC/DC, Cult, pearl Jam, Prince, Motorhead, Lucinda W. do all care about their core following.

Clapton tours regularly, records (originals + blues stuff) and finds time to write his memoirs.
And of course supports his Crossroads charity, so what more do you want?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 3, 2009 12:30

so what more do you want?

eeeeeerrrrrrr shoot da rest of da sheriffs?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 3, 2009 12:39

So here is the thread I was looking about!
bv,can you delete my thread ?Thanks a lot.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: April 3, 2009 13:01

No matter how much work they put into the Exile release it will never be as good we hope it to be. Will they include remastered Ladies and Gents? Outtakes?...

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 3, 2009 13:09

LastStopThisTown
No matter how much work they put into the Exile release it will never be as good we hope it to be. Will they include remastered Ladies and Gents? Outtakes?...

Loving Cup from the Beacon and Stop Breaking Down from Miami 95!...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 3, 2009 15:51

There would be so much you can do with the Stones that would both create value and income. I can't believe that mediocre shit that is released all the time sad smiley

Just imagine something like:
They create a website with audio samples of some outtakes. Users can vote which outtake should get re-recorded and released. The recording process will be documented on video. When all is done, it'll be released on the website and via ITunes for digital download, the website will also offer a lossless version for a bit more money and cover art. The video will be released as a bonus. To create more publicity, a b-side will be released for free on the popular torrent tracker The Piratebay. This will increase traffic to the before mentioned website....the possibilities are endless. I hereby copyright those above mentioned ideas and one day I'm gonna walk in on a Stones board meeting and tell them to do something right at the end of their career.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: April 3, 2009 16:22

jlowe: I really love Clapton live, appreciate him much better than what do Stones do since 89 but although his playing is outstanding his tour set lists are a bit boring and he did not release much for hard core fans.
His memoirs are for sure worth reading!

Date: April 3, 2009 16:58

The thread title is wrong.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 3, 2009 17:25

i hope they do a proper remaster of the albums. alot of remastered cds on the market sound like they were compressed with the volume increased .which can be done at home with the free program Audacity

Posted by: gomp ()
Date: April 3, 2009 18:10

I apologize if these dates have been covered already in this thread.

From Uncut:

The Rolling Stones are to remaster 14 of their post 1971 albums and release them in batches, starting with Sticky Fingers, Goats Head Soup, It’s Only Rock’n’Roll and Black And Blue in May.

The remastered albums will contain the original track listing and feature their original iconic sleeves, and fans will have the option to buy a special collector's box to house them.

The reissues are part of the Rolling Stones new deal with Universal Music Group, and all 14 albums will also be available to buy digitally.

Classic album Exile on Main Street will also be released, separately, later in in the year, with UMG planning to celebrate the iconic 1972 album.

The Roling Stones reissues will be re-released as follows:

May 4:
Sticky Fingers [2009 re-mastered]
Goats Head Soup [2009 re-mastered]
It's Only Rock 'N' Roll [2009 re-mastered]
Black And Blue [2009 re-mastered ]

June 8:
Some Girls
Emotional Rescue
Tattoo You
Undercover

July 13:
Dirty Work
Steel Wheels
Voodoo Lounge
Bridges To Babylon
A Bigger Bang

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 3, 2009 18:12

Beginning next month fans of The Rolling Stones will have much to rejoice about with the arrival of re-mastered versions of "Sticky Fingers," "Goats Head Soup," "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" and "Black And Blue".

And it doesn't end there. In June, the band will continue their re-issue campaign with Universal Music Group with the re-issue of "Some Girls," "Emotional Rescue," "Tattoo You" and "Undercover," followed by "Dirty Work," "Steel Wheels," "Voodoo Lounge," "Bridges To Babylon" and their most recent album of all new material, "A Bigger Bang".

Astute fans will notice the absence of the masterful "Exile On Main St." from the release schedule. Hailed by Rolling Stone magazine, where "Exile On Main St." was rated the 7th Greatest Album Of All Time, as "Jagger and Richards' definitive songwriting statement of outlaw pride and dedication to grit," no one has forgotten about the marquee album, least of all The Rolling Stones. A late 2009 re-issue of "Exile On Main St." is being planned as part of a wider celebration that will accompany its release.

In a nod to the band's diehard fans, UMG will also be releasing a collector's box in which to house all 14 post-1971 studio albums, as well as making the catalogue newly available digitally.

More news will be available shortly.

Date: April 3, 2009 18:25

skipstone
If that is their version of a remastered reissued SF without any kind of artwork represented on the actual record...F U C K THAT. It had better sound a million times better than the Virgin issues. At least make it look like the real record.

It says that this is an "advance copy". As I understand it, they usually look pretty boring (Sort of like some promos I've seen).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 3, 2009 20:53

Amused
Beginning next month fans of The Rolling Stones will have much to rejoice about with the arrival of re-mastered versions of "Sticky Fingers," "Goats Head Soup," "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" and "Black And Blue".

drinking smiley

Yep..the excitement is absolutely unbearable.

Christ, I know we're short of Stones news over the last year or 18 months, but if thats worthy of rejoicing, things must be pretty desperate.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 3, 2009 20:56

well, since I missed out on the Virgin remasters, but got all the CBS versions, I´ll buy...But of course it´s an opportunity missed, they could have done so much with these re-issues, but choose to try and cash in as quick as possible.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 3, 2009 21:57

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 15:20 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: J8ste ()
Date: April 4, 2009 00:25

kees

Not a fan but Led Zeppelin (can be argued but Page is the reason for this), Jimi Hendrix (His family is horrible with releases, I have a friend who worked as their lawyer for 2 years and hated it), and Peter Frampton fall into this category as well.

I like these groups though Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughan (Jimmie Vaughan tries his best to not release anything worth while), The Beatles (which is arguable), and The Who (up untill recently [past 2 years]).

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 4, 2009 02:26

JumpingKentFlash
That Sticky Fingers CD (SUPPOSED 2009 remaster) was 10 quid and I just got my salary a couple of days ago. So I thought: "Feck it all. I'm givin' it a stab". I just purchased it. I'll let you know if it's anything real. But I have my doubts too.

Please do let us know ... I'm very curious. Thanks.

Drew

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 4, 2009 03:04

"I have a friend who worked as the [Hendrix family] lawyer for 2 years and hated it"

Do you have stories to share? Pretty soon we're going to regret Alan Douglas winking smiley

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: April 4, 2009 03:54

...is there actually anyone out there in the world who does'nt have these albums already??...i mean, are they going for the 12-16 year old kid market?.... because i can't imagine anyone who has been around for a while who's gonna run out and buy these...and exactly how good can you make them sound??---they're already pretty rippin' the way they are...this is pretty pathetic...how many times do they want people to buy the same music over and over...two years from now a new technology will replace the CD and then we'll have to buy everything again on the new improved (fill in the blank)....sigh.....how about a new @#$%& album of original material instead...naw..too much work...

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 4, 2009 04:18

So much negativity on this thread recently ... IMO these remasters were long overdue, and they are perhaps just the appetizer to a (beggar's) banquet of Stones goodies to be released by Universal in the coming years...

Drew

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 4, 2009 04:46

drewmaster
So much negativity on this thread recently ... IMO these remasters were long overdue, and they are perhaps just the appetizer to a (beggar's) banquet of Stones goodies to be released by Universal in the coming years...

Drew

An appetizer should make appetite, but what's currently served by Universal is not exactly mouth-watering. There may be some sonic improvements, but let's not fool ourselves in case the new versions are just louder and EQ-tweaked here and there.

I just do not see a (beggar's) banquet on the horizon...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1306
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home