Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
AC/DC's Black Ice
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 16, 2008 03:06

From [www.rollingstone.com]

Sweet vindication! Last year in this column, AC/DC singer Brian Johnson promised that they’d tour in 2008. Well, he wasn’t kidding. Soon they’ll begin rehearsals in a secret location, before hitting U.S. arenas in late fall. We heard this news at the Sony HQ on New York’s Madison Avenue, before hearing all 15 tracks of the band’s earthshaking new Black Ice, recorded in Vancouver in just eight weeks with Brendan O’Brien. On it, Brian wails about skies on fire, blood in his eyes, storms raging, lightning flashes, hard rain and pretty women. Angus Young shreds throughout (we dig his slide work on “Decibel”), and the rhythm cats — Malcom Young, Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd — are solid as a rock. The first single is “Rock ‘N Roll Train”; “She Likes Rock ‘N Roll” will be a stripper anthem; and “War Machine” (our favorite) will tear you to pieces.

Re: AC/DC's Black Ice
Date: August 16, 2008 03:09

And this is from [www.roadrunnerrecords.com]

Rolling Stone has posted a short "review" of the new AC/DC album "Black Ice", which the magazine apparently heard during a listening session the Sony headquarters on New York's Madison Avenue. According to the Rolling Stone, the 15-song CD, which was recorded in Vancouver in just eight weeks with producer Brendan O'Brien (PEARL JAM, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, VELVET REVOLVER), features AC/DC singer Brian Johnson wailing "about skies on fire, blood in his eyes, storms raging, lightning flashes, hard rain and pretty women. Angus Young [guitar] shreds throughout (we dig his slide work on 'Decibel'), and the rhythm cats — Malcom Young [guitar], Cliff Williams [bass] and Phil Rudd [drums] — are solid as a rock. The first single is 'Rock 'n Roll Train'; 'She Likes Rock 'n Roll' will be a stripper anthem; and 'War Machine' (our favorite) will tear you to pieces."

"Black Ice" has had its release date pushed up one week, from October 28 to October 21. The record, AC/DC's first in eight years, will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart.

"Rock 'n Roll Train" will arrive at radio stations August 28. A source at Harddrive Radio described it as "smoking hot. It's AC/DC like we love them, loud, anthemic and hard!"

"Black Ice" is AC/DC's first new studio effort since 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip".

The legendary rockers are slated to begin an 18-month world tour in October, with the trek reportedly kicking off on around Halloween in Chicago.

The 1977 AC/DC song "Let There Be Rock" will be featured in the new Rock Band 2 video game, due out in September. This will mark the band's first and so far only contribution to a video game soundtrack.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 16, 2008 05:30

Yessssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: August 16, 2008 09:11

Adams
Yessssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adams, you couldn't have said it any better. thanks

Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: August 16, 2008 11:02

My two sons, john paul and robert james would like to go their show, if they play in italy, first we'll buy the record, then look for the ticket if they come in Italy or close to Italy.
Bye

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 16, 2008 13:00

Can't WAIT!

Date: August 16, 2008 17:08

I can't wait either.. i'm surprised they are having 15 songs on the new album..this is not their style... i hope there won't be cd bloat! i would have just picked the 10 best songs and had it be 40 minutes but i have faith in malcolm young.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 16, 2008 21:14

Great News!!!

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: August 16, 2008 21:20

fkin yeahsssss!!!!!
i was waiting a lot for this , wanna see them live!!

Posted by: Cooljerk ()
Date: August 16, 2008 21:22

I can't wait.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 16, 2008 23:26

still not convinced thats the title until i read it on AC/DC's own website

don't forget Rolling Stone 'reviewed' the last Black Crowes album even though they hadn't heard it. they even had to apologise!

having said that. the band DID record a video in London yesterday for their new single, which may or may not be called Runaway Train or Rock N Roll Train

depending who you believe

one things for certain. a new album IS coming and a world tour wont be far off being announced

i'm going to try and make 5-10 gigs this time, even if they do keep the setlist the same night after @#$%& night

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: August 16, 2008 23:57

andy js
don't forget Rolling Stone 'reviewed' the last Black Crowes album even though they hadn't heard it. they even had to apologise!

I think it was Maxim that tried to pull that little trick. RS is generally a pretty reliable source. It is kind've an odd title, though.

Date: August 17, 2008 14:43

i think you're right. my mistake

but i'm not sure anybody takes Rolling Stone seriously either. its a terrible magazine

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 17, 2008 17:50

andy js

but i'm not sure anybody takes Rolling Stone seriously either. its a terrible magazine

Agreed. I still remember Jann Wenner giving 5 stars to Goddess in the Doorway. Yeah, sure. That was, for me, the last straw.

Drew

Date: August 17, 2008 18:37

andy js
still not convinced thats the title until i read it on AC/DC's own website

having said that. the band DID record a video in London yesterday for their new single, which may or may not be called Runaway Train or Rock N Roll Train

depending who you believe

one things for certain. a new album IS coming and a world tour wont be far off being announced

i'm going to try and make 5-10 gigs this time, even if they do keep the setlist the same night after @#$%& night

i feel the same way..this is a big tour for me....i need to see a few shows...

Date: August 18, 2008 03:01

Goddess In The Doorway? You mean Dogshit In The Doorway...

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 18, 2008 13:44

hmmm, the new LP cover:
[muzyka.onet.pl]

Date: August 18, 2008 14:59

well its all OFFICIAL NOW

AC/DC's 'Black Ice' Set For Release October 20th
Columbia Records announced today the October 20th release of AC/DC's widely-anticipated Black Ice, the band's first studio album in eight years. Black Ice features 15 new tracks from brothers Angus and Malcolm Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams, and Phil Rudd. The album was produced by Brendan O'Brien at the Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, BC.

"Rock 'N' Roll Train," the album's first single, will debut on August 28th. The video will premiere in September. And the band is set to kick off its first world tour since 2001 in late October.

Black Ice will be sold in the US exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club retail locations at the special price of $ 11.88. Online, the CD will be available with free shipping and handling via the band's website, www.acdc.com. It will also be sold at Walmart.com and Samsclub.com.

Black Ice is currently available for pre-order at www.acdc.com and Walmart.com.

Track Listing:

1. Rock ’n Roll Train
2. Skies On Fire
3. Big Jack
4. Anything Goes
5. War Machine
6. Smash N Grab
7. Spoilin’ For A Fight
8. Wheels
9. Decibel
10. Stormy May Day
11. She Likes Rock N Roll
12. Money Made
13. Rock N Roll Dream
14. Rocking All The Way
15. Black Ice

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 18, 2008 15:16

I love AC/DC, but it's amazing they still refuse to go on iTunes or any of the other MP3 sites. They are one of the very last hold-outs.

Get with the program, guys, this is 2008!!!

Drew

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 18, 2008 15:24

I take it we can expect to see Angus's wild antics live, usual school-uniform and no ballads whatsoever - only pure and energetic rock music with lots of riffs. Sounds fine to me.

Date: August 18, 2008 16:43

you could download their catalogue via verizon i believe

i think they've always insisted they make 'albums'. and don't want itunes selling individual songs

can't say i blame em either

Posted by: Mangus ()
Date: August 18, 2008 17:34

I think it's excellent how they decided to make this album at a time when everybody is just dieing for some new ACDC tunes.

ACDC has been a top search topic on search engines for a couple years.

Most bands career would be over after nearly 8 years of silence. Instead ACDC fans are clammering about the internet ready to devour any information that pertains to the new ACDC album and ACDC tour date rumors.

Check out this RARE Bootleg of Bon Scott singing "The Jack" in Toledo Ohio in 1979:

Date: August 18, 2008 17:36

[www.billboard.com]

Also AC/DC are the only major rock group, that I am aware of anyway, that does not have more than 3 greatest hits comps out yet alone 1 - they have NONE.

Date: August 18, 2008 17:36

Here's another killer Video bootleg from the same show:

Live Wire Live Bootleg - Bon Scott!

Date: August 18, 2008 21:43

It's Official The new ACDC Album is named "black Ice. Release date is October 20th 2008.

You can pre order the album for this page!

New ACDC Album Black Ice

Find lots more info.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 19, 2008 00:24

Mangus
Here's another killer Video bootleg from the same show:

Live Wire Live Bootleg - Bon Scott!

And not on the bill for some reason - The Scorpions.

Pic and info borrowed here:
[buzzardbook.wordpress.com]

Loads of interesting info from this show, for example this was the show were Aerosmith´s Joe Perry finally had enough.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-19 00:28 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 19, 2008 06:26

I ordered the CD today. (Now I don't have to get it at Wal-mart)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2008 07:07

The Australian - 19 August 2008

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 19, 2008 07:25

Rockman

The Australian - 19 August 2008

Hey Rockman.Question for ya. Are ACDC as popular at home as they are in the US and Europe? As you can see quite a bit of interest around here in them. But what about the locals? Are they excited about the boys getting back together?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2008 07:42

Yeah the ACer's are loved down here.....BUT pretty much a safe
bet ta say they have a far bigger fan-base in Europe and the States....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2186
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home